Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Settings

• Basic knowledge based on their reputations.
  • Morals off.
  • No prep time.
  • Located in an open field, start 10 meters apart.
  • Standard Gear for both: Gotrek has his axe Zhangrom-Thaz, Harald his sword & armor.
  • Current version for Gotrek, version from the start of "Vikings" for Harald.
  • To the DEATH !!

FIGHT !!!!

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harald would prolly win considering you know hes at least a 75 tonner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: That sounds a bit short to make an argument for Harald.
It's like you tell me that a culturist beat Mike Tyson because he can lift more.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: He was able to stab thor and has decent durability.... Stop dragging out your thread, someone with that strength decent durability, etc shouldn't have an issue against Gotrek. Gotrek is insanely killed far more skilled than him, but the stats difference between them is too large........

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Iceman was able to stab Thor. Wolverine did it too. You don't need insane strength to do it.

What about Gotrek's axe ? He killed a Bloodthirster of Khorne with it among a lot of other things.

No Caption Provided

Gotrek is kinda resilient and strong himself besides having decent skills and a magical axe.
I don't think that the stats difference is too large, at all.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: I'm aware of what Gotrek has done, he also beat up Thor. Just because Ice man who would again beat Gotrek could do it doesn't mean jack, and considering wolverine can stab even the hulk again means jack considering Wolverine's metal is know to cut just about anything and everything. Two poor examples.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: I'm aware of what Gotrek has done, he also beat up Thor. Just because Ice man who would again beat Gotrek could do it doesn't mean jack, and considering wolverine can stab even the hulk again means jack considering Wolverine's metal is know to cut just about anything and everything. Two poor examples.

Dude, your arguments lacks coherence.
On one hand, you boast about Harald being strong enough to stab Thor, as a proof of his superiority over Gotrek in stats.
On the other hand, I show you that being super-strong doesn't mean jack and that you can be as strong as Iceman or Wolverine to stab Thor and you replicate that's two poor examples...

Make up your mind, bro.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By brucerogers

Dunno who Gotrek is but Harald is a peculiar case. On one hand, Thor snapped both his wrists striking him -- something which has never happened when he struck Hulk, Juggernaut, Thanos, Ultron, The Destroyer, Odin, Surtur, The Celestials, Galactus, Gorr, the list goes on. Harald should be a cosmic tier threat if we scale. Buuuut, should some undead zombie viking scumbag, empowered by bargin bin rune magics, really be that powerful? I doubt it. Being written by Garth "I hate superheroes and to hell with continuity" Ennis is the cherry on the top. I have no idea where to place him is my point.

Thor does have pretty solid resistance to piercing damage though. It just doesn't come up often. Wolverine cutting him is a feat for his claws and I am pretty sure Iceman was amped when he stabbed him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno who Gotrek is but Harald is a peculiar case. On one hand, Thor snapped both his wrists striking him -- something which has never happened when he struck Hulk, Juggernaut, Thanos, Ultron, The Destroyer, Odin, Surtur, The Celestials, Galactus, Gorr, the list goes on. Harald should be a cosmic tier threat if we scale. Buuuut, should some undead zombie viking scumbag, empowered by bargin bin rune magics, really be that powerful? I doubt it. Being written by Garth "I hate superheroes and to hell with continuity" Ennis is the cherry on the top. I have no idea where to place him is my point.

Thor does have pretty solid resistance to piercing damage though. It just doesn't come up often. Wolverine cutting him is a feat for his claws and I am pretty sure Iceman was amped when he stabbed him.

I want to precise that Thor broke his wrist striking Harald's helmet, which was amped by the runes like the rest of his gear.

Gotrek is a character coming from Warhammer Fantasy Battle, his speciality is a bit like killing everything and he has a rune-enchanted Axe that make the job even easier for him.

https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gotrek_Gurnisson

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Gotrek_%26_Felix

The reason why I've created this thread is because Harald is wanked to high heavens by a few "debaters" here, so I want people not familiar with "Thor: Vikings" to read it and make up their own opinion.

I don't think that Harald is that impressive when you look at it, most feat comes from his entire group of Vikings and there is enough context behind him and his crew's defeat to get how he can be defeated.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MErulezall

@theanimal666 said:

@merulezall said:

Dude, your arguments lacks coherence.

On one hand, you boast about Harald being strong enough to stab Thor, as a proof of his superiority over Gotrek in stats.

On the other hand, I show you that being super-strong doesn't mean jack and that you can be as strong as Iceman or Wolverine to stab Thor and you replicate that's two poor examples...

Make up your mind, bro.

Bro, stop. Just stop. You're literally failing at this argument. You picked two people who would defeat Gotreks.... I said Harald had the strength to fight Thor.... Gotrek doesn't. On top of that Harald has the durability to tank what Gotreks will do long enough for him to crush him like an ant. I'm do not lack coherence, its simply a bad thread with an op who's arguing in Gotrek's favor who lacks the comprehension to acknowledge that Harald's stats which has been this debate the whole time are TOO much for Gotreks. Harald doesn't have many feats, but his few feats he has allows him to take the W. If he was defeated and out done by lesser characters like Captain America, spider man, etc. that would be fine, but he doesnt. He doesn't have many feats, but the few he does are great for him.

In other words, STOP arguing in your OWN thread. You already have a winner in mind. Now knock it off or don't make any more threads.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: Yeah, what I am saying. It really makes no sense for him to be that powerful. Plus it's Ennis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro, stop. Just stop. You're literally failing at this argument. You picked two people who would defeat Gotreks.... I said Harald had the strength to fight Thor.... Gotrek doesn't. On top of that Harald has the durability to tank what Gotreks will do long enough for him to crush him like an ant. I'm do not lack coherence, its simply a bad thread with an op who's arguing in Gotrek's favor who lacks the comprehension to acknowledge that Harald's stats which has been this debate the whole time are TOO much for Gotreks. Harald doesn't have many feats, but his few feats he has allows him to take the W. If he was defeated and out done by lesser characters like Captain America, spider man, etc. that would be fine, but he doesnt. He doesn't have many feats, but the few he does are great for him.

In other words, STOP arguing in your OWN thread. You already have a winner in mind. Now knock it off or don't make any more threads.

Your bias is showing with nothing to substantiate your claims either ways.

I'm not arguing for Gotrek, I'm giving precisions about both characters which is my job.

It seems that user like the correction to properly debate and bring unecessary dram to that thread.

@juiceboks

@emperorthanos-

@jedixman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: Yeah, what I am saying. It really makes no sense for him to be that powerful. Plus it's Ennis.

Yes but Thor has been defeated by far less, Mongoose, etc.
The argument of the guy above are ABC logic and bias, it doesn't help.
I think that it will not happen that easily anymore now. ^^

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theanimal666: Well, low showings are part and parcel of many popular mainstream comic characters.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MErulezall

@theanimal666: You're tagging mods because you can't debate properly. That's amazing. You're already going against the rules of arguing in your own thread. Furthermore I made a statement, you should learn to debate before 1 debating yourself and 2 calling in the mods to waste their time. We're done here.

FYI I'd never heard of Harald until you made this thread, it's kind of hard to be biased when you briefly know the character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers said:

@theanimal666: Well, low showings are part and parcel of many popular mainstream comic characters.

Yeah, they can't be ignored.

@merulezall said:

@theanimal666: You're tagging mods because you can't debate properly. That's amazing. You're already going against the rules of arguing in your own thread. Furthermore I made a statement, you should learn to debate before 1 debating yourself and 2 calling in the mods to waste their time. We're done here.

FYI I'd never heard of Harald until you made this thread, it's kind of hard to be biased when you briefly know the character.

I'm tagging mods because you are disrespectful and told me to "knock it off".

I'm giving precisions about both characters which is my job as the OP.

Did I state that any of them win ? No.

But you did and clearly ignore one character in favor of the other. That's bias.

Yeah ,dude. We're done here.

4545 posts and you have no knowledge or interest in the most basic rules of debating. You will not be missed.

Bias has nothing to do with knowledge.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bias

"the action of supporting or opposing a particular person or thing in an unfair way, because of allowing personal opinions to influence your judgment"

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MErulezall

@theanimal666:

I'm tagging mods because you are disrespectful and told me to "knock it off".

That's not disrespectful. I'm telling you to knock it off because you're arguing again in your own thread and then when I give you answer. You don't like it.

I'm giving precisions about both characters which is my job as the OP.

No, you're not. You're arguing for one side making it clear as to who you think wins. Furthermore if people have questions about versions, landscape, etc. You're welcome to post, but otherwise you let people answer your thread. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't create threads.

Did I state that any of them win ? No.

You're the only one arguing and complaining that Gotrek isn't winning. I told you the reason why he loses, stats....

But you did and clearly ignore one character in favor of the other. That's bias.

When did I ignore one character for another?

Yeah ,dude. We're done here.

Obviously, because you're disrespectful. Talking smack about someone is disrespectful and it's hilarious how you're full of double standards.

4545 posts and you have no knowledge or interest in the most basic rules of debating. You will not be missed.

That's rich coming from someone who has 1694 posts and yet can't debate properly and still insults and disrespects another user. We will have problems fyi thanks to your attitude and the lack of following the rules as an op.

FYI here's the rules,

Make sure the fight is fair. Do not make a battle with a winner in mind. If the TC (Topic Creator) is the only person insisting that the fight is fair, chances are it isn't. Never show bias as the topic creator; keep your own debating to a minimum. When you make a battle, make sure you are capable of arguing for or against either character, if you need to defend the thread's validity.

Guess who's the only one arguing for the other character. You.

Bias has nothing to do with knowledge.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bias

"the action of supporting or opposing a particular person or thing in an unfair way, because of allowing personal opinions to influence your judgment"

Wow...... In order to be biased it is entirely biased on knowledge, why because you're going to favor someone you know. If I know a character like Thor and don't know a character like superman and I give Thor the W because I simply believe is superior in every way without backing up my statements that is me being biased. Because I'm assuming Thor better in every way without knowing exactly what Superman can do. I know Gotrek's more than I know Harald, but from what I looked up on Harald and his defeat against Thor that puts him above what Gotrek's can do. The characters you picked to try and lowball thor which all characters have their low end feats to try and justify by saying "thor can lose to anyone!!!!" Is a poor attempt at debating.

So when I said knock it off, this is what I mean

1 Debating for a character because you don't like the outcome, which is quite clear right here.

2 Applying poor debating skills to try and justify why you think the other character might have a chance.

3 Bashing and insulting me with this,

Don't try to play the victim here. If you want to play the victim you can go run off to another site and cry about it. In the mean time, you're the op, you're suppose to moderate the thread and fill in any blanks we might ask.

Yes we are done here because of your attitude. Feel free to get the last word in like all you tend to do to make yourself feel better, but it doesnt change the fact that you can't debate and you obviously can't make threads without a winner in mind of being "biased" in favor of Gotrek winning the thread. Do us all a favor stop wasting the mods time with pitiful attempts to get a user in trouble by being a jerk to them in the first place. Good day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not disrespectful. I'm telling you to knock it off because you're arguing again in your own thread and then when I give you answer. You don't like it.

I'm not arguing for one side or another.

Did I say that anyone win ? No.

You have no right to tell me to knock it off.

You are disrespectful.

No, you're not. You're arguing for one side making it clear as to who you think wins. Furthermore if people have questions about versions, landscape, etc. You're welcome to post, but otherwise you let people answer your thread. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't create threads.

I'm providing knowledge for both sides.

By the way, the thread is to the death there is at least one man standing at the end.

You're the one whom came here and gave a winner after contradicting yourself by saying you have no knowledge about Harald, that's a big case of cognitive dissonance.

I've provided informations for both. That's my job.

If you can't handle your opinion being contradicted by anyone, you shouldn't debate, at all.

You're the only one arguing and complaining that Gotrek isn't winning. I told you the reason why he loses, stats....

I gave reasons why he can win.

That's the reason I've created this thread, it's not a spite match.

You gave an opinion, dude.

When did I ignore one character for another?

Dude, everytime I gave you information about both characters, you pretended I was arguing and that the match is one-sided.

My point, as the creator of that thread, is to show I didn't create a spite match thus I'm providing informations.

Obviously, because you're disrespectful. Talking smack about someone is disrespectful and it's hilarious how you're full of double standards.

Elaborate.

That's rich coming from someone who has 1694 posts and yet can't debate properly and still insults and disrespects another user. We will have problems fyi thanks to your attitude and the lack of following the rules as an op.

Where did I insult you exactly ?

You told me to knock it off because I was tearing exposing your bias...

FYI here's the rules,

Yeah and you should start respecting them before telling others to do it.

Guess who's the only one arguing for the other character. You.

You are trying to justify your opinion with Argumentum ad Populum after trying to intimidate me to "knock it off"... Wow.

I didn't say any of the character wins.

Wow...... In order to be biased it is entirely biased on knowledge, why because you're going to favor someone you know. If I know a character like Thor and don't know a character like superman and I give Thor the W because I simply believe is superior in every way without backing up my statements that is me being biased. Because I'm assuming Thor better in every way without knowing exactly what Superman can do. I know Gotrek's more than I know Harald, but from what I looked up on Harald and his defeat against Thor that puts him above what Gotrek's can do. The characters you picked to try and lowball thor which all characters have their low end feats to try and justify by saying "thor can lose to anyone!!!!" Is a poor attempt at debating.

I'm not lowballing anyone.

You can't accept certain showings of Thor that put him less high and Harald less high than you believe they are, again that's your opinion.

That's certainly not an objective and valid measurement of the character's portrayals acceptable in a debate.

So when I said knock it off, this is what I mean

1 Debating for a character because you don't like the outcome, which is quite clear right here.

2 Applying poor debating skills to try and justify why you think the other character might have a chance.

3 Bashing and insulting me with this,

I'm not debating the outcome, you presented poor arguments, I've stated why they aren't valid.

I've exposed feats for both characters you clearly wasn't aware about, so far for critisizing my debating skills...

I'm not bashing and insulting you in any shape or form.

You keep showing bias and you applied a poor ABC logic because you think one character is higher than the other instead of giving true arguments.

Yeah, Harald has beaten Thor so what ?

Other characters with far less crazy feats than Gotrek have too.

And again I didn't say that Gotrek or Harald wins.

I've put your "arguments" in a balance.

Don't try to play the victim here. If you want to play the victim you can go run off to another site and cry about it. In the mean time, you're the op, you're suppose to moderate the thread and fill in any blanks we might ask.

I'm not playing the victim.

I'm effectively filling the blank of your knowledge about both characters.

That's my job and I'm free to do it when I feel it's necessary.

Yes we are done here because of your attitude. Feel free to get the last word in like all you tend to do to make yourself feel better, but it doesnt change the fact that you can't debate and you obviously can't make threads without a winner in mind of being "biased" in favor of Gotrek winning the thread. Do us all a favor stop wasting the mods time with pitiful attempts to get a user in trouble by being a jerk to them in the first place. Good day.

You are flagged again for trying to intimidate and insulting me again.

You're the only one putting yourself in trouble.

My job, as a poster, is to signal moderators about posters with your attitude.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhatisSamurai8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WhatisSamurai8

@theanimal666: stop it you're an embarrassment

visual feats >>>>>>>>>> text feats hurr durr

You can't argue in your own thread nor can you have a winner in mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhatisSamurai8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WhatisSamurai8

@theanimal666: So the reason why you called the moderators into the thread is because @merulezall disagreed with the fact that put two shit characters together into a fight and you putting characters that have inconsistent feats, so you call the mods into this thread?

Sounds legit.

Showing bias towards a characters' feats isn't breaking the rules, your flaming and tagging mods for no reason is in-fact breaking rules.

WhatisSamurai8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks@morpheus_@jedixman: the OP is flaming and toxic and seem to have a winner in mind and is debating in his/her own battle thread plz close this thread cheers.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 morpheus_  Moderator

@theanimal666: There is no reason to tag the mods for something so trivial. I read through your exchange and @merulezall has not insulted you or done anything that merits a warning. However, I am not entirely convinced you were debating in bad faith or with a clearly chosen winner in mind, either, which is why I leave the thread open for now.

Refrain from responding to one another if the debate becomes too heated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Does that mean I was correct giving precisions about both characters abilities ?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: I was done when i posted my last message. Didn't even bother to read his next post because I simply don't care anymore about the thread or what he has to say. Thank you for being extremely reasonable and fair.

Bombombom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotrek cleaves the zombie in little chunks.
When you kill Bloodthisters and Dragons on a daily basis for breakfast, killing a small fry like Harald is a piece of cake.

BibleBasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BibleBasher

Gotrek quickly take him off with a few well placed blows.

He has the ability to wound Harald, even if he was using a wooden stick.

No Caption Provided

Gotrek is way too much for Harald. That's spite.