Green Goblin (MCU) vs Master Chief (Halo)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Goblin has his glider, suit, gear, and various bombs.

Chief has his suit, shotgun, hand gun, plasma grenades, and power sword.

Start 100 feet apart in times square.

No knowledge of the other.

MrBlackDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrBlackDragon

I'd say Master Chief takes this. Goblin has a bomb that could kill 5 people within an instant ignoring durability. However since Chief's armor has tanked multiple bomb, has a refractive coating to help disperse incoming energy attacks, and the fact that spartans can tank anything short of a direct hit by a Wraiths plasma mortar, which vaporize everything at least within 20 meter radius or more, and tanked light attacks I think Goblins bombs wouldn't be enough to finish the job. They’re probably close in strength, but Master Chief is no stranger to killing. MC also has better armor. MC takes this.

Thank you for reading this post and hope you have a marvelous day! :D

-Mr. BlackDragon

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman

InfinityMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master chief

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Master Chief. He's endured through much rougher scenarios that Norman has.

No Caption Provided

InfiniteMass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief stomps

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@baldur_odinson: That’s my thoughts too.

He takes on small armies on his own, and wins every time. Sometimes these small armies will have dozens of enemies debatably as powerful as Goblin. I think even a typical plasma grenade could be debated to doing the type of destruction a pumpkin bomb does, and even grunts throw tons of those. I’m not saying a grunt is anywhere near as powerful as Goblin, but they do have grenades that aren’t too far off of Goblin’s best weapons. Invisible elites, that carry plasma swords, I think could be debatably more powerful then Goblin. With a plasma sword, they’re potential damage is much higher then what Goblin can do with a single attack. Hunters are debatably much more powerful then Goblin. Then there are also the vehicles he faces, tanks, banshees, etc… all more powerful then Goblin. None of these have Goblin’s mobility, which is important, but the fact that Chief might be facing dozens of these enemies, all at the same time, should be way more of a threat then Goblin, yet Chief consistently wins.

But then there’s things like Atriox completely stomping him, and I’m fairly confident Goblin could stomp Atriox. Atriox is portrayed as a huge threat, and has stomped other Spartans, but he’s still just big, strong, and tough. That shouldn’t be enough to stomp Chief as casually as he did. Maybe this is just an outlier, but it makes me think maybe Chief wouldn’t do so great against Goblin, and his feats against large numbers of enemies, don’t translate to a 1v1 fight with someone more capable? IDK…

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I read the first novel of the series, but I forgot its name, back when they were younger kids and taken from their homes. It detailed every moment of John-117's history at the base, even during the whole Spartan procedure, which both impressed and surprised me and I recommend everyone reading just how far John had to endure before putting the armor on. That alone removes Norman from the fight.

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tparks

@baldur_odinson: I read it too, and a few other novels. It’s honestly why I have much more of an appreciation for Chief. His abilities aren’t as vastly superior in the novels as people make them seem, but it does give you a better understanding of them, and more importantly, his genius level tactical mind. Although he has Cortana in all the novels I’ve read, which probably made him slightly better then he is now.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Atriox has shown to stomp spartans and Brutes overall are generally show cased to be stronger than Spartans on the norm. Atriox stomping MC is what most fans believe should happen as the guy has casually stomped elite spec ops and so on. The guy is also a master mind and decent with tactics as well. If we review first strike we know Chief had to use his skills to defeat a brute not out muscle one. Fred dumped the pistol mag into a brute's head and the brute kept swinging even after being dead. We know in Contact harvest it took 3 squads of marines to unload all mags in order for a brute to lose his shield ( brute minor mind you ), so Atriox overall losing to MC isn't a lowball on MC, its just that Atriox is indeed that good. He's also amped up in power armor as well and he will certainly crush the Goblin if they were to go straight up into h2h combat as there's nothing to suggest otherwise

OT MC should defeat green goblin about as casual as 2016 Doomslayer, which means casually. Too fast, too strong, too durable, and generally too skilled ( Spider man in the movie was enraged and didn't really apply all that much skill in their fights granted the last fight was much better )

ReRisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting fight

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin isn't busting Chief's armor and has never displayed anything that lets him outwit Chief in this environment. His best bet is flying and dropping bombs, but this strategy is exactly something Chief has dealt with numerous times in his past. Bombs ain't in great quantities either.

Sword rush gg?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordhauextreme1: Atriox has done nothing impressive in any of his fights though. Characters who are less then peak human would have no problems dodging his slow attacks. It doesn’t make sense that someone who is just big and tough, should be able to stomp Chief that easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@hydratedfubuki6 said:

Norman

@lazerbeak said:

Norman

Norman doesn't stand a chance here. This is an outright mismatch, especially after Halo Infinite.