Godzilla vs The Thing (Fantastic Four)

Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Casublett

Scenario:  All other heroes are missing, Thing finishes lunch at an Outdoor bistro, hears the famous Godzilla screech, looks up and Godzilla is on a rampage... Only a few city blocks away.

Who wins and why?
Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Casublett: Which version of Godzilla?

Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Casublett
@Betatesthighlander1: Well, from my understanding, there is TOO much difference between MOST incarnations, but to keep it simple, the current IDW comics version.
LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LubeMan

Um, your gonna need a lot more than Mr Grimm to hold there fort let a lone take Godzilla down, imo. Isn't there a Godzilla vs JLA thread that's been going for 100-200 posts??

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Thing can lift what, a couple hundred tons most, Godzilla weighs over sixty thousand.

Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Casublett

Generally speaking, while not necessarily taking him down, Godzilla has been shown to be vulnerable to modern/near future weaponry.  If they can hurt him, he is not indestructible.  The JLA should curb-stomp him.  

Hell, Hulk & Thor should too...  Maybe even Iron Man with all his toys.  That's why i picked Ben, he's still a beast, but seems about in the range where it's relatively fair.

Godzilla is MOSTLY just a big ass monster.  His skin, while thick, is just THICK ASS REPTILE skin.  Sure, he's a big mother...  Hell, The King of Monsters,  but what could he dish out that isn't in the realm of what Thing has dealt with many times before?  I'm not saying Ben should win, just that they (imo) seem close enough when truly considered to make is relatively equal... ish.  :)

Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Casublett
@Betatesthighlander1: Lol, while this is true, I didn't ask if Thing could bench Godzilla.  :)
LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LubeMan

@Casublett said:

Generally speaking, while not necessarily taking him down, Godzilla has been shown to be vulnerable to modern/near future weaponry. If they can hurt him, he is not indestructible. The JLA should curb-stomp him. Hell, Hulk & Thor should too... Maybe even Iron Man with all his toys. That's why i picked Ben, he's steal a beast, but seems about in the range where it relatively fair.

Against Godzilla, I don't think it's relatively fair to pit Thing alone, there's not much he's gonna be able to do to hurt him, imo. Godzilla's survived black holes and nukes.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Casublett: Yeah, but Godzilla takes blows that can lift him up on a regular basis, so unless thing can creative (real creative) i don't see him getting through this.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Gojira.

Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Casublett
@LubeMan: I missed the Black Hole thing.. Where can I find that?
LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LubeMan

@Casublett said:

@LubeMan: I missed the Black Hole thing.. Where can I find that?

Godzilla vs Megaguirus, iirc

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer

Godzilla being affected by modern weapons? What?...Anyway Godzilla, there isn't really much that could take him down due to his ridiculous healing factor among his power.

Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Casublett
@LubeMan: Just watched the clip .  To be fair, EVERYTHING survived the black hole.  Doesn't even look like it hurt the surrounding environment, let alone Godzilla.

While ultimately losing, Ben has gone toe to toe against Gladiator, Champion, Hulk and many other heavy hitters.  He's been blasted by just about everything you can be blasted by and he's been fighting huge monsters since day one.  He's stong, hard to hurt and has one hell of spirit.  I don't see this as completely uneven...  Might even be a stalemate, unless Ben has morals off.
Casublett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Casublett
@Wolfrazer: While I stated above, they didn't defeat him, I've seen him AFFECTED by various missiles and lasers over the years.  Sure, he ultimately shrugs them off through healing or whatever means the plot dictated, he is not invulnerable in the comic book (Superman/Adamantium) sense.