Goro vs. Bane

xmenhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xmenhulk
   Morals off No prep  Location - UFC Ring Who wins and why?
   Morals off No prep  Location - UFC Ring Who wins and why?
No Caption Provided
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jackofspades

bane stomps

Dogofwarorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dogofwarorion

Bane, he is way smarter

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sideslash

Comics Bane wins

Movie Bane would probably lose.

iamthewolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iamthewolf88

Bane

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NeonGameWave

Bane.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

If this is movie Goro, Bane wins. Normal Goro dominates Bane in cqc.

Any Goro can contend with bane on an intelectual level.

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkelf35

I could see goro taking this

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mypasswordis1234

I am going with Goro(if game or comic version).

CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CountofMC

Considering this is a no prep h2h fight any version of Goro should win. He's as strong or stronger than Bane. He has two extra arms to work with and he has a projectile attack so he can fight from a distance as well.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@CountofMC said:

Considering this is a no prep h2h fight any version of Goro should win. He's as strong or stronger than Bane. He has two extra arms to work with and he has a projectile attack so he can fight from a distance as well.

Goro's strength are the only factors here. His projectiles attacks are easily dodgeable by someone as skilled as Bane and ektra arms will probabl be more of a handicap than a plus. Bane is a better fighter than Goro by far.
CountofMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CountofMC

Bane probably wouldnt have too much trouble dodging a projectile but you're really stretching it to say Goro's extra limbs are a handicap. I also don't see how Bane is a better fighter, or at least much better. They're both highly trained fighters. It's not like Goro is just mindlessly using brute strength in his fights.

Also, sorry, I didn't mean to send a private message lol.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Dudes, this is clearly movie versions based on the OP.

Goro, despite beating a bunch of fodder in the film, became a total chump when he faced off against Johnny Cage. All of Cage's strikes fazed him and a strike to the head even knocked him over. Bane's speed, skill and strength should definitely suffice in taking Goro down. It could be interesting, but he just doesn't have the feats to support taking Bane down IMHO.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@CountofMC said:

Bane probably wouldnt have too much trouble dodging a projectile but you're really stretching it to say Goro's extra limbs are a handicap. I also don't see how Bane is a better fighter, or at least much better. They're both highly trained fighters. It's not like Goro is just mindlessly using brute strength in his fights.

Also, sorry, I didn't mean to send a private message lol.

Maybe if we were talking about the Bane from Arkham Asylum you'd have a point but Bane from the films is a far better fighter than Goro from the films. He also doesn't have the durability to stand up to Bane. His strength is pretty good but he's big and slow.
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dondave

Bane

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By onilordasmodeus

If both of these are movie verisons I can see it going either way. DK Bane was great but he was the 'big guy' in that movie...and he isn't as big as Goro. Also, the only reason JC was able to get advantage on Goro in the MK movie was because:

1) Goro was cocky

2) JC ran out of the ring to a predetermined spot and suprised him (JC had prep)

In a cage with little manuverability, Bane is going to have to go through Goro, and Goro has the reach, hieght, and strength advantage on him. Still, it could be a good fight.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Journal

Goro stomps.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@onilordasmodeus said:

If both of these are movie verisons I can see it going either way. DK Bane was great but he was the 'big guy' in that movie...and he isn't as big as Goro. Also, the only reason JC was able to get advantage on Goro in the MK movie was because:

1) Goro was cocky

2) JC ran out of the ring to a predetermined spot and suprised him (JC had prep)

In a cage with little manuverability, Bane is going to have to go through Goro, and Goro has the reach, hieght, and strength advantage on him. Still, it could be a good fight.

Even after the initial element of surprise, it's clear Cage's strikes hurt Goro and his speed really left a lot to be desired in the film. IMHO Bane has the speed, strength and skill required to counter Goro's size and strength.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer
@onilordasmodeus said:

1) Goro was cocky

Don't forget the nutshot, its important! I wanna say Goro also underestimated JC, but that could just go with him being cocky too.
Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Journal

@k4tzm4n said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

1) Goro was cocky

Even after the initial element of surprise, it's clear Cage's strikes hurt Goro and his speed really left a lot to be desired in the film. IMHO Bane has the speed, strength and skill required to counter Goro's size and strength.

Well based on the OP they're fighting in a ring and Johnny only hurt Goro in that situation because he did the splits and hit Goro hard in the groins which would hurt any guy and not only that, Cage took off running and waiting on an edge of a Mountain where he kicked Goro off the Mountain at. Based on the OP they arent fighting there. Now if Cage didnt take off running like he did in the movie, he wouldnt of lasted against Goro. I don't see How Bane from the films has any strength or anything to compare to how big and strong Goro is. besides the fact he broke Batmans back with i'm sure Goro also has plenty of strength to do.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Journal

@onilordasmodeus said:

1) Goro was cocky

Very true because because when Shang Stung start putting Goro in matches again it showed Goro taking out atleast 5 or 6 guys all together and when he faught Art Lean Goro smacked him aroun with ease and Art Lean was a Black belt. dont know what degree and style though and Goro murdered him!

Johnny kinda did have prep because after hitting Goro in the groins, he hid on the edge of that Mountain and when Goro showed up, Johnny unexpectively said " Those were $500.00 Sunglasses ******** " and Goro looked at him and Johnny kicked him in the face and then in the Solar Plex which knocked Goro on his rear end and then Johnny kicked him off the Mountain. After the hit in the groins Goro i'm sure was in alot of pain ( even though he didnt express it ) cause when you get hit down there. It will give you atleast an hours worth of a belly ache. I'm sure Goro was still in pain even though it looked like he recovered from it during the Mountain scene. JC hitting him in the Solar Plex probably made it an even bigger stomach ache which explains why Goro fell on his rear and Johnny was able to take advantage and kick him off the Mountain. So yes JC did have prep kind of.

During Cages convo with Sonya just before the fight, Sonya told him that Goro was never beaten and Goro would kill him. Johnny Cage told Sonya " I have a Plan. " So yeah That plan talk shows Johnny already had these ideas in his mind. Theirs nothing either to suggest that Banes as smart as JC was to come up with such an idea.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By onilordasmodeus

I'd add to my previous comment that in that JC vs Goro fight, Goro left himself wide open for that nut-punch to begin with too. He said wanted to end the fight in one shot; JC took advantage.

@k4tzm4n said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

1) Goro was cocky

Though I agree that Bane has enough going for him to contend with Goro on the levels of skill and overall speed, in a heads up battle he's still in at a big disadvantage due to Goro's ability to block and counter at the same time, as well as that his strength is much higher than Bane's.

Also, in the JC vs Goro fight you referenced, JC's hits (he only landed 3 after the nut punch) didn't really do any damage to Goro at all. The total fight lasted like 4 seconds because JC suprised him, positioned him, and knocked him off a cliff. His attacks only served to push Goro back.

Just for reference, here's the first Bane/Batman fight in DK...

Now, I'm not going to say that Art Lean would be on Bane's level (I'm really, really not), but that fight in the movie would be more along the lines of what Bane would be up against. It took place in a confined area, and Art had no choice but to go in. Goro vs Art...

Another thing is that Bane has a glaring weakness, his face. Bane's face mask stood up to Batman's punches, but a punch from Goro is a different thing all together.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Journal:

Bane definately has the witts to concoct a plan to take down Goro; if JC can do so can Bane. But that's not the question.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Journal

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Journal:

Bane definately has the witts to concoct a plan to take down Goro; if JC can do so can Bane. But that's not the question.

Well Bane beat Batman easy in a Random Encounter fight. Now when Batman was prepared to fight Bane in the end, Bane wasnt expecting to fight Bats kinda like Bats wasnt expected to fight him during the balcony scene when Batgirl or whoever she was led Batman to Bain.

Even if Bane beats Goro it is not an easy fight. The scene before Goro faught Art Lean showed Goro taking down multiple people at once and Bane never showed to do that in film. Which is kind of a feat Goro does have over Bane. I am not saying Bane couldnt do it either, but its unknown since he never showed it in the movie.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'll just make a general reply to avoid clustered quoting.

RE: Goro blocking/countering at the same time

Yes, we can speculate he can do that effectively, but the only time he did was when he caught both of Art's fists, and as we know, Art was beyond fatigued and beaten at that point. Earlier, he blocked the two kicks and then waited for a follow-up. Against Cage, he blocked strikes but didn't use his other arms to follow through. So yes, we can speculate he can do that, but unless he catches both of Bane's fists (certainly a possibility), I just don't see that happening due to a lack of evidence.

RE: Goro's strength vs. Bane's mask

Bane's mask is a tough thing to talk about. It held up to plenty of blunt force from Wayne and ultimately required cutting damage (from the gauntlets) to severe the tubes. While Goro is intended to be strong, Art did hold up to a fair amount of his attacks -- not well, but he did. Bane's durability means he should be able to perform and compose himself much better when Goro lands attacks of his own. Bane obviously won't stand there and go unfazed, but it'll take a fair amount to drop him.

RE: Goro's durability

He held up against a chest kick from Art, but his fight against Cage takes away any impressive durability we can speculate about. Yes, Cage did indeed ambush him on the cliff, but each one of those strikes did faze Goro. You hear him groan and react accordingly with each one -- he doesn't just stand there and go unfazed. He's even knocked over by one -- which you know leads to his literal downfall (har, har).

Simply put: movie Goro has potential if we speculate about it, but at the end of the day, his feats are definitely lackluster to me. His most impressive showing is a montage of beating dudes (we have no idea how skilled they truly are) and taking down Art... an allegedly skilled dude who couldn't even react at all to Goro's first strike -- and he's clearly not an impressively fast character in the film. I'm just not impressed with movie Goro and I absolutely believe Bane's skill and speed will suffice in eventually dropping the big guy. But hey, maybe we'll get lucky and have an awesome version of Goro in the upcoming season of Legacy!

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nick_hero22

Bane should take this, I'm not impressed by Goro's strength and combat showings.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@k4tzm4n:

I Agree.

And sadly Goro won't be in MK Legacy 2 if the interviews I've listened to are correct. Though it would be awsome if he were in.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Bane due to his superior intellect

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@onilordasmodeus said:

@k4tzm4n:

I Agree.

And sadly Goro won't be in MK Legacy 2 if the interviews I've listened to are correct. Though it would be awsome if he were in.

Could I get a link? I haven't watched any interviews for it, just the trailer. And I'm surprised to see Kang is apparently evil?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Stronger

@k4tzm4n said:

Dudes, this is clearly movie versions based on the OP.

Goro, despite beating a bunch of fodder in the film, became a total chump when he faced off against Johnny Cage. All of Cage's strikes fazed him and a strike to the head even knocked him over. Bane's speed, skill and strength should definitely suffice in taking Goro down. It could be interesting, but he just doesn't have the feats to support taking Bane down IMHO.

Agreed.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@k4tzm4n:

The link below is to an interview with Larnel Stovall, the fight choreographer on Legacy 1 and 2, and he did the choreography for Undisputed 3 as well (just FYI). This particular interview is all over the place with questioning (it's free form and done by fans) but if you watch/listen to the whole thing you get a lot of tidbits of info on the old and new MKL seasons, as well as a bunch of other stuff he's done.

The interview starts at about 24 mins, and goes for an hour and half or so...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmF-U77Lhzc

There are other interview done by the same group of guys with MKL2's Stryker and Shang Tsung, as well as last seasons Cyrax and Sektor that give more info as well (just look on their page), but the one I linked to is the one I remember the most about.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If bane without venom. Goro wins this with ease but with venom it will be a tough fight but eventually Bane because he is more durable .

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL that people are siding with Bane.

Goro FTW

Lexj7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lexj7

Goro would kill him.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bane.

Bluestar27910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro FTW

Overall rating
mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane is pretty , so he wins !

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie versions eh? TDKR Bane could win this.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

LOL that people are siding with Bane.

Goro FTW

Why not? Bane is atleast as strong with venom

xeno12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie goro looses but game or comic goro would kick any version of banes ass

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jueix

Goro.

akzarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comics Bane wins

Movie Bane would probably lose.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's the movie version's probably Bane, let's not forget how garbage the MK movies were and Goro wasn't very impressive. If it's comics/games though I'd give it to Goro, he's likely more durable and stronger, plus he can just grab bane and then use his dragon breath

Abcd1234567891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Bane wins, he has way more feats and he's likely stronger

Movie Bane will probably lose TBH