#4  Edited By homicidalmaniac
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@homicidalmaniac:

gor might beat current Darkseid but pre 52 Darkseid kills him he is stronger and has way to versatile power set and the omega effect will end this quickly if Darkseid decides to.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr destroys pre Flashpoint and current Darkseid together.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Gorr has few showings, but those showings are enough to say that he is too much for the dark lord of Apokolips.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By comic_book_fan

@thundergodswrath:

all of his info compares him to a regular thor he just seems to have a knack for fighting gods.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@homicidalmaniac:

gor might beat current Darkseid but pre 52 Darkseid kills him he is stronger and has way to versatile power set and the omega effect will end this quickly if Darkseid decides to.

Ok lets gets the ball rolling :p hehe, i am just gonna play the devil's advocate:

1. Darkseid is stronger based on what? We have seen Darkseid physically match by Superman, we have seen Darkseid himself say Superman physically matches him, and Orion himself has done it on 3 occasions that i know of, he also got outright humbled by Doomsday, why would that so any inherent superiority against Gorr when the guy took on 3 Thors together, one of whom is meant to be a skyfather. Took a lightning that physically hurled him lightyears away in mere moments, yet he didnt get KO. Thor hit him so hard the planet was cracking and he took it with ease.

So why and how is Darkseid physically superior.

2. Darkseid is more versatile, i agree.

3. Omega effect will end this quickly? Based on what? When has Darkseid ever taken down a character of this magnitude. We have seen Superman withstand it on multiple occasions, Orion has done that once as well, so has Highfather, so has Mary Marvel, so has Doomsday, so has new god amped Jimmy Olsen, why would a guy who took on a skyfather and actually beat him despite him having back up, killed Elder Gods, slayed entire pantheons with ease, would struggle against Darkseid?

Also just a tad bit, Gorr isnt your traditional Thor villian, dont judge him based on that. He has thus far outright been the most powerful Thor solo villain (not considering Celestials, Galactus etc as actual Thor villians). I know we have an issue to go, but till now the dude seem outright scary powerful.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

@comic_book_fan said:

@homicidalmaniac:

Ok lets gets the ball rolling :p hehe, i am just gonna play the devil's advocate:

1. Darkseid is stronger based on what? We have seen Darkseid physically match by Superman, we have seen Darkseid himself say Superman physically matches him, and Orion himself has done it on 3 occasions that i know of, he also got outright humbled by Doomsday, why would that so any inherent superiority against Gorr when the guy took on 3 Thors together, one of whom is meant to be a skyfather. Took a lightning that physically hurled him lightyears away in mere moments, yet he didnt get KO. Thor hit him so hard the planet was cracking and he took it with ease.

So why and how is Darkseid physically superior.

2. Darkseid is more versatile, i agree.

3. Omega effect will end this quickly? Based on what? When has Darkseid ever taken down a character of this magnitude. We have seen Superman withstand it on multiple occasions, Orion has done that once as well, so has Highfather, so has Mary Marvel, so has Doomsday, so has new god amped Jimmy Olsen, why would a guy who took on a skyfather and actually beat him despite him having back up, killed Elder Gods, slayed entire pantheons with ease, would struggle against Darkseid?

Also just a tad bit, Gorr isnt your traditional Thor villian, dont judge him based on that. He has thus far outright been the most powerful Thor solo villain (not considering Celestials, Galactus etc as actual Thor villians). I know we have an issue to go, but till now the dude seem outright scary powerful.

How about Surtur? Anyways I agree.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Surtur? Anyways I agree.

I will be totally honestly, i so did not think about Surtur when i wrote that, i was thinking more about regular Thor villians like Mangog, Uroc, Destroyer Armour etc.

Surtur might actually be more powerful, but at least without the twilight sword that becomes debatable. With the Twilight Sword , yeah i'd agree Surtur is more powerful.

Glory might be another one. Dark Gods might also be a close contestants.

But i suppose they are about it.

P.S. Surtur is more like Odin enemy rather than Thor's, as its Odin who more often than not ends up fighting Surtur.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr would own darkseid so far

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImNemotheGemini

Another god falls to the darkness that is Gorr !

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something tells me that Gorr would go bloodlust if he found out who DS is and what he's done....

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something tells me that Gorr would go bloodlust if he found out who DS is and what he's done....

I think the opposite, Darkseid used to go around killing gods; they'd probably share stories of the gods they've killed.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: he's killing more than just gods, Gorr hates gods for being cruel to mortals, and DS is as cruel as they come (he trained orphans to die for him).

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Gorr couldn't even kill a young, inexperienced, Thor, who didn't even have Mjolnir at the time. Gorr killed a whole bunch of nobody gods to hype him up for Thor. DARKSEID wrecks!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Gorr couldn't even kill a young, inexperienced, Thor, who didn't even have Mjolnir at the time. Gorr killed a whole bunch of nobody gods to hype him up for Thor. DARKSEID wrecks!

Gorr defeated Thor Force Thor, Current Thor and Young Thor at the same time

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gorr kills another god.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: no he didn't... Thor still lives. Gorr is all hyperbole, a real good villain for a specific story arc. Darkseid is the man! One of DC's greatest super villains.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: no he didn't... Thor still lives. Gorr is all hyperbole, a real good villain for a specific story arc. Darkseid is the man! One of DC's greatest super villains.

Gorr didn't attempt to kill them directly, he defeated them and left them alive.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: sure! Yea. Look I like Gorr but he doesn't have enough feats on record to be deemed a Darkseid killer. Call me when Gorr kills a god that is 'somebody' in the Marvel universe.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There is a difference between defeating and killing.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By patrat18

@killemall: agreed Darkseid still wins tho, but one thing i want to know were was zues,poseidon,hades when gorr was killing the gods? did gorr kill them to because king thor said he was the only god left that wasen't in slavery.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@blackdog2009: One of the Thors that Gorr beat was on Skyfather level and I recall Gorr killed a Elder Of The Universe.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spiderbuck1

Gorr.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Its Thor series, they only focused on Asgardians, they do that all the time... so yeah Zeus and Hercules where playing patty-cake when that happened.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Its Thor series, they only focused on Asgardians, they do that all the time... so yeah Zeus and Hercules where playing patty-cake when that happened.

It did focus other gods though, he could have killed them throughout the time between Modern Thor's and Thor Force Thor's time period

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gorr slays

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr has few showings, but those showings are enough to say that he is too much for the dark lord of Apokolips.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no evidence that Gorr would defeat Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Beams could erase Gorr from existence, time displace him or even send him to an alternate reality. Hell, Darkseid could even resurrect Gorr after killing him and then kill him again just for fun. Darkseid is not a run of the mill god, some nameless, no backstory shmuck. He is the ruler of Apokolips, has GENIUS LEVEL intelligence is immortal, and has gone toe to toe with Silver Surfer and Galactus in the same day! DARKSEID IS!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Gorr stomps pretty handily. Someone who can take on an Odin Force Thor who's had thousands of years to learn how to wield it along with a modern Thor (who's a planet busting powerhouse in his own right) and a younger Thor who's pretty powerful is not someone Darkseid can handle. Either in his Pre or Post New 52 incarnations.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am not so shure about new 52 darkseid but i think Gorr can defeat pretty easily the pre-52 version of dd.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: He can beat the New 52 Darkseid easily. Soloing the League is nothing too special. That's all New 52 Darkseid has done, soloed an inexperienced and arguably less powerful version of the League.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GORR!!!!!

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009:

Not cannon, and in the story he beat surfer but had to back down from big g. Also the ow can't erase people who are near or on DS level

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll tentatively back Gorr, from what I've heard.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DrunkVader
BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr (see all the arguments above)

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr for both rounds.

Yes Gorr couldn't beat Young Thor in the beginning, but he grew in power and by the end of the arc, he was showing a lot of power. He took a lot from the Thors, and one of them was a sky father as well as high herald Thor. He had high durability and power to knock all three out. Darkseid is strong but Gorr is out of his league.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: ...maybe you are right about Gorr defeating even pre-52 darkseid,he is really a beast. Still i think that DD defeating the whole league in a single blast was awesome and impressive. For shure they were not koed for a long time...and for shure that blast could not kill even batman...and for shure he couldn't replicate such a feat later in the fight...but ( at least at the beginning) he has koed ALL of them without trying.

However ,yes, Gorr takes both the rounds. I am not too inclined to say he can defeat even the new DD (since we still don't know much about him), but for now he tops him in every way.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr wins this. I don't see Darkseid manipulating whole star, fighting there with 3 other beings who can survive there and win.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: Yeah Darkseid has started off with better feats but Gorr manipulated an entire freaking star in battle. I don't see how Darkseid can top that.