Godzilla(2014) Vs. Superman(Man of Steel)

• 136 results
spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

These are the recent film versions of the characters. Morals off. Battle takes place in San Francisco, CA. Battle ends with either a knockout or death.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel, Godzilla was slow in this incarnation and I don't see him tagging superman, while supes can pound on him till he goes down.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

10 hours~....

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator
Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Godzilla still can't tag him. . .

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste: Unless Superman moves at light-speed, he will...

He has to attack Godzilla, the chances of Superman getting tagged are high. Strength-wise, Godzilla dwarfs any of the MOS Kryptonians...MOS Superman is just Byrne-era Superman, not sufficient to take down the largest incarnation of Godzilla.

The dorsal rays of Godzilla casually shrugged off a multitude of missiles...

spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes definitely has the speed. That said, Godzilla took that stabfest from the two kaijus like a champ.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I clocked Superman's flight speeds in the Mach 100's range (it was a huge range from like 100-700).

Either way, not close to speed of light.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Godzilla couldn't even react to supersonic speeds, or even the methodical and slow blows of those creatures, he simply tanked them. . for a while, Godzilla hasn't shown, so far, the ability to even catch or touch something as small as superman, he's not going to hit him at all.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: I clocked it at Mach 335 tops, nowhere near into light-speed and he only reached the higher-tier Mach, he's honestly not strong enough to lift Godzilla, especially this version...

He's just the Byrne-era Superman, that's not sufficient to take on this Godzilla.

He took missiles in his sleep (standard for any Godzilla I guess, but...):

Loading Video...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste: He will smack him with his tail. That's the point really, he effortlessly shrugged off missiles, etc. Godzilla's strength dwarfs Superman's....Superman himself, did not show the speed necessary to take a massive advantage over Godzilla, the slow Nam-Ek tagged him. What's Nam-Ek's best feat? Intercepting a jet? Hardly much for any version Godzilla, unless it's the 98 Zilla.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eisenfauste

@frozen: Did you see him hit that parasite with his tail in the movie, I could have got up went to the bathroom came back and maybe his tail would have hit it by then, its no where near fast enough to tag supes, nor has he shown pinpoint accuracy which is what he would need. Godzilla is going to go down after a while, nothing he has done so far displays any ability to beat superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste: Um, no. He does have the speed to tag Superman, bullets nearly tagged Superman. Nam-Ek, who was slow as hell tagged him. Superman doesn't really have any way of putting him down, his strength was nerfed in the movie to what Superman is in the comics, it was more in tune with Superman at 1986 levels.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

@frozen: bullets and nam-ek are faster than this Godzilla. The male MUTO was too fast for him most of the time.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Godzilla hasn't thrown tail whips or punches in the movie that supersede the speed of a bullet, so yeah superman isn't going to be tagged. Also like I said, until Godzilla shows he can attack someone as small as a human is to him, while said human is moving at high mach speeds with a punch or a tail swipe, which he could only pretty much do horizontally as we have seen( superman can attack him from vertical directions, diagonal, whatever he wants to) then godzilla isn't going to beat him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste: His tail whip was clearly faster than sound, the strength made to generate it made it so. Superman, only moved higher-tier Mach in space, prior to that he barely moved faster than Mach 1. That's about it. He doesn't really have the strength to hurt Godzilla, feasibly from what was given to us in MOS.

@frozen: bullets and nam-ek are faster than this Godzilla. The male MUTO was too fast for him most of the time.

Nam-Ek's best feat was intercepting a jet...

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: If it was a tail snap, then yes, its a tail rotation( almost a full one too btw) which did not make it anywhere supersonic speeds, you still haven't countered my point as to his pinpoint accuracy to tag MOS

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste:

One missile vs Foara

Loading Video...

Several missiles vs Godzilla

Loading Video...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste said:

@frozen: If it was a tail snap, then yes, its a tail rotation( almost a full one too btw) which did not make it anywhere supersonic speeds, you still haven't countered my point as to his pinpoint accuracy to tag MOS

Yes it did. The only reason it did not look so because his tail is large, large objects will look slower. The debris falling from MOS was at supersonic speeds, faster and they did not look like it. Yes, he can tag him --- by moving his tail into motion, MOS Superman only moved at Mach 1 in combat, his faster Mach speeds came in space. He doesn't really have the power necessary here to take on Godzilla.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eisenfauste

@frozen: I am well aware of his durability if thats what you were trying to prove here, I'm just waiting for you to show where Godzilla has pinpoint accuracy to hit a human flying at high mach speeds.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@eisenfauste: Not really sure why you think he needs pinpoint accuracy, when MOS Superman nearly got tagged by bullets travelling in a straight line, the slow Nam-Ek, etc. He'll be the one making the offensive on Godzilla, which runs the risk of getting intercepted via tail.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Still Godzilla hasn't displayed being able to do that IMO as far as I have seen after watching the movie, agree to disagree since I don't see this going elsewhere :P

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he throws it into space .

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozen  Moderator

he throws it into space .

Problem:

1. He's not strong enough to lift him. None of the MOS Kryptonians are
  2. Godzilla is much stronger
Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

I'm gonna watch the Godzilla movie on Monday. Is it any good?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(spoilers?, not really, it's Godzilla everyone knows his stats..)

Legendary Godzilla tanks nukes, how is MOS going to do anything?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: he tanked kiloton nukes, not megaton nukes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Godzilla 2014 was so very satisfying,

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Far dude, Godzilla wasn't that good.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Far dude, Godzilla wasn't that good.

The movie or the character? In regards to the character, he is clearly much more powerful than MOS level Kryptonians, perhaps Superman will gain the feats necessary in the next film.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: The film. You're contradicting everything you've ever said about Supes in previous threads.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozen  Moderator

@monsterstomp:

The film.

Was legendary.

You're contradicting everything you've ever said about Supes in previous threads.

In regards to Superman's speed, it only moved at higher-tier Mach in space, if this was against another character to which he could get into space (e.g. Hancock) then of course he wins, however Godzilla (this version at least) is above 100,000 tonnes in weight.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp:

The film.

Was legendary.

Agreed. Having seen literally every Godzilla film, I loved it so much.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: When did Superman ever fly in space for a period in which we can quantify his speed?

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: lol, pretty much summed up my feelings on the movie...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: When did Superman ever fly in space for a period in which we can quantify his speed?

He flew up to space in a matter of seconds, I debated it on the Hancock thread as Mach 335.

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp:

The film.

Was legendary.

I've seen them all too, honestly I've never seen Godzilla in such a way before, it was just awesome and truly felt sinister in some of the parts. The CGI was much better than I anticipated too.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

He flew up to space in a matter of seconds, I debated it on the Hancock thread as Mach 335.

He flew up to space in seconds, he wasn't in space until he flew into outa space. The speed was achieved in Earth's atmosphere. Also, I doubt his speed was anywhere near Mach 300+ I would settle for Mach 75 or even less, which is still speed Godzilla can't compete with.

I'm not saying Supes wins, I'm calling it a stalemate. Superman is too quick and Zilla is too durable.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@comicstooge said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp:

The film.

Was legendary.

I've seen them all too, honestly I've never seen Godzilla in such a way before, it was just awesome and truly felt sinister in some of the parts. The CGI was much better than I anticipated too.

I like how the film could be so serious and threatening, but also somewhat of a badass callback to the campy originals.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

He flew up to space in seconds, he wasn't in space until he flew into outa space. The speed was achieved in Earth's atmosphere. Also, I doubt his speed was anywhere near Mach 300+ I would settle for Mach 75 or even less, which is still speed Godzilla can't compete with.

I'm not saying Supes wins, I'm calling it a stalemate. Superman is too quick and Zilla is too durable.

Irrelevant, he flew back to Earth at similar speeds too, thus meaning the speed begins to generate in space. His speed was at least Mach 300 + and again, his speed would be cool against someone like Hancock, who he can actually get to space, Superman won't be able to generate Mach 75 against Godzilla, unless he BFR's him.

Superman is nowhere near as strong or durable, and BFR is a non-factor considering he can't lift Godzilla. Godzilla 8/10.

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@comicstooge said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp:

The film.

Was legendary.

I like how the film could be so serious and threatening, but also somewhat of a badass callback to the campy originals.

Yep; the size of him was monstrous though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MonsterStomp

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

Irrelevant, he flew back to Earth at similar speeds too, thus meaning the speed begins to generate in space. His speed was at least Mach 300 + and again, his speed would be cool against someone like Hancock, who he can actually get to space, Superman won't be able to generate Mach 75 against Godzilla, unless he BFR's him.

Superman is nowhere near as strong or durable, and BFR is a non-factor considering he can't lift Godzilla. Godzilla 8/10.

That makes zero sense, man. He already flew in Earth's atmosphere in the high-tier Mach, he doesn't need to be in space for that to happen, you and I just debunked that...

Superman isn't putting Godzilla down and Godzilla isn't tagging Superman. Stalemate.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

That makes zero sense, man. He already flew in Earth's atmosphere in the high-tier Mach, he doesn't need to be in space for that to happen, you and I just debunked that...

Superman isn't putting Godzilla down and Godzilla isn't tagging Superman. Stalemate.

It makes perfect sense. He flew to space at high-tier Mach and then he flew back to Earth at high-tier Mach.

Godzilla is going to KO him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

It makes perfect sense. He flew to space at high-tier Mach and then he flew back to Earth at high-tier Mach.

He flew at hypersonic speeds in Earth's atmosphere. He can fly hypersonic circles around Godzilla. Godzilla isn't touching him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp said:

He flew at hypersonic speeds in Earth's atmosphere. He can fly hypersonic circles around Godzilla. Godzilla isn't touching him.

Not quite. He was flying upwards, in a straight line --- then he reached space; when he flew upwards, he was also flying up fighting Zod at the same time (Zod using his speed). In one of the scenes, he flew up to space and it took him quite a while to break the sound-barrier.

Never in the film did he fly circles around someone, at best he flew in a straight line while scuffling around with Zod. And in combat, he was frequently tagged.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. The simple fact is while he doesn't kill humans if a huge amount of lives are in danger he will go full force (I'm baring Doomsday in mind with this scenario). I'm gonna go with the boy scout.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 frozen  Moderator

Superman. The simple fact is while he doesn't kill humans if a huge amount of lives are in danger he will go full force (I'm baring Doomsday in mind with this scenario). I'm gonna go with the boy scout.

How does Doomsday bare any relevance to MOS?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Well if you're going to take "fly hypersonic circles around Godzilla" literally, then you're right. Straight line or not. He flew against gravity and it took 3 seconds to reach outa space, initially flying in Earth's atmosphere. Flying horizontally wouldn't make much of a difference. Superman did fly at super speeds between buildings. That kind of reaction will allow him to weave around Godzilla at high speeds. Godzilla still isn't tagging him.

By the end of MoS Supes cracked the sound barrier with ease. You're referring to a scene earlier in the film. Which, again, contradicts what you've said on previous threads. You said Superman gradually grew more powerful, but here you're referring to scenes of a Superman with little experience with his powers.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@monsterstomp: It's much easier to obtain such speeds when flying in a straight line, opposed to flying like a tornado. The speeds he moved at between buildings was not very fast, and he only moved at fast speeds until Zod grab a hold of him, to which they both used their speed to move upwards, likewise when they flew back to Earth, they were flying alongside debris that travelled at similar speeds. Zod actually tagged him by smacking a big chunk of metal at him, and threw a shuttle at him. Even if we take his last fight, he was frequently tagged by slow attacks, he achieved faster speeds as he was flying upwards into space or downwards into Earth, travelling a distance.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 hours.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@monsterstomp: It's much easier to obtain such speeds when flying in a straight line, opposed to flying like a tornado. The speeds he moved at between buildings was not very fast, and he only moved at fast speeds until Zod grab a hold of him, to which they both used their speed to move upwards, likewise when they flew back to Earth, they were flying alongside debris that travelled at similar speeds. Zod actually tagged him by smacking a big chunk of metal at him, and threw a shuttle at him.

He was travelling at superhuman speeds between the buildings, his size will also make it difficult for Godzilla to land a hit. You still aren't convincing me that Godzilla can tag Superman. He's too quick.