Godzilla vs Superman

Avatar image for xerothehedgeh209
#301 Posted by XeroTheHedgeh209 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerothehedgeh209:

I don't think you understand the idea of a character's "Standards".I Think I Do So I Don't Know Where You Got That Statement From

Superman does not fight Darkseid on a daily basis.Did I Ever Said That Exactly Thats What I Thought

In fact, Darkseid is usually considered to be a JL villain. Superman's standards is not surviving nukes. Godzilla's is. Feats do not matter in the long run. Want me to show you what Superman's standards are?

Superman being damaged by Electricity. One of his main villains is Livewire.Dude Livewire's Electricity Is 10x Stronger than normal electricity so it makes sense that superman gets hurt by livewire's attacks and thats not new 52 im talking about new 52 so that comic panel doesn't count
Superman being damaged by Electricity. One of his main villains is Livewire.Dude Livewire's Electricity Is 10x Stronger than normal electricity so it makes sense that superman gets hurt by livewire's attacks and thats not new 52 im talking about new 52 so that comic panel doesn't count
Superman being hurt by WW's kick.Because WW is As Strong As Superman And Obviously Stronger than a normal human being and WW can beat superman if she wanted to.
Superman being hurt by WW's kick.Because WW is As Strong As Superman And Obviously Stronger than a normal human being and WW can beat superman if she wanted to.
Superman bleeding from normal Super strength.Thats Stupid Batman Shouldnt Be Able To Make Superman Bleed By Just Normal Human Punches
Superman bleeding from normal Super strength.Thats Stupid Batman Shouldnt Be Able To Make Superman Bleed By Just Normal Human Punches
Superman being hurt by more normal super strength.I KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!
Superman being hurt by more normal super strength.I KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Godzilla would never even feel any of these attacks.For Batman It Makes Sense But WW Has Taken Out The Freaking God Of War Ares And Ares Would Beat Godzilla

yet SUperman has bled by them.Batman Able To Bleed Superman With Normal Human Punches Is Beyond Idiotic

If this was not a specialized fight, where Superman was angry or had prep, Superman would be easily caught off guard by an attack that is the equivalent to hundreds of nukes going off at the same time (Godzilla's standard attack, the atomic breath).

Superman has had some BS comics Your Right In That Stand Point

but when it's simply left up to his basic superhero standards, he is no more than that, a basic superhero.

You may find some gem in the rubble about how Superman "Punched through a galaxy" That Was Probably Silver Age Superman Or What Ever But Its Not New 52 Superman

"Lifted a book with infinite pages" true he didnt he needed help i think it was WW i cant recall

but really, those aren't his standards. He can accomplish great feats, but I've seen him fail more times than I've seen him be godly. Hell, I've seen him get one hit by Orion.I Dont Know Who Orion Is To Make A Statement About That.

-

-

No Caption Provided

-

#302 Posted by TheRedEclipse (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerothehedgeh209

You know you're just making really bad excuses right?
-
"Superman does not fight Darkseid on a daily basis.Did I Ever Said That Exactly Thats What I Thought"
-
I never said you said that. What I did say was that these character's standards matter. Darkseid is not a standard opponent of Superman.
-
"Dude Livewire's Electricity Is 10x Stronger than normal electricity so it makes sense that superman gets hurt by livewire's attacks and thats not new 52 im talking about new 52 so that comic panel doesn't count"
-
1) Where's your evidence for the 10x stronger feat
2) Godzilla wouldn't be harmed from an attack that was 10x stronger than electricity. He survives attacks from King Ghidorah's rays on the daily. Ghidorah wipes out civilizations.
3) Doesn't matter if it's new 52 or not. The author of this post clearly did not specify, and you have no right to claim that it should only be the new 52.
-
"Because WW is As Strong As Superman And Obviously Stronger than a normal human being and WW can beat superman if she wanted to."
-
WW can beat Superman? WW? You know she constantly spars with Batman right? I mean, she wins, but she clearly isn't on the same level as Superman. Not at all. Superman is the most powerful character in the JL, Batman's the second, WW's the third and so forth. I thought everybody knew this.
-

"I KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!"
-
And you don't seem to realize that Braniac and WW super strength wouldn't do shit to Godzilla. A weaker version of him tussled with Thor. It is clearly a part of his standards.
-
"For Batman It Makes Sense But WW Has Taken Out The Freaking God Of War Ares And Ares Would Beat Godzilla"
-
Batman had super strength at the time, and WW has terrible feats. One of her main opponents is Cheetah... a normal human with slight super strength that has razor sharp claws :D I don't even think she can survive getting hit with a bullet. That would make her bracelets pointless you know.
-
"Batman Able To Bleed Superman With Normal Human Punches Is Beyond Idiotic"
-

1) They weren't
2) Superman has bled by mech punches before, weak af
-
"That Was Probably Silver Age Superman Or What Ever But Its Not New 52 Superman"
-
Doesn't matter.
-
" "Lifted a book with infinite pages" true he didnt he needed help i think it was WW i cant recall"
-
Infinity divided by infinity is still infinity. BS comic as is. Should be smited for being PIS.
-
"I Dont Know Who Orion Is To Make A Statement About That."
-
Lets just say Godzilla wouldn't get 1-hit from one blast from Orion.

#303 Edited by XeroTheHedgeh209 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@theredeclipse: I'm done talking to you superman faced people 10x stronger than godzilla.Batman is the weakest in the JL.superman lifted heavier thing's than godzilla superman lifted 200 quadrillion tons.superman can beat godzilla.I'm done this conversation is over and I'm not trying to be a jerk.

#304 Posted by TheRedEclipse (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerothehedgeh209: You clearly have no idea how to debate. At all. In fact, the entire basis of my argument was based around the fact that Superman was stronger than Godzilla if you nitpicked, and if you didn't look at the straightup facts. The facts are that Superman has better feats than Godzilla, but Godzilla's standards are far superior to Superman's. Superman fights people like Livewire and Cyborg Superman. They are incredibly weak. Godzilla's standards are characters like King Ghidorah and Space Godzilla, incredibly powerful. You see, there is a difference between how these two characters are portrayed. Godzilla is usually placed as the villain, and Superman is usually placed as the hero. One would think that the hero always beats the villain, so that's that, but that is not the case. Usually, the villain's standards are much higher because they have to survive more and take in more to be a good villain. Heroes, like Superman, are usually depicted as being weaker than they actually are (When it comes to their standards) so that they have constant real threats. If Superman was really as strong as you say, why doesn't he one punch all of his villains? Why doesn't he use his super intelligence to outsmart them? Why doesn't he throw them into the cosmos? Because those are not his standards. Superman, when it comes straight down to his standards, are injured by cars, planes, rocks and super strength. None of these are a problem for Godzilla.

#305 Posted by TheRedEclipse (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and by the way, Batman is the second most powerful. He is by far the most intelligent, creating teleportation devices from scratch and he even created life (Brother Eye). He clearly isn't as strong but his strategies/plans have defeated the Justice League twice, and, to top it off, here are some feats straight from memory:
-
-Batman once defeated Aquaman in a 1v1
-Batman once defeated Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash in a 4v1
-Batman once defeated Superman in a 1v1 (With Kryptonite)
-Batman once made Darkseid bleed with a single kick
-Batman has taken down Green Lantern around 7 times
-Batman has beaten Metallo in a 1v1
-Batman has beaten Bizarro 2/3 times
-Batman has beaten Lex Luthor in a 1v1 (But his suit was damaged, so I don't know if it counts)
-Batman once shot Darkseid but died in the process
-Batman once defeated Darkseid with the Hellbat armor
-Batman once outsmarted Darkseid by threatening to nuke Apakolypse
-
He may not be the strongest, or the best 1v1er, but he sure as fuck is the second most powerful, maybe third considering WW's feats but I'd still go with second.

#306 Edited by XeroTheHedgeh209 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@theredeclipse: I'm done with this debate superman faced stronger people than godzilla.I'm.done don't reply.

#307 Posted by TheRedEclipse (117 posts) - - Show Bio

So you admit you're wrong? You admit defeat young padawan

#308 Posted by comic_book_fan (12016 posts) - - Show Bio

superman with easy.

#309 Edited by Vertigo- (17926 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Godzilla? There are so many versions....

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#310 Posted by blackpantherisb (7602 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in a good fight

#311 Edited by KanyeCosby (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps

#312 Posted by volcanicbeast3 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@runk: Godzilla doesn't need to breath

#313 Edited by LeeHaralsonjr (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman pretty easy. Too fast, stronger, smarter and can casually bfr him.

#314 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Whose dumb enough to say Godzilla cannot breath in space. He done so many times.

I can think of a few versions of Godzilla that would beat Superman.

Avatar image for returnofzejelly
#315 Posted by ReturnOfZeJelly (74 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for returnofzejelly
#316 Posted by ReturnOfZeJelly (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla stomps! Superman lost to Doonsday! Also, thanks to this thread,

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/t-rex-vs-godzilla-403520/

we know a T Rex could beat Godzilla. Thus, a T Rex CAN beat Supes.

Supes has lost to Darkseid, Batman, and even VENOM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Vl_lToJGt9E/hqdefault.jpg

T Rez > Godzilla > Supes

#317 Posted by Hypoallergenic (162 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't suppose godzilla's atomic breath is red star radiation?

Avatar image for christianrapper
#318 Posted by christianrapper (6598 posts) - - Show Bio

how is he going to be beat superman? he couldn't even beat charles barkley.

#319 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

runk says:

"superman picks up godzilla and flys him off into space and leaves him there where godzilla can't breathe and dies. Superman is back before comercials are over. This really is about a 30 second fight."

Yup.

#320 Posted by BathroomMan (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Which versions? Composite? I don't see what Godzilla is doing to Cosmic Armor Superman unless there's a multiversal Godzilla comic or something I don't know about. Haha!

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#321 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, this isn't debatable.

#322 Edited by rawsos (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@runk said:

superman picks up godzilla and flys him off into space and leaves him there where godzilla can't breathe and dies. Superman is back before comercials are over. This really is about a 30 second fight.

Godzilla can survive in space. Also dont tell me “He´ll just throw him into the sun or a quasar“ Godzilla can survive those too. His IDW sprial beam is big bang level so....

#323 Posted by GojiraKing1985 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, this isn't debatable.

Pretty debatable since many versions of Superman are barely moon level.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#324 Posted by RampageTheFirst (8042 posts) - - Show Bio

@gojiraking1985: You really don't need to be moon level to stomp Godzilla and current Superman is a casual planet buster.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#325 Posted by EternalDarkFury (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman barely

#326 Posted by TakenStew22 (5837 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'know it would really help to tell which versions of big G and Supes we're using.

Assuming this is Pre-52 Superman and composite movie Godzilla (since many people like to combine the film versions to avoid confusion), Superman throws him into the sun. Godzilla's atomic breath and nuclear pulse will way him down for a little but Supes can make it.

#327 Posted by Rockette (6659 posts) - - Show Bio

Composite Godzilla WRECKS! Any stand-alone version of Godzilla likely loses to all but the weakest versions of Superman however.

#328 Posted by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is idw Godzilla I’m pretty sure he wins.