• 63 results
TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Round 1: h2h combat

Round 2: Standard gear. Bruce in his bat suit and ward gets a handgun with a full mag. Starting distance 40 m in abandoned warehouse.

Round 3: Standard gear as in nr 2. But Grant Ward gets Melinda May and Bruce gets Catwoman.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bat stomps 1&2

3 is debatable as Catwoman is useless here.

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nfactor1995
  1. Ward
  2. Batman could take it via stealth, but if it comes down to H2H again then Ward probably takes it
  3. Team MCU
KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Truthfully, Ward takes rounds 1 and 3 since he's more skilled in H2H and May is a beast if he uses her...Nolan Bats can't always rely on backhand fists to win fights.

Round 2, however, should go to Bats since the armor could give him a advantage.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward stomps all rounds

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Ward, Wayne, May

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ward dominates all rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward might have what it takes to win this, but he is not stomping anybody ...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce takes R1 and 2. Looses 3. Selina is useless and would get stomped by May.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rbt said:

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward wins all rounds.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way in hell Batman is winning the standard gear round...

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward stomps

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way in hell Batman is winning the standard gear round...

Even Alfred commented on Bane's speed and ferocity.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Justiciar

Grant wins the first 2 handily, and I have no idea how Catwoman and May are remotely comparable. May would annihilate her.

Rolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward dominates Bruce.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AngelJax  Online

Ward all rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bruce for the first two, Ward for the final round in a stomp.

Both Ward and Bruce are comparable in strength, durability and Ward has a slight reflex advantage but let's analyse the skill gap Bruce has over Ward. It's not huge but it's enough to give him the win.

Let's compare the difference between these two, high end fodder feats

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

First let me establish that these are both high tier fodder. Both are part of organizations that specialize in combat and are probably roughly around equal as fodder, both are high tier at least. The difference here though is how they are dealt with.

Ward starts gunning them down until it turns to close quarters which is where things get bad for Ward. At first he disables them relatively easily, only getting tagged once or twice before putting each of them onto the ground, but then they start to act as a unit and bring Ward down, overwhelming him. Ward only wins due to a knife. All of these guys are completely unarmed.

The armed league ninjas attack as a unit against Bruce from the very beginning and he puts all of them down with mid level difficulty.

Ward needed specific circumstances to win this fight [The knife] and struggled, winning with high level difficulty. Ward may have had to deal with more fodder than Bruce but whilst both were high tier, the agents were unarmed, the ninjas weren't. Whilst Ward struggled majorly [High difficulty] and needed circumstance against unarmed high tier fodder, Bruce defeated high tier, armed fodder without the need for circumstance and with mid level difficulty.

Conclusion: Bruce is more skilled. I consider their strength/durability to be relatively even as stated above and though Ward has a speed edge it won't be enough.

@the_magister

Am I missing something here. You're the Ward expert on CV so I thought I'd ask if I'm missing anything in regards to my analysis of these two fights.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jayskee

Ward all 3 rounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Bruce is more skilled than Ward though [See my above post]

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Justiciar

@riddlerfan77: I think it's a really precise way of looking at things. Of course I'm gonna disagree on skill, and I could make a solid argument for Ward in that department, but I'm gonna let others do that. I think I've said my piece on this matter.

But honestly, top tier debating. Elevating a character that's so looked down upon like Nolan Batman is no easy task, and you're representing him well.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I’ve seen of Ward I don’t see him beating Bruce. Could be wrong though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: I think it's a really precise way of looking at things. Of course I'm gonna disagree on skill, and I could make a solid argument for Ward in that department, but I'm gonna let others do that. I think I've said my piece on this matter.

Ok.

But honestly, top tier debating. Elevating a character that's so looked down upon like Nolan Batman is no easy task, and you're representing him well.

Thanks

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Justiciar

@riddlerfan77: How do you think Nolan Bruce would fare against MCU Widow, or CW Oliver?

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward completely bodies Bruce

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Justiciar

@yeimsick: What's your case? Can you counter riddlerfan's argument? (it's ok if you don't want to reply, I just thought I'd get your perspective)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: How do you think Nolan Bruce would fare against MCU Widow, or CW Oliver?

I think he can take Natasha in a tough fight but loses to CW Ollie [It's close though] mainly due to Ollie having 6 season's worth of feats and Bruce only having 3 movies worth of feats.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

Batman is really good but it's Wards fight to lose.

I might just be tired as hell right now, but who does that mean you're backing?

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

Bruce in the 1st 2 rounds and Ward in the 3rd.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Batman

gets stomped every round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

No he does not. See my above argument for full detail.

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward solos all 3 rounds easily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThanosPimphand

@thanospimphand said:

Reasons

vastly more skilled, faster, and has faced super humans to stalemate

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000 said:

Batman

I saw it, and it starts with the flawed baseline that any fodder in the Nolan Trilogy are as good as SHIELD agents. These same people were throwing around Ward once they landed hits on him, they were executing perfect spin-kicks and wore full body protection head to toe.

Ward has gone toe to toe with May on multiple occasions, here's what May can do;

• faught a trained telepath, as in a precognitive master, and land clean hits, counter him and disarm him with her whole body wrecked
  • parried blows from, landed clean hits on and lasted a good while against a multitonner with an advanced form of the Super Soldier serum
  • stomped 2 high level fodder-wreckers - worth at least 5 lower level SHIELD agents each (by scaling)
  • faught a skilled superhuman Kree Warrior (who cannot be put down by someone as strong as Daisy and can casually send people flying) and held her own fresh from a leg injury that shouldn't allow her to stand

If Ward can keep this person on her toes, what makes you think he cannot stomp someone inferior in every single way?

There's also the flawed baseline that Bruce even compares to Ward in stats; IIRC Ward took 3 gunshots and was standing still ready to fight afterwards. He straight up ragdolled May at one point in their fight, and May has outperformed Bruce in strength comparing their best feats, as she has straight up shattered concrete unarmed (far more notably than Bruce has, and that's Bruce's best strength feat by far).

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Ward, without the Batsuit Batman has neither the physicals or the skill to contend with Ward
  2. Batman, having his gear and his Batsuit gives him the edge, but I can still see Ward winning by shooting him in the face.
  3. Ward, May stomps Selina in like 3 seconds and then helps Ward.
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Bruce likely loses R1. He doesn't have many durability feats out of his suits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Batman

I saw it, and it starts with the flawed baseline that any fodder in the Nolan Trilogy are as good as SHIELD agents. These same people were throwing around Ward once they landed hits on him, they were executing perfect spin-kicks and wore full body protection head to toe.

Based off accolades, yes they are as skilled as the shield agents. Neither have significant feats, just statements. Both are high tier fodder well above regular street thugs. The problem with the start of your argument is that it starts with assuming that shield agents must be more skilled because they come from the MCU, the ninjas come from the Nolanverse. The ninjas too were wearing protection from head to toe but unlike the shield agents, were armed with weapons suitable for close range killing yet Bruce still took them down in CQC.

Ward has gone toe to toe with May on multiple occasions, here's what May can do;

Didn't he lose all of those fights.

Here's what Bruce can do.

• faught a trained telepath, as in a precognitive master, and land clean hits, counter him and disarm him with her whole body wrecked
  • Did she win though because holding your own against somebody is very different from beating them. In any case Bruce beat Bane someone with high amounts of skill and someone strong enough to dent concrete with his bare hands.
  • parried blows from, landed clean hits on and lasted a good while against a multitonner with an advanced form of the Super Soldier serum
  • Matched the grip of a low level superhuman who can shatter concrete with his bare hands.
  • stomped 2 high level fodder-wreckers - worth at least 5 lower level SHIELD agents each (by scaling)
  • Beat somebody who effortlessly stomped a high tier fodder wrecker.
  • faught a skilled superhuman Kree Warrior (who cannot be put down by someone as strong as Daisy and can casually send people flying) and held her own fresh from a leg injury that shouldn't allow her to stand
  • Denting concrete>sending someone flying. Skill feats for this guy.

If Ward can keep this person on her toes, what makes you think he cannot stomp someone inferior in every single way?

The idea that Bruce is Ward's inferior in every single way is laughable.

There's also the flawed baseline that Bruce even compares to Ward in stats; IIRC Ward took 3 gunshots and was standing still ready to fight afterwards.

Bruce has tanked gunshots and still managed to run a great distance.

He straight up ragdolled May at one point in their fight, and May has outperformed Bruce in strength comparing their best feats, as she has straight up shattered concrete unarmed (far more notably than Bruce has, and that's Bruce's best strength feat by far).

Bruce matched the grip of a concrete cracking Bane, shattered brick with a kick, knocked out armoured swat officers with single hits, tanked a barrage of pillar cracking punches, shrugged off a fall from a skyscraper ect.

Shall I go on.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@riddlerfan77:

Based off accolades, yes they are as skilled as the shield agents. Neither have significant feats, just statements. Both are high tier fodder well above regular street thugs. The problem with the start of your argument is that it starts with assuming that shield agents must be more skilled because they come from the MCU, the ninjas come from the Nolanverse. The ninjas too were wearing protection from head to toe but unlike the shield agents, were armed with weapons suitable for close range killing yet Bruce still took them down in CQC.

No, there's no such problem with my argument - that's the problem with your argument. Show me the ninjas executing spin kicks like the ones the agents were performing, show me them wearing military helmets and kelvar suits, show me them ragdolling grown men. Looking at individual feats, Ward is better, and that's a better way than just comparing their fodder-wrecking feats with blind assumptions.

What does it matter? He gave May much better fights than Bruce would ever be able to.

Did she win though because holding your own against somebody is very different from beating them. In any case Bruce beat Bane someone with high amounts of skill and someone strong enough to dent concrete with his bare hands.

She didn't win, again what does it matter? Bruce wouldn't perform anywhere near as efficiently. Bane barely even qualifies as a superhuman, if at all, you're comparing a guy with decent skill and decent strength to a master of precognition who can litteraly read your mind and counter every single thing you do, armed with blades.

Matched the grip of a low level superhuman who can shatter concrete with his bare hands.

Bane is 10 times weaker than Centipede Soldiers, and he likely isn't as skilled either - that's who May parried hits from. May herself can shatter concrete more efficiently, so Bane's output is not particularly impressive by AoS standards. Ward straight up overpowered her.

Beat somebody who effortlessly stomped a high tier fodder wrecker.

You're going to have to be more specific here.

Denting concrete>sending someone flying. Skill feats for this guy.

Bane cannot do that. He doesn't send people flying by hitting them. Sinara, who May faught, is much better than the random Kree who can pull this off, and she's described as Kassius' best fighter.

worthy counterarguent: The idea that he isn't is laughable.

Like when Two-Face shot him out of a window through his suit? Because that's not tanking, Ward took 3 gunshots, was still standing and faught a trained combatant afterwards.

Bruce matched the grip of a concrete cracking Bane, shattered brick with a kick, knocked out armoured swat officers with single hits,

May has replicated all that, possibly on a higher level too, and Ward can downright overpower her.

tanked a barrage of pillar cracking punches,

and Ward tanked gunshots straight up.

shrugged off a fall from a skyscraper ect.

Bruce never fell off anything that qualifies as a skyscraper.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Yeah, Bruce likely loses R1. He doesn't have many durability feats out of his suits.

No selling explosions.

@riddlerfan77 said:
@thanospimphand said:

Reasons

Bruce beat what was essentially a low level superhuman in hand to hand. I literally just dismissed the idea that he's more skilled in my above post.

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

No selling explosions.

@thanospimphand said:
@riddlerfan77 said:
@thanospimphand said:

Reasons

Bruce beat what was essentially a low level superhuman in hand to hand. I literally just dismissed the idea that he's more skilled in my above post.

nolan bruce seemed like peak human at best to me with the suit on. without suit, possibly very tip-top MMA fighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77:

No, there's no such problem with my argument - that's the problem with your argument. Show me the ninjas executing spin kicks like the ones the agents were performing, show me them wearing military helmets and kelvar suits, show me them ragdolling grown men. Looking at individual feats, Ward is better, and that's a better way than just comparing their fodder-wrecking feats with blind assumptions.

It's very clear to me that they are wearing body armour. Ninjas have snapped the necks of grown men with absolutely no strain whatsoever and are part of a highly skilled criminal organization that specializes in combat. It's not blind assumptions to say that to high tier fodder with decent feats/accolades are comparable. Based off scaling as well the ninjas are above multiple thugs.

What does it matter? He gave May much better fights than Bruce would ever be able to.

An assumption.

Did she win though because holding your own against somebody is very different from beating them. In any case Bruce beat Bane someone with high amounts of skill and someone strong enough to dent concrete with his bare hands.

She didn't win, again what does it matter? Bruce wouldn't perform anywhere near as efficiently. Bane barely even qualifies as a superhuman, if at all, you're comparing a guy with decent skill and decent strength to a master of precognition who can litteraly read your mind and counter every single thing you do, armed with blades.

Master of precognition hardly makes you infallible and I've yet to see feats for this guy beyond beating a wrecked May. Bane has skill, speed and strength comparable to that of someone like Bruce, even being superior in strength by a considerable margin.

Matched the grip of a low level superhuman who can shatter concrete with his bare hands.

Bane is 10 times weaker than Centipede Soldiers, and he likely isn't as skilled either - that's who May parried hits from. May herself can shatter concrete more efficiently, so Bane's output is not particularly impressive by AoS standards. Ward straight up overpowered her.

Big difference between simply blocking hits and actually matching their strength. Also the centipede soldier gif won't load so what exactly happens. As for May, Putting a large dent in a thick concrete pillar>breaking a thin concrete slab.

Beat somebody who effortlessly stomped a high tier fodder wrecker.

You're going to have to be more specific here.

Ra's.

Denting concrete>sending someone flying. Skill feats for this guy.

Bane cannot do that. He doesn't send people flying by hitting them. Sinara, who May faught, is much better than the random Kree who can pull this off, and she's described as Kassius' best fighter.

My point is that breaking concrete with your bare hands is more impressive than simply throwing someone like a ragdoll. Also considering Bruce can lift Ra's with the use of only one arm and Bane was outmatching his strength I think it's fair to say he can ragdoll a human.

worthy counterarguent: The idea that he isn't is laughable.

I'll concede here, you've got me totally outgunned.

;]

Like when Two-Face shot him out of a window through his suit? Because that's not tanking, Ward took 3 gunshots, was still standing and faught a trained combatant afterwards.

He got up two seconds later, wasn't bleeding and ran a great distance. Yeah he did tank it.

Bruce matched the grip of a concrete cracking Bane, shattered brick with a kick, knocked out armoured swat officers with single hits,

May has replicated all that, possibly on a higher level too, and Ward can downright overpower her.

Proof.

tanked a barrage of pillar cracking punches,

and Ward tanked gunshots straight up.

So has Bruce.

shrugged off a fall from a skyscraper ect.

Bruce never fell off anything that qualifies as a skyscraper.

Really.

Vader3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
deactivated-5c917f846ef0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points