GoT/ASoIaF: Can you make a team of four to beat this trio?

• 58 results
bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Barristan Selmy & Ser Jaime Lannister
Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Barristan Selmy & Ser Jaime Lannister

Rules:

• Composite book/show versions. Feats from both the books and the show are applicable.
  • All three are in their prime.
  • All three have the same armor as shown in the above image.
  • Dayne is wielding dual swords. Barristan and Jaime have their respective longswords (No Widow's Wail for Jaime).
  • Your team of four can only consist of human characters from the books/show (So giants, dragons or white walkers etc. are not allowed).

Make your team now!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain, The Hound, Prime Robert, and HBO Jon Snow.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

No. I cannot make a team of 4 that can take on this team of 3.

If I was forced:

Undead Mountain, Aemon the Dragonknight, Robert Baratheon, Daemon Blackfyre

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 krisbishop  Moderator

Aemon the Dragonknight, Daemon Blackfyre, Garlan Tyrell, and probably Cregan Stark or Robert Baratheon for the last spot.

My team should take it no problem.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

@gateofbabylon: Strong team but I think you're overestimating the abilities of Robert. He is good but is he enough to tip the scales when the 3 fighters listed are likely more than a match for the 3 that you listed? His best feat is against Rhaegar, who while good (and praised by Selmy) is technically featless in and of himself.

The reason I chose Undead Mountain over someone like Garlan is because, While technically featless, I see something like this happening when the Kingsguard attempt to disarm him:

No Caption Provided
krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

@redshift_bacon: I personally thought the match-ups could go like this:

Arthur Dayne vs Daemon Blackfyre

Barristan Selmy vs Aemon the Dragonknight

Jaime Lannister vs Garlan Tyrell

All three match-ups should stay relatively even and I doubt any winner could be decided that fast. Throw in Robert Baratheon into any of the three to tip the scales and I think my team will snowball into victory. Or else Cregan Stark definitely works, since he's earned such high praises from Aemon himself.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on how far away they start, I'd chose 4 top archers.

If it has to be melee weapons: Syrio, Victarion Greyjoy, Khal Drogo, Gregor Clegane

Wanted to give a variety of styles, so they are harder to predict and deal with.

Axies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain, Oberyn Martell, Garlan Tyrell and HBO Bronn. I prefer not to use the long dead legendary characters.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@axies: HBO bronn has only really fought against Fodder tho

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SwordofDamocles

Robert have more impressive feats than killing Rhaegar, I already showed you that @redshift_bacon

Anyway Maegor the Cruel ,The Dragonknight and Andrik the Unsmiling. My team could arguably win in a very good match depending if Andrik is worth of the reputation he have.

Oh yeah my bad, this is a four team. Then I would add Orys Baratheon , and my team would without a doubt won.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordofdamocles: Roberts most impressive feat against a high-caliber knight is against Rheagar.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 socajunkie  Moderator

These three would take a majority over any four if Dayne had Dawn and Jaime had Valyrian steel but as is they only beat 99% of any four fighters.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D&D-force Arya Stark

SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: No. He beated Jon Connington while being wounded and likely without armor. Jon who is himself a impressive warrior.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show characters: Undead Mountain, Oberyn Martell, Arya Stark and Jaqen Hghar

Probably still lose but having two faceless men couldn't hurt.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Varamyr, Quaithe, Melisandre, Current Gregor. If magic becomes disallowed, Obaryn, HBO Grey Worm, Dragonknight, HBO Arya. There are actually alot of ways to take down this team...hell any 3 high tier fighters and current HBO Bronn would fo it.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beanzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aemon the Dragonknight, Ryam Redwyne, Daemon Blackfyre, Gwayne Corbray

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Composite of all 4: Bronn, Obaryn, Sandor, UnGregor

SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordofdamocles: Because Jon Connington doesnt necessarily have feats to put him above Rhaegar’s statements, and frankly, against Robert, Rhaegar fought to the death whereas Jon lived.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_red_viper  Moderator

@swordofdamocles: @redshift_bacon:

TBH I think Robert's best feat isn't a feat at all, but the fact that Ned used to say he was the best warrior he had ever seen. Ned isn't someone to exaggerate (even when talking about his best friend), and seeing as he also faced Dayne himself to have basis for comparison, I'd say it's a pretty high praise.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I’d agree with that but Ned is slightly biased as well, since Robert is his best friend. I dont think its an exagerration, but “one of the best fighters” is already confirmed by being above Jon and Rhaegar, and its not like Ned was placing him above Dayne or Selmy. Being one of the best alive during that time is impressive but i wouldn't place him in the top 5, maybe the low end of Top-10 (spots 9 or 10)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator

@redshift_bacon: Ned said he was THE best. Not "one of the best". He also said Dayne was the greatest swordsman he had ever seen, which makes sense since Robert wasn't a swordsman, so it's fair to say Ned was being honest and not highballing. It's not in his character to exaggerate. Robert was likely one of the greatest of his time, possibly of all times.

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daemon Blackfyre , Aemon The Dragonknight : these two are rock solid and obvious choices .
they are the best of the best along with prime selmy and dayne .
jaime is a tier or half tier below them . each of them would beat jaime 10/10 in 1v1 fight (not a stomp but solid victory)
jaime while very very good is a bit of a weak link among these 4 greatest swordsmans in history of westeros .

my third choice would be cregane stark who by hype and statements should be jaimes level .
this 3v3 would be truly epic and it could probably go either way , although i´m willing to say my team has 55/45 edge .

adding the 4th member would tip the balance solidly towards team "legends of the past" :
duncan the tall , prime robert , aegor rivers , smiling knight , garlan tyrell , oberyn , (prime) blackfish etc. could all fill this spot .
or my wild card bronn (since he is willing to fight dirty and could stab either of the team 1 in the back while he is fighting someone else 1v1 ,
selmy and dayne are vulnerable to dirty tactics since they are too chivalrous ) .

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Robert's greatest weakness is having been severely miscast for the HBO series...as many ppl formed a first impression that way. I imagined him more as a middle aged Conan with a beer belly until GoT.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: Robert's greatest weakness is having been severely miscast for the HBO series...as many ppl formed a first impression that way. I imagined him more as a middle aged Conan with a beer belly until GoT.

Robert was actually supposed to be kinda obese. It was said that he gained a few dozed kilograms since the last time Ned saw him, had a double chin, etc. The main thing Mark Addy had missing to be a good Robert as far as appearance goes, was height. Robert was supposed to be like 6'6". But he nailed it as far as acting goes, so who cares if HBO Robert was a bit shorter than book Robert, amirite?

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty easy.

Daemon Blackfyre and The Dragonknight are obvious ones. Gyam Corbray is a easy one. Dueled Daemon for a hour before being defeated. Not sure anyone else could accomplish this.

The fourth would be Maegor Targaryen. Guy was pretty much the devil incarnate in the books ( He ruled for 6 years, 66 days... :-P ).

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: eh, he lacked a real swaggering gravitas. Like a Roger Moore after Connery.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: I don't necessarily agree. Robert should have been a drunkard who can barely even walk straight, he should have been utterly unimpressive compared to his younger self. Really, make Mark Addy taller and overall more massive, with blacker hair, and he'd be a spot-on Robert.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Six-Deuce

@the_red_viper: I am not saying you are wrong as this is entirely subjective. That actor lacked a latent menace or fierceness that a fat old warrior should have. Especially Robert Baratheon. He got the gregarious side down, and the lecherous....but the brooding warrior portion of his acting was impotent. I'm telling you bud, he needed a hint of Bill the Butcher (only fat)....not Hot Pie Sr.

The audience needed shadows of who he used to be to imagine the rebellion correctly.

I dont know who would perfectly fit the bill, maybe Ray Winstone with lifts and a little black hair dye?

bleidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ray Stevenson would've made a great Robert Baratheon.

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Come at me.

Dario,viper,bronn

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: All I know is that Clive Standen would have been a perfect Young Robert.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@consciouskeeper: The Kingsguard trio would butcher them tbh. Oberyn would be tricky due to his reach but all three can match his speed and surpass his skill in addition to having better armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Robert Baratheon, the Mountain, maybe the Hound, Oberyn. No GoT team can outmatch the trio in skill so strength and speed are their only hope of winning.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Khal Drogo

Oberyn Martell

Jaqen Hagar

The Mountain

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: sorry I keep tagging you. In regards to your reply to consciencekeeper, the OP does not disallow ranged weapons. Team Viper may need another meat shield, but Bronn is shooting fish in a barrel with that Xbow.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: He also doesn't specify starting distance which makes it 10 ft as per battle forum rules. Bronn gets a sword through his neck before he can raise his crossbow. In any case, if ranged weapons were allowed to begin with (and the starting distance was big enough), just take 4 archers and be done with it. Bronn, Ygritte, Theon and Anguy, I win. Change one of them for Ramsay if you want.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: naw, 10 ft is enough for Bronn to dance backwards and still put a bolt through a codpiece. I agree a lesser skilled opponent would get blitzed though. On post #18 I made a team perfect for killing these 3 mighty warriors. Viper and HBO Grey worm are perfect to tie up ppl while an Arya or Bronn picks them off. I wouldn't pick 4 archers...they would not likely get any before being mowed down....too hard to find a weak spot. Joffrey's crossbow doesn't need a weak spot.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce:

naw, 10 ft is enough for Bronn to dance backwards and still put a bolt through a codpiece.

I disagree but no point in debating this point.

As for me personally, I'd probably pick 2 brutes such as the Cleganes to keep 2 of the team busy, and 2 others who are quick and skilled to double-team the third. Say, Garlan and Oberyn; Garlan can press any of the three in a fight even if he doesn't eventually win, while Oberyn can circle around and tag him in the back. Then they go in and help the Cleganes in their respective duels.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: that is actually a good tactic. I intentionally avoided the Cleganes and Prime Robert because of thier size and the way they fight...would be tougher to get a Howland Reed in whilst angling for a shot or dodging huge warhammer swinging all over creation. I'd rather stand behind a generic HBO Unsullied with that crossbow 8p

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Consciouskeeper

@the_red_viper: doubt it they are all skilled fighters and viper touches anyone and they eventually die.

Darrio never fights fair and neither does..well nvm no one on my team fight fair lmao. I think this team has the best chance

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: I think Gregor would be a hell of a challenge even for top-tiers like these three. I don't think any of them would take 10/10 against him, or Sandor for that matter, but more so Gregor because of his unnatural size and reach. Each of the brothers would keep these guys on their toes for long enough until Garlan and the Red Viper finish off the third and join in. I don't consider ranged combat as a viable tactic here personally, takes away too much of the fun.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: doubt it they are all skilled fighters and viper touches anyone and they eventually die.

Darrio never fights fair and neither does..well nvm no one on my team fight fair lmao. I think this team has the best chance

Jaime can match their dirty tactics, while Dayne and Selmy made a career of fighting outlaws, they can handle dirty just fine. These three are incredibly skilled, true, but even the most skilled out of these three (Oberyn) isn't on the level of these three knights. Bronn and Daario would hold their ground for a bit before inevitably dying and then then Oberyn gets in a 3v1 that he can't hope to win.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya Stark can solo

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: that's fine agree to disagree.

Jaime has shown he has a knights honor in duels so I doubt he will cheat and when bronn was training him he was shocked at how dirty bronn was.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: that's fine agree to disagree.

Jaime has shown he has a knights honor in duels so I doubt he will cheat and when bronn was training him he was shocked at how dirty bronn was.

I think what surprised Jaime wasn't the fact that Bronn was dirty, but the fact that he was dirty during a training spar (where he has no reason to fight dirty since the only reason they were training was to improve Jaime's swordplay). Everything's fair game in a real battle to the death, Jaime knows that, and he would know to expect it. He is a man with honor now but he wasn't always like that. Even if he fights honorably himself, the point is that he wouldn't be taken off-guard if his opponent tries some dirty trick, which is all that matters.