GoT: Arya Stark vs Syrio Forel

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Arya has needle, Syrio has a rapier. Morals off, fight to the death or incap.

Did the student surpass the master?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it. Would back Syrio both based on feats and in universe portrayal.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To be honest, Arya would stomp

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Hard to say, honestly. Neither one have legitimate feats 1v1 against a noteworthy opponent. Syrio was killed off screen by Meryn, Arya matched Brienne in a a sparring match.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he had a sword I doubt he would have lost to Meryn f****** Trant. Still, matching Brienne is much better. Arya wins.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_red_viper  Moderator

Syrio was more impressive, I don't hold Arya's small spar with Brienne to very high regard tbh.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buildhare

Arya is a Mary Sue but her abilities being an asspull doesn't mean she's not going to stomp here. Somehow this was phrased as a negative;

Syrio was killed off screen by Meryn, Arya matched Brienne in a a sparring match.

When all it does is succinctly highlight exactly why this fight has an obvious winner.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RBT  Online

Arya

CuckedCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syrio

I doubt she would even defeat the water dancer from the Meerenese pit

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Hard to say, honestly. Neither one have legitimate feats 1v1 against a noteworthy opponent. Syrio was killed off screen by Meryn, Arya matched Brienne in a a sparring match.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

Arya is a Mary Sue but her abilities being an asspull doesn't mean she's not going to stomp here. Somehow this was phrased as a negative;

Syrio was killed off screen by Meryn, Arya matched Brienne in a a sparring match.

When all it does is succinctly highlight exactly why this fight has an obvious winner.

No it doesn't. Arya was trying, Brienne was not,. Arya was using live sharpened steel, Brienne was not. It's not a legitimate feat.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@buildhare said:

No it doesn't. Arya was trying, Brienne was not,. Arya was using live sharpened steel, Brienne was not. It's not a legitimate feat.

Pretty obvious she was trying given she literally punted Arya. It's as clear cut a feat as we're gonna get in GoT. I don't think you're capable of looking at Arya's showings objectively if you can't recognize how silly the statement "Arya matched Brienne in a sparring match, Syrio was killed off screen by Meryn Trant" is when arguing this is close. Even if you want to use another showing from Arya i.e Darth Mauling some wights she comes out looking a lot better.

I dislike the character too, that is not an excuse to be this biased honestly.

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syrio stomps.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toss coin.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

Arya solos Braavos.

The_Magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syrio clowns her

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@buildhare:

The fight is worthless. It's a sparring match, nothing more. And Brienne won the duel portion of their fight. Nobody takes it seriously and it's rather puzzling that you do.

I like how you're go to assumption is that I'm bias a d that I don't like the character. This is false; I like Arya and being rather objective. So take your ad hominems somewhere else if that's all the argumentation you're capable of.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

The fight is worthless. It's a sparring match, nothing more.

Sparring matches aren't instantly invalidated purely because they aren't trying to kill each other in other verses, there's no reason this should be different. Even if that were true the whole kicking her Liege lady like a football would invalidate this criticism.

And Brienne won the duel portion of their fight.

They had basically the most definitive stalemate sword fighters can have. Brienne tries and successfully grapples Arya (pretty sure this is your issue here, you think grappling a fighter who has a 0% chance of escaping you and your next blow is evidence of Brienne holding back, when it reality it makes complete sense for her to just reach out and grab Arya rather than commit all the energy of a swing), Arya switches blade hands and both have a blade to the others throat. That you think Brienne outright won is why believe you're basing your opinions on bias here.

I like how you're go to assumption is that I'm bias a d that I don't like the character. This is false; I like Arya and being rather objective. So take your ad hominems somewhere else if that's all the argumentation you're capable of.

As above.

Nobody takes it seriously and it's rather puzzling that you do.

Multiple people in this thread already think she wins, I have no idea how you can be this set on ignoring Arya's abilities. She has long threads vs other fighters, several of which have her winning (i.e vs Bronn) based purely on her showing against Brienne. Clearly far more people take it seriously than you want to believe.