Wolf is faster, He could reasonably out speed the big lizard

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Komodo Dragon. Wolf doesn't have an answer to the KD's bite which is venomous. Canines just aren't built to take on these kind of Reptilians which that set of tools.

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Komodo dragon wins.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolf. That lizard is slow as hell and is extremely unlikely to ever land a bite. You guys ever watch a dog play with a snake? Start at the tail and just keep chipping away until it exhausts itself.

The environment is an advantage for the komodo, but not big enough.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wabubub said:

Wolf. That lizard is slow as hell and is extremely unlikely to ever land a bite. You guys ever watch a dog play with a snake? Start at the tail and just keep chipping away until it exhausts itself.

The environment is an advantage for the komodo, but not big enough.

Exactly, What i said

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaLastUchihaMan

Komodo dragon stomps. Its funny how everyone always thinks speed is the main factor when its not. Cheetah's are the fastest l;and animals but does that mean its going to beat something tanky like a Hyena? Hell no! Wolf aint doing shit to the Komodo and all the Komodo needs in one bite to end it.

Avatar image for sagathegoldsage
SagaTheGoldSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo dragon. If the wolf plans to run away then yeah sure, but this is a fight to the death. Wolf has no choice but to fight back and trust me, last thing it wants to do is get into a head to head tussle with a Komodo

Avatar image for demonicravegirl
DemonicRaveGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people acting like the Komodo is just going to be sitting around and letting the Wolf use it's speed and quick strikes to pick it off? Komodo Dragons are aggressive and literally always on the attack. The Wolf is just going to be running away from it with is tail tucked between its legs. Komodo wins as SAR said, via it's venom bite.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The venom will kill the wolf, but not nearly fast enough to save the Komodo dragon's life.

Avatar image for iimpy_alpha_god
Iimpy_Alpha_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo. Wolfaboos will never learn

Avatar image for xantimobiusgodx
xAntiMobiusGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo Dragon starts eating the Wolf before it realizes it.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Since we're dealing with RL animals I'd argue this could conceivably go either way. That said, I think the KD probably takes a majority, since all it needs to do is land a single poisonous bite, whereas the wolf would need to keep at the lizard for a while to put it down.

Avatar image for uxasgodoflordsz
UxasGodOfLordsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Komodo dragon rather easily. Wolf may have thick fur but it's skin isn't very tough unlike the Komodo's

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya'll fudger mudgers need to watch some nature documentaries and read. I don't see how this is even close to a debate. Yes, komodos are WAY cooler. They're still really shitty predators. Wolf wins the same way dogs have been hunting bigger and better prey for centuries. Pursue, nip, and wait.

And yes. Speed is the most important thing in nature next to stealth. Do you think golden eagles have the might to fight off the things they do? No. They're hella fast and those talons are hella sharp. Animals aren't made out of steel. You can nip at them slowly to win if you need to. Every scratch matters. Animals know this and understand risk.

Luzifer_Ztari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonicravegirl: @xantimobiusgodx: @uxasgodoflordsz: @dalastuchihaman: @night-wing-zai: @sar_annihilator:

Man you guys are 100% wrong here.

Please explain how I am fully wrong in this matter? The Komodo Dragon has a bite that contains secreted different toxic proteins and saliva that causes hypotension, and as far as this notion goes, no subspecies of Wolves or any of the Canine family have been found being immune to this problem. Add all of this together and the Wolf is going to bleed out and feeling woozy throughout the fight giving the KD a huge opportunity.

The Wolf absolutely stomps this fight.

Highly unlikely.

First off, the Komodo dragon is slow AF! It wont ever land a bite and will be outmaneuvered.

Wolves are extremely agile and take extreme measures to avoid any fatal attack but dont forget that KD's are Monitor Lizards. They aren't defenseless stand-by carnivores who are just going to let another carnivore get the jump or sneak up on behind him. Trying to plan an attack form the back would just lead the Komodo to use its tail whip which in some recordings have been strong enough to do some highly amount of damage on a Man's rib. (Unfortunately I cant find them anymore)

https://youtu.be/RKWjdqKvMiI?list=LL

While they might not be as fast as the next Mammal, they still are pretty quick, and enough to pressure the Wolf to retreat from action letting the Komodo land a bite on it since they are full on attackers once they decide to make the move, again not willing to ask questions later. Wolves as we know, fighting something very aggressive is going to make it rethink and fall back. this is actually going to be an inability for it since it wont be landing those deadly bites it can use.

https://youtu.be/O16-IrBIscI

https://youtu.be/GZRT5EmcCDQ

Secondly, the Wolf takes on tougher prey than a Komodo Dragon. Seriously, this isnt even a match.

Dont get sidetracked here, this is a 1v1, not a pack were he and his group are going to be making coordinations to take one something like a Grizzly or Black Bear. Which animal out there were the Gray wolf inhabits' in is tougher prey? It is has happened but its extremely rare for a lone Wolf to take down an Elk, Moose, or Buffalo. Better yet, do any of those tougher "prey" have the same distinguished futures and characteristics as the Komodo Dragon does? Because if they can then i'd be pleased if you show me an animal were the Gray Wolves inherit that is even remotely close to the KD in terms of what its packing and its type of behavior.

Avatar image for galanxg_6stunix
GalanxG_6Stunix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know much about Komodo dragons or arent that into them but know enough that a Wolf aint beating it. Komodo Dragons have really tough scalp. A Wolf wound need to waste every moment it has just to even try to make a dent or get anywhere on the lizard while all the Komodo needs is one bite and the Wolf is done. Komodo has a nice lucn hafterwards.

HACkhaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be honest here. It would take a rabid wolf to fight a KD. I love them both. Both are my favorite animals. But the wolf is smart, after seeing the dragon it may tuck and run because it knows its already at a disadvantage. KD is aggressive. All it has to do is start running at the wolf. One bite and the wolf will die. But, if you take a rabid wolf. One that doesn't care for life anymore. Now that's a fair fight. Both will likely die in the end. Wolves know how to take their time and take their prey. But KD only needs one bite. I say the dragon bites the wolf a few times because the thick fur. Maybe he didn't get through it the first time. But all in all, the KD bites the wolf. Wolf dies. But not before the wolf bites into the head of the KD or lays another deadly blow on them.

Dramus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo dragon low to mid diff.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolf dies, this is a mismatch.

Octavius220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo Dragon because I am biased. Also they have powerful claws and with one bite any animal is gone because of the bacteria within.

malieke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By malieke

Komodo Dragon

2 wolves would definitely kill 1 though.

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo Dragon wins or ties, there's no scenario where the wolf comes out of it alive. He'll die either quickly or shortly

So Tie or Komodo victory.

Avatar image for multifandomboyo
MultifandomBoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Komodo Dragon is too voracious