• 89 results
#1 Edited by foxerdes (10248 posts) - - Show Bio

Zetsumoto and Blackestnight93 as Kanade Tachibana and Midnighter

No Caption Provided

Watcher5000 and DeathHero61 as Ruby Rose and Train Heartnet

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Decapitation or destruction of brain will kill a character. Otherwise healing factor is unrestricted.
  • Flight/Invisibility/Levitation is restricted to 30 seconds.
  • Each team gets 10 minutes to discuss their powers.
  • Teamwork/Synergy section is mandatory.
  • PF Midnighter. No Wildstorm feats.

At night/street lamps on.
At night/street lamps on.

#2 Edited by foxerdes (10248 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27694 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you better catch that train.

#6 Posted by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you better catch that train.

how long you been waiting to use that one? lmao

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#7 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27694 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: It just came to me recalling how OP Train was in the last tourney DH used him in.

Also, t4v.

#9 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18448 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by foxerdes (10248 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for the record. Basic knowledge on enemy team.

#11 Posted by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Son of a bitch I'm fighting Zets first round. Welp @watcher5000 it was a nice run, but Zets always has some unique character with super solid feats. We lost already lmao. But what's the posting order? Two characters in one post? Or we figure out some pattern?

#12 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Team 1- team 2- team 1- team 2. The posting order of the individual members doesn't matter all that much.

#13 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Operation Black Magik--- Street Edition.

Code-name: Midnight Angel

#14 Posted by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: btw those are some nice thumbnails you made for us

#15 Posted by foxerdes (10248 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Can you post a map and a starting distance?

#17 Posted by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: could have used a better Midnighter pic tbh :P

#18 Edited by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Team 1- team 2- team 1- team 2. The posting order of the individual members doesn't matter all that much.

@foxerdes are we doing it this way? Or the way it was described on the PM?

#19 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto said:

@foxerdes are we doing it this way? Or the way it was described on the PM?

There's no real difference between what I described and what foxerdes described. Whether it's combined into a single post or split into 2 back to back posts, it's all virtually the same.

#20 Posted by foxerdes (10248 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Can we get a picture of the battleground?

NVM I see the link. You should move it to the OP so that Voters can see it.

#22 Edited by ANTHP2000 (27694 posts) - - Show Bio

No cover on the battlefield? This ought to be intense.

#24 Edited by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: Perfect, not too much cover, straight road, buildings to climb or use as footing when necessary. Perfect.

#25 Posted by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: I don't think I've ever actually debated you before, on anything. This should be fun

#26 Posted by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Yep. It'll be the first time you lose to Blackestnight93. kek

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#28 Edited by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V. If Zets wins it will be a clean one (that or he will use the evil cloning thing) since Kanade is pretty basic in combat.

#29 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V. If Zets wins it will be a clean one (that one he will use the evil cloning thing) since Kanade is pretty basic in combat.

I had no intention of clone swarming anyone. lol that would be broken.

#30 Edited by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Isn't that your MO though?

Yea, via combos. If I start clone swarming people, then Angel would not be in the right tier. kek

Besides, she can't even do that anymore. The clone swarm was a glitch that she fixed.

#32 Posted by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Was angel beats originally a manga? It seems interesting. I find myself reading more manga than watching anime nowadays. Even though that means missing out on many potential series to rep.

#33 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: (It's a pretty good anime, filled the whole in my life that the Melancohly of Haruhi Suzamiya made, lol).

#35 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: (It's a pretty good anime, filled the whole in my life that the Melancohly of Haruhi Suzamiya made, lol).

I should try using Yuki Nagato at some point. lol

#36 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Can't she warp reality or something similar (I remember a trippy fight between her and her companion where the world was going wack and stuff, plus she caused the movie where she basically killed a god IIRC)?

#37 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Can't she warp reality or something similar (I remember a trippy fight between her and her companion where the world was going wack and stuff, plus she caused the movie where she basically killed a god IIRC)?

Yea. She didn't "kill god", she stole powers that Haruhi didn't even know she had.

#38 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I don't wanna go off topic (would be cool if you could find a match though, like a heralrd tier cosmic baddie versus a school girl).

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#39 Posted by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#40 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18448 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: @deathhero61 So are we doing it this way? Because I can't say I really like the idea of a team post.

#41 Posted by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: @zetsumoto: @watcher5000:TBH I prefer it this way. I did the same thing for the clusterfuck that was Sonic and Sora vs Thor and Dr. Strange.

But are we going to do specific matchups? Or do you want to get openers out of the way first?

#42 Posted by Vertigo- (17817 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: @watcher5000: @deathhero61:

No Caption Provided

Introduction:

Midnighter was once a boy from Kosovo who was abducted by owl shaped aliens when coming back from working in a neighbor's farm when he was a child. His life ended that night, what he is today grew from that wreckage of an existence. He was experimented upon for many years before he finally escaped. It was during his escape, in which the air dent he was in fell apart that he first met Apollo.

Taken from his vine wiki page- Best character ever

Physical Stats and Skills:

Helps to know how hard Midnighter can hit, since he specializes in punching. To show a good feat of his striking strength, we need only look at the following:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Scan 1: New52 Stormwatch issue 15- Midnighter can actually stagger Apollo with his hits

Scans 2-3: New52 Stormwatch issues 3-4- Apollo, at low power can tank a fall from low earth orbit

Speed

Midnighter is fast enough to casually time bullets from DC's premiere marksmen, Deadshot. Scans are from Midnighter issue 10:

Keep in mind that Midnighter let Lawton shoot him to draw him close. As he said, he wanted to make Lawton scream

Skill

Let's look at Batman & Robin Eternal issues 25 & 26, to get a look on how good Midnighter is. Keep in mind that he has other, superior feats, but I wanna keep things light for now:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

As we can see in the second scan, individual Orphans are skilled enough to give Jason Todd a challenge, yet Midnighter has no issue taking on 12 of them at once, and even though the fight happens off panel, his dialogue from issue 26 (last scan), indicates that he never had that much of a challenge against them.

No Caption Provided

Introduction:

Kanade Tachibana is the mysterious mediator of a dimension for adolescent souls unwilling to reincarnate. Her goal is discourage delinquency and help people accomplish what they were unable to do in the real world, so that they may move on to the next life. Though initially presented as a powerful angelic entity, in truth, she is simply a ghost who has been trapped in limbo longer than anyone can remember.

Due to her extended stay in Limbo, Angel has learned to manipulate reality; granting herself powers superior to any of the other souls trapped in this dimension. Such powers include the manipulation of light and sound, angelic wings, superhuman stats, forcefields, and blade constructs.

Physical Stats:

Angel is fast enough to casually deflect bullets with her blades:

No Caption Provided

Strong enough to pull a large Sea Monster into the air, along with nearly a dozen other people.

No Caption Provided

Her Forcefields can withstand the force of a Rocket Launcher:

No Caption Provided

Operation: Midnight Angel

Blackestnight93's Part:

A huge asset to this team in this match will be Midnighters battle computer and his doors. Thanks to our team having a few minutes to get know each other before the match, Midnighter will be able to tell Angel all about himself, and his doors. As soon as the match begins, Midnighters computer will immediately start running scenarios of the battle, considering the computer can run a battle a million of times in the time it takes for a round to chamber in a machine gun (less then a second)

No Caption Provided

There's no way Midnighter won't know exactly how this fight is gonna play out. Midnighters computer is never wrong either, even when it looks like Midnighters plan fails, it actually doesn't:

No Caption Provided

Now, we can look at Doors.

Doors are, quite simply, portals that Midnighter can open anywhere he wants to. They can open in mid air, below above, across the world, anywhere where Midnighter wants them to go:

• Scan 1- opens a door right behind someone to use as a form of attack
  • Scans 2-3: Bringing multiple targets in different cities, even in other countries to one location.

Now, what does this mean in this fight? Simple. Midnighter can completely control everyone's placement on the battlefield. If anyone tries to keep a fight at range, doors allow distance to be closed instantly, wether through attacking through a portal, or simply opening up a portal beneath the target and bringing them to Midnighter, or even Angel.

Zetsumoto's Part:

As Midnighter is well aware of every single possible way that this fight can play out, as well as each of the actions necessary to force the battle in our favor; we are essentially free to adapt our strategy however we wish.

The most obvious strategy is for Midnighter to simply open a portal and have Angel dash through it; blitzing one or both members of your team in a single dash:

No Caption Provided

As Midnighter already knows how this fight will play out, he knows exactly where to position the portal in order to ensure this strategy's success. He can even throw out multiple portals for misdirection. Furthermore, due to this tourney's rather tight limitations your characters should not be faster than Angel by any noticeable degree; which is what would be required to react to her attacking you from your blind-spot.

To make matters worse, Angel can distort light, causing a delay in the images that reach your eyes:

No Caption Provided

With this, your characters may not even realize that she's dashed through a portal until it's too late. If multiple portals open around you, you would have no way of knowing which which one she might come out of.

Alternatively, Angel can stun you all with a sonic attack and let Midnighter finish you off:

No Caption Provided

Summary:

• Midnighter knows exactly how this fight will play out before it happens. He knows all the steps that need to be taken to ensure victory, and as such; the only thing we need to prove to win is that our characters are capable of taking down your team. I'd we have shown more than enough to prove this.
  • With our full knowledge, we are free to adapt our strategy based on your posts.
  • This fight comes down to Midnighter either moving you to us, or us to you. Either way, Angel is more than capable of attacking you from your blind spot and slaughtering both members of your team before you are physically capable of reacting.
  • Due to tier limitations, your characters cannot be faster than Angel by any noticeable degree. As such, you are incapable of reacting to a surprise attack. Mix this with her force-fields and light delays.
  • As far as I am aware, Train's charged Railgun attack is the only thing capable of penetrating Angel's forcefield within a single hit, so he will likely be the first target.
  • Bottom line: you guys should probably just surrender. It's over for you.
Loading Video...

#44 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes: This page was a huge pain in the ass to find. Can we get a simpler title in round 2?

#45 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

T4V.

#46 Posted by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: So you guys decided on a team post after all. And just like I thought, freaking cancer. Should have just gone Samurai Jack or Blake from RWBY instead. Ugh.... We'll have a post sooner or later.

#47 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: To be fair, my first pick was probably closer to your level. I changed it when I realized we had guys like Iron-Man, Greed, and Ultimate Green Goblin running around. Both of us changed our characters actually.

Ruby herself is no joke either from what I have seen.

#48 Edited by DeathHero61 (18820 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto said:

@deathhero61: To be fair, my first pick was probably closer to your level. I changed it when I realized we had guys like Iron-Man, Greed, and Ultimate Green Goblin running around.

Ruby herself is no joke either from what I have seen.

I was gonna go Samurai Jack for sure, but not only was I already using him, I wasn't 100 percent sure if he'd be allowed, but then I already made my pick and my match was made, I look at the other teams and I immediately think "F**k*"

She's pretty impressive, and she'd give Spiderman one hell of a fight, but I don't think she'd beat him or stomp him.

#49 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: BTW, you guys don't have to combine your post into a team-post if you don't want to. I did it because BN was offline and it was a relatively straightforward strategy overall.