No Caption Provided

@juiceboks

No Caption Provided

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps

No Caption Provided
  • 10- Vergil

Perks:

• 7- Immunity To Molecule Manipulation & Direct TK
  • 7- Attacks can harm Ethereal & Spiritual beings.
  • 1- Spider Sense

Map: The Forbidden Woods

Start Randomly About 100 Yards Apart... Map is deserted.
Start Randomly About 100 Yards Apart... Map is deserted.

Mood Setter:

Rules:

• Time Manipulation Cannot Be Used Directly On Opponents
  • No BFR
  • Characters Have Basic Knowledge On Fellow Team Members
  • All Supernatural Energies Are Equalized
  • All Movement Speeds Cap At Mach 5
  • Victory through death or incapacitation
  • Aim for 3 posts each
  • Shapeshifters do not lose equipment when transformed
  • Summons Limited To 15 and cannot collectively push character higher than their point value.
  • Marvel/DC Are Standard. All Others are Composite Unless Stated Otherwise
  • Soul Immunity perk does not protect pure ghosts... In other words no "I am a ghost and can only be harmed by soul attacks, which I'm now immune to!"
  • Game Characters With Multiple Build Paths Can Choose Load Out Before Each Match
  • Prep Cannot Be Used To Amp Characters Beyond What's Reasonable For a 10 Pointer
Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#2 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks could i ask you to go first? Don't know the first thing about your guys plus you have prep.

#3 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Tag

#4 Posted by juiceboks (24979 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#5 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Are you still doing this? I'm asking, cus you kind of have a history of disappearing in CaVs...

#8 Edited by juiceboks (24979 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Wouldve got up a post earlier but the site's been buggy lately. I'll try to work it out tonight

#9 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Alright, that's fine. Just making sure.

#10 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31796 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by juiceboks (24979 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps:

Kenji Uedo

No Caption Provided

This Tetsuo from Akira-inspired character is a bio-organic mutant composed of flesh and metallic shrapnel. He can shape his body into practically anything he can imagine, and being a world-renowned artist has allowed for him to create fantasticly detailed and intricate constructs and forms. Some of these include but are certainly not limited too..

Propellers to fly

No Caption Provided

A working gas grill..

No Caption Provided

..and even a fully functioning body for a telepathic brain

No Caption Provided

Suffice to say, he's the most powerful character on my team and certainly going to be the hardest for Vergil to deal with.

Mercury

No Caption Provided

Cessily Kincaid is a mutant whose mutation caused her skin to become a mercury-like metallic substance. This allows her to shift the density of her body to create constructs of and weapons of varying levels in a similar vein as Kenji, however not as extensive as him given her relative lack of imagination. She also has a unique resistance to magical abilities given her physiology.

Nyx

No Caption Provided

Carrie Ann is a wiccan who encountered Spawn after his fall from godhood. It was through her that Spawn regained his lost memories after she sewed his soul back together. Through some manipulation from Mammon, Nyx used a thread from Spawn's suit to transform herself into a Hellspawn to save the damned soul of her best friend from Hell in exchange for her magical powers. Later Mammon gives her back her those powers to a much greater level than they were prior to, and along with the powers she gains as a hellspawn makes her a powerful force to be reckoned with and probably the second most powerful member of my team.

Preptime

A minute of course isn't much but it's more than enough for this team to come up with a simple plan. And that plan is to give the resident artist a

No Caption Provided

..now what this means for Vergil is simple. Someway, somehow Kenji is going to get his flesh into his body. So to do so we have a few options, first of which is to give Nyx a new bodysuit out of Kenji's body. Should be pretty simple, I've already shown Kenji making an entire shapely body for a brain. Next is also pretty easy, he's going to absorb Mercury into himself which both of these characters already have experience with so this should only take a few seconds. Now the plan from here on out keeps the theme of simplicity, knowing that they can't outfight Vergil directly the goal will be to just make physical contact with him so that Kenji can attach a piece of himself onto him. At which point Kenji will attempt to plant an illusion into his mind like he did to Hope Summers in Gen Hope #16..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After which there's a couple things that can happen here. Mercury can emerge from Kenji and attempt to suffocate Vergil with her liquid metal body..

No Caption Provided

..Kenji can try to suffocate/kill him from the inside like he did Magneto..

No Caption Provided

..and Nyx can stab him in the heart with her chained sickle which Vergil stated would be enough to kill his twin brother and logically himself as well. Given the full knowledge my team has of him, all of these options should work.

No Caption Provided

And just in case you're wondering, yes Kenji can indeed control parts of his body that are seperate from him. He demonstrated this is Generation Hope #16 as well..

No Caption Provided

Summary

The way I see it, this plan works for two main reasons.

1. Vergil doesn't have any knowledge of what my team members can do. He'll likely go into this fight with a hack and slash mindset like he normally operates, unbeknownst to him that ANY contact with my team members will lead to his death. Having Yamato isn't going to help, especially against Kenji.
  2. I don't have to prove my team can beat him in a straight up fight (though I can certainly delve into their reaction time to at least prove they can compete with someone who is at best Mach 5). He's going to get himself infected upon fighting them and no Spider-Sense is going to warn him of that very specific danger.
#12 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

Vergil: The Son of Sparda

"It'll be fun fighting with the Prince of Darkness. If my father did it...I should be able to do it to."
Loading Video...

Backstory:

2000 years ago, the demon warrior Sparda caused great Mutiny within the underworld, rebelling against his then master Mundus. To do this, Sparda had to seal away the connection between Earth and Hell using a special blade, but along the way to get involved with a human woman called Eva, who gave birth to twin siblings, Vergil and his younger brother, Dante. The two twins were rivals since birth, and were total opposite, for whilst Dante hated his demon heritage, Vergil loved the newfound power he had over other mortals, but otherwise it was business as usual for the brothers, until one fateful day, when rogue demons still petty about Mundus' demise, found Vergil's family, seperated the siblings and murdered Eva. Despite being assumed dead, Vergil survived that incident and set out on a quest to become as powerful as his late father.

Gear/Powers:

Yamato
Yamato

Vergil's bread and butter weapon which he never leaves home without. This blade was passed down from Sparda, and in fact is the very weapon that Sparda used to seal away the demon realm. It is able to cut through the very fabric of reality and rip through basically anything it touches. Yamato is also indestructible to anything that isn't made of a similar demonic energy similar to that of Vergil's (namely weapons like Dante's Rebellion is one of the few things that can potentially break it).

Beowulf
Beowulf

After defeating the creature of the same name, Vergil now has access to these gauntlets and boots, greatly increasing his physical punches and kicks. Whilst i doubt he'll get much, if any at all use out of these, i'll say that even if your able to somehow disarm Yamato, Vergil still has options available to him.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Force Edge

A much blunter weapon than yamato that gives vergil access to all of Dante's sword abilities, such as his Round Trip. Agin, much like Beowulf, Yamato will be doing the heavy lifting, but this is here for more options should Vergil need them

Healing Factor
Healing Factor

Pretty self explanatory really. I'll give feats for this in the durability section.

Devil Trigger
Devil Trigger

By tapping into his demonic power, Vergil is capable of accessing this super form, which amplifies everything he has to offer, strength, durability, healing factor, you name it really.

Summon Swords

Vergil is able to create constructs of swords that he launch at his opponents in a variety of ways (above is a demonstration of the possibilities), note that this doesn't stop Vergil from attacking normally. This gives Vergil plenty of long-range options to use alongside his front line brawling potential.

Teleportation
Teleportation

Again, not much to say here, except this can be rapid-fired. This combined with Vergil's speed (we'll get to that) will make it nigh impossible for you to tag him efficiently.

Stats:

Speed:

We start with the feat that'll easily put vergil on the cap speed limit of the tourney.

No Caption Provided

The famous (or infamous depending on your viewpoint) rainstorm feat, in which between a clash between Dante and Vergil, they not only show the rain in slow motion, but their sword swings create a completely rain-free space between themselves, putting Vergil well into the hypersonic spectrum, and thus puts him at the max speed limit(even removing Dante from the equation would still making Vergil hypersonic). all this combined with the aforementioned teleportation.

No Caption Provided

It's also worth noting that in the rules of the tourney, it says all movement speeds are capped at mach 5, not reaction speeds, meaning that if we scale off of Dante (which FTR, we totally can, they're considered equals throughout the entire franchise), mean that Vergil sees bullets in slow motion, plus the reaction speed needed to perform the above mentioned Rainstorm feat.

Durability:

Now here's where Vergil's healing factor comes into play, and his healing factor has pulled of some riculuous healing.

No Caption Provided

Here we see in a clash between Dante and Vergil, the former was able to cut Vergil clean in half (notified by the stream of blood coming off the attack), however Vergil's healing factor patched the wound closed before it's even recognisable he was cut. This alone should show that Vergil can take any sorta hit without dying. But let's go a little further.

No Caption Provided

Scaling off of Dante, we see him not even notice when a motorcycle explodes right on top of his face, showing that even outside of piercing weapons, the Sparda brothers are no joke in terms of durability.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

One last thing to note is that Vergil is able to resist mind and illusions based attacks pretty easily, as shown here when a demon called Pride was praying on Vergil's psyche and attempting to destroy him from the inside of his mind, to which Vergil responded by cutting through every illusion Pride threw at him, ending with him cutting straight out of the illusion. This gives prescedant that if you try to mind control Vergil or try to, it ain't gonna work, plus it gives credit to the claim that Yamato can cut through Dimensions.

Strength:

No Caption Provided

First showing of strength shows Vergil being able to cut down this building sized statue with ease.

No Caption Provided

In terms of Yamato itself, we've seen other wielders of it such as Sanctus be able to pierce Nero's Devil Bringer , and given how casually Sanctus did this it's within reason to assume Vergil can pierce the DB to. This is worth noting since Dante was unable to even scratch the surface with Rebellion.

No Caption Provided

With Beowulf under his belt, Vergil has turned a large demon of the same name into nothing but scattered pieces.

No Caption Provided

Lastly, if we scale of Dante again, we have seen him using Yamato to cut this giant rectangular behemoth of a monument in a single sword swing, showing not only the blade's strength once again since the stone slab could easily level a building+, but also that Yamato has deceptively long range which can be useful for if keeping Vergil's distance is necessary.

Perk:

Just a few quick thing to mention is that I've given Vergil a perk.

A Spider-Sense, which everyone and their grandmother's decaying gravestone knows how it works, so i'll just say it can react to both invisible attacks, and help against those who can teleport.

Counters:

Propellers to fly

Vergil has enough means to deal with fliers/range, and has the speeds/teleportation to tag them, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Next is also pretty easy, he's going to absorb Mercury into himself which both of these characters already have experience with so this should only take a few seconds.

Just because Mercury has experience doing what your planning doesn't mean she'd agree to this without perfect teamwork. Unless you can prove she would be willing to morph with Kenji instead of doing her own thing, then i'm iffy towards the idea of Merc agreeing to morph without at least a little infighting.

the goal will be to just make physical contact with him so that Kenji can attach a piece of himself onto him.

Considering Vergil's speeds and teleportation, plus the spider sense i gave him, that's gonna be really hard for ya.

At which point Kenji will attempt to plant an illusion into his mind like he did to Hope Summers in Gen Hope #16.

You mean how Pride tried to do a very similar thing to Vergil, to which he promptly broke out of? If pride couldn't do it, then i doubt Kenji can. And since Vergil's dealt with this stuff before he can react quickly and bust out and be on his merry way.

After which there's a couple things that can happen here. Mercury can emerge from Kenji and attempt to suffocate Vergil with her liquid metal body.

To which Vergil can simply rip her to shreds with his plethora of swords, or better yet just blast her away with Beowulf.

Note the shockwaves that are produced, that should be able to blow Merc off Vergil's body/hurt her badly.
Note the shockwaves that are produced, that should be able to blow Merc off Vergil's body/hurt her badly.

Or better yet, just teleport away the moment he notices the goey, metal lady trying to choke him. Vergil ain't stupid enough to let that happen.

..and Nyx can stab him in the heart with her chained sickle which Vergil stated would be enough to kill his twin brother and logically himself as well. Given the full knowledge my team has of him, all of these options should work.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Dante's been stabbed through where the heart is on multiple occasions, and was able to shrug it off like bug bites, so that statement is easily contradicted. Also Spider sense plus teleporting will make this an easy attack to dodge.

And just in case you're wondering, yes Kenji can indeed control parts of his body that are separate from him. He demonstrated this is Generation Hope #16 as well..

With the sheer amount of space that can be covered with Yamato, plus all of the speed, teleporting and summoned swords being produced, it's doubtful that any part of Kenji's body will even touch Vergil.

Vergil doesn't have any knowledge of what my team members can do.

With the exceptions of Vergil's duels with Dante, all of his fights are no knowledge based, so this is hardly new for him.

He'll likely go into this fight with a hack and slash mindset like he normally operates, unbeknownst to him that ANY contact with my team members will lead to his death.

Only physical contact with something like Beowulf will that be effective given how Vergil himself won't be touching Kenji, and since the summoned swords are unaffected due to disappearing after use, Yamato has enough long range to make it hit form basically any range, and Vergil has other longe range options to boot, saying their'll be much, if any contact is questionable before your character's drop to the floor.

Having Yamato isn't going to help, especially against Kenji.

How will a super powerful sword that can decapitate anyone on your team and has super long range not help? You haven't shown any reason why it doesn't one-shot any of your players, nor if Kenji can tank any of Yamato's hits or function once he's been cut in half.

How the fight will go:

This will be a very complicated and detailed plan i assure you.

Is what i would say if you didn't get cut to ribbons
Is what i would say if you didn't get cut to ribbons

Throughout your opener you have yet to show any speed feats that can keep pace with Vergil's speeds and teleportation, nor any piercing resistance in the slightest, so really not hard to say that Vergil can immediately rip past your entire team. In terms of your hax, i've already shown Vergil has busted out of illusions before, which makes your entire plan kinda fall flat on it's face seeing as that's how your tagging Vergil, and your skin/metallic shape shifting won't stop Vergil from simply cutting your heads off before you get a chance to react.

Remaining Questions:

figured i'd respond to some problems which may occur in the future.

What you ask me:

"What happens when Kenji's skin touches Yamato?"

What will happen will either that the skin gets cut into tiny little pieces as it lands on Yamato, or Vergil can quickly swap out for one of his other weapons, or once he realises what's going on with Kenji's skin, can simply keep his distance using his long ranged attacks Not to mention his Iaijutsu methods of attacks means that the skin will have to crawl out of the sheath first.

"will Vergil notice if the skin going on his skin?"

Honestly that's a very big if, considering both Vergil's reaction and methods of fighting since his Dark Slayer fighting style heavily emphasises quick movements and constant movement. And even if it does you've shown nothing to say it cant just be cut right off with no issues.

What i ask you/what you need to answer:

"Would Vergil not destroy Kanji's skin once he notices?"

Heck no. Vergil may be super cocky, but he ain't stupid, so once he notices whats happening he'll act accordingly and slice right through it all.

"wouldn't the spider sense and radar help doding Vergil?"

whilst it'll certainly help, from what i've seen between the speed gap, teleportation and raw ranged potential, i doubt it'll be enough to dodge everything. They may be radar's, but automatic defenses they are not.

Conclusion:

• Vergil is way faster
  • Vergil potentially one-shots
  • Vergil's dealt with illusions/mind hax before
  • You have no means to take Vergil out with stats
  • Vergil is far more versatile/durable
  • Yamato is one crazy weapon

Your turn now.

#13 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2737 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2737 posts) - - Show Bio