Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there so many DBS VS SS threads being made recently? It’s not really funny anymore.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regulus bodies him.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

I am curious. Are there ANY SS characters that would make for a good match for Goku? From what I understand the gap between Bronze and Gold seems enormous.

I don't mean just characters Goku would kill. I mean characters where the fight would pose for an actually interesting discussion.

Aimegang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aimegang

How strong are the saints

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Yeah, bronze aren't FTL, though they have some good hax. Shaka alone was stomping 3 bronze saints.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emanresu_20

@death2heretics:

Well The main 5 Bronze Saints (Seiya, Ikki, Hyoga, Shun, and Shiryu) were FTL by the end of the Sanctuary’s daga and definitely by the hades arc.

Aiolia said it best: Bronze are at Mach 1, Silver saints are at Mach 2-5, and Gold saints are Light Speed and Up (however that is a dramatic understatement). They have feats consisting of outpacing the Big Bang, and Crossing Billions of Galaxies in moments (Main Bronze Saints)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanresu_20: Yeah but didn't they awaken the 7th sense or something? Im currently in that arc i think, so idk. Though it was said that Seiya's meteor fist surpassed the speed of sound several times.

Edit: Nvm, that was after he got the bronze cloth, im an idiot lol.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

I am curious. Are there ANY SS characters that would make for a good match for Goku? From what I understand the gap between Bronze and Gold seems enormous.

I don't mean just characters Goku would kill. I mean characters where the fight would pose for an actually interesting discussion.

It's really hard to find a placement for Goku in the Saint Seiya verse because the main characters go from weaker and slower than Naruto to Gold Knight level with a single increase. Typically, the level for most Bronze Knights range from mach 1 to mach 2, whereas Silver Knights go from beyond mach 2 to around mach 5, although they can exceed this speed in some cases - it just depends on how much they can burn their Cosmo.

So ultimately, most of the characters are either much weaker than Goku or much stronger to the point where it would be a mismatch no matter how you look at it. Especially since a good majority of the verse utilizes hax which ignores conventional durability. Maybe the weakest of the Gold Knights like Aldebaran or Pices Aphrodite would be more fair. I could see that being debatable, tbh.

@death2heretics:

Well The main 5 Bronze Saints (Seiya, Ikki, Hyoga, Shun, and Shiryu) were FTL by the end of the Sanctuary’s daga and definitely by the hades arc.

Aiolia said it best: Bronze are at Mach 1, Silver saints are at Mach 2-5, and Gold saints are Light Speed and Up (however that is a dramatic understatement). They have feats consisting of outpacing the Big Bang, and Crossing Billions of Galaxies in moments (Main Bronze Saints)

Pretty much. Also, it's fair to note that Aiolia's statement is likely just a general area rather than a top speed, considering Seiya exceeded mach 1 the very first time he donned his Bronze Cloth and even managed to best some of the Silver Knights later on:

https://imgur.com/a/7gZ59

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death2heretics:

You’re not an idiot. Saint Seiya has a lot of details to the series. I think (7/10) the 7th sense was when they did surpass light speed. That was when Seiya first dough Taurus.

Jatom22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man this should be good

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aimegang said:

How strong are the saints

No one really answered your question so allow me the best I can.

Bronze Saints

As explained by Aiolia Bronze saints are around Mach 1, the speed of sound. This is the most basic level of all the saints. By this stage they have learned Atomic Destruction which basically attacks atoms directly bypassing Durability. On top of that the power to destroy an atom can only be found within Neutron stars. So basically getting punched by a Saint is like having your atoms being torn apart by a Neutron Star. The series Saint Seiya follows 5 Bronze Saints; Pegasus Seiya, Andromeda Shun, Phoenix Ikki (Shun's older Brother), Cygnus Hyoga, and Dragon Shiryu.

By the end of these series these 5 Bronze Saints with the exception of Ikki becomes as powerful as low tier Gold saints while in their Bronze Cloth. However this is only when they release their Cosmos to it's fullest. Ikki on the other hand is the strongest of the 5 bronze saints. He is able to attack the mind as well as atoms and send you through your own personal Hell which will more or less destroy your mind to the point where it shuts off completely leaving you brain dead. He is capable of going against the strongest Gold saints like Gemini Saga and Virgo Shaka.

Silver Saints

They are able to reach speeds from Mach 2-5. Not really much you can say about them. They are just a grade up from Bronze Saints. They are able to tank Bronze Saints attacks (other than the main 5) pretty easily and have diverse abilities.

Again not really much you can say about them. Silver Saints were barely relevant in Saint Seiya.

Gold Saints

There is a MASSIVE... AND I MEAN MASSIVE gap between Silver and Gold Saints.Gold saints are capable of light speeds which is achieved by awakening the 7th sense.

Even calling them light speed is an understatement. They have reacted to attacks that can cross billions of Galaxies within second. Capricorn Shura even managed to outpace the Big Bang with Excalibur putting Gold Saints reaction time and speed at Septillion times the speed of light.

The top tier Gold Saints like Shaka and Saga have tanked attacks that are equal to the big bang. Shaka in fact no-sold the AE (Big Bang Attack) and faked his death. Gemini Saga in particular has an attack which is equivalent to multiple Galaxies exploding.

Out of all the Gold Saints Shaka is the most powerful. He is capable of taking on Saga, along with two other high tier Gold Saints.

Then you have God level Saints that can essentially one shot a Gold Saint. Then you have the actual Gods like Hades who can take on 5 god cloth saints at once. This is just a snippet about the Saints. You would have to look up respect threads for more specific Characters.

I recommend finding a Reddit respect thread on these Characters:

• Seiya
  • Ikki
  • Gemini Saga
  • Virgo Shaka
  • Hades
  • Poseidon
  • Thalamus and his Brother what's his face
Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanresu_20 said:

@death2heretics:

Pretty much. Also, it's fair to note that Aiolia's statement is likely just a general area rather than a top speed, considering Seiya exceeded mach 1 the very first time he donned his Bronze Cloth and even managed to best some of the Silver Knights later on:

https://imgur.com/a/7gZ59

The gap between Certain Gold saints are pretty large as well. Shaka is borderline a god cloth level saint and can easily stomp 3 of the most powerful gold saints IF they don't use AE.

IMO Tauras seems to be the slowest of all and gravitates around FTL to low tier MFTL.

Aphrodite is in all honestly the weakest and literally stalemated Shun who was the weakest bronze saint at the time.

Then you have cases like Ikki, the series badass, who just fights whoever is in his way. Shaka even had a hard time putting him down.

Avatar image for deactivated-6063b97152c69
deactivated-6063b97152c69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost Canvas Saints are OP.

Leo Regulus is out of Goku's league. He doesn't even need to use most of his hax, he just snaps him.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JOVIOLMA

Leo Regulus can use all the techniques of all Golden saints of his time, even the Athena Exclamation and Excalibur from El Cid which Killed Gods using their temporary forms, and they are said by one of Hypnos's sons to be in an Higher Dimension that humans which logic would make them 4D although due the fact that already exist Gods that Manipulate Time they can't time travel, although they can create their owns Realities and complex dimensions , like Morphea, Phobia, etc. El Cid was able to cut through their Realities multiple times and Regulus can use his techniques as well all the other GS's techniques.

He should legit stomp Goku in this battle.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Thanks. That was the jist I've been getting from all these DB vs SS debates. I was thinking maybe Silver Saints can since they are between Bronze and Gold, but it seems not.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

Other than the 5 Main Bronze Saints, Silver Saints and below are pretty irrelevant.

They are basically fodder foot soldiers that do the dirty work Gold Saints are to overpowered to do.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Thanks. That was the jist I've been getting from all these DB vs SS debates. I was thinking maybe Silver Saints can since they are between Bronze and Gold, but it seems not.

No problem. Most of the Silver Saints would be outclassed by Goku from DBZ, tbh. There are a couple of exceptions where Silver Knights/former Silver Knights have raised their Cosmo to the level of the Gold Knights, but the majority are pretty much fodder.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I find the arguments of Gold Saints speed to be overblown pretty badly, but overall they should shit on Goku or Jiren.

ShinzaSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Regulus is even faster than an average Goldie, he's literally omnipresent.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Seiya managed to cross billions of Galaxies on the road to Elysium and also reacted to and intercepted a blast that crossed those galaxies in seconds to save his sister from Thalamus.

There is also Shura’s Excalibur outpacing the initial explosion of the Big Bang and other saints reacting to it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Seiya managed to cross billions of Galaxies on the road to Elysium and also reacted to and intercepted a blast that crossed those galaxies in seconds to save his sister from Thalamus.

There is also Shura’s Excalibur outpacing the initial explosion of the Big Bang and other saints reacting to it.

Uh huh. Sure mate.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Honestly other than Suikyo I do t know any other Silver night that would defeat Goku.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@emanresu_20 said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

Need scans?

Nope. I just dont see the feat the same way as you do. no matter what you say the feat of it being argued that way is nonsense to me. Thats all.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

Honestly other than Suikyo I do t know any other Silver night that would defeat Goku.

Well, there's Orpheus, who by legend and hype, should be comparable if not superior to the Golds of his generation:

https://imgur.com/a/fuAjk

He hasn't really done much other than defeat Pharaoh on-panel. Even still, he's clearly portrayed to be above the majority of Silvers.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

So... crossing billions of Galaxies in a few moments isn’t MFTL to you?

Or straight up surpassing the initial explosion of the Big Bang?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regulus wins.

ShinzaSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinzass said:

@sirfizzwhizz Accept it nerd. https://imgur.com/a/2SBLT:

I accept its overblown and misunderstood and nowhere part of the norm or consistent. That is what I accept.

People wonder why SS fans get as much a bad rep as dreaded DBS fans.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz Well I kind have to agree, the SS fanbase is becoming toxic as well, was better when the community was smaller, but I personally don't like people downplaying DB like claiming that Goku is subsonic or saying that the Universe is only 2.000.000 KM length(I personally downplay Db a bit when persons pick up scans to downplay SS)

Poklol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Poklol

@shinzass: That translation looks abit off. Here is the actual translation

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/14/149927/4772293-img_2623.jpg

They don't mention galaxies but in fact 'lights'.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poklol said:

Is more like a representation, although Thanatos refers the dimension as Light Years.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin Should Regulus scale to the Golden Saints feats from Episode G and Episode G Assassin ?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poklol: Those lights are depicted as spiral galaxies in the image and Thanatos describes the distance they cross - the same distance he sends his attack to kill Pandora - as light-years:

No Caption Provided

Also, the original Japanese texts doesn't state ten billion, but rather, tens of billions. Either way you slice it, the feat is massively faster than light and outside of Goku's range.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma said:

@thedarkpaladin Should Regulus scale to the Golden Saints feats from Episode G and Episode G Assassin ?

Regulus can scale to them, but there's really no point in abusing that when his own feats/direct evidence is sufficient for this thread.

Poklol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Poklol

@thedarkpaladin: I'm on my phone at the moment so it may take a while to post feats and stuff especially since I'm new to this site and I apologise in advance.

But I have some questions for you, doesn't this make the feat unquantiable as you simply assume that these 'lights' are galaxies with no proof and also simply stating lightyears doesn't mean that they are galaxies as the closest stars to us are Alpha Centauri A and B which are about 4.7 lightyears away from us. For all we know Thanatos is attacking from a distance of another Solar system away. Anyway, I will go search for some combat speed feats for Goku.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poklol:

I'm on my phone at the moment so it may take a while to post feats and stuff especially since I'm new to this site and I apologise in advance.

No problem.

But I have some questions for you, isn't this make the feat unquantiable as you simply assume that these 'lights' are galaxies with no proof

The proof is in the visual representation of the scene itself. I'm referring to the numerous spiral galaxies we see on panel as they're crossing that distance in to Elysium:

No Caption Provided

For comparison, this is what spiral galaxies look like:

No Caption Provided

If you pay attention to the scene in its entirety, you'll notice they enter a galaxy right before reaching the the realm known as Elysium (left panel):

No Caption Provided

And during Ikki's fight with Thanatos, the latter states that it if weren't for Hades' prohibiting bloodshed on those holy grounds, his Terrible Providence would have ripped Ikki's body apart limb by limb and scattered the pieces across the galaxy:

No Caption Provided

and also simply stating lightyears doesn't mean that they are galaxies as the closest stars to us are Alpha Centauri A and B which are about 4.7 lightyears away from us. For all we know Thanatos is attacking from a distance of another Solar system away.

Even ignoring the evidence posted above and assuming an extreme low-end of 2 light-years, crossing that distance in a minutes and killing targets on the opposite end in seconds is still massively faster than light. Much faster than any of Goku's quantifiable showings.

Anyway, I will go search for some combat speed feats for Goku.

All right.

ShinzaSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShinzaSS

@sirfizzwhizz: Lol, I'm not the one refusing to accept scans/evidence because you can't accept them being fast. We even have a time frame for it. And travel speed and combat speed are the same in SS.

You're right it isnt the norm, since 8th sense users did it. All the Gods scale to it though.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

how did you interpret the feat? Also it’s not really inconsistent. Seiya, Hyoga’s, and Ikki’s cloth were all bathed in the blood of Athena white this which later resulted in their transformation into god cloth.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@shinzass said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Lol, I'm not the one refusing to accept scans/evidence because you can't accept them being fast. We even have a time frame for it. And travel speed and combat speed are the same in SS.

You're right it isnt the norm, since 8th sense users did it. All the Gods scale to it though.

@emanresu_20 said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

how did you interpret the feat? Also it’s not really inconsistent. Seiya, Hyoga’s, and Ikki’s cloth were all bathed in the blood of Athena white this which later resulted in their transformation into god cloth.

Pffft

• The scans state mere lightyears not across billions of galaxies. more like stars as someone else said.
  • If you want to state is legit galaxies, guess what? Travel =/ Combat speed. So unless Seyai is racing someone the feat is useless.
  • If you think its legit combat speed, I can still argue and debunk the lies with those Galaxies being so close together. Real Universe Galaxies are hard to see from the other in distance. Those Galaxies by comparison are compacts together still making the distance travels questionable as all get out lolol.

Its just typical SS toxic fans blowing shit up out of proportion. No other Saint in the series I seen from my debates of them has speed to fight and clash attacks at those speeds. I can find three ways to debunk the claim of combat speed as well. That simple.

Now I will wait for the excuses or fan logic, but dont care. Case close.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poklol:

I'm on my phone at the moment so it may take a while to post feats and stuff especially since I'm new to this site and I apologise in advance.

No problem.

But I have some questions for you, isn't this make the feat unquantiable as you simply assume that these 'lights' are galaxies with no proof

The proof is in the visual representation of the scene itself. I'm referring to the numerous spiral galaxies we see on panel as they're crossing that distance in to Elysium:

No Caption Provided

For comparison, this is what spiral galaxies look like:

No Caption Provided

If you pay attention to the scene in its entirety, you'll notice they enter a galaxy right before reaching the the realm known as Elysium (left panel):

No Caption Provided

Now remember I hate DBS wank as much the next guy, but your using BUllshit photo of real galaxies look like. If you and I were looking at galaxies inbettwen the void of space we would barely see Galaxies. Thats how far apart galaxies are. So showing this scan of Galaxies so close together and in size shows how small the universe is or the misrepresentation of the feat. Pick one.

benoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: well said. They where literally stated to be light speed nothing more, the rest is just hyperbole and fan assumption, same with dbs.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benoma said:

@sirfizzwhizz: well said. They where literally stated to be light speed nothing more, the rest is just hyperbole and fan assumption, same with dbs.

No Caption Provided

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku...