• 159 results
#51 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no evidence that Gorr would defeat Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Beams could erase Gorr from existence, time displace him or even send him to an alternate reality. Hell, Darkseid could even resurrect Gorr after killing him and then kill him again just for fun. Darkseid is not a run of the mill god, some nameless, no backstory shmuck. He is the ruler of Apokolips, has GENIUS LEVEL intelligence is immortal, and has gone toe to toe with Silver Surfer and Galactus in the same day! DARKSEID IS!!

Gorr rips Darkseid's head off with ease.

#52 Edited by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@toptom: Yeah Darkseid has started off with better feats but Gorr manipulated an entire freaking star in battle. I don't see how Darkseid can top that.

Did he actually manipulate the star? All I remember is him covering it in his shadows

#53 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Thanks for correcting me. He does just cover the star in his shadowy powers though it wasn't shown what else he did that beat 3 Thors off panel.

#54 Posted by Spartan101 (4472 posts) - - Show Bio

gorr wins this,dc fanbulbs its true.

#55 Edited by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#56 Edited by entropy_aegis (20910 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#57 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

FUNNY

If I recall correctly Gorr have to killed many Gods trought the years to beat Skyfather Thor and a planet with countless minions to beat 3 Thors,this isn't Gorr normal power levels....and yet no one considered that. Just funny

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#58 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Are you referring to Gorr depending on the blood of the Gods to power himself further? Not sure how that applies to this battle, although it does seem that he permanently keeps that power boost rather than it being simply temporary.

#59 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I believe you already understand...that he didn't do that normally do as people says and probably needs more blood to do more ''difficult'' things.

#60 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I believe you already understand...that he didn't do that normally do as people says and probably needs more blood to do more ''difficult'' things.

Well that's the thing, which Gorr are we using here? The one who faced off against 616 Thor at the beginning of the series or end of "God Bomb" Gorr who murdered hundreds of Gods to expand his power?

#61 Posted by patrat18 (11746 posts) - - Show Bio

What great gods did Gorr kill? little to none they did not use the greek gods in gorr's run at all, all he did was take out weak gods it's not really that much of a feat. In one issue of Darkseid's run he did things gorr took years and still did not accomplish DS stomps.

#62 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Exactly what I'm saying...this isn't explained in OP. Another thing people didn't considered which Gods he killed? How powerful they are? How he killed them? poison,hired someone and take their bloods??...it's a vague information

#63 Edited by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Exactly what I'm saying...this isn't explained in OP. Another thing people didn't considered which Gods he killed? How powerful they are? How he killed them? poison,hired someone and take their bloods??...it's a vague information

Well, not all gods were equal clearly but it was the far, far future so who knows how long he tortured the gods and how many he killed. The OP should be more specific to get a better answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
#64 Posted by deactivated-5b2e798651249 (7245 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr. But I want Darkseid to win.

#65 Edited by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by I_am_Warlock (293 posts) - - Show Bio

FUNNY

If I recall correctly Gorr have to killed many Gods trought the years to beat Skyfather Thor and a planet with countless minions to beat 3 Thors,this isn't Gorr normal power levels....and yet no one considered that. Just funny

You know what actually is funny , the minions never joined the battle, all they did was sacrificed the gods already in Gorr’s dark world to empower Gorr. A boost in power that was permanent not temporary is perfectly usable in battle.

As per taking years did you see the number of gods he actually slaughtered? They had a library filled with the names of god he had killed, its going to take heck of a time to look for that many gods.

He was before even facing 3 Thor going around killed pantheons on his own, creating endless army of shadow dogs all on his own power, each of whom were giving Thor a run for his money. He butched a god who casually held black hole for fun and has the black sword, made of the power of the god that created the universe, capable of slicing through everything.

Darkseid best feat is destroying a planet while fighting Highfater, Thor was destroying multiple planet with shock-wave alone fighting Gorr, and Gorr got significantly more powerful after that.

Gorr stomps.

#67 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_warlock: Read my comments and the moderator above and learn how to do a proper debate,without being biased. Thanks

#68 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Mate he beat an Odin Force empowered Thor along with present day and young Thor. Then there's the list of other gods Gorr has killed. Despite you not liking Iamwarlock's tone or something, I have read all the issues and can confirm that Gorr did kill a god who could hold black holes amongst many other gods. And this was before Gorr went into the future and got his amp.

#69 Edited by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: You read what I asked above?? Please read...don't be stuck with feats,being reasonable.
Sorry to say that (I don't like to be that with you,you know) Gorr killed a God capable to hold black holes,okay!! Superman defetaed a uber reality warper Vyndtkvx,so this means he could beat anyone?

#70 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: How is pointing out Gorr's feats not being reasonable mate? I take you for a reasonable guy most of the time but here you're not living up to that. Busting a planet<manipulating an entire star and beating a Skyfather. Pretty sure there's a blatent edge between these two here that you seem to be ignoring.

#71 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Many comments of other users here lack of context,as people says he manipulated the star when he was only covered with shadows.

#72 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: It seems you being ignored the other question. I'm out of the debate,when you understand what I'm saying....I'II be back. Plus: I'm not defending any side,just point out few things.

#73 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I noticed what you pointed out but I do deal with some of those things in my reply.

#74 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by I_am_Warlock (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_warlock: Read my comments and the moderator above and learn how to do a proper debate,without being biased. Thanks

Yeah a bunch of deluded statement is all i see. You said craps like "he probably need more blood" totally ignoring that blood fuels his necrosword, the weapon he is bonded in. It was never a temporary boost. He keeps killing gods and getting more powerful with their blood.

And learn how to do a proper debate without being biased, are you freaking kidding me? I list a whole bunch of feats and even compared Darkseid's best feat against Gorr to give you a valid reason why Darkseid would get stomped. If you had actually put in an argument that was fine, you are just going to pretend i am being biased? I can guess why... but lets not get personal.

How exactly is Darkseid going to deal with the black army Gorr created out of his own powers?

How is Darkseid going to stop Gorr from creating a portal and sending him to say past or future. We saw Gorr pull a young Thor into the future and we actually see a planet filled with time displaced gods.

How is Darkseid going to deal with Gor pulling random serpent made of god blood in a fight, everything being his own creation.

Darkseid is outmatched.

Its not bias when i have given you a proper justification of my position.

#76 Posted by Bo88gdan (5453 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr.

#77 Posted by entropy_aegis (20910 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@matchesmalone21: How is pointing out Gorr's feats not being reasonable mate? I take you for a reasonable guy most of the time but here you're not living up to that. Busting a planet<manipulating an entire star and beating a Skyfather. Pretty sure there's a blatent edge between these two here that you seem to be ignoring.

Darkseid was casually holding boom tubes open though,I'd say a rip between universes is a lot more difficult to hold than a black hole.

@matchesmalone21 said:

Yeah a bunch of deluded statement is all i see. You said craps like "he probably need more blood" totally ignoring that blood fuels his necrosword, the weapon he is bonded in. It was never a temporary boost. He keeps killing gods and getting more powerful with their blood.

And learn how to do a proper debate without being biased, are you freaking kidding me? I list a whole bunch of feats and even compared Darkseid's best feat against Gorr to give you a valid reason why Darkseid would get stomped. If you had actually put in an argument that was fine, you are just going to pretend i am being biased? I can guess why... but lets not get personal.

How exactly is Darkseid going to deal with the black army Gorr created out of his own powers?

How is Darkseid going to stop Gorr from creating a portal and sending him to say past or future. We saw Gorr pull a young Thor into the future and we actually see a planet filled with time displaced gods.

How is Darkseid going to deal with Gor pulling random serpent made of god blood in a fight, everything being his own creation.

Darkseid is outmatched.

Its not bias when i have given you a proper justification of my position.

How's he gonna deal with his army? I dunno he shoots them with the beams.

How's he gonna deal with Gorr throwing him backwards or forwards in time? you're joking right? Darkseid can do that as well and better,Omega Sanction ftw.

#78 Edited by Freefa11 (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@lvenger said:

Darkseid was casually holding boom tubes open though,I'd say a rip between universes is a lot more difficult to hold than a black hole.

Uh, why? It's not like Boom Tubes are prone to destroying everything in the general vicinity. I'm just not really seeing how you arrive at such a comparison.

How's he gonna deal with Gorr throwing him backwards or forwards in time? you're joking right? Darkseid can do that as well and better,Omega Sanction ftw.

Has New 52 Darkseid demonstrated these powers? I don't think I've seen it. Even Pre-52 only time displaced other beings once or twice, and not very powerful ones, and not himself (well, in the distant future he once summoned a young version of himself, but I believe he needed a lot of tech and prep for that, not just something he pulled off on a whim).

Omega Sanction could count as a BFR, but so would time-displacing DS. This is assuming Gorr can't get himself out of it. I actually don't know much about the character; from his description, I wouldn't be surprised if dimensional travel is within his abilities, but I don't know for sure. Otherwise, he'll be "trapped" until he finds his way out, assuming he's smart or clever enough to do so.

Then again, I don't think the OS has bee tried against anyone of any appreciable power, so it may barely slow Gorr down.

#79 Posted by entropy_aegis (20910 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@lvenger said:

Uh, why? It's not like Boom Tubes are prone to destroying everything in the general vicinity. I'm just not really seeing how you arrive at such a comparison.

Has New 52 Darkseid demonstrated these powers? I don't think I've seen it. Even Pre-52 only time displaced other beings once or twice, and not very powerful ones, and not himself (well, in the distant future he once summoned a young version of himself, but I believe he needed a lot of tech and prep for that, not just something he pulled off on a whim).

Omega Sanction could count as a BFR, but so would time-displacing DS. This is assuming Gorr can't get himself out of it. I actually don't know much about the character; from his description, I wouldn't be surprised if dimensional travel is within his abilities, but I don't know for sure. Otherwise, he'll be "trapped" until he finds his way out, assuming he's smart or clever enough to do so.

Then again, I don't think the OS has bee tried against anyone of any appreciable power, so it may barely slow Gorr down.

Because the tubes as I pointed out are a hole between universes,and the only other person who was shown capable of holding one open through sheer strength alone was the First Born and he was struggling to do it,that guy was stronger than Orion,Wonder Woman and Lennox put together. So it makes him multiple times stronger than Superman who has held black holes.Holding the tubes open would not destroy anything in the vicinity but they will atomize anything inside completely.

Return of Bruce Wayne is canon though.

#80 Posted by Killemall (18972 posts) - - Show Bio

How's he gonna deal with his army? I dunno he shoots them with the beams.

Its actually a fair point from Warlock, the army was huge, created out of his god blood, each of them individually were giving Thor a run for his money. Collectively they even defeated King Thor.

No Caption Provided

Although thats sort of assuming he gets to create his armies first, we havent actually seen him create the them on his own. We know they are created by his black energy and we know there are thousands of them because every pantheon Thor finds slaughtered by Gorr he finds one of those thing left behind by Gorr to watch over it.

He however can seeming pull those in a fight if need be.

No Caption Provided

He hasnt shown that ability in new 52.

A little hazy on this, can Darkseid somehow travel back in time if Gorr sends him say in future or past, because Gorr can time travel, has Darkseid shown that ability?

#81 Posted by SC (18159 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be an unpopular thing to say, but Gorr is kind of really tricky character to use in Battles, because he had a weapon that made him more powerful the more he used it and the more gods he killed. In the issues he was in the character spanned thousands and thousands of years. The degree of difference in power that the character could potentially demonstrate would be akin to Iron Man living for thousands of years and continually adding technology to his suit in that period. This is why a young Gorr was unable to definitively and emphatically kill a young Thor but after hundreds and hundreds of gods later could face against three Thor's one of which was an All Father.

So even though Gorr was only around for 10 issues or so, he actually has a lot discrepancy with his powers than most characters. Helps distinguishing 'which' Gorr to use and even then it would be hard to actually measure the difference with objective reference points. That all being said I think it would take Gorr at his most powerful (near the end of the story arc he was in when he was facing against three Thor's including an experienced All Father Thor) to beat Darkseid. The younger versions of Gorr I can see struggling and losing.

Another weird thing about Gorr and his power, is considering how much power does he get when he kills a god? Does the approximate power of a god transfer to Gorr? Does it depend on how much 'blood' is shed? Does it permanently enhance Gorr or is it more of an energy boost? Did Gorr have the power of thousands and thousands of gods at Thor just managed to beat him by virtue of plot and disarming him? All was Gorr only a bit more powerful than one All Father and two gods? Really a lot ofd ambiguity here as far as what if's and maybe's. I kind of would like to see a Darkseid and Gorr team up buddy sitcom where they talk about how cruel they can and who is the cruelest. Maybe they order pizza and watch Dexter together.

#82 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (9488 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr.

#83 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Fair enough but as Killemall said, New 52 Darkseid hasn't shown the ability to use the Omega Sanction in the New 52. Regardless of Return of Bruce Wayne still being canon, it needs knowledge of the New Gods and Final Crisis to work. And the New Gods have only just been encountered by Wonder Woman, Superman, Power Girl and Huntress. So, as per usual, the New 52 continuity is hazy on that

@killemall When did Gorr show a voluntary ability to time travel? All he did was seize control of the time pools from the Time Lords of Chronux and use one of his black beserkers to send Young Thor into the far future.

#84 Posted by entropy_aegis (20910 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:I'm going with Return of Bruce Wayne being canon cause without it Batman INC wouldn't exist,so FC may not be in canon but Bruce's journey definitely is.So far that and the Great Darkness Saga have been shown to be in continuity.

@killemall: Interesting point about the army,would they really be considered a part of his normal power set or prep?

No Caption Provided

The energy of the OS makes it impenetrable.So once DS sends him time traveling Gorr isn't returning until it's finished it's course.

#85 Posted by TDK_1997 (18774 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr.

#86 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9488 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr

Avatar image for borisxthexblade
#87 Posted by borisxthexblade (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr only travels through time when he gets help from the time gods and then later when he uses his godbomb which was built around the same magic as the time gods pool. Its not an ability he possesses. That being said I would still give it to gorr, cuz hes like ridiculously powerful non the less.

#88 Posted by XxGin (1765 posts) - - Show Bio

PC Darkseid can stalemate.

#89 Posted by adhd_assassin (543 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry to bump, but how did gorr win this fight bit lose to n52 superman and another battle n52 wonder woman?

#90 Posted by WarBlade539 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry to bump, but how did gorr win this fight bit lose to n52 superman and another battle n52 wonder woman?

That looks like a job for...

No Caption Provided

#91 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: F*ck knows, fish finger cannon for all we know.

Round 2: anti-life equation

#92 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

@adhd_assassin: because these Gorr and Thanos epidemic of vs threads around here are nothing more than POPULARITY CONTESTS, fanboys excited and easily impressed by current stories where these two (Gorr and Thanos) looked bad ass as they beat down dumbed down versions of Marvel characters like Thor and BlackBolt among others.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
#93 Posted by homicidalmaniac (10895 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: No ALE for Round 2

No reason why not. It was a permanently acquired piece of knowledge at the end of pre-52 although if the reboot hadn't occurred it would have almost certainly been changed again by the next writer that used it.

#95 Posted by isaac_clarke (5991 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering New 52 Darkseid doesn't even have the feats to put him at the Silver Surfer's level of power. Gorr's going to demolish him.

Who said that? Because they're wrong.

@adhd_assassin: because these Gorr and Thanos epidemic of vs threads around here are nothing more than POPULARITY CONTESTS, fanboys excited and easily impressed by current stories where these two (Gorr and Thanos) looked bad ass as they beat down dumbed down versions of Marvel characters like Thor and BlackBolt among others.

Rate a Debater is a popularity contest, the Battle Forums aren't. Since most arguments end up being unresolved and going nowhere. Yeah I was easily impressed by Gorr defeating three Thor in a fight that easily more impressive than anything I've Darkseid do in decades.

#96 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Posted by TrueMoonchilde (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorr is a new character I don't know much about, but Thanos has a long long history of beating down extremely powerful characters.

Gorr and H'el seem to be the two flavor of the month characters right now.

#98 Posted by kidman560 (7638 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no evidence that Gorr would defeat Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Beams could erase Gorr from existence, time displace him or even send him to an alternate reality. Hell, Darkseid could even resurrect Gorr after killing him and then kill him again just for fun. Darkseid is not a run of the mill god, some nameless, no backstory shmuck. He is the ruler of Apokolips, has GENIUS LEVEL intelligence is immortal, and has gone toe to toe with Silver Surfer and Galactus in the same day! DARKSEID IS!!

i smell troll! plz provide scans that put Darkseid = to an Odin Force Thor?

#99 Edited by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke

Who said that? Because they're wrong.

It's based on Wonder Womans claim that her blades can cut atoms, we will find out if this is hyperbole or not in her fight against 52 Doomsday, if she is able to cut him with ease (most likely regenerate considering it's his first appearance) then that would give DS an obscene durability feat. That blade to the eye with little effect although I will there is a chance the Geoff wasn't aware it was suppose to do that.

Rate a Debater is a popularity contest, the Battle Forums aren't. Since most arguments end up being unresolved and going nowhere.

lol

Yeah I was easily impressed by Gorr defeating three Thor in a fight that easily more impressive than anything I've Darkseid do in decades.

He took over Earth in a way that's never been done in Marvel or DC and not been hand-waved away as if it never happened.

#100 Edited by oceanmaster21 (15389 posts) - - Show Bio

gorr round 1 darkseid round 2