Gragrim Ironfist Vs. Snorri Nosebiter

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Battle of the Dwarf Slayers. Which one gives the other what all Slayers ultimately want?

No Caption Provided

Vs.

No Caption Provided

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 Cheth  Online

Well Gragrim is a pretty tough slayer, roughly comparable to a chaos giant (in gotrek and felix, he wounded one, and in SoC he died killing one). But honestly, I don't think he can beat Snorri. While Gragrim is a giantslayer, and Snorri a mere trollslayer, Snorri is vastly more experienced, and a rival of Gotrek. The main thing to differentiate the two isn't even necessarily Gotrek's skill or strength (although he's always implied just a step ahead). Its that Gotrek has his magical axe and Snorri just goes for it with mortal weapons (note, he repeatedly hit the same bloodthirster that gotrek lost to, its just that he couldn't harm it due to it being immune to physical weapons). He's also ridicolously, almost stupidly (actually stupidly, he can often tank hits just because he's too dumb to acknowledge them), durable.

However once we add ET lore, its a sealed deal. He tanked a beating from Throgg so long that Throgg repeatedly got annoyed by him somehow surviving, litterarily being punched through metal cage walls, being struck by two stone walls being swung at him from both sides at once (Yes, throgg dual-wielded walls), and so on. Note that once more, the main reason Gotrek far outperformed him was because Snorri's axe instantly broke just hitting throgg, and his hammer hurt him but didn't do much either, whereas every axeblow from gotrek forced throgg to regen. He is outright confirmed physically stronger than Gotrek, and Gotrek's axe is directly cited as the reason for his advantage over him. Also of course, we have their direct duel. Despite Snorri having lost his axe, and despite wanting gotrek to kill him (and for once, not wanting to die while killing his opponent), snorri blocked multiple blows from an all-out gotrek before dying.

Also, ironically, Snorri the idiot has made the best burn in the history of Warhammer:

‘No. Snorri has always been this way.’ ‘Then for a dwarf you are very stupid.’ ‘You’re pretty clever for a troll. Does that make Snorri more smart or less? He’s confused.’ ‘You–’

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@cheth: So by the End Times, Snorri is stronger than Gotrek, but not necessarily before?

Also, if standard Gotrek's hits weren't enough to put Throgg down and he lost to a random Bloodthirster, that suggests to me that base Gotrek isn't as top-tier as I've long suspected, which makes sense for a protagonist of multiple novels who needs to be challenged. Guess it's only peak, End Times Gotrek who is Top 10 material.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cheth  Online

@cheth: So by the End Times, Snorri is stronger than Gotrek, but not necessarily before?

Also, if standard Gotrek's hits weren't enough to put Throgg down and he lost to a random Bloodthirster, that suggests to me that base Gotrek isn't as top-tier as I've long suspected, which makes sense for a protagonist of multiple novels who needs to be challenged. Guess it's only peak, End Times Gotrek who is Top 10 material.

Snorri is physically stronger than gotrek. Gotrek is a better overaller + has better gear. Though note that even if snorri is stronger physically, his axe can make gotrek stronger than he really is

Its hardly a random bloodthirster (he beat a full army of elite bodyguard with enchanted gear, a king with mjolnir, snorri, gotrek with the axe of grimnir, and only died since Felix threw mjølnir (not actual mjølnir) at him and distracted him long enough for gotrek to finish). Note that this is the same bloodthirster who beat peak ET Gotrek until felix saved him too

Also gotrek did put throgg down eventually, it was basically him spam-attacking throgg until throgg couldn't keep up with healing anymore. When throgg tried to outsmart Gotrek, gotrek outsmarted him instead and sent him flying off a tower.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wut

@cheth: Technically, Snorri is a Vampire Slayer. :P

But I agree Snorri should win.

Edit: But 'fighting not wanting to die ' isn't an advantage. Dwarfs are physically incapable of committing suicide. Every slayer fights to win regardless of how badly they wish to die.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Ah, I see. Did this Bloodthirster have a name? Was it Skarbrand?

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cheth  Online

@wut said:

@cheth: Technically, Snorri is a Vampire Slayer. :P

But I agree Snorri should win.

Edit: But 'fighting not wanting to die ' isn't an advantage. Dwarfs are physically incapable of committing suicide. Every slayer fights to win regardless of how badly they wish to die.

Snorri had caused the destruction of Gotrek's home village and outright murdered his wife, think he has good reason to break dwarf character lmfao

And its not really suicide. They did have a fight, Snorri just had no interest in killing him

@cheth: Ah, I see. Did this Bloodthirster have a name? Was it Skarbrand?

Nah. I tend to call him Thangrim's Bane since he's a knockoff Durin's bane, but he has no official name (only way we know its him again in ET is because they talk about it). If it was skarbrand i doubt even what happened to Thangrim's bane would have been enough lol

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: No interest in killing is fine, even Gotrek had done that, but no dwarf fights to purposely lose. This is why slayers exist, after all!

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cheth  Online

@wut said:

@cheth: No interest in killing is fine, even Gotrek had done that, but no dwarf fights to purposely lose. This is why slayers exist, after all!

Oh that I agree on, Snorri was defending himself without a doubt (thats how he did block strikes from Gotrek.) Thats also why Snorri told gotrek to stop holding back and fighting properly mid-fight (and thats where he blocks multiple serious strikes)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheth: Why would Snorri kill Gotrek's wife anyway? Wouldn't they be on the same side?

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cheth  Online

@cheth: Why would Snorri kill Gotrek's wife anyway? Wouldn't they be on the same side?

Oh its a whole thing:

Snorri got superdrunk, got thrown out of bar

Comes upon a group of rangers trying to alert the town of an incoming greenskin attack, picks a fight with them

Kills all of them, greenskins attack and kills everyone but snorri

Snorri wanders in the ruins, gotrek's wife comes out of a ruin covered in dirt and soot, Snorri still drunk, mistakes her for a goblin, and kills her

Which is why when he told Gotrek, gotrek killed him

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@cheth: Geez, talk about a comedy of errors / Chaos Theory at work.

Honestly, I find it a little hard to believe that even being drunk could make anyone mistake a Warhammer Dwarf for a Goblin, because they look nothing alike.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cheth  Online

@cheth: Geez, talk about a comedy of errors / Chaos Theory at work.

Honestly, I find it a little hard to believe that even being drunk could make anyone mistake a Warhammer Dwarf for a Goblin, because they look nothing alike.

You underestimate Drunk! Snorri's power!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Snorri... has a bunch of iron nails driven into his skull [and from how deep they are, likely his brain], they've started to rust, and late snorri, also has a metal plate cause he took, IIRC, a cannonball to the head.

He's... very dim [Kinda. He is also a very sad character].