• All out
  • Coruscant Jedi Temple Library
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does Monim have feats outside his fight with Vader? I heard that fight has a lot of context.

Avatar image for thesupremebeing
thesupremebeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Even weakened Vader should be able to beat the Inquisitor with ease. Momin being an actual Sith Lord and a threat to a weakened Vader wins this.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Momin wins.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44 said:

Does Monim have feats outside his fight with Vader? I heard that fight has a lot of context.

He also defeated Lady Shaa (his Sith master) in a duel, but again, Lady Shaa is featless also.

Kurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Monin has demonstrated a level of skill exceeding that of the GI.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

GI's best chance is the force

BLastrolyx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Momin for sure! He has way more established feats to, but they seem to show he’s around the same level as less than stellar Jedi. Momin would know WAAAAY more about the force then the grand inquisitor would and likely overwhelm him though those means

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Leaning Grand Inquisitor now holding the advantage on ESB Luke in a duel should be comparable if not better than beating a heavily weakened Vader and the Grand Inquisitor has seemingly a vast knowledge of lightsaber combat. Not to mention superior force feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crclopezos: Luke won with the force but he was losing the lightsaber battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: EsB Luke is an example of Unskilled but strong, how is it that beating him in sabers is a great feat?

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crclopezos: ESB Luke was able to land a blow on Vader something very few have been able to do fairly. While Vader was holding back offensively getting through his guard is a great feat.

doyul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Momin stomps.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Momin solos the inquisition

Nicov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Momin easy, he was a powerful sith lord who kills his own master and dominates the dark side to an incredible lvl.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e65bbc85c59
deactivated-63e65bbc85c59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: No he doesn't . He would get omega stomped by all the Inquisitors together.

OT: I would say Momin, but the Grand Inquisitor shouldn't be sleep upon. Sidous himself recognized his skills and he is established above the Tenth brother a powerful Jedi Master in his own right.

Momin killed his Sith master via treachery if I recall. He attacked her with killing intent in a sparring match, I wouldn't call that a legit victory in terms of combat superiority. Vader could barely stand against Momin, he wasn't just weakened,he was exhausted, very drained. Momin was not a warrior oriented Sith, he is strong but not anything notable compared to the likes of Savage or Ventress.

In any case nobody is taking this easily or in a stomps.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warriorduty: it’s not entirely clear whether Momin and Shaa were sparring when he killed her. There’s a panel of them seemingly practicing their forms, and then Momin talks about how he saw only one way to prove to his master that he was not an apprentice, accompanied by a panel of him killing Shaa. Regardless, he likely improved in power after killing his master, as he traversed across the galaxy and gained more knowledge of the Dark Side. I’d say Momin could take this purely on his Sith Lord status, but GI is definitely slept on.

Then again, I’m a huge Momin fan, so I’m pretty biased in his favor (even though I like GI too). He’s one of my favorite Sith period, and he’s definitely one of the best additions to the new canon.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition: I'm not sure. Grand Inquisitor doesn't compare well to late Banite Era sith but pre Banite Sith don't all scale to Banite Sith at all.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likely Lord Momin, but it's hard to say.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CryoLancer47
@americanspeeddemon said:

@crclopezos: Luke won with the force but he was losing the lightsaber battle.

That's a lie. The Grand Inquisitor couldn't do anything to Luke until he revealed his second blade, which distracted him to land a kick, before he got stomped by him. He was keeping up fine before that.

Here's some scaling:

The GI handily defeated Kanan and pushed him back. You can even notice Kanan struggling and shaking:

No Caption Provided

Kanan vs Grand Inquisitor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Luke Vs Grand Inquisitor:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A toying Vader vs A stronger Kanan:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vader vs ESB Luke:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So, Luke definitely won't have an issue with them. Seeing how the GI only managed to land a kick via surprising him. Only to get stomped immediately after.

Luke matched and kept up fine before he surprised him with his second blade. He was clearly not losing. Which is what you claimed. And him Force pushing and blitzing the Grand Inquisitor before he can react is a speed, and skill feat above what the Kanan that beat GI showed.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Momin’s performance against Vader is good enough to give him the win. He was monologuing mid-fight, which in my opinion implies he wasn’t having much issue. So either Vader was extremely weak (which is quite possible) or Momin is good enough to toy with and out-duel a weakened Vader. As for the Force, I’d say his best feat is powering his city-destroying art project, though that’s admittedly pretty unquantifiable.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Momin’s performance against Vader is good enough to give him the win. He was monologuing mid-fight, which in my opinion implies he wasn’t having much issue. So either Vader was extremely weak (which is quite possible) or Momin is good enough to toy with and out-duel a weakened Vader. As for the Force, I’d say his best feat is powering his city-destroying art project, though that’s admittedly pretty unquantifiable.

Vader was strongly weakened during his duel with Momin although weakened Vader should still be better compared to say any of the inquisitors.

The "art project" isn't explicitly powered by him. The superweapon is capable of destroying the city by itself it doesn't have much to do with Lord Momin.

As for monologuing in the middle of the fight that is purely PIS as the authors of the comics want to make the fight more interesting and it's important for them to talk or the panels are going to be purely a fight with no words which is extremely boring

overall though I'd give it to Momin but it is a decent fight

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: I thought he described the super weapon as being powered by him? That he had to pour his energy into it to power the machine? Maybe I’m misremembering. I literally have the comic, so I could just look at it whenever. Regardless, it’s to my knowledge unquantifiable.

I don’t see him monologuing mid-fight as PIS. Momin has previously done so. I’m pretty sure Vader cut him off once before he could go off on a tangent. Momin likes to talk, and this would be consistent with that.