Gladiator vs She Hulk

• 83 results
Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@underfire47: also for the part where you said Gladiator was killed from a moonbuster not at full power, you failed to mention that weapon also killed Thor, Hyperion, hulk, doctor doom, Carol Danvers, drax, smasher, Colossus, blackbolt, silver surfer, Firelord and everyone else there. Thanos was the only one who survived and he was injured.

Or that at full power the weapon was killed galactus and celestials

That's not what i was referring to.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gladiator murks

Way faster, way more striking power, ranged attacks.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stezzy said:
@underfire47 said:
@stezzy said:

@takenstew22: Tag me next time. So you guys can use "current She Hulk" but I can't use Gladiator's most current feat? These arbitrary, double standard rules in comic vs debates is why I barely even debate anymore. You people also forget that Thanos said Gladiator was the most dangerous of the Annihilators which included Beta Ray Bill who's Thor's equal and that Tyrant said he was the strongest one as well?

I've seen more consistent high showings from Gladiator than low showings when I think about it. He was only ever weak during his debut which was decades ago.

The whole fight revolves around current She-Hulk because she got an amp from the Celestials a couple of years back that made her more powerful. No you can use current feats, the problem is people are baffled why anyone in their right mind would use such a feat to begin with, it's like the concept of outliers, context and canon/non-canon gets thrown out the window. Nobody forgot about that, the problem is it's just a statement, no better than the time Thanos said he avoids fighting the Hulk and compared the Hulk to Champion with the Power Gem who one-shotted a planet. Tyrant was talking about Surfer, not Gladiator.

Then you haven't seen enough, there are like dozens of low showings from the character, half a dozen at least in the last few years alone, stuff like failing to take out Heimdal with a galaxy long blitz and then struggling to beat him, getting one-shot by Throgg, struggling against dead Asgardians that Angela beat up, getting beat down by Jane Thor until his kid came to save him, having Sunspot out do him by being both faster and stronger, getting mangled by amped Anhilius in 2 pages, getting killed by a Moon busting laser, struggling to walk through a Starbrand fire that someone like She-Hulk ignored, getting KO'd by a blast that didn't KO several street tiers and mid-tiers in Guardians of the Galaxy comic, getting KO'd by being stabbed with a sword, etc...

I haven't read some of those stories so I can't comment on them but the Jane Foster one is false. He defeated her and captured her and his son didn't save him. Judging by how bad you misremembered this encounter you're going to have to provide scans or direct me to the stories themselves so I can get the context of those low showings.

*edit*

Nevermind, I saw another post where you posted the scans and another poster already gave full context and debunked each one and now you're repeating the same failed arguments. Don't bother.

No Caption Provided

Nothing i said about Jane Foster is false he literally got put down on his knees by Jane who stood over him and he needed his son to attack and distract her so he could blitz her and grab her by the throat

Don't worry i addressed that poster already.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christine1958plymouthfury
Christine1958PlymouthFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator All Day.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By del_torro

@underfire47 said:

@del_torro: Oh boy you went in over your head, lets start.

Sunspot never outdid Gladiator in strength or speed

That's just how he likes talking shit and being a pompous smart mouth lol. That's sunspots character, should I post when he said he's strongest mutant on earth? Will you also accept that as a legit feat? Smh. Not to mention Deathbird sunspot and Cannonball attacked Gladiator and couldn't beat him

Yes he did actually, first of all he catches a spear thrown by a bloodlusted Gladiator

catching spear thrown by someone does not mean you are stronger or faster than them. Good lord.

Secondly he is seen holding Gladiator back and Cannonball swooping in for a punch

No Caption Provided

Now you can argue this isn't proof that Sunspot is stronger and it would be a valid argument but the real argument comes from Sunspot having a feat of strength that is above any feat Gladiator has done.

nope nope nope nope nope

you are trying to shift the goal post

The argument is you saying "sunspot out did gladiator in speed and strength in new mutants"

Which never happened

You coming in to say, "but sunspot has other great feats that are better than gladiators" is shifting goal posts.

We are talking new mutants where gladiator fought sunspot, Cannonball and Deathbird at the same time. The fight where Cannonball did not over power, outspeed or out do gladiator in any way. Please stay on topic

It's the feat where Sunspot takes of his regulator headband and is capable of holding the weight of Earth in place with Hercules, effectively holding half the weight of Earth

Now show me anything from Gladiator in terms of physical strength that even comes close to this, considering Gladiator actually has very poor feats of physical strength and is filled with anti-feats for it like

once more. We are not arguing about who has better strength feats between gladiator and sunspot.

We are discussing your claim of sunspot outdoing gladiator in speed and strength in new mutants. If you can't prove that anything like that happens in new mutants, then accept that stop making useless comparisons to shift away the focus

Struggled to lift a portion of a power plant

Took great efforts to break out of Polaris holding him in place

No Caption Provided

He needed help from Uni-Surfer to push a small meteor like structure into space

His good feats aren't much better it's all just pushing space ships and building sized structures but the point is he is a highly inconsistent character with not many good showings(in some areas like physical strength no good showings) and a ton of low showings.

-are you talking about Asgard shiar war where he beat the shit out of him Dallas, because you're really downplaying, we saw like one page of their fight and the next time we saw Heimdall he'd been stomped

No i am not downplaying at all, read the comic itself, Gladiator attempted to blitz Heimdal across the entire galaxy going at the speed where he would cross entire galaxies in the BLINK OF AN EYE and he specifically waited for Heimdall to blink to cheap shot him so Heimdall wouldn't see him coming and he still failed to take him out with said galaxy wide, blink of an eye fast, cheapshot blitz

And while he did beat Heimdall later on, he clearly struggled to do so because he came out with his clothes torn and bleeding from his shoulder.

So he clearly struggled to get past Heimdall, even cheap shot massive blitzes, compare that to say Hulk, who just casually swatted Heimdall away

No Caption Provided

the first hit was a warning shot. You see gladiator telling heimdall to stand down, that his fight is not with him. The first hit was not meant to one shot.

And heimdall uses the magic of the Bifrost to fight, and a magic sword, of course gladiator is going to bleed if he takes a hit. But seeing how his next hit sent heimdall flying through multiple buildings and had him collapse, that's not a fight where gladiator struggled.

Having the power of Thor does not mean he is equal to Thor, where was it said those were country sized meteors? That's true we don't know for sure if he one-shot him, but given that he flew away and Gladiator did not chase him i assume he at least stunned him long enough to fly far away.

the meteors were shown when alter ego produced and threw them, the size comparison from them to alter ego is enough to know their size.

I have no problem with throgg stunning gladiator, but all I'm saying is we don't know if he knocked him out.

the dead asgardians he fought were Thor and odin. The dead asgardians still retained their powers (heck the loki one tore the destroyer open, and the Odin one once shot neutron, a shiar guard member who is powered by a black hole). So he was going toe to toe against a version of Thor and a version of Odin, while also fighting other undead asgardians all on his own. Angela beating a weakened version Odin isn't so bad when she beat unworthy Thor multiple times and Thor stomped depowered Odin.

They regained SOME of their power not all of it and how much is some we don't know

No Caption Provided

And yes while dead Loki managed to open up Destroyed with his magic which honestly is very questionable since it makes no sense for even the real full powered Loki to do the same, his magic was still easily swatted away by kid Loki

No Caption Provided

It's bad in the context of Gladiator struggling with the same Odin and Asgardians that got taken out by characters that are or should be weaker than Gladiator. That's the point.

the difference is that Gladiator was taking on undead Odin, Thor and Asgardian soldiers on his own. He was literally the only person left fighting them all, the shiar guard was knocked out all around him. That's not a bad feat.

-lol, he was knocking around Jane with his eye blasts and punches. She manage to landed one hit on him. After this he choked her and knocked her out. How is this a low showing? Jane went toe to toe against/showed strength equal to people like Hercules, Thor, Apocalypse, Depowered Odin (in a fight that broke/damaged multiple moons). Even then he knocked out a shiar God she was having trouble with (someone she said was on part with depowered Odin)

One hit of hers put him on his knees and he needed his son to distract her to give him an opportunity to choke her and teleport away

and one hit from him also had her lying on the ground too, they both knocked each other down different times and he came out on top. My issues is with your original post where you said she was beating him down.

That's just outright false

And yet Jane was treated like nothing by Immortal Hulk, who She-Hulk is comparable to

Struggling against someone who is comparable to Hercules and Unworthy Thor, characters who got fodderized by Hulk to who She-Hulk is comparable here isn't a good defense for Gladiator in his She-Hulk VS thread.

She-Hulk can beat gladiator for all I care. I have no problem with that. What I have Issue with is your blatant lowballing, talking about how gladiator was getting beat down by Jane which is outright false, or talking about how sunspot overpowered and outsped him which is also outright false.

-lol if every statement sunspot gives is word of God, then Sunspot is stronger than hulk, since he's the strongest mutant on earth (shut up Franklin Richards, Legion, Nate grey, proteus etc etc)

First off Sunspot already intercepted a spear thrown by a blooldlusted Gladiator, i dunno how Sunspot is stronger then Hulk? Hulk isn't a mutant and what he is clearly talking about there is physical strength, not overall power, do you have any mutants that have physical strength better than holding half the Earths weight in place?

if it's physical strength then I concede to that, but there clearly stronger mutants than Sunspot.

Once more catching a thrown spear is not proof of being faster or stronger than the spear thrower.

and amped annihilus is on thanos level or above, why is this a low showing. Annihilus on his own is already beating Herald level people, then he added hulks strength to his previous strength, why is Gladiator losing here a low showing?

Because once against this She-Hulk is comparable to Immortal Hulk and weaker versions like Indestructible Hulk have both done better against Annhilius than Gladiator.

His fight with Gladiator

His fight with Hulk

Hulk both lasted longer, tanked more attacks and did more damage to Annhilius then Gladiator.

once more, I'm not trying to argue Gladiators superiority above hulk or she hulk. How many high tiers do you think can last long against annihilus amped by Hulks powers? I'm not trying to push gladiator above people like hulk or Thor, my problem is you acting like a majority of hight tiers won't get stomped by this version of annihilus

-when did this happen? Gladiator seems pretty much alive currently

Back in Hickmans Avengers

-I'm pretty sure he was tanking an attack from Starbrand that was making continent sized explosions. Meanwhile she-Hulk "ignored" starbrands fire when she wasn't attacking anybody and Captain America was right next to her. That's not impressive

No she hit Gladiator with a blast that was certainly not continental in size which first knocked him back then he struggled to push through it

No Caption Provided

She went berserk later on and her blasts were going upwards towards the sky and She-Hulk walked in casually in them

did you see the scans I posted and the blast that covered a continent, are you just ignoring it?

Also, she hulk is absorbing energy while Gladiator is outright tanking it, this is not a low showing

No Caption Provided

Cap was never hit by the blast, so i have no idea why you bring him up.

obviously because she hulk is absorbing the energy

we're not going about PIS of an explosion that doesn't scratch human characters like Corsair Summers or moondragon or even freaking Cosmo the talking space dog, somehow knocked out Gladiator and the entire shiar imperial guard? No? Fine, that's a terrible feat for gladiator, if only he had better showings

Thath's the whole point of the character and the arguments here, all of these are low showings because the character is massively inconsistent.

and some scenes are obviously PIS. We know gladiator can tank stronger things, so when we suddenly see him being knocked out by an explosion that doesn't kill human characters standing right next to him it's not an opportunity to start going off about how weak he is

aren't you going to mention that it was a magic sword attack from Hell Lord, Hela goddess of death, lol, why is this a low showing? A majority of characters would be taken out by a direct attack from a hell Lord. A magic sword Hela used to defeat annihilus in the same series

I dunno why it matters who wields the sword he got stabbed in the back and went night, night. Hela didn't hit him with a magic attack which would be an entirely different argument. Annhilius would be beaten by a regular sword that can cut him, Gladiators regenerative powers are not on par with someone like She-Hulk who wouldn't be dropped by a stab in the back.

it matters because the sword was made by magic by a Hell Lord and stabbed into him by that hell Lord. You seriously believe that a civilian with a regular sword would kill gladiator.

Really, I don't care about this battle but the gladiator downplay on this site is... Just wow

I mean, yeah he's a jobber, but let's not go out of our way to try to make him look even worse.

The reason why the vast majority of the site "downplays" the character is because he gets downplayed in the comics constantly, he certainly does not come of as a character on the level of Hulk and Thor.

And as you say yourself, he is a jobber one of the biggest jobbers in comic actually.

yes he's a jobber, but going out of your way to miss interpret and down play is just something else.

I mean, She hulk looks more impressive for being strong enough to comfortably beat a high tier Character who can fly through stars and exchange blows with other high tiers.

But when you low ball the hell out of it, it's just She hulk stomps because gladiator sucks

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: isn't that Sols hammer? The weapon that at 2% can destroy a planet and wiped out the entire shiar fleet.

Getting killed by that isn't really a low showing

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Underfire47

@del_torro: catching spear thrown by someone does not mean you are stronger or faster than them. Good lord.

Catching spear thrown by someone bloodlusted means you can at the very least react to their speed, good lord.

nope nope nope nope nope

you are trying to shift the goal post

The argument is you saying "sunspot out did gladiator in speed and strength in new mutants"

Which never happened

You coming in to say, "but sunspot has other great feats that are better than gladiators" is shifting goal posts.

We are talking new mutants where gladiator fought sunspot, Cannonball and Deathbird at the same time. The fight where Cannonball did not over power, outspeed or out do gladiator in any way. Please stay on topic

Show me where i said he out-did him in New Mutants specifically? All i said is he recently out did him.

You are confusing Canonball and Sunspot and Sunspot did outdo Gladiator in speed and as for strength once again i ask you to show me a better strength feat for Gladiator than the one Sunspot did.

once more. We are not arguing about who has better strength feats between gladiator and sunspot.

We are discussing your claim of sunspot outdoing gladiator in speed and strength in new mutants. If you can't prove that anything like that happens in new mutants, then accept that stop making useless comparisons to shift away the focus

Show me where i said Sunspot outdid him in the new Mutants specifically? Once again you are making strawman arguments and are running away from answering question. So i am gonna outright say this.

Sunspot has better strength feats than Gladiator and that's a fact you can't debunk.

the first hit was a warning shot. You see gladiator telling heimdall to stand down, that his fight is not with him. The first hit was not meant to one shot.

And heimdall uses the magic of the Bifrost to fight, and a magic sword, of course gladiator is going to bleed if he takes a hit. But seeing how his next hit sent heimdall flying through multiple buildings and had him collapse, that's not a fight where gladiator struggled.

This is a piss poor argument, you do not do a "warning shot" on someone by blitzing them across galaxies in the blink of an eye and even waiting for them to blink so they would see you coming so you can cheap shot them. Trying to kill/KO someone is not a warning shot. It's a fight were Gladiator struggled because he was bleeding at the end of the fight. I can show you end results of Hulk and Abomination fights where you would think Hulk absolutely pulverized him because of the state Abomination is but that doesn't mean he didn't struggled to put Abomination in that position in the first place. Punching someone through buildings after a fight doesn't mean he didn't struggle with him.

Heimdall literally just hit him with the pieces of the rainbow bridge and we never saw him actually hit Gladiator with the sword, also we do know that it wasn't the next hit that sent Heimdall flying through the building but that they had a prolonged fight because Gladiators clothes wasn't torn up and he wasn't bleeding last time we saw them.

the meteors were shown when alter ego produced and threw them, the size comparison from them to alter ego is enough to know their size.

I have no problem with throgg stunning gladiator, but all I'm saying is we don't know if he knocked him out.

Show me the scans where we can know enough about their size because i just don't see it.

Ok.

the difference is that Gladiator was taking on undead Odin, Thor and Asgardian soldiers on his own. He was literally the only person left fighting them all, the shiar guard was knocked out all around him. That's not a bad feat.

And several of them individually were smacking him around it wouldn't be a bad feat if it took all of them to smack him around in the first place. It's a bad feat.

and one hit from him also had her lying on the ground too, they both knocked each other down different times and he came out on top. My issues is with your original post where you said she was beating him down.

That's just outright false

Yea except Jane recovered on her own even intercepted a blitz Gladiator tried to do on her from behind and then put him on his knees and stood above him, until his son distracted and shifted her focus she could have ended the fight there if not for that.

She-Hulk can beat gladiator for all I care. I have no problem with that. What I have Issue with is your blatant lowballing, talking about how gladiator was getting beat down by Jane which is outright false, or talking about how sunspot overpowered and outsped him which is also outright false.

None of these things are false, you are just trying to warp reality to fit your point of view. When you put someone on their knees and stand above them you are beating up that someone, especially if you need someone else to come in and save them. And he did outspeed Gladiator in the comic they fought and he does have better strength feats than Gladiator which is true.

if it's physical strength then I concede to that, but there clearly stronger mutants than Sunspot.

Once more catching a thrown spear is not proof of being faster or stronger than the spear thrower.

There aren't any mutants i know that have more physical strength then Sunspot.

It arguably is if it's a spear thrown by someone who is bloodlusted, Sunspot had to dive in to intercept the spear and catch it, that at least shows that Sunspot is on the same level speed wise as Gladiator if not faster.

once more, I'm trying to argue Gladiators superiority above hulk or she hulk. How many high tiers do you think can last long against annihilus amped by Hulks powers? I'm not trying to push gladiator above people like hulk or Thor, my problem is you acting like a majority of hight tiers won't get stomped by this version of annihilus

They wouldn't get stomped this fast of quickly as indicated by Hulk, is the point and this was regular Savage Hulk.

did you see the scans I posted and the blast that covered a continent, are you just ignoring it?

Also, she hulk is absorbing energy while Gladiator is outright tanking it, this is not a low showing

I know the scan, can you show me where she hit Gladiator with a continent sized blast?

She Hulk started absorbing it after she walked into it, she was unbothered by the fire, Gladiator was bothered.

obviously because she hulk is absorbing the energy

She didn't start absorbing the energy until she stepped inside the blast.

and some scenes are obviously PIS. We know gladiator can tank stronger things, so when we suddenly see him being knocked out by an explosion that doesn't kill human characters standing right next to him it's not an opportunity to start going off about how weak he is

Yea and that's the point, Gladiator is a character plagued with inconsistencies and PIS.

it matters because the sword was made by magic by a Hell Lord and stabbed into him by that hell Lord. You seriously believe that a civilian with a regular sword would kill gladiator.

First off Gladiator did not die there, secondly when has Gladiator been stabbed through the chest/back? I don't remember him having feats of overcoming that i would assume if he would get stabbed in the heart he would die unless there are feats to say otherwise.

yes he's a jobber, but going out of your way to miss interpret and down play is just something else.

I mean, She hulk looks more impressive for being strong enough to comfortably beat a high tier Character who can fly through stars and exchange blows with other high tiers.

But when you low ball the hell out of it, it's just She hulk stomps because gladiator sucks

He is a jobber but only you get to decide what his jobbing feats is an amusing thing. I haven't downplayed anything, everything i showed is beneath a "herald" tier or even a Hulk/Thor tier character which some people wanna argue he is. It's funny to me that you accuse me of downplaying but also excuse every bad showing Gladiator has, if he is a jobber as you agree then name me some of the times he has jobbed?

Name at least 5 times he has jobbed.

She Hulks stomps because she is both impressive nowadays after her amp and because Gladiator sucks, it's a combination of the 2.

isn't that Sols hammer? The weapon that at 2% can destroy a planet and wiped out the entire shiar fleet.

Getting killed by that isn't really a low showing

That's in theory, it doesn't actually have a feat of blowing up a planet at 2% all it did was destroy a Moon and it blasted through a Moon as well when it vaporized the Shi'ar fleet.

It's a low showing unless there is a scan that says Sol hammer was way more charged there than when it busted a Moon or there are scans of it destroying something greater than a Moon.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By HellionVulcan

Gladiator "struggled" with Starbrands power but here's the next scan

No Caption Provided

Not only that but Gladiator tanks Thor's orbital strike with Terrax in hand, it's weird how he cherry picks scans to never show full context.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

She-Hulk tanked nothing on Gladiator's level during this.

Three of Starbrands display of power also She-Hulk never had any of Starbrands attacks used against her just the flame outburst that didn't even hurt Cap or anyone else surrounding it.

He needed help from Uni-Surfer to push a small meteor like structure into space

Posts this low ball scans and doesn't read the context where Gladiator had his strength drained and both state that Uni-Surfer gave Glad's back his strength. Imagine not being able to read and still posting that as a low ball against a character that was already weakened in said story for plot hahahahahahahahahaha.

Took great efforts to break out of Polaris holding him in place

Took great effort, He literally breaks out with one page in-between. It go's Polaris encases him in shi'ar metal, next scan is Vulcan with Charles and torturing Darwin, Gladiator breaks free as no where on panel did it even show that it took great effort of any type just that he flexed out of it.

I've never seen someone exaggerate this badly or post out of context so wildly.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

-yes, catching a spear mean you can react to their "throwing" speed, doesn't mean you can out do them in speed like you claimed

-please, the way you worded it was not in a random, "oh by the way, some of sunspots feats are better than gladiator.

If sunspot starts getting high tier feats like lifting half the planets weight, that's great, I love it when my X characters get good feats.

What I'm arguing is your implications of sunspot directly outdoing/overshadowing gladiator in speed or strength.

Sunspot having better strength feats than gladiator is cool and all, but if sunspot has a half planetary weight feat, how is this a low showing for gladiator??? It's a sunspot feat, it has nothing to do with a direct interaction with gladiator, so why did you list it among gladiators low showings.

Alright, how about you post the gladiator low showing of sunspot outdoing him in speed and strength since you're not talking about new mutants

>it's literally there in the book, gladiator telling heimdall to stay down that he doesn't want to fight him. Just because you don't like It doesn't mean it didn't happen.

>Jane recovered because she was punched far away and gladiator had to fly to her giving her time to react. Gladiator was punched and immediately Jane was attacked, he did not have the same advantage she had.

Anyways that's not the main issue, the main issue is you lying and saying she was beating him down when she only managed to land one single punch.

>you have yet to show the comic where sunspot outside gladiator

>I will get the alter ego meteor scan

>nah, he was still fighting a version of Odin that was one shotting imperial guard members, a version of Thor that was razing the shiar capital city, while also being attacked by some of their soldiers. I think it's a good enough feat, but we can agree to disagree

>once again, Sunspot having great strength feats is a sunspot feat. Why did you list it as a gladiator low showing if gladiator was nowhere in that comic

>catching a thrown spear doesn't mean you're faster than the thrower

>amped annihilus is on the same level as thanos. Thanos has stomped Herald level people just as fast. Getting stomped by a thanos level opponent is not jobbing or a low showing

>you're just going around in circles. The main point we are discussing, getting taken out by a Magik sword created by a hell Lord isn't a low showing. If Wolverine stabbed him and one shot him Like that, you'd see me complaining, but it's freaking Hela, goddess of death.

>the Starbrand feat is in my first post. You first see the planet with the explosion covering a large part of it, then they zoom in to Starbrand and gladiator and show her blasting him

>lol, I'm not cherry picking, I'm pointing out your low balling

Let's see when has gladiator jobbed

-remember when teenage cyclops with weaker blasts knocked him down with a single blast

-what about when the annihilators came to earth and Wolverine was a problem for him to deal with

-of course there's his classic fight against gambit

-and his classic fight against Cannonball

-what about when he was getting stomped by someone base Rachel grey came and stomped (when gladiator was already on part with Phoenix echo Rachel grey)

Notice how I didn't try to argue against the low showings of him struggling to break free from Polaris, or struggling to lift a house sized machine, that's because I know that those are obviously jobbing

There's also the way he was tossed around by Brood infected Thor, or the fight where hulk (who was dying) beat the shit out of him

I recognize those as low showings, but you start bringing things like Hela one shot with her sword, annihilus stomped him, and I'm like that would happen to a majority of high tier Characters

>I dunno, if it can blow up a moon, destroy the shiar fleet, seems good enough as something that would kill a high tier.

XSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glads

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She-hulk

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@underfire47: these are the meteors being thrown out by alter ego who is moon sized

Avatar image for deactivated-6272ca1b18c53
deactivated-6272ca1b18c53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Underfire47

@del_torro: yes, catching a spear mean you can react to their "throwing" speed, doesn't mean you can out do them in speed like you claimed

It doesn't mean 100% but it can absolutely mean that, which was kinda the point of the scan i would think.

-please, the way you worded it was not in a random, "oh by the way, some of sunspots feats are better than gladiator.

So are you a mind reader now? You said i said he showed he was stronger in New Mutans, show me where i said he was stronger in New Mutants?

What I'm arguing is your implications of sunspot directly outdoing/overshadowing gladiator in speed or strength.

He did react to a spear thrown by a bloodlusted Gladiator which indicates he did outdo him in speed and he has a strength feat above anything Gladiator has.

Sunspot having better strength feats than gladiator is cool and all, but if sunspot has a half planetary weight feat, how is this a low showing for gladiator??? It's a sunspot feat, it has nothing to do with a direct interaction with gladiator, so why did you list it among gladiators low showings.

Because Gladiator is suppose to be on if not above that level of half the planetary weight strength, but he isn't, which is a low showing for a character of his caliber to be outdone by someone else in that department.

Alright, how about you post the gladiator low showing of sunspot outdoing him in speed and strength since you're not talking about new mutants

We already went through this.

>it's literally there in the book, gladiator telling heimdall to stay down that he doesn't want to fight him. Just because you don't like It doesn't mean it didn't happen.

That does not magically erase the fact that Gladiator blitzed him across entire galaxies in the blink of the eye and tried to cheap shot him as he blinked so he wouldn't see it coming, obviously he told him to stand down after he saw he didn't take him out, your argument would be so much stronger if he didn't cheap shot the guy already. Imagine punching someone in the bar, them shrugging it off and you saying, stay back dude my fight isn't with you lol, well too late my friend you already threw the first shot with the intent of taking someone out.

>Jane recovered because she was punched far away and gladiator had to fly to her giving her time to react. Gladiator was punched and immediately Jane was attacked, he did not have the same advantage she had.

Jane wasn't punched far away and the point is irrelevant to a guy who can cross galaxies in the blink of an eye, Jane had her back turned to him and still reacted, Gladiator needed his kid to intervene and even after he did and Jane stood there talking to his kid he was still on his knees.

Anyways that's not the main issue, the main issue is you lying and saying she was beating him down when she only managed to land one single punch.

You are a riot, like it's amazing at the levels of disengnious nonsense you operate at. One single hit can be more then enough to beat someone, for instance Hulk punching Thor and cracking his skull, she had him in a winning position standing on top of him until his kid intervened.

>you have yet to show the comic where sunspot outside gladiator

What? Outside?

>nah, he was still fighting a version of Odin that was one shotting imperial guard members, a version of Thor that was razing the shiar capital city, while also being attacked by some of their soldiers. I think it's a good enough feat, but we can agree to disagree

What are the feats of those imperial guard members? Undead Thor raised like a city block. It would have been an OK feat maybe if he wasn't outdone by the Asgardians that showed up.

>once again, Sunspot having great strength feats is a sunspot feat. Why did you list it as a gladiator low showing if gladiator was nowhere in that comic

Because it means Gladiator is below half of Earth weight in strength. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

>catching a thrown spear doesn't mean you're faster than the thrower

No but in this instance that's what seemed to be implied by the comic.

>amped annihilus is on the same level as thanos. Thanos has stomped Herald level people just as fast. Getting stomped by a thanos level opponent is not jobbing or a low showing

It isn't, what makes it a low showing is getting stomped quicker than Hulk, doing less damage to Annhilius then Hulk, for a character that is suppose to be on Hulks level or higher as one particular user here likes to claim, this makes it a low showing.

>you're just going around in circles. The main point we are discussing, getting taken out by a Magik sword created by a hell Lord isn't a low showing. If Wolverine stabbed him and one shot him Like that, you'd see me complaining, but it's freaking Hela, goddess of death.

The sword didn't use any specific properties on him, she didn't blast him with magic with it, she just used it as a stabbing weapon. So it doesn't matter what sword it is unless it's specifically said that the sword weakens or kills people because of it's magic abilities.

>the Starbrand feat is in my first post. You first see the planet with the explosion covering a large part of it, then they zoom in to Starbrand and gladiator and show her blasting him

Gladiator never gets blasted with that continent sized blast, he actually shows up right after and introduces himself to her, she then blasts him later on with just regular blasts from her hand.

>lol, I'm not cherry picking, I'm pointing out your low balling

You perceive it as lowballing but it's not.

-remember when teenage cyclops with weaker blasts knocked him down with a single blast

No show me, i don't see why that would be jobbing.

-what about when the annihilators came to earth and Wolverine was a problem for him to deal with

Wolverine was not a problem for him to deal with, he stabbed him they flew through some building and Gladiator got rid of him, not sure why this is a low showing when Wolverine has been a problem to guys like Hulk and Thor.

-of course there's his classic fight against gambit

What about the fight?

-and his classic fight against Cannonball

Why was that jobbing?

-what about when he was getting stomped by someone base Rachel grey came and stomped (when gladiator was already on part with Phoenix echo Rachel grey)

What are you referring to here exactly?

Notice how I didn't try to argue against the low showings of him struggling to break free from Polaris, or struggling to lift a house sized machine, that's because I know that those are obviously jobbing

Yea because you would have to be mental to argue against those, not that there aren't some examples that you argue against already that baffle my mind.

There's also the way he was tossed around by Brood infected Thor, or the fight where hulk (who was dying) beat the shit out of him

Why is Brood Thor thing jobbing specifically? Yea but Hulk is so much stronger than Gladiator that even when he was dying he was still strong enough to beat him up.

I recognize those as low showings, but you start bringing things like Hela one shot with her sword, annihilus stomped him, and I'm like that would happen to a majority of high tier Characters

If Hela hit him with a magic attack or if the sword was glowing when she stabbed him i would agree but all she did was use it as a stabbing tool, nothing else, there is one thing you could have actually countered me with that you didn't think to use, but i am a nice guy so i will help you, Hela specifically notes that Gladiators confidence dropped there and as we know when that happens he becomes weaker in every way so that's why he fell unconscious.

>I dunno, if it can blow up a moon, destroy the shiar fleet, seems good enough as something that would kill a high tier.

No i don't think Shiar fleet is comparable to someone like Hulk or Thor in durability.

these are the meteors being thrown out by alter ego who is moon sized

I don't see what makes these country sized i think the perspective makes it weird but if you look at the meteors as they fall and burn through the atmosphere of the planet they are clearly not country sized otherwise they would be much, much larger.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Underfire47

Gladiator "struggled" with Starbrands power but here's the next scan

Is the next scan suppose to show something? He struggled walking through the fire so he flew up outside it and blew his freeze breath at her.

Not only that but Gladiator tanks Thor's orbital strike with Terrax in hand, it's weird how he cherry picks scans to never show full context.

Not sure why you think that is impressive, especially considering Brood Thor overpowered Gladiator to the point where Gladiator was screaming at the top of his lungs.

No Caption Provided

This same Thor btw got one-shot by Cap wielding Mljonir.

The same Thor that got overpowered by a bunch of meteors the size of basketballs falling on him

She-Hulk tanked nothing on Gladiator's level during this.

No she tanked way batter.

Three of Starbrands display of power also She-Hulk never had any of Starbrands attacks used against her just the flame outburst that didn't even hurt Cap or anyone else surrounding it.

She walked into Starbrands attack and walked inside her fire with no issue, while Gladiator struggled to walk through just the fire and was pushed back by direct attacks. Cap was never touched by the fire let alone the attacks.

Posts this low ball scans and doesn't read the context where Gladiator had his strength drained and both state that Uni-Surfer gave Glad's back his strength. Imagine not being able to read and still posting that as a low ball against a character that was already weakened in said story for plot hahahahahahahahahaha.

I think you missed the part where he still needed Surfer to push the meteor, his strength returned but he still needed help. Oh poor Heli, you tried though lol.

Took great effort, He literally breaks out with one page in-between. It go's Polaris encases him in shi'ar metal, next scan is Vulcan with Charles and torturing Darwin, Gladiator breaks free as no where on panel did it even show that it took great effort of any type just that he flexed out of it.

He breaks out of it 2 pages later, after he was shown encased and both scans he was yelling out because he was clearly struggling.

If there wasn't any great effort he wouldn't be yelling out at the top of his lungs.

I've never seen someone exaggerate this badly or post out of context so wildly.

Have you taken a look at your posts? I mean they are kinda legendary here on comicvine lol

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: No, catching a spear is still not good enough proof of sunspot outspeeding gladiator

-okay, you're right I shouldn't have assumed you were talking about NE mutants

-sunspot having a better strength feat than gladiator is not a low showing for gladiator. Hyperion caught a planet larger than earth yet blue marvel with no planetary feats can fight him, not every high tier has feats of planetary strength. When listing gladiators low showings, you shouldn't be mentioning sunspot having a better strength feat.

-a warning shot in battle isn't a killing shot or with intent to ko. Honestly the way heimdall was completely stomped in the end makes it up for me, that's why I don't really have a problem with this feat

-Gladiator didn't need his sons intervention. Just because his son attacked her before him doesn't mean gladiator was being stomped. Nobody reads that fight and leaves with the mindset that Jane was beating down gladiator.

This is not a Thor and immortal hulk situation, gladiator knocked back Jane before her attack and choked her enough to ko after, Thor and hulls fight was not on that level, it was Thor getting absolutely overpowered. All I see from the Jane fight is two peers

-well, I guess with the mindset that all the shiar guard and soldiers that the zombie asgardians fought were featless fodder then yeah. Fine, I concede on this point.

-when a hell goddess creates a sword with magic and uses it to stab a bullet proof character, I'd assume it has magical properties. And if you knew it was low confidence gladiator why did you pass it off as full power (tbh I don't take his confidence levels into consideration most of the time, if he gets stomped by someone I just accept it as him getting stomped)

-I've always considered hulk to be stronger than Gladiator and a majority of high tiers, so annihilus amped with hulks strength beating him doesn't bother me

-there are a lot of high tiers who don't have planetary feats or consistent ones. It's not really something to knock him down, he already has statements of planetary feats and destroyed a plane with punches. Sunspot lifting the weight of a planet doesn't count as a low showing for gladiator. Now if glads was in that comic and couldn't do it and had to be saved by sunspot then that's a different case

-for the Starbrand feat I'm talking about it happens at the beginning of next issue after the one you're referencing

-teen cyclops optic blasts get tanked by a lot of people, gladiator knocked down like down isn't impressive at all

-getting out done by people like gladiator or Cannonball doesn't really require explanation for why their awful showings. Gambit is a street tier and Cannon is like low end mid tier. For Wolverine, reading the fight just made me shake my head, still seems like a bad showing to me

-the Rachel feat is from the end of the shiar war. It was one of the shiar death commandos, he was beating the shit out of gladiator then base Rachel grey came and tore his head apart. Meanwhile gladiator was able to fight Phoenix echo Rachel well throughout the story line, so it really stands out

-you just talked about brood Thors bad showings yourself

-well gladiator was weakened by radiation when he fought dying hulk, but that's no excuse for the Ass whooping

-you're right about the meteors, I concede on that, it's starting to look like reaching

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: No, catching a spear is still not good enough proof of sunspot outspeeding gladiator

It absolutely can be, because it shows someone reacting to someone else and countering their attack.

-sunspot having a better strength feat than gladiator is not a low showing for gladiator. Hyperion caught a planet larger than earth yet blue marvel with no planetary feats can fight him, not every high tier has feats of planetary strength. When listing gladiators low showings, you shouldn't be mentioning sunspot having a better strength feat.

The problem is Blue Marvel does not have anti-strength feats, Gladiator does. Not every high tier has feats of planetary strength most of the time because they haven't been around long enough.

-a warning shot in battle isn't a killing shot or with intent to ko. Honestly the way heimdall was completely stomped in the end makes it up for me, that's why I don't really have a problem with this feat

This isn't a warning shot... Do you know what a warning shot is? It's firing your gun into the air or into the ground or somewhere around the person you are threatening, a warning shot is not shooting someone in the chest or even the leg and saying "this is a warning shot", no you skipped the warning shot and attacked the person directly. It wouldn't be so much a problem for me either if it wasn't for the fact that Gladiators clothes were torn up and he was bleeding, indicating a struggle between the 2.

-Gladiator didn't need his sons intervention. Just because his son attacked her before him doesn't mean gladiator was being stomped. Nobody reads that fight and leaves with the mindset that Jane was beating down gladiator.

That's highly debatable, because if Jane didn't stop there and smacked him on the top of his head with a hammer while he was kneeling it might have been the end of that fight. I know a lot of people that have read that fight and thought Jane was winning there until kid Gladiator intervened.

This is not a Thor and immortal hulk situation, gladiator knocked back Jane before her attack and choked her enough to ko after, Thor and hulls fight was not on that level, it was Thor getting absolutely overpowered. All I see from the Jane fight is two peers

I never said it was, i am saying you can beat someone with a single hit or at least have them on the ropes, there are numerous examples of this in the comics. I don't even disagree that Jane and Gladiator are around the same level, it's just that to me she was winning that until the intervention.

-well, I guess with the mindset that all the shiar guard and soldiers that the zombie asgardians fought were featless fodder then yeah. Fine, I concede on this point.

Ok.

-when a hell goddess creates a sword with magic and uses it to stab a bullet proof character, I'd assume it has magical properties. And if you knew it was low confidence gladiator why did you pass it off as full power (tbh I don't take his confidence levels into consideration most of the time, if he gets stomped by someone I just accept it as him getting stomped)

I mean i am sure there are magical properties that doesn't mean does magical properties are activated, Dragonfang is a magical sword but i haven't seen it actually use any magic, it's magic just allows it to cut things regular sword couldn't, it's basically no different then an adamantium sword more or less. I re-read the feat recently and saw Hela talking about his confidence which i didn't remember the first time when i mentioned the feat. Most of the times no, but when it's directly referenced then it's fair to use it as an excuse, the F4 famously beat him by lowering his confidence which they explain in the comic, so instances like that are not low showings for him.

-I've always considered hulk to be stronger than Gladiator and a majority of high tiers, so annihilus amped with hulks strength beating him doesn't bother me

Ok you do, but there are people that don't, there are people that think Gladiator is above Hulk, so my low showing examples were directed at such a person specifically in this thread.

-there are a lot of high tiers who don't have planetary feats or consistent ones. It's not really something to knock him down, he already has statements of planetary feats and destroyed a plane with punches. Sunspot lifting the weight of a planet doesn't count as a low showing for gladiator. Now if glads was in that comic and couldn't do it and had to be saved by sunspot then that's a different case

I mean if you were a high-tier for a decent amount of time in the comics, you more then likely have planetary feats, nobody is consistent, but some are less consistent than others. He destroyed a dead planetoid, it was honestly a feat that's pretty outlier for him, given all his other feats. I mean it's a low feat for Gladiator because that makes Sunspot stronger and i don't even consider Sunspot a high tier tbh, maybe on the low end of that spectrum.

-for the Starbrand feat I'm talking about it happens at the beginning of next issue after the one you're referencing

If you are talking about this

No Caption Provided

that's the fire/scar she created on the planet since before Gladiator even got there, you can see it here

No Caption Provided

and here

No Caption Provided

That shape was always present there and in the scan that we see it that you reference we directly see her hitting him as well and she definitely isn't hitting him with a continent sized blast.

-teen cyclops optic blasts get tanked by a lot of people, gladiator knocked down like down isn't impressive at all

I would have to see the scan because teen Cyclops has knocked down Hulk, so i am not sure it's a low showing.

-getting out done by people like gladiator or Cannonball doesn't really require explanation for why their awful showings. Gambit is a street tier and Cannon is like low end mid tier. For Wolverine, reading the fight just made me shake my head, still seems like a bad showing to me

How was he outdone? Some street tiers have the ability to harm others. I mean it wasn't much of a fight, Wolverine just jumped on him and stabbed him and they flew through some buildings and then Gladiator shrugged him off and flew away, not sure whats bad about it.

-the Rachel feat is from the end of the shiar war. It was one of the shiar death commandos, he was beating the shit out of gladiator then base Rachel grey came and tore his head apart. Meanwhile gladiator was able to fight Phoenix echo Rachel well throughout the story line, so it really stands out

I would need to see the scans if you don't mind.

-you just talked about brood Thors bad showings yourself

Yes, but what was jobbing on Gladiators part specifically about that showing?

-well gladiator was weakened by radiation when he fought dying hulk, but that's no excuse for the Ass whooping

I mean he wasn't weakened until the end of the fight, he already lost it at that point, but i don't see why it's a low showing.

you're right about the meteors, I concede on that, it's starting to look like reaching

Sure no worries.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe Gladiator

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc63aec061e5
deactivated-5fc63aec061e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator in theory should stomp. But it's just...the f#*% ton of low showings he has that gives rise to uncertainty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro:

Not trying to antagonize you but what level would you place Gladiator on? I've always considered Gladiator to be more of a secondary powerhouse. I mean if we compare Superman and Captain Marvel (Billy), I'd consider Superman as the premier and Marvel as his replacement you get what I'm trying to say?? Just like Thor and BRB in which Thor is the premier and Bill, his replacement.

I need an unbiased opinion from you.

Thanks for reading.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gladiator easily he is marvel's superman

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrogod: I also see him as secondary tier.

You know, even In the Heralds, we know Surfer is top dog and has best feats, is more popular, gets more appearances, and even if he has a lot of low showings and PIS moments (because of exposure), we still see him as more impressive than Firelord and Terrax. I see gladiator to hulk or Thor in the same way as I see Firelord or Terrax to surfer. They're supposed to be in the same weight class, but you can tell that there's a pecking order

I don't see him beating up Thor (apart from current Thor who Jason Aaron has been desperately jobbing out to people) or hulk casually or such, I see him in the same ballpark as people like Bill, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, classic Binary, modern Carol (her modern Form seems stronger and goes toe to toe with top dogs), Namor, Wonderman.

I don't think he has as much high end feats as people in this category should (which is natural, look at Hickmans Hyperion, no one's showing him catching planets again), and he gets jobber out more than others, but I don think sometimes people just nitpick a lot to bring him down more. If you check his reddit respect thread the maker went out of his way to explain why Gladiators feats aren't impressive (there's a scan explaining why gladiator isn't impressive because he got killed by annihilus weapon, that also killed Thor, hulk, surfer all the heroes on earth, the guardians of the Galaxy and other heralds and hurt thanos in the same issue), the thread had almost more anti feats than actual feats. (seriously when you go to a superman respect thread, you're not looking to see feats of him being beaten by the joker or explanations on why he's not impressive).

Not that that has anything do with what you asked, sorry for the rant.

Lol, guess I can't give an unbiased opinion, I feel pretty strongly about this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hickmans Hyperion, no one's showing him catching planets again

I've been trying to confirm if the current Hyperion is still 13034 or not. He makes no references to anything that happened in the Avengers run and doesn't treat Thor even close to how he did during Hickman's run. I'm genuinely not sure it is the same character at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro:

Thanks for your opinion. I'm in total agreement with your analysis. Despite the horrendous amount of lowball Kallark receives, I still think he's a top tier secondary powerhouse because I believe he has good feats to balance out the supposed low showings. And it's pretty obvious that the fanbase of the Original aren't gonna look up to his ripoff in the same manner. There will be double standard (which is bad) but it is what it is.

But some Gladiator fanboys like Vulcan ruined Gladiator's rep by going as far as to say Gladiator can vaporize Worldbreaker Hulk or claims of that ilk and that didn't go well with the Hulk fans (they got a good reason to be mad). I mean too much wank can ruin the rep. But you have made some good points and I agree with your opinion.

Thanks. I think Glads has a shot at beating She Hulk.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarofdeath: I think he had a solo immediately they rebooted after secret wars, I'll try to read it and see if they're the same Hyperion. At this point there are so many of them, it's easy to lose track.

@necrogod: I actually think she has a better chance of winning. Her gamma bomb attack releases radiation (tbh we don't know what kind of radiation weakens Gladiator but it should still have some effects), her fight with Immortal hulk who broke thors skull with a punch.

Of course if he used his speed competently it would be a different thing, but that never happens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: I know he had a solo 5 issue series taking place during the Avengers run if I'm not mistaken. The new Squadron Supreme had a new backstory and are "America's Team" so to speak.