Green Arrow (Arrowverse) vs Black Widow (MCU)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Widow’s main advantage is that she’s a MCU character with better/more consistent choreography. That’s not enough. She’ll put up a solid fight, but she’s not winning anything consistently. Gear helps but Ollie’s got good gear too

The_Magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@arcus1 said:

Widow’s main advantage is that she’s a MCU character with better/more consistent choreography. That’s not enough. She’ll put up a solid fight, but she’s not winning anything consistently. Gear helps but Ollie’s got good gear too

Sticking with this?

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow should stomp.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

Sticking with this?

Yeah, it's a solid fight, but one I see Widow losing more often than not

The_Magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By The_Magister

@arcus1: What strengths does each fighter bring to the table, on paper or otherwise?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister:

So are you just bumping every old fight you can dig up now?

Ollie's got the stat advantage, don't see any way around that. The only place I could maybe see Widow having an advantage would be agility, and even then I don't think she does

Training wise, Nat's training was longer and she had a better program, but Ollie's intended to be a very rapid learner who's surpassed people with longer training before. On-paper, that's the only advantage I could see Nat having, but when you bring in feats, it doesn't hold up.

In a ranged battle, Ollie's got better reflexes, stealth, and accuracy. In close quarters, Ollie's got strength and durability, and at least comparable skill. Widow's bite could prove problematic, it's an unorthodox weapon he might not see coming, But that's not enough for me to count on Nat winning

The_Magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I just like seeing your opinions. There's a fair amount I agree and disagree with, and it's always interesting to see your take on things. Don't flatter yourself though, you're no KingofLatveria.

Fair breakdown, though I'd personally give Nat the nod in unarmed skill. Though I'm evaluating Oliver's feats now, I'm still deciding the extent to which his bow plays a role.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I just like seeing your opinions. There's a fair amount I agree and disagree with, and it's always interesting to see your take on things. Don't flatter yourself though, you're no KingofLatveria.

Fair breakdown, though I'd personally give Nat the nod in unarmed skill. Though I'm evaluating Oliver's feats now, I'm still deciding the extent to which his bow plays a role.

In pure unarmed technique, I could see Nat having an edge (considering the completely different universes, choreography styles, and disparity in number of appearances, it's not exactly conclusive one way or the other). Even then, I don't see any edge Nat might have as being enough to circumvent Ollie's physical advantage (unless you think Nat has a physical edge in some areas?)

The_Magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@the_magister said:

In pure unarmed technique, I could see Nat having an edge (considering the completely different universes, choreography styles, and disparity in number of appearances, it's not exactly conclusive one way or the other). Even then, I don't see any edge Nat might have as being enough to circumvent Ollie's physical advantage (unless you think Nat has a physical edge in some areas?)

Don't think I can confidently argue for Nat having a physical edge in any area other than agility and combat speed (though the latter mainly is a product of her superior choreography for me, so that's not definite either). Also, Oliver is a stats beast. He's almost the definition of a male peak human in physicals.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@the_magister said:

Don't think I can confidently argue for Nat having a physical edge in any area other than agility and combat speed (though the latter mainly is a product of her superior choreography for me, so that's not definite either). Also, Oliver is a stats beast. He's almost the definition of a male peak human in physicals.

Yeah, she's got better choreography overall, so she's gonna seem faster in that regard

He's definitely gotten some of the best physical feats for these live action peak humans

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow destroys. Tanked hits from mirakuru soilders. Better at fighting, stronger and has a good weapon.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW ollie i hope it would be a embarrasement with all of his feats to lose to her

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver take this. But natasha is getting underrated

Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@anthp2000 said:

@subline: Hand to hand, standard gear, stealth mode.... Arrow's better when it comes to a straight up mid-long range fight.

I'm genuinely curious as to why you think she wins in these scenarios.

As far as I'm concerned Oliver is stronger, hits harder, is more durable, faster and a more skilled combatant. All Nat has is agility.

As for Standard Gear what distance are we talking?

And what stealth feats does Nat even have? I don't remember any stealth or detection feats from her honestly.

KoLKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 KoLKent  Online

Mr. Queen, and I don't really expect this to change after Nat's solo movie given they are going for more grounded fight scenes which usually means better choreography and action but a significant downgrade in feats

The fight is gear oriented so this could be closer but I'll lean towards Ollie on account of the versatility of his arsenal and he's a much better shot, with a 300 feet starting distance it's very unlikely this'll turn into a h2h encounter

Zezima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's close but I'd go with Oliver.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What idiot made this thread

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:
@anthp2000 said:

@subline: Hand to hand, standard gear, stealth mode.... Arrow's better when it comes to a straight up mid-long range fight.

As far as I'm concerned Oliver is stronger, hits harder, is more durable, faster and a more skilled combatant. All Nat has is agility.

And what stealth feats does Nat even have? I don't remember any stealth or detection feats from her honestly.

I don't see how he's supposedly faster or a better fighter. I think it's debatable wether or not he can replicate Hawkeye's melee fight with Black Panther, which lasted over 40 seconds. Widow physically and mentally hintered, holding back and unarmed, disarmed Clint of both his bow and knife and beat him in a couple of minutes. The Russo brothers - who wrote the fight with Panther - even reference this fight from A1 in an interview to state Natasha is a superior combatant. So, unless you think Oliver can significantly outperform someone who outmaneuvered a bullet timer, covered in vibranium head to toe, who can match Super Soldiers in strength and has claws that casually can slice down his weapon and actually hold his own against that, I have no reason to believe he's as good as Widow, let alone better.

I'll give you strength and durability - it's a very noticable gap. But at the same time, Natasha's more than skilled enough in grappling, submission holds and takedowns that it should be a good way to overcome him. The way she outgrappled Clint at the end of their fight in A1, spinning her entire body on his arm and regaining leverage, parrying Proxima Midnight's sword while simultaneously landing a hit with her other baton on her elbow to disarm her, the way she was using takedowns to ground Ultron Sentries to gun them down in CQ, slowly choking out Bucky while attacking him with elbows right to the skull - all these opponents besides Clint are above Oliver's weight class, and even Clint is at least comparable in terms of grappling. Natasha gets ahold of Oliver even without weapons, she can do some serious damage. With any kind of melee weapon, like her Bite or staff with which she can bleed and drop Outriders and Ultron Sentries, or even with a traditional knife, a garrote or a glock, it'd be an overkill.

Certainly not 300 feet. Something reasonable like about 50 ft. or lower is the standard distance I have in mind when ranking characters of any tier, esspecially versatile street levels like Oliver and Natasha. The only way she has a chance at 300 ft. is if she has a sniper herself or if they go stealth mode.

As far as stealth goes, the way I see it, Natasha has sneaked up on Loki, appearing out of nowhere behind him, with Loki being unaware of her till she positioned herself right in front of his cell. Loki is not only THE trickster, he can also catch arrows without looking - which is pretty much Oliver's best showings of awareness. Meanwhile, Natasha's student in espionage (as stated by the Russo bros), Wanda, could sense Hawkeye sneaking into the Avengers HQ from a room away with her back turned. And Hawkeye can do this, ninja-esque stealth (which reminds me, Natasha's also stated to be able to hide in plain sight) that stimulates teleportation to shoot down 2 targets from 2 different directions and 2 different floor levels. I don't remember Oliver preventing anyone as good as Hawkeye from sneaking up on him like Wanda did, imagine how good the lady who trained her on that would be. Tldr; Widow's trainee has detected someone with stealth comparable to Oliver, and she herself has sneaked up on someone with the same level of detection/awareness skills. Ergo, she's better.

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow stomps. You’d have to really wank nat to say this is a fight. Hence ^

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie's taken Ra's Al Ghul, Damien Darkh, Deathstroke, freaking Vandal Savage, multiple teams of superheroes and somehow landed the first hit in a fight against the Flash.......

At this stage he could take on Hawkeye AND Widow simultaneously and win, nevermind just Widow

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When webin say Oliver stomps and you don't, you need to have a cold hard look at yourself.

As the others said, Ollie could take on both Nat and Clint at this point. From range or in cqc. Nat's simply out of her depth here.

tanhausergate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver wins

not much to argue about here

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ourmanuel  Online

As far as stealth goes, the way I see it, Natasha has sneaked up on Loki, appearing out of nowhere behind him, with Loki being unaware of her till she positioned herself right in front of his cell. Loki is not only THE trickster, he can also catch arrows without looking - which is pretty much Oliver's best showings of awareness. Meanwhile, Natasha's student in espionage (as stated by the Russo bros), Wanda, could sense Hawkeye sneaking into the Avengers HQ from a room away with her back turned. And Hawkeye can do this, ninja-esque stealth (which reminds me, Natasha's also stated to be able to hide in plain sight) that stimulates teleportation to shoot down 2 targets from 2 different directions and 2 different floor levels. I don't remember Oliver preventing anyone as good as Hawkeye from sneaking up on him like Wanda did, imagine how good the lady who trained her on that would be. Tldr; Widow's trainee has detected someone with stealth comparable to Oliver, and she herself has sneaked up on someone with the same level of detection/awareness skills. Ergo, she's better.

This HAS to be be bait

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 ourmanuel  Online

OT:the best Nat can do is seduce ollie, cuz lord knows she has nothing else that can take him down

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nat wins.she tanked a slap from the Hulk. Ollie cant hurt her

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oliver could hurt Sara and Supergirl struggled to hurt Sara. Oliver>Supergirl>Widow>Hulk

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver stomps at range, but H2H can be somewhat opinionated, though I'd back Oliver there anyway.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killahofwaaank: Beating opponents isn't the only way to gauge skill. I consider Oliver's best H2H feat to be him losing to Ra's on the plane, but the feat is so impressive because he outperformed 8 armed ninjas. Same with his feat against Brick, Stardust, and Turner - he demonstrated great skill (making them hit each other and lasting for a while) without actually winning the fight.

For the same reason, Clint's feat against Panther is very impressive, and if someone believes that lasting for 40 seconds against a moderately skilled, fast, and vastly superior in physicals opponent is better than outperforming 8 armed ninjas with poor skill (relative to the top-class named fighters), it's hard to argue against him. These feats are very different, so there is some room for opinion.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 ourmanuel  Online

@mexcomics2078 said:

Oliver could hurt Sara and Supergirl struggled to hurt Sara. Oliver>Supergirl>Widow>Hulk

lime tier scaling

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignoring Ta Er's tantrums, I find it funny that some people have the balls to say I cannot back my arguments, simply because I don't bother. But this is why I don't bother. Someone, Lime, asked for once, I gave reasoning, no response from anyone with a differing opinion. Just stuff like 'bait' and 'wank' and it goes on like that. That's why at some point you gotta stop caring about CV.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By RBT

Ignoring anthp's tantrum about no one taking him seriously, Ollie beats Nat into the ground.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By ANTHP2000

@rbt: You know I was referring to you right? It's kinda pretentious to keep trying to say I cannot back my arguments when I do, and then ignore them and talk about how I don't. Like, I know you're a bit too much of an arshole when Arrow's involved, but at least try to find a good reason to get salty over me next time is the point man. If you kept it to yourself I wouldn't mind, but you don't.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: You know I was referring to you right? It's kinda pretentious to keep trying to say I cannot back my arguments when I do, and then ignore them and talk about how I don't. Like, I know you're a bit too much of an arshole when Arrow's involved, but at least try to find a good reason to get salty over me next time is the point man.

Got you to tag me. You must be really pissed.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@anthp2000:

I don't see how he's supposedly faster or a better fighter. I think it's debatable wether or not he can replicate Hawkeye's melee fight with Black Panther, which lasted over 40 seconds. Widow physically and mentally hintered, holding back and unarmed, disarmed Clint of both his bow and knife and beat him in a couple of minutes. The Russo brothers - who wrote the fight with Panther - even reference this fight from A1 in an interview to state Natasha is a superior combatant. So, unless you think Oliver can significantly outperform someone who outmaneuvered a bullet timer, covered in vibranium head to toe, who can match Super Soldiers in strength and has claws that casually can slice down his weapon and actually hold his own against that, I have no reason to believe he's as good as Widow, let alone better.

I don't see why Oliver can't replicate the BP feat, when he's considerably more skilled.

For the duration of the part where he uses his Bow against Nat in the 2012 fight, he lands 3 hits, so does Nat, they were pretty evenly matched. As for the fight in Civil War, it also portrays them pretty equally, Clint even at one point flips Nat onto her back and has an advantageous position.

This doesn't put Nat on Oliver's skill level, Oliver has scaling from even before his LoA training that puts him above Nyssa al Ghul, such as him beating her in Season 2, out performing her in Season 3, defeating China White who beat an opponent that was equal to Nyssa (Tatsu).

Keep in mind this was all before his LoA training, after his LoA training he was able to stomp the likes of Malcolm Merlyn and Ben Turner who he was practically equal to before his training.

So he's vastly more skilled than Nat, no matter which way you turn it, and yes I do believe he can last against Black Panther, sure he has the stats advantage and the claws but Oliver has a vast skill advantage that has allowed him to get the better of vastly physically superior opponents such as Mirakuru Roy Harper (pre training).

But at the same time, Natasha's more than skilled enough in grappling, submission holds and takedowns that it should be a good way to overcome him. The way she outgrappled Clint at the end of their fight in A1, spinning her entire body on his arm and regaining leverage,

Why is out-grappling Clint impressive? Oliver has outgrappled opponents such as Stardust, Nyssa al Ghul, Ricardo Diaz, and his great strength gap will only make it more one sided if she does decide to grapple.

parrying Proxima Midnight's sword while simultaneously landing a hit with her other baton on her elbow to disarm her

1. Proxima is practically skilless without scaling from Nat and Cap, which would be circular.
  2. Nat lasts 9 seconds against Proxima, and all Proxima has to do is spam punches, yet Nat can't even deal with this. Oliver was able to parry and out-maneuver a Mirakuru Amped Roy, which is way better than Nat's feat.

slowly choking out Bucky while attacking him with elbows right to the skull

Another horrible feat which you somehow find impressive.

1. Bucky was literally hit with a sonic blast from Stark seconds before this.
  2. Nat jumps on his head and starts elbowing like a mindless monkey.
  3. She gets slammed down by Buck in seconds and fodderized, had no one intervened she would have been choked to death right there.
  4. She clearly doesn't have a clue how to deal with amped opponents, whereas Oliver does, as we've seen with his showings against Roy and Stardust.

Certainly not 300 feet. Something reasonable like about 50 ft. or lower is the standard distance I have in mind when ranking characters of any tier, esspecially versatile street levels like Oliver and Natasha. The only way she has a chance at 300 ft. is if she has a sniper herself or if they go stealth mode.

As far as stealth goes, the way I see it, Natasha has sneaked up on Loki, appearing out of nowhere behind him, with Loki being unaware of her till she positioned herself right in front of his cell. Loki is not only THE trickster, he can also catch arrows without looking - which is pretty much Oliver's best showings of awareness.

Ultimately though, Loki noticed her and was facing the other way, and catching an arrow is not Ollie's best, Ollie detected Deathstroke standing over 100 feet behind him, he even heard a gun being loaded from 60 or so feet away while in a room and mid conversation. Nat is not sneaking up on him.

Meanwhile, Natasha's student in espionage (as stated by the Russo bros), Wanda, could sense Hawkeye sneaking into the Avengers HQ from a room away with her back turned. And Hawkeye can do this, ninja-esque stealth (which reminds me,

Why is sniping random fodder from afar a good stealth feat....

Natasha's also stated to be able to hide in plain sight) that stimulates teleportation

And Deathstroke has literally done this, yet Oliver noticed him from behind from over 100 feet away.

H2H: Ollie has every advantage their is literally apart from agility which is of minimum use, she gets fodderized.

Standard Gear: Ollie shoots her, his draw speed is miles better and he can certainly hit 50 foot / 15 meter shots with ease.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By ANTHP2000

@subline:

Um, no. Clint landed 1 elbow in the very beginning of the fight when Natasha tried to sneak up on him and that's it (unless you count him pulling her hair). He couldn't touch her besides that, and she landed 2 clean kicks, a punch, 2 disarms and an arm twist, all before slamming him against the railing to put him down. And that's her unarmed, holding back and fatigued from an encounter with the Hulk against a fresh, bloodlusted Clint. And brining up their friendly spar in CW doesn't help when the Russos themselves even give credibility to their first fight - which was an actual fight - and describe her as the superior fighter based on it.

Practically none of the people you mentioned, including Merlyn and China White - the best ones you brought up, have done anything to suggest they can fight Black Panther for over 40 seconds hand to hand. That man is head to toe vibranium Super Soldier who's actually a highily trained MA and very agile, armed with claws that are evidently far above Clint's own weapon. Clint literally had no advantages besides his raw fighting skill and he still managed to hold him off and put him on a headlock. You gotta tell me why Oliver or any of the people you mentioned are so far above that that they're better than Widow. Malcolm himself did terribly against a random Mirakuru enhanced thug in comparison.

Are you trying to compare Proxima Midnight or the Winter Soldier to Brick and Stardust.... who are literally sub Ultron bot tier? I showed you effective grappling and use of leverage, positioning, techniques and takedowns against metas on this level that suggest she can drop Oliver, without the need to be a physical peer to him. As for you 'description' of these two fights... I won't even bother with that one, it's both straight ignoring context/mindsets and showing how much you (don't) know about MMA and comic book fighting.

You're having a flawed perception of 'sneaking up' on someone. Oliver only detected something was going on behind him after Slade disappeared. Loki noticed her only after she placed herself in front of the cell where she wanted to be. Natasha has also detected guns loaded and fired from behind her, granted not from this distance because she never had to. As for Clint's feat, I told you why it's impressive. He went from sniping an agent from one side of the field to the opposite side and on a different level of the building in a matter of 2 seconds. You know that ninja-esque thing they do?

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nat stomps

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Da_YounggBucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: how long have you been here. Do these morons ever explain themselves? And the rare Times that they do do they ever make sense. Just let him get out his daily dose of mcu stomps so he can go away

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 ourmanuel  Online

Anthp might actually be arfing insane lol

Da_YounggBucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus christ anthp posts gives me aids. His wank has become worst than magisters and that's saying something.

Hawkeye survived against black panther for 40 seconds... He didn't land a single blow NO ONE IN CW CAN Do THAT... And Natasha beat him so shes like super duper awesome

So sara didn't fight the pilgrim, someone who stops time, reacts to laser weapons, atom blasters, firestorm and had bullets bounce off her tank literally every weapon used on her... Sara didn't fight minotaur, bullet timing beast who over powered Citizen steel. And Oliver fought her diggle and thea at the same time.

Malcolm didn't kill mirakuru, people who go blur speed, outrun cars, react to arrows and punch through reinforced titanium that tanks bombs that blow up reinforced steel.

nyssa didn't own mirakuru roy in h2h only, Malcolm didn't fight citizen steel and vixen in the same night...

How'd they do against Oliver queen?

arrow didn't own atom,someone's who suit is mkre durable than vibranium

This guys a god damn joke. I don't know why people are even wasting time with this clown. All this moron does is wank and lowball. Responding to him makes him only makes him think his post are valid. And they aren't. They're the rantings of a complete moron.

Brick tanked getting shot in the head Ultronbots can't. Stardust has the fighting skill to take down wild dog ultron bots couldn't even beat featless nick fury.

Oliver queen lasted 10 minutes against supergirl and the flash... But hey let's suck off Clint cus he grappled black panther.... Offscreen when onscreen black panther didn't even attack just Dodged. This dude is a joke.