• Who wins?
Avatar image for deactivated-610a41edded34
deactivated-610a41edded34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leopards already prey on silverbacks in wild

also

" Morals on "

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60e83b05b2e4d
deactivated-60e83b05b2e4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animal face of gave clear cut victory to gorilla

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopard.

Avatar image for ihatehstanimeok
IHateHSTAnimeOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopards are the most overrated big cats in the planet. They are weak. They cant even drag small puppies up trees. Those people saying Leopards have killed Gorillas have to be lying.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ihatehstanimeok:

I don’t know if this is sarcasm, but can’t leopards drag antelope into trees?

OT: Silverback more times than not.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SAR_Annihilator

@ihatehstanimeok said:

Leopards are the most overrated big cats in the planet. They are weak. They cant even drag small puppies up trees. Those people saying Leopards have killed Gorillas have to be lying.

Leopards are not overrated. Thats just you either hating or not understanding the animal to the fullest. Like other Felines/Big Cats, They are extremely robust and well-rounded for LBS for LBS fighting. They are also the most adaptable of all the big cats. Can't even drag animals like small puppies? You sure you arent trolling here?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Statistical facts and evidence never lie. They can climb as high as 50 feet (15 meters) up a tree while holding a fresh kill in its mouth, even one larger and heavier than themselves. The first GIF clearly shows to that to you when its ambushing and successfully killing an Impala (Can weight up from 90-170 lbs) and dragging it up the tree. The next GIF now shows you what happens after he got his kill. After the Leopard dragged the full grown impala up the tree, A Hyena decides to come and try to snatch it but the Leopard insisted. They then engaged in a Tug Of War and the Leopard was literally hanging on to it while the Hyena was hanging Off from it and twisting onto the impala, which was hanging in the leopard's jaws. Hyenas can literally weight up to 150 lbs max (Females)! That tells you right there that Leopards have extreme neck muscles and and the strength to pull it off. So im just going to go ahead and say that you were just joking with the whole "Leopards cant even carry puppies up trees" Because you can clearly see here it being able to carry up a 120 lbs animal plus hanging onto it from another animal that weights over 120 lbs while its the one up in the tree.

If researchers and experts who have more knowledge than either of us have come to the conclusion that Leopards can be and have been successful at killing Gorillas then there is nothing we can do about it to debunk it.

I cant find my links to all the sources were all the reports were it has been confirmed of these encounters and incidents. I'll find them soon and post them. Until then, I hope this changes your view on Leopards from being "weak"

Avatar image for kingofolympuszz
KingOfOlympusZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, DAMN! I never knew Leopards were this powerful. That is some impressive shit right there. That def aint overrated.

OT: 50/50

ITACHI_IS_GAWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ihatehstanimeok:

I don’t know if this is sarcasm, but can’t leopards drag antelope into trees?

OT: Silverback more times than not.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xMangog__Beastx

Am I seeing this correctly, because that Hyena is literally off the ground grabbing onto the Impala with the Leopard hanging on from a tree. THATS POWER!!!!!!

OT: If the Leopard plays it right, it would beat the Gorilla.

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

Avatar image for nabu_uni_zatara
Nabu_UNI_Zatara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did this dude really just say that Leopards cant carry small dogs up trees? What a clown.

Leopard wins

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EternalDarkFury

@bigmoistjunior Kind of unusual to see you make animal fights, Big moist lol. Leopard wins due to its agility and striking in effective areas. Gorillas dont fight the way people think they do

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkyoda said:

animal face of gave clear cut victory to gorilla

Worst show ever!

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ad4b968f6fd
deactivated-60ad4b968f6fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite big cat! I love the Leopard.

Not sure if it can win but if its true that there have been reports of them killing them then its honestly could go either way!

Avatar image for amnotcharizard2
amnotcharizard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By amnotcharizard2

Honestly, could go either way, if it's an ambush, Leopard wins, if it's a face to face, Gorilla wins, Leopard could win too.

Avatar image for jormungandr-jay
Jormungandr-Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, could go either way, if it's an ambush, Leopard wins, if it's a face to face, Gorilla wins, Leopard could win too.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lepord, lepords regularly fold gorillas in the wild and regularly hunt them

Adi_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopards are killing machines. Contrary to popular belief, Gorillas are pretty shit at killing. In fact, they beat shit up like a madmen rather than trying to kill it as fast as possible. Unlike leopards who would waste 0 time in trying to overpower something and go straight for a vital hit. They are more agile as well. The leopard will go straight for the gorillas neck and kill it. Though the Gorilla does have chances where it can also win, but the leopard takes a comfortable majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41ad42f50
deactivated-610a41ad42f50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't there reports of gorillas being regularly hunted and killed by leopards?

Avatar image for deactivated-6492584c7b507
deactivated-6492584c7b507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternaldarkfury said:

@bigmoistjunior Kind of unusual to see you make animal fights, Big moist lol. Leopard wins due to its agility and striking in effective areas. Gorillas dont fight the way people think they do

Gotta try something new than the old comic and anime threads. A bit of versatility is nice.

Avatar image for uxasgodoflordsz
UxasGodOfLordsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopard

Avatar image for amnotcharizard2
amnotcharizard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By amnotcharizard2

Oh yeah isn't there a guy who killed a Leopard with his bare hands?

OT: Im siding with the Leopard here, although it could go either way, Leopards evolved to hunt primates, they will generally leap and bite at the back of the skull/bite to the throat, a consistent weakness in primates.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopards kill adult silverback gorillas at night-time by sneaking up and giving a bite to the neck or a bite to the throat. Leopards have far far better night-time vision than gorillas so the gorillas are at a disadvantage at night-time. It's annoying when people on Youtube underestimate leopards just because of their size, they are no pushovers. Leopards prefer to use ambush and sneaking tactics to hunt prey rather than head-on fighting and hunting. Leopards are also cunning and are intelligent. I think gorillas and leopards have the same intelligence but I think leopards are more cunning at looking for an opportunity to seek and exploit a weak spot in the opponent's armour and then attack that weak spot (since they are predators). I respect leopards more than lions because leopards work solo like tigers instead of relying on teamwork like lions, hyenas and wolves. Leopards are very agile, very fast and can lift prey about two times to three times as heavy as them all the way up trees. There is a video of a leopard holding its own against four lionesses by using an MMA style of ground fighting by avoiding the show of its neck to the lionesses. The leopard even managed to give a bloody nose to one of the lionesses when she came in too close. If the fight is in daytime and the leopard is facing the silverback gorilla face to face then perhaps the leopard would flee because of the gorilla's bigger mass and size and because leopards will choose to avoid confrontations where even the slightest risk of injury could occur since that injury could prevent the leopard from hunting as well again and for other reasons. If the leopard is backed into a corner by a silverback and there is no escape then the leopard will probably fight back, because it is forced to fight back, and then I think the leopard would win in that scenario because of its higher agility, sharp claws and sharp canines. Gorillas can easily bleed if a leopard claws their skin. It's not easy to say who would win in a fight between these two because either animal could naturally flee because of the weighing up of the circumstances. Animals fight against each other to the death when they are forced to by humans e.g. the animal fights in the Colosseum. The Colosseum fights are not natural fights though and are man-made fights in a way so I don't think Colosseum fights apply to OP's scenario. Yes, I do know that silverback gorillas are no joke, they have huge strength and they have a mass advantage against leopards. Also, when silverback gorillas fight each other it is vicious fighting. Silverback gorillas have sharp teeth too. Gorillas also have a higher bite force than leopards. I think this fight has been done before on Comic Vine, I might be wrong. I think there was a man-made fight where a black panther (leopard) killed a silverback in an enclosed area but the report was made decades ago and the report may not be very unreliable because sensationalism could've been involved. I might be wrong, but I think the leopard wins.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopards are killing machines. Contrary to popular belief, Gorillas are pretty shit at killing. In fact, they beat shit up like a madmen rather than trying to kill it as fast as possible. Unlike leopards who would waste 0 time in trying to overpower something and go straight for a vital hit. They are more agile as well. The leopard will go straight for the gorillas neck and kill it. Though the Gorilla does have chances where it can also win, but the leopard takes a comfortable majority.

I agree with this assessment of yours

GGtinyPP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a reason why this hasnt been done before, its a missmatch the leopard one shots the gorilla in like 3 seconds, Gorillas do not fight like humans fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-6492584c7b507
deactivated-6492584c7b507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorilla

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By ProteusXManRxis
Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. There have been reports of leopards hunting and killing gorillas:

Local pygmies say that leopards hunt gorillas and adult male gorilla remains are found in leopard scat

The toe of an 11 year old male gorilla is found in leopard scat. An 11 year old male is just about mature too, as they become silverbacks at around age 12

A leopard likely killed two silverbacks, one in good health, and a blackback. All of these would be male gorillas

A silverback's stomach was torn open in a battle against a leopard. Said leopard went on to kill a young female and several other gorillas. It's worth noting that while the leopard attacked at night, its ambush quite clearly failed since the pair of them tumbled down a hill before the gorilla's carcass came to a rest. Here's another account of the very same attack

More gorilla toes and a mention that the leopard in the above account made a habit of killing gorillas

This is the only account of a silverback killing a leopard, and it dies in the process of doing so

A leopard attacks a male gorilla in broad daylight, is thrown off, and proceeds to hunt down the gorilla for quite some time until deciding to give up. This shows just how terrified gorillas are of leopards that despite it being broad daylight and having the cat face to face, the ape chooses to flee in panic for a long time rather than intimidate the leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah lol, gorilla are in the potential food chain of leopards

which kind of defeats the entire point of the thread

Avatar image for deactivated-61004e5b0554f
deactivated-61004e5b0554f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhorse15 said:

yeah lol, gorilla are in the potential food chain of leopards

which kind of defeats the entire point of the thread

No it doesnt. Leopards rarely succeed in killing the Ape so this thread aint defeated by a long shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black-iced-crew:

No it doesnt.

no, it most certainly does

Leopards rarely succeed in killing the Ape

scientific data quashes your argument from rarity fallacy

so this thread aint defeated by a long shot.

no, it most definitely is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black-iced-crew:

No it doesnt.

Leopards rarely succeed in killing the Ape

scientific data quashes your argument from rarity fallacy

so this thread aint defeated by a long shot.

no, it most definitely is

Again no it doesnt. Arguments can be made which I will be willing to do.

Scientific data is one thing. Actual results is another

Nope. Alot of people on here are saying that the Gorilla wins so if this thread was defeated then everyone would have said the Leopard wins which isnt he case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black-iced-crew: The majority of the people here are saying the leopard wins, and there's evidence of leopards hunting and killing gorillas.

Chungus5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leopard slaughters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpopo said:

@black-iced-crew: The majority of the people here are saying the leopard wins, and there's evidence of leopards hunting gorillas.

The evidence you pulled up is decent Po, but certainly outdated. Hunting is different from killing. Leopards simply dont have the strength and will to kill a gorilla.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black-iced-crew:

Again no it doesnt.

Arguments can be made which I will be willing to do.

you've yet to do anything other than post fallacies

Scientific data is one thing. Actual results is another

quantifiable data > your opinion

Nope. Alot of people on here are saying that the Gorilla wins so if this thread was defeated then everyone would have said the Leopard wins which isnt he case.

appeal to consensus fallacy isn't a real argument nor proof of anything

Avatar image for deactivated-60bc436ce52fe
deactivated-60bc436ce52fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpopo said:

@black-iced-crew: The majority of the people here are saying the leopard wins, and there's evidence of leopards hunting gorillas.

The evidence you pulled up is decent Po, but certainly outdated. Hunting is different from killing. Leopards simply dont have the strength and will to kill a gorilla.

Idiot. Evidence is literally right in front of you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black-iced-crew:

The evidence you pulled up is decent Po

so your debate strategy is to handwave quantifiable data?

Hunting is different from killing. Leopards simply dont have the strength and will to kill a gorilla.

Loading Video...