U-Foes or stalemate.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ironclad isn't an issue, however it depends on how well he can take X-Ray and Vectors powers at once. There is the possibility of him speed-blitzing them.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could maybe freeze the intangible ones. They could still overpower him with blasts beforehand though.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Vector can flay meat off of Hulk's bones, he turns Kallark into dust.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That happened when Hulk was slowly walking in a straight line. Plus Gladiator can possibly block his attacks with his eye beams. Due to Gladiators speed, flight and maneuverability ... I don't see Kallark allowing that same situation to happen.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:
@juiceboks said:

That happened when Hulk was slowly walking in a straight line. Plus Gladiator can possibly block his attacks with his eye beams. Due to Gladiators speed, flight and maneuverability ... I don't see Kallark allowing that same situation to happen.

Also, wasn't that against Grey Hulk who should be a lot weaker than Gladiator? Correct me if I am wrong.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

X-Ray solos.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator goes down.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trio de Danger

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: It was Professor Hulk. He looked Grey because he had his skin turn off. Then healed back to Green color

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@heirtothekingdom: It was Professor Hulk. He looked Grey because he had his skin turn off. Then healed back to Green color

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Haha, seems we were both right. How does he lose to Hulk then?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@heirtothekingdom: Only two instances I know Hulk has defeated him.

A radiation absorbing cage

And with a lead pipe.

No Caption Provided

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator's weakness is radiation. He's toast.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way. But Gladiator for the majority.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator loses.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@p00ty said:
@juiceboks said:

He was slowly walking in a straight line because Vector's blasts were that powerful, and the only reason he could slowly crawl at all was because of his strength, durability and healing factor most importantly. None of these things Gladiator has going for him. Gladiator's M.O is to go straight for a melee fight which would be suicide, and even if he did opt to use his eye beams they're nowhere near powerful enough to overpower Vector's blasts which again would have turned Hulk into a skeleton if not for his healing factor..

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@mr_ingenuity: Interesting, thanks for the info.

@p00ty said:
@juiceboks said:

He was slowly walking in a straight line because Vector's blasts were that powerful, and the only reason he could slowly crawl at all was because of his strength, durability and healing factor most importantly. None of these things Gladiator has going for him. Gladiator's M.O is to go straight for a melee fight which would be suicide, and even if he did opt to use his eye beams they're nowhere near powerful enough to overpower Vector's blasts which again would have turned Hulk into a skeleton if not for his healing factor..

Gladiator doesn't have strength and durability over Professor Hulk?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

U-Foes win.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom said:

No.

Really? What puts Professor Hulk above Gladiator?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: I think the real question is where exactly would you put Galdiator. Because even if we assume he's a Thor level character, Professor Hulk already fought Thor on 2 different occasions, one of them as Warrior's Madness and another one in a fist fight while Thor was confirmed was not holding back. I mean, Hulk already beat and stood up to Gladiator in a much weaker incarnation as well.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gladiator blitzes them before they can react.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Gladiator can't touch X-Ray and X-Ray will simply dispose of him rather quick.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: I think the real question is where exactly would you put Galdiator. Because even if we assume he's a Thor level character, Professor Hulk already fought Thor on 2 different occasions, one of them as Warrior's Madness and another one in a fist fight while Thor was confirmed was not holding back. I mean, Hulk already beat and stood up to Gladiator in a much weaker incarnation as well.

Professor Hulk has fought Thor twice, however, I'm not sure how I feel about him matching Warrior Madness Thor as it shouldn't be possible in my opinion. Even Professor Hulk matching regular Thor shouldn't happen, but it did, but I guess my view on it as your view on the whole Nul occasion. Nul shouldn't have been overpowered by Thor (if was supposed to be amped), while Thor shouldn't be matched by Professor Hulk. Either way, that's a debate for another day and doesn't hold much weight here.

As for where I see Gladiator, I'll rank it like this in terms of raw strength and durability.

1. Pre-Core Breach Hulk (I believe that's what you guys called it, I'm not as knowledgeable on him as you guys).
  2. Worthy Thor
  3. Gladiator
  4. Professor Hulk

If I had to assign numbers to them to show where they rank in terms of strength and durability compared to each other.

• Pre-Core Breach Hulk = 10 / 11 (just cause he's the Hulk)
  • Worthy Thor = 8.5 / 9
  • Gladiator = 7/ 7.5 / 8 (depending on day)
  • Professor Hulk = 6

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juiceboks  Moderator

@heirtothekingdom: Not at all. Hulk has more and consistently better showings, both against named characters and just in general.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

Professor Hulk has fought Thor twice, however, I'm not sure how I feel about him matching Warrior Madness Thor as it shouldn't be possible in my opinion. Even Professor Hulk matching regular Thor shouldn't happen, but it did, but I guess my view on it as your view on the whole Nul occasion. Nul shouldn't have been overpowered by Thor (if was supposed to be amped), while Thor shouldn't be matched by Professor Hulk. Either way, that's a debate for another day and doesn't hold much weight here.

I think Professor Hulk being considered so weak comes from the fact he's objectively one of Hulk's weakest incarnations, but it is not because of his strength and feats, but because he has an actual anger limit that would simply backpedal every time he reaches a certain point of anger. Is not a limitation other incarnations had, but besides that point, there's absolutely nothing to suggest Professor Hulk is actually weaker than your regular Savage Hulk, specially considering the feats he has while fighting other people and how his punches were being compared to nuclear strikes. The fact he doesn't have collateral damage feats like Savage Hulk is because this was a pretty smart Hulk who avoided confrontation on most cases, specially destructive scenarios but he still was consistently strong to put Juggernaut on his knees, fight Thor head on twice, fight Classic Drax head on, faired much better than Gladiator against Wonder Man, beats the crap out of amped Doc Samson and the list goes on.

Is not the same case-scenario with Nul considering Nul was simply assumed to be an amplification in power as opposed to a confirmation, much less when he has no feats at all to support being stronger or more durable than your regular Savage Hulk by feats. Professor Hulk on the other hand has been stated in these forums, not in the actual comics, to be one of the weaker incarnations but not because of his strength level, which is certainly on Savage Hulk's, but the fact he does not have the access to rage and power amplification Savage Hulk does, ergo, his powers tend to be watered down in comparison during lengthy battle situations, not to mention his failsafe feature.

As for where I see Gladiator, I'll rank it like this in terms of raw strength and durability.

1. Pre-Core Breach Hulk (I believe that's what you guys called it, I'm not as knowledgeable on him as you guys).
  2. Worthy Thor
  3. Gladiator
  4. Professor Hulk

But why? Why is Professor Hulk being put so low? What are his showings showcasing him being so low in this food chain, even more so when he ironically fought #2 in this list twice under different writers with very favorable context.

If I had to assign numbers to them to show where they rank in terms of strength and durability compared to each other.

• Pre-Core Breach Hulk = 10 / 11 (just cause he's the Hulk)
  • Worthy Thor = 8.5 / 9
  • Gladiator = 7/ 7.5 / 8 (depending on day)
  • Professor Hulk = 6

Again why? I've read every single appearance of Professor Hulk and he's not weak at all compared to Pre-Core Breach Hulk, hell, he might even be stronger than your regular Pre-Core Breach Savage Hulk depending on th situation, as he clearly has more access to initial strength on various occasions.

Likewise, what has Gladiator done consistently to put him beyond Professor Hulk...? I mean, he was beaten pretty easily by Eric Masterson, was pushed to the edge of his limits by Colossus, was beaten soundly by Thor and he couldn't overpower a dying Bannerless Hulk who ultimately exploited his weakness. He couldn't overpower Cannonball when he's been flat out knocked out by sentinels and another mutant with a simple kick, Gladiator was actually being smacked down physically by no other than Black Bolt, who is nothing more than a 60 toner.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By P00TY

@heirtothekingdom: @juiceboks: Vector is human speed. He can't even see or react to Gladiator if Glads uses a fraction of his speed. Glads has an entirely different power set from Hulk. Thinking their fight will be similar is not reasonable. And what is Vectors durability? One hit from a weak hulk KOed him. A thunder clap would KO him. Unless shown otherwise, Vector Doesn't have the combat speed nor durability to hang with Gladiator. And his heat vision is nothing to Question.

https://m.imgur.com/5MYSw50?r

https://m.imgur.com/Heygp1i?r

https://m.imgur.com/KmJGNLP

https://m.imgur.com/099GF06?r

https://m.imgur.com/Ejzm3kb?r

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: @heirtothekingdom: Don't know much about the trio but I agree that a confident Gladiator should be above Professor Hulk just based on his fights with Hulks in other forms and the fact that Professor hulk got his ass handed to him by jugs (I realize jugs should do this but I don't think hulk even got a punch in.. such a stomp..)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@educated said:

@ghostravage: @heirtothekingdom: Don't know much about the trio but I agree that a confident Gladiator should be above Professor Hulk just based on his fights with Hulks in other forms and the fact that Professor hulk got his ass handed to him by jugs (I realize jugs should do this but I don't think hulk even got a punch in.. such a stomp..)

Gladiator was getting his ass handed to him by a much weaker version Hulk, a Hulk exponentially weaker than Professor Hulk so...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 juiceboks  Moderator

@educated:

the fact that Professor hulk got his ass handed to him by jugs

You neglect to mention that Hulk wasn't trying to fight him for the majority of the encounter because he mistook him for a construction worker. You also neglect to mention that they had a second encounter two issues later where Hulk had Cain on his knees in two hits.

Let's also not pretend that Kallark would fare better than Hulk ever has against Cain.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HellionVulcan

@ghostravage said:

@hellionvulcan: Gladiator can't touch X-Ray and X-Ray will simply dispose of him rather quick.

He'd have to know the specific radiation to do anything as so far only Surfer knows what type it is so unless Gladiator informs of this info X-ray isn't doing a thing.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's also not pretend that Kallark would fare better than Hulk ever has against Cain.

Gladiator can do things the Hulk can not like easily bfr Cain while using his superior speed but in a straight up fist fight no one will beat a classic level Juggernaut.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By adamTRMM

Saying Hulk owned Gladiator in their fight is neglecting all context and story in hands to sell wishful narrative. And the idea that Professor H being able stalemate Thor in WM when even without it just stopping to hold back Thor owned SS, Warlack and Bill is in itself ridiculous unless we should also assume Prof H can even dream to replicate this feat without trying as it would suggest.

Anyway, if X-ray can target Gladiator's weakness, he's done.

Educated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Educated

@juiceboks: I could see Glads doing some work against Jugs in comparison to Prof. Hulk.. mess up his armor a little, give him a bloody nose similar to KH.. nothing lasting or impactful but he's got a shot provided he's using his speed, he could stand a chance of out-performing Prof. Hulk in the match-up (who literally did nothing at all lol).. that's the thing I hate about glads, one second he's fast af the next he has no form of super-speed what-so-ever to speak of...and that second fight your referring to wouldn't happen to be the one where Hulk sucker punched Jugs after breaking free from some form of mind control would it?

Scratch everything I just said I done defending Glads period, ***** can't even make up his mind if he's fast or not...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Gladiator was owned by Hulk though. A massively weakened and dying Hulk which makes it all the more embarrassing for Gladiator to lose to him. It just further proves he's not on the Thor/Hulk tier at all. Blood and Thunder Thor was specifically amped by his continuous adrenaline state which was confirmed by the editor in a letter's column. Which was different from Warrior's Madness and honestly a lot more powerful. The same Professor Hulk was giving BT Thor a good scrap with Drax until his propulsion unit was destroyed. Who has also matched Thor in two other fights.

X-Ray and Vector are enough to take Gladiator, he's weak against radiation and he doesn't have the durability to walk through Vector's beam like Hulk nor the healing factor to recover from it.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p00ty said:

@heirtothekingdom: @juiceboks: Vector is human speed. He can't even see or react to Gladiator if Glads uses a fraction of his speed. Glads has an entirely different power set from Hulk. Thinking their fight will be similar is not reasonable. And what is Vectors durability? One hit from a weak hulk KOed him. A thunder clap would KO him. Unless shown otherwise, Vector Doesn't have the combat speed nor durability to hang with Gladiator. And his heat vision is nothing to Question.

https://m.imgur.com/5MYSw50?r

https://m.imgur.com/Heygp1i?r

https://m.imgur.com/KmJGNLP

https://m.imgur.com/099GF06?r

https://m.imgur.com/Ejzm3kb?r

Vector isn't the problem here, X-ray is. Gladiator has a glaring vulnerability to radiation.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@educated:

the fact that Professor hulk got his ass handed to him by jugs

You neglect to mention that Hulk wasn't trying to fight him for the majority of the encounter because he mistook him for a construction worker. You also neglect to mention that they had a second encounter two issues later where Hulk had Cain on his knees in two hits.

Context can be a bitch, right? ;)

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon: Incorrect. Gladiator isn't weak to radiation in general. He is weak to a very specific unknown form of radiation. In Gladiators entire history that weakness has been exploited once. I doubt Xray will figure it out.

And if by LUCK he figures it out, I've seen nothing to suggest he has the speed to tag Gladiator.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No offence to Hulk fans at all, but why is it whenever he loses or doesn't put up a good fight or something along those lines, there is always some form of context that is used. Literally every fight brought up is always "context riddled", and to be honest I don't think it's true or fair.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@heirtothekingdom: In this case there is literally context behind it. Gladiator fought Hulk at a point in time when he was the nexus between two universes and his strength and durability fluctuated massively. Had Kallark fought him at any other time, this wouldn't be a problem.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd have to know the specific radiation to do anything as so far only Surfer knows what type it is so unless Gladiator informs of this info X-ray isn't doing a thing.

Not at all... Gladiator can still be harmed by other methods besides exploiting his weakness. There's nothing stopping X-Ray from simply drop him with radiation beams capable of dropping Thor himself, who is not particularly weak to radiation and still was affected. Give me a break now... It's always the same unjustified classification of power for Gladiator. He's a chump.

For anyone interested, here's a CaV with the U-Foes: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-banner-u-foes-ghostravage-vs-hulk-thedailybage-1625333/

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GhostRavage

No offence to Hulk fans at all, but why is it whenever he loses or doesn't put up a good fight or something along those lines, there is always some form of context that is used. Literally every fight brought up is always "context riddled", and to be honest I don't think it's true or fair.

Hulk is a context heavy character, starting from the nature of his powers.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because there's so many character who could never beat the Hulk without context due to his power levels, especially in the modern day. But in this case, context worked against Hulk and he still took down Gladiator.

And as Ghostravage said, Hulk is a context heavy character.

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Clad and Vector are non factors. They are easily outclassed in strength, combat/blitzing speed and durability.

Xray is the ONLY problem because he is intangible. Still, Glads can block his energy attacks with his own eyebeams and should be able to avoid his attacks. And Glads has flown through nuclear infernos(a giant star) with no problem. Plus it doesn't take much to beat Xray.

Can easily blitz Iron Clad and Vector
Can easily blitz Iron Clad and Vector
Oblivious to the NUCLEAR INFERNO that is a 100 miles long
Oblivious to the NUCLEAR INFERNO that is a 100 miles long
Vector and IronClad are defeated by one punch from Hulk who lost most of his mass
Vector and IronClad are defeated by one punch from Hulk who lost most of his mass
Gladiator was able to match eyebeams with PF Cyclops. He can block anything Xray throws at him
Gladiator was able to match eyebeams with PF Cyclops. He can block anything Xray throws at him

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Ray still solos. Gladiator can't see him and can't touch him whereas X-Ray can easily one shot him.

/thread