Godzilla.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

that thing is sooooo tiny seriously 130 tons?

Godzilla chucks him into a black hole

/thread.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#54  Edited By Joygirl

@Ultra_Girl_: 153.6 tons. And its durability is its true strength.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@Joygirl: Show me feats of it surviving in a black whole.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Joygirl

Unless the black hole can cast Wish, it survives.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Wyldsong

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@Joygirl: Show me feats of it surviving in a black whole.

It's not a matter of feats, it's the game mechanics for the creature in the D&D RPG. After the creature is finally taken down to -30 hit points, you have to cast a wish spell -- basically a reality altering spell, or it will keep coming back. As well, I do believe a magic/blessed weapon is needed to hurt/damage it -- my D&D knowledge is a bit rusty though.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

I thought game mechanics weren't aloud to be used in battles? <<

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wyldsong

@Wolfrazer said:

I thought game mechanics weren't aloud to be used in battles? <<

I have seen no explicit rule against it, but translating game mechanics into a usable purpose for a forum battle can be rather difficult. In this case, since the tarrasque isn't really something with true blue feats, the game mechanics do let us know what it takes to actually kill such a creature for good -- at least in 3.5, I don't think it can be killed in 4th edition. Now what this means for a black hole scenario, or Godzilla...I'll let others debate that one out, especially since I am not about to dig up D&D manuals to try and figure out if a black hole or Godzilla can overcome a tarrasque's durability=)

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@Wyldsong: no game mechanics allowed

If not I can bring up godzilla's video games where he gets power ups to summon helicopters.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wyldsong

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

If not I can bring up godzilla's video games where he gets power ups to summon helicopters.

And where is the rule that says that? It's not in the battle forum rules.

Game mechanics are all you have to bring up for a tarrasque. If someone has told you not to bring up the video game Godzilla, it's because that is in a completely different realm from the canon source material of the Godzilla movies -- the video game is not canon. For the tarrasque, there is nothing else to bring up, but the game mechanics and write up from the D&D table top roleplaying game books, since that is where it is from, a game -- and that is the canon source material for a tarrasque -- and it was specified it was the D&D 3.5 version.

Now, how people want to debate this, I have no clue. Can a tarrasque truly beat Godzilla or vice versa? No idea, and I am not here to even try and debate it.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@Wyldsong said:

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Game mechanics are all you have to bring up for a tarrasque. If someone has told you not to bring up the video game Godzilla, it's because that is in a completely different realm from the canon source material of the Godzilla movies -- the video game is not canon. For the tarrasque, there is nothing else to bring up, but the game mechanics and write up from the D&D table top roleplaying game books, since that is where it is from, a game -- and that is the canon source material for a tarrasque -- and it was specified it was the D&D 3.5 version.

Now, how people want to debate this, I have no clue. Can a tarrasque truly beat Godzilla or vice versa? No idea, and I am not here to even try and debate it.

nobody said we can't use video game godzilla.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Wyldsong

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@Wyldsong said:

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

nobody said we can't use video game godzilla.

I misread your post, but the point still stands. That's not the canon version of the big G=P

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@Wyldsong: awww

but his video game is so awesome!

he know karate!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Wyldsong

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@Wyldsong: awww

but his video game is so awesome!

he know karate!

Lol=)

I am sure it is my friend=)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Joygirl

Helicopters won't do anything to the Tarrasque anyway so bring 'em on. I suppose, feat-wise, you could compare stats to things to Tarrasque could beat. For example, stats given, the Tarrasque could easily beat a Titan. Titans are essentially demigods. The Tarrasque could also defeat the vast majority of fantasy dragons, complete with magic and special abilities. Those are, technically, feats. You could bust out some dice right now and prove them.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Well Godzilla has killed three demon gods and absorbed their souls into his body. 

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Joygirl

The Tarrasque could do that too with some challenge. Sans body-absorbing.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Was just merely pointing out though, he isn't just some monster. He has a chance here, its not like he hasn't taken on things that weren't as deadly or deadlier then him.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Vrakmul

This battle is an eternal stalemate. The only way to permanently down a 3.5e Tarrasque is to beat it senseless and then use one of the most powerful reality altering spells in the game to wish it to stay dead. Otherwise it's healing factor will keep it in the game forever and ever until BFR'd. Godzilla has framerate level healing factors, any sort of injury he suffers usually disappears by the next frame or shot. While Godzilla is also much larger than the tarrasque assuming the big T isn't sized up, he still can't put down the thing anymore than it can put him down.

GhostRider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By GhostRider2

@Joygirl said:

@GhostRider2: Why?

@Floopay said:

Godzilla. He's bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and more powerful. The Tarrasque's only advantage is his regeneration.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Like Floopay said he is stronger and smart and im sure he will come up with something...

Avatar image for kamal_re_x_the_abductor
Kamal Re'x the Abductor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GhostRider2:

It'd be like Superman vs the Juggernaut, Juggs is outmatched in most every way, but Superman really can't hurt the Juggernaut meaningfully, he can however; kick him around a lot.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla easily, screw this Anguris wannabes healing factor, Godzilla can regenerate from a single amino acid. He will KO him or tear his head off im sure that would work.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Stalemate,,,Godzilla can't hurt the tarrasque,, The tarrasque is 70 feet long and 50 feet tall, and it weighs about 130 tons and regenerates at incredible rates,,but Godzilla can't be destroyed either

Avatar image for commander_orlok_the_eternal
Commander Orlok the Eternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AmazingScrewOnHead :

The Tarrasque's healing factor seems to be of divine origin, which is why unlike literally every other healing factor that allows limb regeneration in the setting, even those of the actual gods themselves, it cannot be countered or negated by anything. Tear off it's head and it'll be out cold until it just regrows a new one 1d6 minutes later.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Frocharocha

@mezlabor said:

The Tarrasque is immune to Godzillas fire breath and has a high healing factor. Within 6 minutes the Tarrsque can completely regrow lost limbs and can instantly reattach a severed limb by holding it in place. His carapace also has a chance to reflect Godzillas breath back on him. The Tarrasque has pretty bad critical hits as well.

It's atomic Breath. And Godzilla also defeated 3 world busters.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By Floopay

@Commander Orlok the Eternal said:

@AmazingScrewOnHead :

The Tarrasque's healing factor seems to be of divine origin, which is why unlike literally every other healing factor that allows limb regeneration in the setting, even those of the actual gods themselves, it cannot be countered or negated by anything. Tear off it's head and it'll be out cold until it just regrows a new one 1d6 minutes later.

OP states that if the Tarrasque is KO'd and falls to -30 (which in d&d means when he is dead) he is considered permanently defeated. Normally he could regenerate from that state and bring himself back to life, but according to the OP this would be considered a victory.

@Bane_of_sith said:

Stalemate,,,Godzilla can't hurt the tarrasque,, The tarrasque is 70 feet long and 50 feet tall, and it weighs about 130 tons and regenerates at incredible rates,,but Godzilla can't be destroyed either

The smallest version of Godzilla is 167 feet tall, and the tallest version is like 390 feet or something like that. The smallest version of him weighs about 70,000 tons I believe, and the biggest version is 110,000 tons.

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

Godzilla easily, screw this Anguris wannabes healing factor, Godzilla can regenerate from a single amino acid. He will KO him or tear his head off im sure that would work.

With the OPs rules, I'd give this to Godzilla.

@Joygirl said:

The Tarrasque could do that too with some challenge. Sans body-absorbing.

I hate to say it but Tarrasque vs. Etrigan would be a cool fight, but this one might be a bit of a mismatch. Godzilla is too big, and he's actually very intelligent. He's capable of destroying moon sized astroids with a single atomic breath, and he has thrown beings his size (80,000+ tons) over a mile in a single toss.

Baby Godzilla might be a good fight for him, but even he's 15,000 tons and 130 feet.

I love the Tarrasque, on of my all time favorite D&D monsters, but he's not touching Godzilla, it's doubtful there's much he could do to harm him. Whereas Godzilla can smash him to pieces by stepping on him, and considering he's 117-340 feet taller, and over 69,000 tons heavier, that's not exactly an impossibility...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Tarrasque could take Godzilla, Mechagodzilla and Space Godzilla.

The regen, the reflections, the claws...the Tarrasque is the Godzilla of D&D and he makes normal Godzilla look like a man in a suit trampling a cardboard city.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@joygirl:

isn't a Tarrasque like, seventy feet long?

Godzilla is between 165 and 330(depending on which version{BTW, what version are we using?})

so Godzilla has a huge size advantage

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@Ultra_Girl_: 153.6 tons. And its durability is its true strength.

well, the lightest version of Godzilla is twenty thousand tons

so.......there's that

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@joygirl:

Godzilla is between 165 and 330(depending on which version{BTW, what version are we using?})

The Tarrasque also tanks planet-busting attacks, LITERALLY WITHOUT NOTICING

Like, there's a 60% chance for the damn thing to not even NOTICE YOU.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@joygirl:

The Tarrasque also tanks continent-busting attacks, LITERALLY WITHOUT NOTICING

Like, there's a 60% chance for the damn thing to not even NOTICE YOU.

okay, when has Tarresque tanked a continent busting attack?

and Godzilla laughs at your statistics, to the pint that most gamers consider him a deity

http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/d20/bios/godzilla.htm

Avatar image for katrin_romanoff_004
Katrin_Romanoff_004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They team up and level Tokyo.

Avatar image for orlok_tharidizun_the_destroyer
Orlok_Tharidizun_the_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goji tosses him across the Horizon never to be seen again.

Zeldafan08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see...

Both Godzilla and the tarrasque have a ridiculous healing factor, meaning that most wounds dealt to them will heal quite quickly and neither of them will kill the other, so, as the OP states, the battle ends when one of them KOs the other and damages them to the point that any other creature would be considered dead.

The tarrasque is 50 feet tall, 70 feet long, and weighs 130 tons. The smallest version of Godzilla is 164 feet tall and weighs 20,000 tons, while the largest (and most current) version is 328 feet tall and weighs 60,000 tons.

Both are slow and lumbering (but capable of short bursts of speed), although due to Godzilla's much greater size, he does technically move faster (as each step brings him farther then the tarrasque's can). Also, at least one version was able to jump several thousand feet in the air.

While the tarrasque is just a dumb animal, Godzilla usually displays some degree of intelligence. Exactly how smart he is varies: while most versions are smart like a wolf or orca, having an ability to strategize and trick opponents in battle, the version of the cheesy 60s and 70s movies was actually sentient, having intelligent conversations with other monsters in a monster "language."

They are also both very durable, with Godzilla being unaffected by tanks and missiles... and nukes and meteors, and the tarrasque being at least immune to non-magical medieval weaponry and having a carapace that reflects all energy weapons, although it only covers his back. I'm going to assume that they are both capable of piercing each others skin.

Although I'm not sure how strong the tarrasque is, I'm almost certain it's not enough to lift 20,000 tons, let alone 60,000. Meanwhile, Godzilla has thrown a 30,000 ton monster over the horizon ( admittedly, with the help of some leverage).

And finally, perhaps the most important factor, their methods of attacking each other. The tarrasque only has mundane melee attacks (claws, teeth, horns, and tail). Godzilla has those (minus the horns) and his Atomic Ray, which causes a lot of harm even to most other giant monsters. Even if tarrasque is unaffected by the heat aspect of the attack (I'm assuming immunity to fire applies to heat in general), it's not immune to radiation or pure kinetic energy (the ray causes explosions when it hits the ground and buildings and often pushes back lighter monsters). Also, several incarnations of him have an Atomic Pulse (which is basically an unconcentrated Atomic Ray that radiates a short distance in all directions from his body) and a Hyper Spiral Ray (which is like the atomic ray x50). And if you want to really stretch it, he has also flown by using his Atomic Ray like a jet and absorbed lightning to somehow magnetize his body, but I wouldn't count those since they both come out of nowhere and are only used once in the series (also, I'm pretty sure at least one of them was from a movie that was originally intended to be for a different monster, and they didn't write it out of the script when it was changed to a Godzilla movie).

All considered, I'm gonna say Godzilla has this one in the bag. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the tarrasque, it's my favorite DnD monster, but it's basically Godzilla without any special powers and scaled down so that it can be fought by a party of adventurers, with the only added advantage being its reflective carapace, which, as I mentioned, only covers its back. They don't call Godzilla the "King of the Monsters" for nothing.

Tl;dr: Godzilla wins.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeldafan08: Fabulous! :O I guess it's case closed then.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Damn, late on this one. Godzilla.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By RisingBean

@joygirl: Is it sad I'm more interested in how that Batman campaign went?

JwwProd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By JwwProd

Godzilla but it would be an interesting fight.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Joygirl

@risingbean: It didn't last that long actually before schedules changed and nobody could find a time to converge. It went decently, nobody even caught on to the fact that it was a thin Batman allusion. Though I made it too scary for certain members anyway (scary atmospheric music, bodies hanging from hooks, torture chambers, copper tubs full of blood, flesh-eating parasites using small children as hosts, etc etc etc) so its popularity fluctuated.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Sad to see all that work didn't pan out. Sounds really cool at any rate. You ever consider play by post? Paizo and Giant in the Playground have groups that I have seen. As for my tabletop group, don't tell anybody, but I'm playing an archer named Clint. He used to be in the circus before he became a merc. Now he shoots goblins in the face. Nobody in my group has commented on it if they even notice.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Tarassque.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Hah. XD And I have considered it yeah, I even have a GitP account but I'm terrified of new communities.

Avatar image for christian_stamm
Christian_Stamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiya you all keep going on about terrasque's regen ability, and resistances but godzilla also shares these features not to the same extent on the beam thing but the point is that all of what makes the terrasque terrifying is present in godzilla but godzilla is bigger, stronger, and more intelligent. Godzilla wins hands down. On top of that Godzilla had a tiny black hole launched at him and he just shrugged it off like it was nothing, I wanna see terrasque do that.

Avatar image for christian_stamm
Christian_Stamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Hiddenlight

The Tarrasque is in no way the most powerful monster in D&D, try some of the ones in the Epic Level Handbook, a Xixecal would be a greater threat. A single word from him can kill you, he have an army of colossal dragons that sleeps in his back, can cancel magic, dominate monsters and people and command them mentally, invoke a meteor storm, be completely invisible and undetectable by any means (Despite having the height of Mt. Everest), can summon dragons, is covered by an eternal winter zone that freezes everything that touches him, ignores most damage that isn't from Adamantine, Good or Epic Weapons, can conjure humungous walls of ice that are almost indestructible, have a really powerful healing factor, can accelerate himself in time making him truly fast and have a frost breath that can freeze instantly almost any creature. Also, all his attacks freeze slowly the opponent, turning them slower and slower.

"Oh, look, that motherf*ckin mountain is motherf*ckin walking!"

The Tarrasque is being slammed and stomped pretty hard here :( C'mon, even a old enough Red Dragon can kill him lol

Pyro_raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla's bigger than the Tarrasque.