#2  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Probably Heisei team in a good fight.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Legendary Godzilla might be able to solo in a long fight. Heisei Godzilla would be the last to go down due to his regen, but unless I'm missing something, Legendary Godzilla's beam should be strong enough to overwhelm him with a continuous blast. Legendary Godzilla's also too tough, quick, and skilled for anyone on team Heisei at this point.

Even if Legendary Godzilla cannot solo, the rest of his team secures the win for certain.

Godzilla26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone on the heisei team solos

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Vertigo-

Heisei is way more broken and scales way higher. You have 2 planetary characters and a planetary+ character on the Heisei team.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By WarlordEternal

Bump

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting how others are choosing heisei, but those particular heisei kaiju didn't seem that broken to me. They do spam beams more than Legendary kaiju but they don't seem anywhere as good in cqc. Legendary Godzilla should be able to tank those beams and do a lot of damage with his own or tear them apart in cqc.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 takenstew22  Moderator

@rebake said:

Interesting how others are choosing heisei, but those particular heisei kaiju didn't seem that broken to me. They do spam beams more than Legendary kaiju but they don't seem anywhere as good in cqc. Legendary Godzilla should be able to tank those beams and do a lot of damage with his own or tear them apart in cqc.

People like to scale wank Heisei for some reason when consistently the characters really aren't that strong. Heisei Godzilla was only planetary when he melts down and explodes as Burning G.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By clAssymErc

Hmmm... This is a tough one.

No one from Heisei team is soloing. In fact I honestly think the first to go down is potentially Fire Rodan. Guy is a glass canon.

A fight between HeiseiGoji and LegendGoji is actually closer than some may think. LegendGoji is larger, faster, and possibly has a more powerful atomic ray. Especially considering the Heisei version in use. I will say this though, Heisei possibly has better strength feats.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Heisei Mothra vs Legendary Mothra: Heisei Mothra stomps hard.

Heisei Rodan vs Legendary Rodan: Heisei wins in a decent fight.

Heisei Ghidorah vs Legendary Ghidorah: Legendary stomps

Still haven't watched the latest movie so I can't comment on the Godzilla fight as of now.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: GvK Godzilla didn't really appear any more powerful than he was in the previous movie, aside from one Atomic breath feat.

Raven_godKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one from Heisei team is soloing. In fact I honestly think the first to go down is potentially Fire Rodan. Guy is a glass canon.

A fight between HeiseiGoji and LegendGoji is actually closer than some may think. LegendGoji is larger, faster, and possibly has a more powerful atomic ray. Especially considering the Heisei version in use. I will say this though, Heisei possibly has better strength feats.

Why is Fire Rodan a glass-canon?

He survived multiple blasts from Mechagodzilla's strongest attacks and kept fighting. He was only seriously injured by the point-blank blast of MG's Plasma Grenade. Even before becoming Fire Rodan he tanked multiple blasts from Godzilla's atomic breath without going down. That's as impressive as any regular Heisei or Legendary monster.

Heisei Ghidorah was visibly injured by Godzilla's atomic breath, even more visibly than Rodan. Legendary Rodan was straight-up defeated by a single blast of Ghidorah's Gravity Beams, and even submitted his will as a result.

And Heisei Rodan actually has quite impressive melee abilities based on his fight against Godzilla.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clAssymErc

@ouroborik: This actually came to mind last night. I was rethinking to myself about how Fire Rodan would fair against each of the Legendary monsters.

Admittedly I haven't watched the film in years, but from what I remember Fire Rodan did not fair well against his opponents.

He would land some good shots, such as hitting Godzilla in the midsection, knocking him over and upside his head to send him tumbling into a mountainside, or springing back to life to damage MechaG's face, particularly the eye (Canon).

That being said he didn't appear to have great durability. Nearly every time Godzilla or MechaG would hit him, it was devastating. He would be in a lot of pain. Like when Godzilla caught him with repeated strikes from his tail, while buried. He then Stone Cold mudhole stomped him and blasted him into a coma that lasted a few days. He didn't fair any better against MechaG. He tried using range but as soon as he was blasted by Mecha he got knocked out the sky and buried under a skyscraper. After the surprise attack, he is nearly killed by another plasma shot. (Glass)

I will say this, these are Top Tier opponents he is facing. Both Heisei and Legendary Rodan, to me are glass canons as they can dish out some punishment, but could not take a whole lot. Legendary Rodan appeared to be the more viscous fighter, but Fire Rodan is more versatile.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: This actually came to mind last night. I was rethinking to myself about how Fire Rodan would fair against each of the Legendary monsters.

Admittedly I haven't watched the film in years, but from what I remember Fire Rodan did not fair well against his opponents.

He would land some good shots, such as hitting Godzilla in the midsection, knocking him over and upside his head to send him tumbling into a mountainside, or springing back to life to damage MechaG's face, particularly the eye (Canon).

That being said he didn't appear to have great durability. Nearly every time Godzilla or MechaG would hit him, it was devastating. He would be in a lot of pain. Like when Godzilla caught him with repeated strikes from his tail, while buried. He then Stone Cold mudhole stomped him and blasted him into a coma that lasted a few days. He didn't fair any better against MechaG. He tried using range but as soon as he was blasted by Mecha he got knocked out the sky and buried under a skyscraper. After the surprise attack, he is nearly killed by another plasma shot. (Glass)

I will say this, these are Top Tier opponents he is facing. Both Heisei and Legendary Rodan, to me are glass canons as they can dish out some punishment, but could not take a whole lot. Legendary Rodan appeared to be the more viscous fighter, but Fire Rodan is more versatile.

Your recall of his fight is pretty accurate, but you are low-selling his performance, especially in comparison to other kaiju.

Yes, Rodan did get KO'ed after a few blasts and physical strikes from Godzilla, but the amount of attacks he survived is already as much as any other Heisei monster save for Larva Battra managed to take before going down (prior to the final three "teambusters" Mechagodzilla, Spacegodzilla and Destoroyah).

Biollante could only take a couple of atomic blasts in her first form and an handful in her final form before being defeated. Ghidorah took about the same damage as Base Rodan before dying (both standard and Mecha form). Battra and Mothra in their imago forms were both in extreme danger after just a couple of attacks from Godzilla managing to land. That's just how the Heisei series worked, Godzilla's atomic breath could actually do damage whenever it hit, it wasn't just for show.

Rodan managed to fight Godzilla for a few minutes, bring him down twice, cause him visible pain several times and tank a few attacks in the process. The fact that Rodan was still fighting without visible injuries and getting attacks in after being hit a couple of times by Godzilla's atomic breath is enough for me to consider him a decently durable monster.

It's the same as a character fighting Superman and taking an handful of punches and a couple of heat-vision blasts before going down; yes, Superman is clearly superior by the end of the fight, but the opponent who took several of his attacks and kept fighting can officially be considered to have a pretty good level of superhuman durability.

Losing to Heisei Godzilla, and especially Mechagodzilla, is no shame. Rodan still did MUCH better against them than either Rodan or Mothra did in their fights in King of the Monsters.

Legendary Rodan's best feat in KotM was creating the destructive winds and destroying the fighter jets.

Fire Rodan created similar winds and destroyed several big man-made strucutres while looking for Baby Godzilla, and even used those winds in his base form while fighting Godzilla. He also showed comparable maneuverability when he released Baby's container from an helicopter in midair and when he outperformed and took down the Garuda before fighting Mechagodzilla.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: I see your points but I don't think I am low selling him. There is nothing wrong with being a glass canon. Biollante is one of my favorites and she most definitely is one. And like you said, and I mentioned before, he is fighting top tier guys, there is no shame in losing.

I just rewatched the fight with Godzilla. He tanked one grazing shot and one full on one, before he couldn't handle it any more. That's not bad, but the thing is, I would not compare him in any way to Ghidorah for a few reason.

1. Ghidorah took way more accurate atomic blast before getting mortally injured.

2. Ghidorah nearly killed Godzilla. Something Rodan could never come close to doing.

3. Godzilla won thanks to outside interference. He needed no such thing when fighting Rodan.

When looking back on it, I would say that the mostly like to fall would be Legendary Rodan as he has no heatbeam. Fire Rodan does. In that regard, yeah, I probably low-balled him there in my earlier post.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ouroborik

@ouroborik: I see your points but I don't think I am low selling him. There is nothing wrong with being a glass canon. Biollante is one of my favorites and she most definitely is one. And like you said, and I mentioned before, he is fighting top tier guys, there is no shame in losing.

I just rewatched the fight with Godzilla. He tanked one grazing shot and one full on one, before he couldn't handle it any more. That's not bad, but the thing is, I would not compare him in any way to Ghidorah for a few reason.

1. Ghidorah took way more accurate atomic blast before getting mortally injured.

2. Ghidorah nearly killed Godzilla. Something Rodan could never come close to doing.

3. Godzilla won thanks to outside interference. He needed no such thing when fighting Rodan.

When looking back on it, I would say that the mostly like to fall would be Legendary Rodan as he has no heatbeam. Fire Rodan does. In that regard, yeah, I probably low-balled him there in my earlier post.

I mean, I see your point and I don't think you are insulting Rodan or anything. And Biollante is also one of my favourite kaiju ever and she is definitely the weakest of the Heisei series.

But I really don't agree with the glass-canon definition because that would imply everyone else is also a glass-canon. Mothra, Battra, Biollante, Mechagodzilla without the energy absorbtion, Moguera and Ghidorah were all as hurt as Rodan. Assuming that Rodan is a glass canon is assuming that everyone in the Heisei series incapable of tanking atomic blasts is a glass-canon, which just isn't the case.

The Heisei kaiju were still far above human military standards of durability. Losing to Godzilla's atomic breath is a feat for Godzilla, not an anti-feat for his opponents.

Comparing the Heisei kaiju to the other eras (including Legendary) I would still rate most of them as being the strongest versions of themselves (Ghidorah being a notable exception). Heisei Mothra was seriously injured by Godzilla, arguably faster than any other version, but still I consider her the strongest version of Mothra to have fought Godzilla because her powers were way more impressive independently of how well she did against Godzilla.

Same thing for Rodan. Heisei Rodan clearly lost to Godzilla while Showa Rodan seemed to be more or less Godzilla's equal, yet I would rate Heisei Rodan above SHowa Rodan because his losing fight against Godzilla looked way more impressive than Showa's stalemate.

Regarding the Ghidorah Heisei fight. Yes, the humans did intervene but their intervention didn't directly cause Ghidorah to lose. The humans made the Futurians lose mental-control over Ghidorah but Ghidorah kept fighting Godzilla on instinct. The difference was that Ghidorah under the Futurians mind-control was using flight to his advantage and just spamming Gravity Beams, whereas afterwards it tried to fight Godzilla physically and that was where it lost. By comparison, Rodan had no choice in his first fight than to face Godzilla physically because he didn't have any beam attacks like Ghidorah. If they had fought after Rodan attained his Fire form, he could have done just as well as Ghidorah did.

Avatar image for multifandomboyo
MultifandomBoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heisei team stomps hard even if the Monsterverse had the rest of their verse to back them up.

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gallavant123
@takenstew22 said:
@rebake said:

People like to scale wank Heisei for some reason when consistently the characters really aren't that strong. Heisei Godzilla was only planetary when he melts down and explodes as Burning G.

Hard math puts Heisei on top. You can disprove the consistency issue.

gallavant123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a science for it.

No Caption Provided