GoW Thor vs 616 Thor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll GoW Thor vs 616 Thor (30 votes)

GoW Thor 43%
616 Thor 57%

GoW Thor with single hit of his hammer sent the world serpent back in time and splintered the World tree which atleast had nine planets

616 Thor with the god blast can kill Galactus a cosmic being when he is hungry and lifted 21 planets with one arm and has a combat speed of faster than light

• 
Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao, GoW Thor

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6480570bb9be2
deactivated-6480570bb9be2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Thor stomps if we're scaling both to their maximum.

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Thor stomps if we're scaling both to their maximum.

Maximum?

Bootyman5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this like... current 616 Thor? The one with the Odin/Thor Force? He wins

Avatar image for deactivated-6480570bb9be2
deactivated-6480570bb9be2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aganrin: If we use the highest scaling for both then 616 Thor goes much higher. Marvel and DC characters don't fall into a single tier, they have different ranges of feats from different authors and storylines so it would be best to specify which Thor we're talking about. If Thor gets his absolute most powerful feats and scaling he stomps all of God of War, but most viners would say Thor is planet level and really slow and anything else is outliers or headcanon. The truth is that you can't pin Thor down to a single power level because of the nature of Marvel comics. There's low end Thor, high end Thor, and the space between them is outrageous.

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aganrin said:

@chives_qte said:

Lmao, GoW Thor

How ?

Since when is a regular 616 Thor so strong?

Unless we're talking about downplaying GoW Thor and throwing away everything we have for him right away. Then Marvel Thor stomps.

Boxdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aganrin said:

@chives_qte said:

Lmao, GoW Thor

How ?

Since when is a regular 616 Thor so strong?

regular 616 Thor lifted 21 planets with arm

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
@aganrin said:

@chives_qte said:

Lmao, GoW Thor

How ?

Unless we're talking about downplaying GoW Thor and throwing away everything we have for him right away. Then Marvel Thor stomps.

You are downplaying Marvel Thor and throwing away everything we have for him right away for GoW Thor to stomp him

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Party Thor is enough to one shot.

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laiks stake: what ? Party Thor is basically MCU pre Worthy Thor before being banished

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aganrin
@lord_vine said:

@aganrin: If we use the highest scaling for both then 616 Thor goes much higher. Marvel and DC characters don't fall into a single tier, they have different ranges of feats from different authors and storylines so it would be best to specify which Thor we're talking about.

So you're saying the powers of both Marvel and DC characters change from authors ? Or is it just Marvel

@lord_vine said:

@aganrin: If Thor gets his absolute most powerful feats and scaling he stomps all of God of War, but most viners would say Thor is planet level and really slow and anything else is outliers or headcanon. The truth is that you can't pin Thor down to a single power level because of the nature of Marvel comics. There's low end Thor, high end Thor, and the space between them is outrageous.

You mean these guys?

No Caption Provided

Or do you not know that Thor holds back most of the time?

No Caption Provided
Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chives_qte

@aganrin: Now convince me it's consistent, lmfao. A much more powerful version of Thor has something like this:

No Caption Provided

It doesn't matter how hard you try. Don't even start pulling out GoW anti-feats because Marvel has a few of their own for every GoW anti-feat.

No matter how much you may not believe in the multiversal GoW Thor, it does not change the fact that GoW Thor has a lot of contexts that prove and confirm that it is at this level. Also, even the worst stunt in the series far outweighs any anti-feat, which makes any anti-feat invalid because (again) even with the maximum possible lowball, the worst (edit) feat far outweighs any anti-feat.

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aganrin: Now convince me it's consistent, lmfao. A much more powerful version of Thor has something like this:

No Caption Provided

It doesn't matter how hard you try. Don't even start pulling out GoW anti-feats because Marvel has a few of their own for every GoW anti-feat.

No matter how much you may not believe in the multiversal GoW Thor, it does not change the fact that GoW Thor has a lot of contexts that prove and confirm that it is at this level. Also, even the worst stunt in the series far outweighs any anti-feat, which makes any anti-feat invalid because (again) even with the maximum possible lowball, the worst (edit) feat far outweighs any anti-feat.

nonsense double standard you ignore all of Marvel Thor's feats and only include his Anti feats all the while ignoring all of GoW Thor's anti feats and only include his feats

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't the one with Odin/Thor Force

@aganrin said:
No Caption Provided

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chives_qte
@aganrin said:

@chives_qte: nonsense double standard you ignore all of Marvel Thor's feats and only include his Anti feats all the while ignoring all of GoW Thor's anti feats and only include his feats

It does not work like that. Even the soldiers, who are less than fodder for almost anyone in the GoW series, have easily building-level feats. I don't buy that the god tier characters in the verse were supposed to be at street level. It's not my reasoning that anti-feats in GoW are mostly irrelevant. Logic literally says so. Why would the god of the verse be weaker than a mere soldier?

Now I would like you to prove that Marvel Thor's anti-feats are invalid, just as I proved that GoW Thor's anti-feats are invalid. I'll wait, good luck.

Bootyman5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aganrin said:
@bootyman5000 said:

This isn't the one with Odin/Thor Force

@aganrin said:
No Caption Provided

Okay then, in that case I think GoW wins

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aganrin
@chives_qte said:
@aganrin said:

@chives_qte: nonsense double standard you ignore all of Marvel Thor's feats and only include his Anti feats all the while ignoring all of GoW Thor's anti feats and only include his feats

It does not work like that. Even the soldiers, who are less than fodder for almost anyone in the GoW series, have easily building-level feats. I don't buy that the god tier characters in the verse were supposed to be at street level. It's not my reasoning that anti-feats in GoW are mostly irrelevant. Logic literally says so. Why would the god of the verse be weaker than a mere soldier

Now I would like you to prove that Marvel Thor's anti-feats are invalid, just as I proved that GoW Thor's anti-feats are invalid. I'll wait, good luck

Double standard again

What you said above about GoW series can be applied Marvel as well and you have no luck with that

Avatar image for sonofsparda1366
SonOfSparda1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The funny thing is, this anti-feat is immediately followed by Thor no-selling the home planet of those creatures exploding in his face.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So it's probably not the best example to use while trying to prove his inconsistency. I'm not saying that Thor, or Marvel characters in general don't have anti-feats. They do, and much more than many people realise, but the thing is, those anti-feats get kinda balanced by good feats for most of the characters. Thor, for instance, has probably as much planetary and above level feats and statements as he has anti-feats. The same cannot be said about GOW characters, who don't have feats on this level to begin with

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aganrin said:
@chives_qte said:
@aganrin said:

It does not work like that. Even the soldiers, who are less than fodder for almost anyone in the GoW series, have easily building-level feats. I don't buy that the god tier characters in the verse were supposed to be at street level. It's not my reasoning that anti-feats in GoW are mostly irrelevant. Logic literally says so. Why would the god of the verse be weaker than a mere soldier

Now I would like you to prove that Marvel Thor's anti-feats are invalid, just as I proved that GoW Thor's anti-feats are invalid. I'll wait, good luck

Double standard again

What you said above can be applied Marvel as well and you have no luck with that

You keep talking about double standards like it means anything. Finally say something that makes sense.

If what I said is so easily applicable to Marvel as well, go ahead and show it. So far you haven't proven anything, you just keep repeating yourself.

Prove Marvel Thor anti-feats are unimportant, just like GoW Thor. Then prove that Marvel Thor is consistent in terms of feats. Good luck.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

If we high-end the two, then comic Thor stomps! Otherwise he'd win anyway, but that's a more interesting encounter. I don't know what everyone else is talking about above though, it doesn't sound good.

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chives_qte said:

No Caption Provided

The funny thing is, this anti-feat is immediately followed by Thor no-selling the home planet of those creatures exploding in his face.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So it's probably not the best example to use while trying to prove his inconsistency. I'm not saying that Thor, or Marvel characters in general don't have anti-feats. They do, and much more than many people realise, but the thing is, those anti-feats get kinda balanced by good feats for most of the characters. Thor, for instance, has probably as much planetary and above level feats and statements as he has anti-feats. The same cannot be said about GOW characters, who don't have feats on this level to begin with

It's literally on the panel how the two Premodeals created the universe in battle. Then we get a lot of statements, feats and so on that the Titans are more powerful than the Premordeals . However, despite this, the Titans are weaker than the Gods through feats, and Kratos describes Thor's punch as the strongest he has encountered to date.

We also see (again on the panel) Thor hitting the World Serpent sends him back in time. We have context for this event in the form of Mimir, who in GoW4 talks about why it happened that the Serpent was sent through time. Thor splits Yggdrasil with a blow.

If anything, GoW has far more consistent feats at this level than Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-64a0c943e7754
deactivated-64a0c943e7754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel thor wins

SomeGuy432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the gow creative director clarify that nothing is actually universal

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Crapser  Online

It's funny how they wanked GoW to multiversal just until a few months ago, heck, some guys still do it lol

Chives_qte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the gow creative director clarify that nothing is actually universal

He also explained that mythologies are like galaxies in a larger universe.

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crapser: why people don't mind wanking GoW Thor but hate Marvel Thor ?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we high-end the two, then comic Thor stomps! Otherwise he'd win anyway, but that's a more interesting encounter. I don't know what everyone else is talking about above though, it doesn't sound good.

Based Professor!

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By MaulSmacker
@aganrin said:

nonsense double standard you ignore all of Marvel Thor's feats and only include his Anti feats all the while ignoring all of GoW Thor's anti feats and only include his feats

Sad part is, GoW Thor doesn't have any anti feats that don't have context debunking them

@professorrespect said:

If we high-end the two, then comic Thor stomps! .

can you give me a low end , or even a mid end for the GoW one because he has like 3 feats.

@aganrin said:

@crapser: why people don't mind wanking GoW Thor but hate Marvel Thor ?

Retarded, Marvel fans wanting to downplay GoW is very active, they even make 10+ alts to do it specefically

so much for the talk of feats, I'm gonna post one and explain the cosmology while being at it

the nine realms are not the same places or planets or countries or whatever fanfiction some imgur or reddit posts may want to spread, they've different space and different different time, the universe at the end of the day is an interplay of both these dimensions together and the very dimensions are seprate, this is furthur confirmed as the realms exist as different planes of existence but the same physical space, which is just a reference to the transcendantal structure called Yggdrasil. though, I would like to mention that all the realms are the same size as they're treated as reflections of each other.

so just like the greek pantheon one, a short summarization of everything that has been explained about the norse pantheon cosmology so far.

The DimensionContextSize
MidgardMidgard is the Nordic mortal universe equivalent, its the result of odin using Ymir's skin and skull to create an entire universe and is not that ancient a universe, this is where most of the important events of the nordic games take place.Universal at the very least considering its consistently called an universe.
AsgardAsgard is the other major realm where most important events of the games take place, the place is the universe created by Odin for himself and his family members and kind in general.Universal at the very least as its consistently called an universe.
VanaheimVanaheim is the home of the vanir gods, created by Odin with Ymir's corpse, its the realm from where some of the most important characters in the series hail from.Universal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
SvartalfheimSvartalfheim is the home of the dwarven race, created by Odin with Ymir's corpse, it servers as a place for all the great builders who led to asgard being the safe haven and the powerful realm that it has become.Universal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
NiflheimNiflheim is one of the Primordial realms far preceding Odin, created by one of the Primordial Giants, its a purely elemental realm.Universal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
HelheimHelheim is the underworld equivalent in the Nordic pantheon, Helheim is the realn of the dead and the realm created by Odin to send those to hel who were considered to be unworthy from Aesir standardsUniversal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
MuspelheimMuspelheim is the realm that was created seemingly by one of the primordial giants, its a realm of pure fire and lava and just like niflheim, is a primordial elemental realmUniversal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
AlfheimAlfheim is a realm based mostly around the light of alfheim, Odin seems to have formed it around the light of alfheim and tied the elves to the realm so that they can fight over the light for all eternity.Universal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
JotunheimJotunheim is a realm for the giants, unlike the other realms that were created by the primordial giants or Odin, Jotunheim is created via the very blood of the giant Ymir after Odin slaughtered him.Universal at the very least considering all the realms are the same size.
Light of AlfheimLight of Alfheim is a primordial transcendantal construct that all the souls of non human or god returns to, all animals/giants/elves, its the thing that keeps all the universes seprated and its the thikg that if touched, dissolves any soul into it.Irrelevant
Well of UrdWell of Urd is a metaphyical construct containing infinite timelines within it, the well of Urd is a part of the Yggdrasil, the well of Urd, has timelines inside it based on every possible outcome that exists.infinite number of possible timelines of the nine realms, so practically infinite numbers of the nine realms
YggdrasilYggdrasil is the complex cosmic and metaphyical construct that all of the above exists on, every strand of the Yggdrasil completely transcends the concept of space and time and an infinite number of these strands exist.infinite numner of higher Dimensional constructs, universes existing as non consequential physical points on it.

Thor and World serpant's feat

No Caption Provided

Thor and Jormungandr are two of most iconic part of the Nordic pantheon, the brave thunder god that battles a giant serpant so giant that it encompassess the whole world, the same battle happens twice in God of War, the first time when they were younger and Jormungandr was new to Midgard, the battle between young Thor and Jormungandr was so violent that it could be felt accross the entire nine realms at once, shaking them in the process but ultimately it ended in a stalemate. The stalemate caused Thor to return to Odin empty handed and this battle sowed seeds of hatred between the two, destined to kill each other at Ragnarok, and the battle did happen at Ragnarok, but this time it was even more and more destructive,The battle at Ragnarok shook the Yggdrasil so violently that the very construct started splintering apart and in retalliation, it hurled Jormungandr hundreds of years back in time and the event is reaffirmed multiple times in Ragnarok, we getting to see it playout and the characters repeatedly confirming that it was indeed true so what this means is that attacks from Thor can so violently shake the very construct that contains infinite timelines, nine realms e.t.c., to the point where the Yggdrasil itself started splintering and had to make a conscious decision to end the battle somehow.

so, the feat is there now, explained, and if anyone has a problem feel free to debate me on it, No alts, no dickeating and no insults though, Adios Amigo!

Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: how ? They seem to be on par with each other

Nixtollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoW Thor has the win here.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rajjarsalt
Aganrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

This has been debated to death already with no signs of ever getting better and the OP seems to be arguing in his thread too much.

Also, base Thor is not FTL.