Gorilla Grodd Stump

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Storm should win here. She has a resistance to psychic attacks. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Um couldn't she just hit him with a lightning bolt and be done with it, 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By entropy_aegis
@joshmightbe said:
"Um couldn't she just hit him with a lightning bolt and be done with it,  "

Not sure if it's within her morals to hit some random gorilla with a bolt,he on the otherhand will have no problem mentally assaulting her.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Manchine
@joshmightbe said:
" Um couldn't she just hit him with a lightning bolt and be done with it,  "
Since Gorilla Grodd has taken hits from superman.  I don't think a lighting bolt is gonna put him down.  Although 1 mental blast will put her down.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By YoungGunna
@Manchine said:
" @joshmightbe said:
Since Gorilla Grodd has taken hits from superman.  I don't think a lighting bolt is gonna put him down.  Although 1 mental blast will put her down. "
True, but I dont Know if his tp is strong enough to get her psychic resistance
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Manchine
@YoungGunna said:
" @Manchine said:
" @joshmightbe said:
Since Gorilla Grodd has taken hits from superman.  I don't think a lighting bolt is gonna put him down.  Although 1 mental blast will put her down. "
True, but I dont Know if his tp is strong enough to get her psychic resistance "
Personally she has no chance.  One telepathy bolt and thats it.  She has no real resistance to psychic attacks.  She has a small resistance to being controlled but that is it.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Skaddix
@Manchine: no it wont. then she suffocates him.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Manchine said:
" @YoungGunna said:
" @Manchine said:
" @joshmightbe said:
True, but I dont Know if his tp is strong enough to get her psychic resistance "
Personally she has no chance.  One telepathy bolt and thats it.  She has no real resistance to psychic attacks.  She has a small resistance to being controlled but that is it. "
Not entirely correct. Storm has beaten off/hurt some of the most powerful telepaths in the Marvel universe.

Do you have any feats for Grodd?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Manchine said:
" @YoungGunna said:
" @Manchine said:
" @joshmightbe said:
Personally she has no chance.  One telepathy bolt and thats it.  She has no real resistance to psychic attacks.  She has a small resistance to being controlled but that is it. "
Not entirely correct. Storm has beaten off/hurt some of the most powerful telepaths in the Marvel universe.

Do you have any feats for Grodd? "

Zoom would i guess.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Isnt Grodd a very powerful telekinetic too? I say Storm has the best chance here, if Grodd goes for a mindrape, Storm has natural defenses for his TP, and if he tries to TK rip her in half, she has a shot at frying him, flash freezing or something before it happens.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungGunna
@god_spawn said:
" Isnt Grodd a very powerful telekinetic too? I say Storm has the best chance here, if Grodd goes for a mindrape, Storm has natural defenses for his TP, and if he tries to TK rip her in half, she has a shot at frying him, flash freezing or something before it happens. "
I believe he can manipulate matter also
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Zoom
@Son Of Storm said:
"Storm has beaten off/hurt some of the most powerful telepaths in the Marvel universe."
Scans plz.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By EpitomeofCool

storm can stay out of range from his physical attacks and stomp him with lighting...

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Zoom said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
"Storm has beaten off/hurt some of the most powerful telepaths in the Marvel universe."
Scans plz. "
Lol I was just about to PM you.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stormultt

Storm should win here being out of range unless she just stays in one place in the sky and allows him to jump on her but even then she could make a move with lightning quickly.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zoom
@SoS

It looks like Storm's actually losing that first fight against the War Skrull, despite her words.  Sage's glasses weren't a telepathic attack.  Rachel was psychologically damaged in some of those scans because she was devolved into a dinosaur person (which I won't pretend made sense but lets just roll with it).  Generally, though, I don't see the ability to resist telepaths altogether so much as the ability to resist telepaths for long enough to fire off a lightning bolt.

That said, this is all Storm really needs because as tough as Grodd is, I haven't seen any reason to believe he could tank a lightning bolt.  It might even take two lightning bolts to beat him but the first is gonna knock the wind out of him and leave him wide open for the second.

Storm should win, here.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Zoom

It looks like Storm's actually losing that first fight against the War Skrull, despite her words.

The point of the scan was to show that it wont be game over for Storm if she is just hit with a psi bolt. And War Skrull does comment on how strong her will is and that she may overcome the assault given time.

Sage's glasses weren't a telepathic attack.

It was the Fury trying to take over her mind via the glasses.

Rachel was psychologically damaged in some of those scans because she was devolved into a dinosaur person (which I won't pretend made sense but lets just roll with it). 

But that didn't effect her power one bit. If anything it made her bloodlusted which pushed her to the limit.

Generally, though, I don't see the ability to resist telepaths altogether so much as the ability to resist telepaths for long enough to fire off a lightning bolt.

Willpower and electricity in the brain.
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@god_spawn said:
" Isnt Grodd a very powerful telekinetic too? I say Storm has the best chance here, if Grodd goes for a mindrape, Storm has natural defenses for his TP, and if he tries to TK rip her in half, she has a shot at frying him, flash freezing or something before it happens. "
This
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scarbearer

Grodd has taken hits from Superman.  Been hit by the Flash with such velocity that he landed 3 states away, and got up and shock it off after landing.  Dr. Alchemy once turned all the blood in his body to Formaldehyde and he just /gets better/ instead of dying.  Grodd has some crazy durability feats, easily on par with just about anyone in Marvel that's not a cosmic character.  It's going to take more than few Lighting Bolts to KO Grodd,  Storm can keep her distance but the question is can she KO him before he breaks through her mental defenses, and I doubt that she can, but I will admit that I'm not that familiar with her 'mental defense' I've never read any stories where it was an issue peronsally.    Also if this is in Wakanda he can mind control the Wakanda military to shoot her in the back while she's trying to KO him.  He's got a lot more options than people realize.

RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RightScar
@scarbearer said:

" Grodd has taken hits from Superman.  Been hit by the Flash with such velocity that he landed 3 states away, and got up and shock it off after landing.  Dr. Alchemy once turned all the blood in his body to Formaldehyde and he just /gets better/ instead of dying.  Grodd has some crazy durability feats, easily on par with just about anyone in Marvel that's not a cosmic character.  It's going to take more than few Lighting Bolts to KO Grodd,  Storm can keep her distance but the question is can she KO him before he breaks through her mental defenses, and I doubt that she can, but I will admit that I'm not that familiar with her 'mental defense' I've never read any stories where it was an issue peronsally.    Also if this is in Wakanda he can mind control the Wakanda military to shoot her in the back while she's trying to KO him.  He's got a lot more options than people realize. "

You know all the feats you just named characters like Batman,Wildcat and other street levelers have similar ones? Do you realize that because of the lack of consistency that they aren't feats that you can use in a battle forum.A lightning bolt from Storm would destroy Grodd easily.Storm could also just flash freeze him and not bother fighting him at all.She has way more options than he does.She controls the weather.Any weather pattern at it's peak will completely eff Grodd's day up.She's been able to hurt far more powerfuldurable characters.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

how dose storm have TP resistance?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock

Nightwing physically beat Grodd to a pulp once.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scarbearer
@RightScar:  Ok other than Batman or Wildcat getting the occasional pulled punch (IE not intended to kill them) from Supers, have either of them ever survived the impacted of being launched somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 500 miles and surviving the impact.  Wildcat only could through using one of his 'lives.'  Also in the previous scans where Storm is 'resisting' TP She doesn't seem to be operating at her full capability.  Grodd's been able to put a mental smack down the Flash before he can react.  Even if she can resist it for awhile, I don't see how Storm is going to be able to some of her best feats while trying to shrug off a mental barrage.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scarbearer
@Static Shock:  I'd be curious to see where that happened.  If it's true, I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong, but the only meeting between Nightwing and Grodd I know about invovles Grodd kicking the crap out of both Wally and Dick at the same time.
RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RightScar
@scarbearer said:
" @RightScar:  Ok other than Batman or Wildcat getting the occasional pulled punch (IE not intended to kill them) from Supers, have either of them ever survived the impacted of being launched somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 to 500 miles and surviving the impact.  Wildcat only could through using one of his 'lives.'  Also in the previous scans where Storm is 'resisting' TP She doesn't seem to be operating at her full capability.  Grodd's been able to put a mental smack down the Flash before he can react.  Even if she can resist it for awhile, I don't see how Storm is going to be able to some of her best feats while trying to shrug off a mental barrage. "
Superman should be able to one shot Grodd.Grodd is nowhere near his strength class.He's not even comparable to characters like Iron Man,She-Hulk,Wonder Man etc. let alone someone of Superman's strength.The only reason Grodd has been able to do anything to Flash before Flash can react is because he frequently fights Flash..it's pretty much the only reason any of Flash's villains can even touch him because otherwise he would be untouchable..and nobody would read his comics.The vast majority of his villains are way under where they would need to be to do anything to the Flash.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock
@scarbearer said:
" @Static Shock:  I'd be curious to see where that happened. 
It was in Outsiders #3. I guess he was trying to get him to talk.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

xVikkix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xVikkix
@Stormultt said:
" Storm should win here being out of range unless she just stays in one place in the sky and allows him to jump on her but even then she could make a move with lightning quickly. "

Mhm

my thoughts to

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Son Of Storm
@spiderbat87 said:
" how dose storm have TP resistance? "
Her willpower and her power.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Son Of Storm said:
" @spiderbat87 said:
Her willpower and her power. "
like she has a strong enough control over her own mind to resist it?
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Son Of Storm
@spiderbat87 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @spiderbat87 said:
Her willpower and her power. "
like she has a strong enough control over her own mind to resist it? "
In a sense. Basically her willpower is strong enough so that telepaths cannot assert their will on her to control her. She can also use electricity to increase her resistance. The feedback to the telepath in most cases is painful.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Scarbearer
@Static Shock:  Well alright I'll I said I'd eat crow, and I guess I'll concede defeat on this one.  I guess Storm takes this.  I still stand by my statement that Grodd has had durability feats that put him on par with just about anyone on Marvel's hero roster, if he's not going to be consistently portrayed that way, I guess that's not a card I can play in this fight.

Touche.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock
@scarbearer: I'd also like to address this post you made.

@scarbearer said:
"Been hit by the Flash with such velocity that he landed 3 states away, and got up and shock it off after landing. "
I don't know if this is the same instance you're referring to, but Flash managed to KO Grodd after knocking him to another state.

No Caption Provided

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YoungGunna
@Static Shock said:
" @scarbearer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
How does something like this happen
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zoom
@scarbearer said:
" Grodd has taken hits from Superman.  Been hit by the Flash with such velocity that he landed 3 states away, and got up and shock it off after landing.  Dr. Alchemy once turned all the blood in his body to Formaldehyde and he just /gets better/ instead of dying."
Superman was holding back.

When the Flash knocked him three states away, that put him down, hard.

And it was pretty clear to me that Alchemy turned his blood right back because otherwise, there's no logical way for Grodd to have survived that.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zoom
@Static Shock said:
" Nightwing physically beat Grodd to a pulp once. "
Only because that story was written by Judd Winick who can't be bothered to figure out characters' powers before writing stories about them.
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

PIS is Grodd's best feat.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheThe
@Zoom said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
Scans plz. "
Emma.Twice.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zoom

Also, the idea of Grodd giving two shakes about saving gorillas is silly.

I mean, he mind controls them into his army on a regular basis.  He's an outcast, the biggest shame of Gorilla City.  He simply does not care about the average Gorilla City citizen.  He just doesn't.

But again.....Judd Winick.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Storm for the win. Reasons already provided.
Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaiyan
@YoungGunna said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @scarbearer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
How does something like this happen "
oh man...is that Pis or canon?
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scarbearer
@Zoom:  I was wondering about that, The Grodd I know and love pretty much hates everyone and everything by this point :P
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@scarbearer said:
" I don't see how Storm is going to be able to some of her best feats while trying to shrug off a mental barrage. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock
@Zoom said:
"
Only because that story was written by Judd Winick who can't be bothered to figure out characters' powers before writing stories about them. "
LOL.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zoom
@scarbearer said:
" @Zoom:  I was wondering about that, The Grodd I know and love pretty much hates everyone and everything by this point :P "
Yeah, basically.

And yet, they seem to want him in every supervillain teamup.

@Zaiyan said:
"oh man...is that Pis or canon? "
Just cannon and WIS.  PIS implies the plot called for Grodd to lose so things happened to allow Grodd to lose.  Since I don't feel the plot called for Grodd to be there in the first place, I'd simply blame the writer and call it WIS.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By YoungGunna
@TheThe said:
" @Zoom said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
Scans plz. "
Emma.Twice. "
Did she resist it completely 
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@YoungGunna: There's one scan above to show that she resisted Emma's telepathic assualt once
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Son Of Storm
@YoungGunna said:
" @TheThe said:
" @Zoom said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
Scans plz. "
Emma.Twice. "
Did she resist it completely  "
Yes.