Gorgon vs Nemesis and Zealot.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Dex_Starr

Grasscutter for gorgon, he can use the stone gaze but both Zealot and Nemesis are aware of it. Nemesis does not have the CB but a standard sword. Zealot has standard swords, no magic. Gorgon has telepathy.

Nemeis has no tech, no grenades

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

I want to say the team wins because of Nemesis' tech, as far as I know Grasscutter can't breach force-fields and she has genetic grenades that warp their victims' bodies apart. Gorgon would beat either one of them in a straight-up sword fight, though.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ThanoStomp

I'd give it to the two Kherubims. They both have superhuman strength, speed, durability, healing and some psychic abilities as well. Also they are two of finest warriors and skilled swordsmen in their universe. I think that's enough to take down Gorgon.

There was an older thread on CV with Zealot vs. Gorgon straight up and it seemed split.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

@CitizenBane said:

I want to say the team wins because of Nemesis' tech, as far as I know Grasscutter can't breach force-fields and she has genetic grenades that warp their victims' bodies apart. Gorgon would beat either one of them in a straight-up sword fight, though.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Dex_Starr

@CitizenBane said:

I edited the OP

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the team either of them could beat him one on one together gorgon's in trouble

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 morpheus_  Moderator

Neither one of them can beat him one on one. Too slow, not sufficiently durable.

Peak Gorgon takes it, on average he'd lose.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 socajunkie  Moderator

Team stomp.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: to slow nemesis has tagged a blitzing majestic and and taken on held her own briefly against zealot grifter majestic and savant who were not holding back because they hated her and thought she was a trader and she was able to fight hundreds of daemonites at once they all have strength and speed she is at least on par with him in speed at least in combat speed

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 morpheus_  Moderator

@comic_book_fan: Too slow. Lack of actually quantifiable showings make it so. If X reacted to Y is proof, Spider-Man and Daredevil range from Mach to FTL.

Substantiate how fast the "blitzing' Majestic was going. Why is that faster than Gorgon reacting to a blitzing Yo-Yo? Several others have also reacted to a blitzing Majestic, are they both as fast as the Gorgon in reaction timing? Majestros loves Charis, Grifter had been hitting on her non-stop and she even returned his kiss. Zealot is the only one from the characters you mentioned that legitimately dislikes Nemesis.

That's why I dislike debating Kherans, people pretend they are vastly superior to everyone because Buckshot said so ten years ago.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@comic_book_fan: And an additional query: your mind is set that either Zealot or Nemesis can defeat Gorgon on their own, what was your motivation behind bumping a 6 1/2 years old thread just to point out it's a mismatch? That's utterly pointless.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: oh no i debate buckshot to at the time i lacked the knowledge on wildstorm characters so i got my butt kicked i even debate for superman over majestic and thats apparently a sin and don't even get me started on midnighter i just think they legitimately have the stats to match him .

yeah majestic did love her but he was legitimately trying to bring her in he was trying to stop her in fact right after that he was going to kill her until she took the hostage

also grifter didn't hate her but he didn't like her yet either it was only after she kicked there butt and got away and zealot told her story that cole started going for her and i will admit i hated the way grifter was written in that story he acted more like grunge from gen13 in that book lol

zealot has done similar things as him as far as deflecting bullets and all that jazz and nemesis seems faster than her but then again she doesn't have to doge bullets as much because of her shield

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: i saw the grifter vs gorgon thread and decided i wanted to find out what is popular opinion on either of these 2 vs gorgon and searched it and found this and wanted to state my opinion there is nothing wrong with that i don't think either would kill gorgon easily like he couldn't win at all i think that either of them one on one might beat him so putting him against both is silly.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 morpheus_  Moderator

@comic_book_fan: Honestly, that's a far more reasonable take that I could get behind. At his peak (Enemy of the State/Secret Warriors) I'd rate Gorgon higher than the duo in sheer physicality (reaction timing, speed, durability, HF, maybe strength, but I could be forgetting something they've done) but on average, either one could match him for a decent fight.

Backlash is the most underrated WS fighter, superior in h2h to Zealot, probably just as fast, with energy projection and mist form. I rate him higher than almost everyone else, but few people even remember him anymore.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: yeah it was stated that he was the best hand to hand fighter in wildstorm and he is one of the only ones to beat zealot and he didn't seem to even be trying as hard as her

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, unless I'm missing something

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team stomps Tomi. Nemesis and Zealot are on a whole different level.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading a bit more about them, I'm leading towards the Team.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Neither one of them can beat him one on one. Too slow, not sufficiently durable.

Peak Gorgon takes it, on average he'd lose.

Sounds about right to me

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Gorgon is 2 fast