• Daredevil
  • Karnak
  • Moon Knight
  • Punisher

Battle Location

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Random Encounter
  • Fight starts 75 feet apart (except Punisher, who is perched on a scaffold 2 stories in the air)
  • Moon Knight has moon powers & standard gear
  • Gorgon has the Grasscutter sword
  • Both sides in character
  • Victory by any means
NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Bump

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At his peak performance level Gorgon should demolish.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sy8000

Gorgon.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

At his peak performance level Gorgon should demolish.

hmmmmm

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On another note when does Karnak #2 come out? What is it with marvel and there damn delays.....

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@jashro44: I asked my comic book guy this every time I go there. It's not next week that's for sure.. Ellis is taking his time.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I asked my comic book guy this every time I go there. It's not next week that's for sure.. Ellis is taking his time.

I think its at the end of February....I don't really get it. Why would marvel delay the release of this book with a character as obscure as Karnak? He had a good opening issue, he got a lot of hype and marvel is basically is throwing it away with these delays.....

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hiddenlight

@jashro44: Wouldn't Karnak stand a chance had he a shot? And I think that Moon Knight can at least give him some problems with access to all of his gear. But again, I don't know how powerful Gorgon at his peak truly is, but if he is within the limits of Spider-Man level characters physical wise, Moon Knight can find a way.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: Wouldn't Karnak stand a chance had he a shot? And I think that Moon Knight can at least give him some problems with access to all of his gear. But again, I don't know how powerful Gorgon at his peak truly is, but if he is within the limits of Spider-Man level characters physical wise, Moon Knight can find a way.

As far as I know neither moon knight or Karnak are within the same tier as spider-man. Gorgon in his prime defeated elektra, wolverine, and a bunch of shield agents when they had prep and the element of surprise. He was having conversations at speeds greater than thought and was perceiving the world as if it was standing still, was casually blocking machine gun fire by spinning his sword around as well. He's to fast and powerful for them.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@hiddenlight said:

As far as I know neither moon knight or Karnak are within the same tier as spider-man. Gorgon in his prime defeated elektra, wolverine, and a bunch of shield agents when they had prep and the element of surprise. He was having conversations at speeds greater than thought and was perceiving the world as if it was standing still, was casually blocking machine gun fire by spinning his sword around as well. He's to fast and powerful for them.

They're not on the same tier as him when we consider all of his abilities, but they surely can make up with other things. Karnak for instance has been known to react to bullets even when facing point-blank shots, he even did that in his new series:

The panel implies that he saw the trajectory of the bullet and casually could pinpoint its weakest point
The panel implies that he saw the trajectory of the bullet and casually could pinpoint its weakest point

I know that Spider have way more impressive feats than that, but as far as reaction time goes, I don't see Karnak far behind Peter, we also have to put the spider-sense in the account. And with a proper shot, he could take down bunkers in the past, so had the the chance to focus and close the gap for a sneak attack, I think that he could hurt Gorgon to some extent.

But I think that I will wait for more feats for him in his new series. Moon Knight also can casually evade bullet barrages and even evaded Venom's attacks in a brief fight and even won against Hobgoblin in the past. He have gas, flash bangs and a lot of things in his regular gear. Also, If I'm not wrong, one of his most current armours were made of carbonadium, so that would probably give Gorgon some trouble.

Not to mention that he can call his vehycles for aerial support (Standard Gear), in this case, Angelwing, which was shown to be used offensively.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight:

They're not on the same tier as him when we consider all of his abilities, but they surely can make up with other things. Karnak for instance has been known to react to bullets even when facing point-blank shots, he even did that in his new series:

Compared to Gorgons bullet timing feats this isn't impressive:

Elektra also has better bullet timing feats and Gorgon humiliated her so badly. Like I think spider-man with no morals could stomp elektra but not in the manner Gorgon did it....He literally caught her sword with his teeth. And in addition to Gorgon being fast enough to have feats which surpass Karnaks bullet timing feat, he also has TP on top of that.

I know that Spider have way more impressive feats than that, but as far as reaction time goes, I don't see Karnak far behind Peter, we also have to put the spider-sense in the account. And with a proper shot, he could take down bunkers in the past, so had the the chance to focus and close the gap for a sneak attack, I think that he could hurt Gorgon to some extent.

Hurt him? Sure but he is getting his head chopped off before that happens. Comparing there combative feats Gorgons are just better.

But I think that I will wait for more feats for him in his new series. Moon Knight also can casually evade bullet barrages

Evading bullets is pretty far off from Gorgons level. That is maybe wolverine level and Gorgon is far above wolverine. It isn't elektra level who as I said was totally humiliated by Gorgon.

and even evaded Venom's attacks in a brief fight

This was Mac Gargan Venom who wasn't very competent IIRC.

and even won against Hobgoblin in the past.

I don't remember moon knight beating hob goblin in there fight, IIRC that fight was inconclusive. He did show good accuracy but that wont help against gorgon. Plus Gorgon is a lot faster and more skilled than Hob Goblin.

He have gas, flash bangs and a lot of things in his regular gear.

Gorgon fights with a blind fold and relies on his TP in combat so flash bangs are useless. I don't know how gas would affect Gorgon. His healing factor is pretty powerful, Wolverine stated it didn't seem to matter what they hit him with. Also another thing is that Gorgon after his resurrection no longer possess a heart beat, so I don't even know if his anatomy functions the same way as a normal human (at least not entirely the same way).

There are no definitive showings of him fending off poisons but I don't think there is enough evidence to say it would work either. Its pretty unknown how toxins would affect him IMO. So while it is something to consider I think we need to consider the possibility of knock out gas failing at least.

Also, If I'm not wrong, one of his most current armours were made of carbonadium, so that would probably give Gorgon some trouble.

I believe only certain areas are covered.

Not to mention that he can call his vehycles for aerial support (Standard Gear), in this case, Angelwing, which was shown to be used offensively.

Well I usually assume this isn't allowed but I guess that's up to @nimamindtricks to decide. Regardless if it is, is that really in character for moon knight to do?

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: You conviced me on the physicals. He doesn't use it really often as he usually fights his opponents in closed places, but when he gets the chance, he has been known to use it to avoid physical confrontation and to effectively kill his opponents.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@hiddenlight: @jashro44: No Angelwing is not allowed. That's like saying an X-Men can call on the X-Jet or Fury can call on the SHIELD hellicarrier.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: @jashro44: No Angelwing is not allowed. That's like saying an X-Men can call on the X-Jet or Fury can call on the SHIELD hellicarrier.

But he did D: Many times actually :P

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@nimamindtricks said:

I think its at the end of February....I don't really get it. Why would marvel delay the release of this book with a character as obscure as Karnak? He had a good opening issue, he got a lot of hype and marvel is basically is throwing it away with these delays.....

True. Marvel has canceled a lot of books with more notable characters due to low sales, and as far as I know, Ellis does not have a lot of books on his plate right now. I would be surprised if it made it to volume 2 (at least with the same writer).

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks said:

Many times? You're saying he's been in fights with say, von Strucker or Crossbones, and instead of duking it out man-to-man, he calls the Hellicarrier to open fire?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@jashro44: If you consider his peak just his Enemy of the State stuff then yeah, but Gorgon isn't what he was first shown as. Hasn't Daredevil punked him? Not saying there's not more than a little lowballing of Gorgon there, but we always talk about Gorgon like he's just his high end stuff, but if we average all his showings I think this team can at least cheat a few wins.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight said:
@nimamindtricks said:

Many times? You're saying he's been in fights with say, von Strucker or Crossbones, and instead of duking it out man-to-man, he calls the Hellicarrier to open fire?

Not against opponents on this level of course, but well, going by this... @jashro44 I concede and my guys are stomped. *sigh*

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: If you consider his peak just his Enemy of the State stuff then yeah, but Gorgon isn't what he was first shown as. Hasn't Daredevil punked him? Not saying there's not more than a little lowballing of Gorgon there, but we always talk about Gorgon like he's just his high end stuff, but if we average all his showings I think this team can at least cheat a few wins.

Daredevil one shotted him but it wasn't a fight, he came out of the blue and cheap shotted him. I ignore Bendis run because it was all just WIS, just like what he did to Mister Negative. I don't see why we should judge Gorgon by one bad run.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@granitesoldier said:

@jashro44 said:
@granitesoldier said:

Daredevil one shotted him but it wasn't a fight, he came out of the blue and cheap shotted him. I ignore Bendis run because it was all just WIS, just like what he did to Mister Negative. I don't see why we should judge Gorgon by one bad run.

I agree with Jash..Gorgon's one weak showing in Bendis' run was more than made up in his multiple great showings in the entire Secret Warriors run, where literally all the Howling Commandos/Secret Warriors crapped themselves when they found out Gorgon returned. Including tagging speedsters, easily taking multiple stabs to the head, bullet timing, killing teams of Leviathans strong enough to tear off large steel door vaults, wrecking Phobos, hurting Stonewall, and so on. As well as his recent easy trouncing of Shang Chi, who was using everything he had in him. Bendis does this time and time again, and should be ignored.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon stomps

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jashro44: I don't think Gorgon spinning his blade like that is that impressive besides the speed in which he's spinning it, but hardly a reaction speed feat. Mister X pin pointing the exact place where the bullet was going to land and blocking it is more impressive than Gorgon's as far as i'm concerned. All Tomi did was basically spin his sword AoE style.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@ghostravage said:

@jashro44: I don't think Gorgon spinning his blade like that is that impressive besides the speed in which he's spinning it, but hardly a reaction speed feat. Mister X pin pointing the exact place where the bullet was going to land and blocking it is more impressive than Gorgon's as far as i'm concerned. All Tomi did was basically spin his sword AoE style.

Him spinning the blade like that is what is impressive. Peak humans cannot do the same thing, what gorgon is basically doing is creating a wall with his sword that blocks bullets, and he is doing it with ease. Mister X did the same thing I guess but Mister X using high end showings has also stomped people like taskmaster and wolverine so there is that.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@ghostravage said:

Why can't both be impressive? He spun his blade after they opened fired too - he simultaneously sliced in half Elektra's gun, a noted bullet timer and highly agile ninja, without her realizing the blade got that close. This all happened in the same arc so Gorgon clearly has the ability to slice/deflect bullets and/or use them to ricochet back at the shooter(s). Gorgon also reacted to and sliced up multiple shots from Nick Fury, a noted marksmen, after they were fired at a fairly close range.

I don't see what Mister X has to do with this honestly. Yes he has great feats with his swords + bullets, but it's irrelevant to this fight.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: I'm speaking specifically about the spinning blade. I don't think is that impressive to be honest. Mister X is a peak human in stats and the only thing going for him is mind reading yet his feat seems more impressive than that one as well as more precise. Again, it just seemed like AoE spinning making a shield, which is impressive as far as spinning speed goes, but i don't think is meant to be used for reactions, Elektra's feat has nothing to do with what i stated.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@ghostravage: Gorgon has a very high score on fruit ninja tho

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@nimamindtricks: @jashro44: He has other less impressive showings beyond just Daredevil though. And 'crapping yourself' over respect to a reputation doesn't equate to much really. Superhumans react that way to Batman.

I never said I think the team wins but Gorgon seems to purely be evaluated by his best showings and reputation, when we need to look at the totality of showings in my opinion.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NimaMindTricks

@granitesoldier said:

@nimamindtricks: @jashro44: He has other less impressive showings beyond just Daredevil though. And 'crapping yourself' over respect to a reputation doesn't equate to much really. Superhumans react that way to Batman.

I never said I think the team wins but Gorgon seems to purely be evaluated by his best showings and reputation, when we need to look at the totality of showings in my opinion.

Such as? Care to cite other less impressive showings?

Also that's part of the "Batman aura" - it's almost schtick. When it happens with Gorgon, he's literally beheading soldiers and turning others to stone seconds later. There's a difference.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: There's really no difference, it's an earned reputation that equates to more than performance. Slade has a similar reputation as Gorgon, and has had issues fighting Cassie Cain an Grayson.

As for his less impressive showings he wasn't exactly having a stellar showing against Iron Fist and even though he beat Shang Chi (which he should have) Shang held his own far better than one would expect even against a Gorgon that was holding back. It doesn't delude much of what Gorgon has achieved but when you consider that Gorgon will be fighting multiple threats at various ranges all of which are high skilled and whom he is regularly unfamiliar with and that his TP (from what I recall) isn't so powerful as to separate and monitor 4 minds at once I can see him struggling. Winning, sure, but struggling. Which is all I've said from the beginning.

His healing factor will win it for him more than anything else in my opinion.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NimaMindTricks
@granitesoldier said:

@nimamindtricks: There's really no difference, it's an earned reputation that equates to more than performance. Slade has a similar reputation as Gorgon, and has had issues fighting Cassie Cain an Grayson.

As for his less impressive showings he wasn't exactly having a stellar showing against Iron Fist and even though he beat Shang Chi (which he should have) Shang held his own far better than one would expect even against a Gorgon that was holding back. It doesn't delude much of what Gorgon has achieved but when you consider that Gorgon will be fighting multiple threats at various ranges all of which are high skilled and whom he is regularly unfamiliar with and that his TP (from what I recall) isn't so powerful as to separate and monitor 4 minds at once I can see him struggling. Winning, sure, but struggling. Which is all I've said from the beginning.

His healing factor will win it for him more than anything else in my opinion.

The Iron Fist fight is literally the same fight that Daredevil interrupted. A poorly written fight and weird dialogue by Bendis. In the fight itself, Gorgon says he's "saving my fight for Logan" and continuing "you are just an obstacle." Iron Fist replies with, "Hey, your call." and hits him a couple times. Later Fist says "Don't look behind you" and Gorgon replies "Oh please." then gets wacked by Daredevil.

Fight here:

No Caption Provided

I mean really? Slap schitck comedies couldn't write worse than that. Gorgon is an intelligent, competent fighter with TP. a) Why didn't he sense Daredevil? b) Why would he save himself for the "real fight" against Logan when he stomped Logan the first time? c) Following point b, is he implying Iron Fist (even with chi being used during their fight) is less skilled/less of an opponent than Logan? d) The whole "don't look behind you" thing followed with "pfft oh plz" dialogue turned it into an absolute slap-schitck badly written fight. So Gorgon...with heightened senses...TP...and a warning from Iron Fist still got rocked in that manner? Just crappy. In addition, stating that he finds Iron Fist to be an obstacle and that he's saving himself for Iron Fist, would imply that he isn't try and/or holding back skill & power wise. Plus Fist said it's up to him if he wants to treat the fight that way. Why the hell would he? That banter makes no sense. Totally made Gorgon look like an incompetent bafoon. And quit honestly, I feel it wasn't that great of a showing for Iron Fist. It was a fight that deserved an issue onto itself from a competent writer. (Hopefully we'll get a rematch soon)

I just re-read the fight. Shang Chi used everything he had, which you do admit. He even went beyond that and summoned the powers of his ancestors (or however he phrased it). Gorgon literally did not try that entire fight, and once he fought back, Shang was destroyed. I highly doubt his attacks on Shang were him even going all out. He smacked him around a bit with some kung fu and a nice slice and it was done in a single page.

The purpose of this post was to A) Omit that entire Gorgon appearance in Bendis' Dark Avengers run due to how Gorgon was written from a character standpoint (dialogue, ways of thinking, etc.) and how he carried himself in the fight. and B) To show that an all-out Shang Chi's fight against a Gorgon who was not really fighting back, was truly a high end feat for Shang Chi (well I guess, I mean...once Gorgon actually started hitting him back he destroyed him) - not making it a low showing for Gorgon IMO.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By brucerogers

Gorgon's got this. Karnak's striking ability may be a game changer, but they will do no good if he cannot connect them. Gorgon 9/10.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are all under Bendis though. Again I don't see why we should just hold Gorgon to all of his lowest showings as if there the norm. I'm not dismissing his lowest showings but I don't hold him to one bad run. Wolverine had a bad run under Paul Cornell but I don't think that means we just ignore everything wolverine has done.

Concerning shang chi he did better than he should because of his Stark tech. There is also some questionable stuff in that showing like how Shang Chi used the darkness to his advantage....Against the guy who wears and fights with a blind fold...So in addition to Shang chi be amped there was some clear WIS involved. The only other explanation would be that Shang chi was doing something to hide his thoughts from Gorgon which would also explain why Gorgon was having issues until the end of the fight.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nimamindtricks: Fair enough, nothing I can really say to that. Especially since I think Fist is a far more dangerous opponent than Logan.

@jashro44: I wasn't holding him to low standards, I was simply pointing out that he has showings that are beyond murderstomping everyone in his path. People have a tendency to cherry pick feats they like and dismiss the ones they don't and you know it, such as Wolverine (since you brought him up) being a fighter who demonstrates skill on every opponent when the reality is we know he doesn't. My goal was more to get the discussion going about Gorgon's lesser feats, but Nima has done a good job of convincing me they don't really matter in the grand scheme in terms of hurting Tomi very much.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

So does Vince "Shamwow" while using the slap chop.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! LMAO!!! I love ya, man! That's hilarious!

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorgon