Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By King Hercules
@Logic Mark III said:
"

@King Heracles: The warrior madness definately makes him stronger. Maybe as a part of the nature of their heroic ideal [plus writers obviously] Asgardians have the ability to gain strength. Many of Thor's opponents outstrip him in terms of strength, Magog, Kurse, Perikus etc, yet when the time comes he finds a reserve? gets a godly surge? I don't know and can overcome them physically. It happens so often it must be some kind of ability [again plus writers too]. If we take his fights with the Hulk for instance, you would think that in EVERY fight it would reach a point were Thor can't continue, if the Hulks strength keeps building and Thor's doesn't. Its either that or Thor has been holding back EXTREMELY fiercly to the point that even a savage Hulk doesn't command enough strength to make Thor unable to match him physically.

"

It has always been the power of Mjolnir  in Thor's hands that have beaten the classic Hulk. Not Thor's strength and fist alone. But the Hulk has beaten Thor with these and nothing more. And that surge would be adrenaline. And Thor's fights against physical superior  opponents have been won by other means other than strength or again with the use of his hammer. His recent battle with Mangog for example was won by him putting the hammer in his mouth and releasing a blast of power. Thor has no feats that matchs those of the Hulk in strength. And again Prof Hulk posing as Maestros matched a warrior madness Thor. Prof Hulk may be greatly stronger than Savage Hulk from their base levels, but he can't reach the levels that Savage Hulk has and can reach. Thor has limits as shown with his fight with Nefaria and 8th Day Juggernaut who exceeded his limits.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Logic Mark III

@ K Heracles:
I remember Thor fighting the Hulk at least once without Mjolnir as Hulk complained thats the only way he could match him. Mjolnir i am not sure about. I believe i remember a few occasions with Thor saying he uses Mjolnir as a crutch when the power is within himself. Sure Mjolnir does many things and i wouldn't completely say it doesn't bolster his strength but i doubt its to any appreciable degree. Like the instance with Magog you mention, i swear Thor beat him into a stuppor before that, whereas other attempts at physical force had done nothing to Magog. So he must have had a sharp increase, adrenaline as you say maybe yes - and to an Asgardian that may increase his strength to an amazing degree like with the Hulk's rage. Fact is i have yet to see the Hulk become too strong for Thor in a fight. Even as you say Maestro and Warrior Madness matching strength, they matched it all the way through right? Thus Thor has something that lets him keep pace. I remember one fight between the Hulk and Heracles when Heracles was depowered and in that fight it was plain to see, probably stated too, that the Hulk had reached a level of strength Hercales couldn't climb to anymore. I have never seen this for a fight with Thor. So regardless of what it is, Thor has the ability to keep pace with the Hulks strength increases thus far, there may be some theoretical level that Thor can't deal with but we have yet to see this. Right now Thor is fighting the most powerful Sentry we have seen in recent times and not getting the Ares treatment, so i would suggest that at least makes him equal to WWH.

I just had a thought that since this Skrull fought Odin Thor, i would bring up Thor: The Reigning. King Thor [same guy, Thor with Odinforce and if i recall correctly King Thor no longer had Mjolnir] managed to kill The Thing and The Hulk as well as other heores in close combat whilst his Odin Force was being held back by Doctor Strange and the Skyfathers of other Pantheons..... 

The Nefaria thing i have seen one, what happened in the instance you are bringing up and have there been more fights between them? 

8th Day Juggernaught, i believe Thor had been/was fighting the Enchanters [? was that them] Odin level challenging beings at the time and Mjolnir was playing up, i think. The Hulk himself has never had much success with Juggernaught, unless he has been boosted by Celestial tech or its the pissiest of pis. So that doesn't prove much for either one of them. I mean most if not all the time Thor has fought Juggs he has his force field up [the second Thor got rid of it he was waxing Juggs], i remember Thor blasting him with the same blast he used to cripple Galactus and it had no effect; YET when Juggs fights Hulk he seems to keep it down. 

King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By King Hercules
@Logic Mark III:
You make some good points. But let me point out that Thor can only increase his strength by usiing his belt of power which doubles it or the warriors madness which increase it 10 fold. And even with that increase the Hulk stood his ground with him while not trying to kill him.  

King Thor is not Odin Force Thor. King Thor had full access to Odin's power, while the current Thor had what was called the Thor Force. He wasn't even close to the power of King Thor. 

I agree with SOTI. With the current Hulk being able to reach Worldbreaker levels, he woul dwin this battle.