Green Goblin & The Lizard (NWH) vs Cull Obsidian (MCU)

• 52 results
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Green Goblin & The Lizard (NWH) vs Cull Obsidian (MCU) (69 votes)

Green Goblin & The Lizard (NWH) 52%
Cull Obsidian (MCU) 48%
No Caption Provided

Location: Statue of Liberty during renovation with Captain America's shield.

No Caption Provided

Starting Distance: Green Goblin & The Lizard (NWH) start at the top of the scaffolding.

- Cull Obsidian starts at the edge of the island.

State of mind: In character.

Knowledge: None.

Equipment: Green Goblin has his glider and the equipment shown in NWH.

- Cull Obsidian has his two arms and Chain Hammer.

Victory by: Death, KO or Incapacitate.

• 
Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Team.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

Some feats for reference:

Cull's Chain Hammer at full extension
Cull's Chain Hammer at full extension
Cull's weapon blocking Stark's repulsor beams, and Cull himself tanking a car from Spider-man.
Cull's weapon blocking Stark's repulsor beams, and Cull himself tanking a car from Spider-man.

Cull Obsidian vs Hulkbuster:

Loading Video...
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

Some Lizard and Green Goblin feats:

The Lizard and Green Goblin team up!
The Lizard and Green Goblin team up!
The Lizard vs MCU Spidey
The Lizard vs MCU Spidey
Green Goblin's Pumpkin Bombs
Green Goblin's Pumpkin Bombs
Green Goblin's Spinning Razors, and his glider slicing one of Doc Ock's metal arms
Green Goblin's Spinning Razors, and his glider slicing one of Doc Ock's metal arms
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@watcer said:

Team.

Do you think the team is required, or can each one of them potentially solo?

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull beats his asses.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Still Cull

Avatar image for deactivated-63d749e0527b1
deactivated-63d749e0527b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
@kinglouie said:

Hold on Cull did beat Ironman.

Let’s not underrate him.

And Spider-Man saved Ironman from Cull twice.

Cull can’t beat both, heck he probably can’t beat 1.

Goblin has better stand alone feats, and better scaling, he wins a long drawn out battle, adding Lizard speeds things up.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Gnkocurvq2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull

Avatar image for supremekilla010
SupremeKilla010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin solos. Showed at his peak he is above regular MCU spidey. Takes a bloodlusted Parker to overpower him. And Peter already performed perfectly fine against Cull while toying around.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty obvious they'd lose to IW Ironman they haven't got a better shot against someone that beat him.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette said:

Goblin solos. Showed at his peak he is above regular MCU spidey. Takes a bloodlusted Parker to overpower him. And Peter already performed perfectly fine against Cull while toying around.

That's an interesting perspective.

Some people have said, Tom's strength went down in NWH compared to Infinity War, as opposed to Green Goblin scaling up to IW feats...

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waking_dreamer: How so? He fought people who scale clearly to Tobey and Tobeys always been directly superior to Tom in strength.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
@noah_ouellette said:

@waking_dreamer: How so? He fought people who scale clearly to Tobey and Tobeys always been directly superior to Tom in strength.

Disagree, I think Tom is above Tobey in strength.

Toms feats are better, and in the struggle in NWH Tom was pushing down and Tobey was pushing up with his knee on the ground, he lifts up a bit and Tom pushes him back down.. my take away is that they are pretty much equals; but if we dig into it, Tobey had a better position pushing up engaging his full body, where Tom could only use shoulders and arms because he was in the worse position.

But I think the gap is small enough that they are directly scalable, any difference in strength is infinitesimal IMO…

OT: Tobey and Goblin should be able to rep Toms strength feats… Cull can’t beat both, lizard and goblin.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, the poll results is the closest NWH-related battle thread I've done so far...

TheQuatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheQuatum

Goblin or Lizard both solo. Lizard is faster, stronger and more durable than Spider-Man while having instant regeneration from any wound as well as retaining genius IQ while in lizard form.

Goblin beat a more experienced Spider-Man who previously easily held back Cull's swings in Infinity War. He also took hits from this Spider-Man with 0 visible damage and laughed once he got up even when this Spider-Man was bloodlusted.

Infinity War Ironman losing to Cull made no sense scaling wise but scaling off Spider-Man, whom both these villains have fought, they completely fodderize Cull Obsidian.

Again, Infinity War Tony losing to Cull was ridiculous considering he actually hurt Thanos but that's a whole nother can of worms.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Tobey stopped Tom's momentum when he was trying to slam the glider down on Goblin. They weren't just pushing each other at the same time. He was not trying anywhere near his hardest (we know what that looks like) while Tom was trying his absolute best to push the glider down. Tobey's knees don't change the fact that Tobey's arms were fine even when Tom tried again with all his might. I think Tobey's arms would be more bent or shaking if he was relying mainly on his position (where he could use his body more for support). Position had more to do with being in Tom's line of sight (blocking Goblin) and calming him down.

The fact that Tom could beat Goblin so badly in the second fight while he couldn't do much in the first puts into perspective how much of a boost he got from being bloodlusted. Tobey was calm and did not have a strength boost of his own but showed almost no sign of really trying. He was much more focused on sending a message with his facial expressions. They aren't equals in physical strength in NWH, just like Andrew and Tobey aren't equals in web-shooting. Tobey was purposely portrayed in a way where he had an advantage over the other Spider-Mans, probably out of respect.

It makes sense that Tobey is stronger. He's obviously older than he was at the end of SM3 and has had the most time to develop his natural powers. Tom has much more time to grow and his trilogy is basically his origin story.

MikeMageo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

@watcer said:

Team.

Do you think the team is required, or can each one of them potentially solo?

I'm not sure but yeah. I think Goblin would solo beat Cull.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rebake said:

@death4bunnies: Tobey stopped Tom's momentum when he was trying to slam the glider down on Goblin. They weren't just pushing each other at the same time. He was not trying anywhere near his hardest (we know what that looks like) while Tom was trying his absolute best to push the glider down. Tobey's knees don't change the fact that Tobey's arms were fine even when Tom tried again with all his might. I think Tobey's arms would be more bent or shaking if he was relying mainly on his position (where he could use his body more for support). Position had more to do with being in Tom's line of sight (blocking Goblin) and calming him down.

The fact that Tom could beat Goblin so badly in the second fight while he couldn't do much in the first puts into perspective how much of a boost he got from being bloodlusted. Tobey was calm and did not have a strength boost of his own but showed almost no sign of really trying. He was much more focused on sending a message with his facial expressions. They aren't equals in physical strength in NWH, just like Andrew and Tobey aren't equals in web-shooting. Tobey was purposely portrayed in a way where he had an advantage over the other Spider-Mans, probably out of respect.

It makes sense that Tobey is stronger. He's obviously older than he was at the end of SM3 and has had the most time to develop his natural powers. Tom has much more time to grow and his trilogy is basically his origin story.

Yolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yolt
krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

They give him some trouble but once Cull tags either it's pretty much game over.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@waking_dreamer:

Either of team 1 solo.

Lizard beating Cull solo ? I don't think so.

Maybe in a brawl but Cull could deal with Connor quite easily with his weapon in hand.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator
@rebake said:

No I disagree with almost all of this.

Tobeys better position counts for a lot, think about being in a gym, pushing down on something (like cable pull downs) or lifting something up (like a cling n press) .. there is a extreme difference because pushing down you can’t engage your legs like that.. plus Tobey started to rise up and Tom pressed him down from the worse position.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This isn’t a perfect example but I think it shows what I’m trying to say, more muscle groups engaged when you push up on something compared to pushing down.. I might make a drawing of the spiders exact positions and highlight the muscle groups engaged.

Tobey was clearly struggling, he didn’t just have a completely level face, so I don’t know what that’s about, clear struggle in his expression.

I don’t think Tobey is stronger at all, if anything I’d give the edge to Tom do to worse position, but I think the intent of the scene is near equals.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty obvious they'd lose to IW Ironman they haven't got a better shot against someone that beat him.

Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

No I disagree with almost all of this.

Tobeys better position counts for a lot, think about being in a gym, pushing down on something (like cable pull downs) or lifting something up (like a cling n press) .. there is a extreme difference because pushing down you can’t engage your legs like that.. plus Tobey started to rise up and Tom pressed him down from the worse position.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This isn’t a perfect example but I think it shows what I’m trying to say, more muscle groups engaged when you push up on something compared to pushing down.. I might make a drawing of the spiders exact positions and highlight the muscle groups engaged.

Tobey was clearly struggling, he didn’t just have a completely level face, so I don’t know what that’s about, clear struggle in his expression.

I don’t think Tobey is stronger at all, if anything I’d give the edge to Tom do to worse position, but I think the intent of the scene is near equals.

Tom was bloodlusted and Tobey succesfully stopped him. Your comparisson is not exactly right because Tom had momentum. Anyway, considering how they all did against Lizard, I'd say that they are equals.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 death4bunnies  Moderator
Power_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull wrecks and you’re capping hard if you think fkin Lizard is doing anything at all to him.

DDog101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull stomps

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake:I agree, Toby was noticably stronger than Tom, that should be obvious

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

TheQuatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krisbishop: Game over for who? Lizard completely regrew his limbs in 2 seconds flat so I don't know who is getting game over. Cull got his arm cut off and didn't regenerate at all

TheQuatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinglouie: Agreed but since it happened consistently ever time they fought, it's Canon. Lizard dominates Cull

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

I think tanking this giant crane falling on him shows that Lizard can take a hammer slam(even without the clear cut Spider-Man > Cull scaling)… look at that crane gif close, Lizard is moving immediately after that giant crash..

No Caption Provided

…and ofc there is this insane full limb regeneration, that on top of Lizards proven blunt durability shows he’s a force in this battle even without scaling.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers