the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the creator

MM for the win.

I still belive him to be stronger than Gladiator although some people have posted incidents of Gladiator destroying planets etc. Looking at the majority of his appearances he does not demonstrate the planet destroying power level.

Mm has abilities on par with Superman which would appear to be higher than Gladiators and then all the bonus powers like shape changing (he can have more arms to attack with), invisibility, intangibility and his mental powers.

This versatility, particularly the phasing and mental powers, should provide him with the win.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

thought so^^

Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Blackjuggy

gladiator is resistant to psychic assaults.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warlock360

Blackjuggy says:

"gladiator is resistant to psychic assaults."

read first

The_Creator says:

"MM for the win.I still belive him to be stronger than Gladiator although some people have posted incidents of Gladiator destroying planets etc. Looking at the majority of his appearances he does not demonstrate the planet destroying power level.Mm has abilities on par with Superman which would appear to be higher than Gladiators and then all the bonus powers like shape changing (he can have more arms to attack with), invisibility, intangibility and his mental powers.This versatility, particularly the phasing and mental powers, should provide him with the win."
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

The_Creator says:

"MM for the win.I still belive him to be stronger than Gladiator although some people have posted incidents of Gladiator destroying planets etc. Looking at the majority of his appearances he does not demonstrate the planet destroying power level.Mm has abilities on par with Superman which would appear to be higher than Gladiators and then all the bonus powers like shape changing (he can have more arms to attack with), invisibility, intangibility and his mental powers.This versatility, particularly the phasing and mental powers, should provide him with the win."
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator

Blackjuggy says:

"gladiator is resistant to psychic assaults."

Resistant does not mean immune.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By The_Martian

Martain Manhunter easily, he not only is stronger than Gladiator but he has other factors too. Yes Gladiator could have that will and be physically stronger but when he sees that he is punching right through Martian Manhunter and can't hit him his confidence would drop and he would become weaker. Also MM could use his telepathy to drop Gladiator's cofidence down making him weaker.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kraven

Earlier this week there was a MM Vs. Hulk battle and everyone said that MM would win.

Well, in Hulk annual '97, Gladiator got absolutely OWNed by Hulk. It was a fair fight and Glad tried every trick in the book and failed.

Therefore, there's no way Gladiator could beat MM.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Hahaha I know you guy's think I hate Gladiator. But, he would lose this fight, too. XD

Avatar image for fallout_slaughter
Fallout Slaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter all the way. MM is just as strong as Superman, got shapeshifting (can make more arms, for example), can be invisible, intagible and is one of the most powerful telepaths alive. He could easily influence the Gladiator during the fight using his telepathy. Let's not forget that Gladiator was defeated by the Fantastic Four, a hologram of Reed Richards and Captain America.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By T.J. Magnum

MM,not even superman wants to fight MM,he is just that strong

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

MM's telepathy is all that matters. Gladiator's powers are completely dependent on his confidence; he has infinite potential and extreme weakness, all rolled into one. Cassandra Nova/Xavier made him wimper like a baby in the Imperial story arc, and based on what people have said about MM, I'm confident he can do the same.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Martian Manhunter would beat Gladiator. Gladiator is really just a weaker variation of Superman in terms of power. He would lose this fight

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Zoom

Kraven says:

"Earlier this week there was a MM Vs. Hulk battle and everyone said that MM would win. Well, in Hulk annual '97, Gladiator got absolutely OWNed by Hulk. It was a fair fight and Glad tried every trick in the book and failed. Therefore, there's no way Gladiator could beat MM."

Hulk really has nothing to do with this fight. Hulk doesn't have heat vision and doesn't move nearly as fast as Gladiator. He only has physical attacks. Against a phasing, flying telepathy, Hulk is severly hanicaped.

Just because A beats B and B beats C does not necessarily mean that A beats C.

MM and Glads are about physical equals.

Gladiator can exploit the Manhunter's weakness with his heat vision.

The Manhunter can exploit Gladiator's weakness with his telepathy.

Who wins here will come down to who attacks first. Assuming no surprised attacks, Gladiator usually will attack first so he will win more than 50% of the time, though probably not much more.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator

Zoom says:

"Kraven says:
"Earlier this week there was a MM Vs. Hulk battle and everyone said that MM would win. Well, in Hulk annual '97, Gladiator got absolutely OWNed by Hulk. It was a fair fight and Glad tried every trick in the book and failed. Therefore, there's no way Gladiator could beat MM."
Hulk really has nothing to do with this fight. Hulk doesn't have heat vision and doesn't move nearly as fast as Gladiator. He only has physical attacks. Against a phasing, flying telepathy, Hulk is severly hanicaped. Just because A beats B and B beats C does not necessarily mean that A beats C. MM and Glads are about physical equals. Gladiator can exploit the Manhunter's weakness with his heat vision. The Manhunter can exploit Gladiator's weakness with his telepathy. Who wins here will come down to who attacks first. Assuming no surprised attacks, Gladiator usually will attack first so he will win more than 50% of the time, though probably not much more."

Gladitor and MM are physical equals.....I personally don't think so. MM appears to be far more physcially powerful/faster (reactions) than Gladiator based on their entire list of appearances.

MM does not suffer from a true physical/psychological weakness to fire now - not to the level he did before anyway - so there is no significant weakness to exploit.

MM has heat vision to equal Galdiators anyway.

If MM can phase to be immune to physical attacks and still attack with his mental powers, then how will Gladiator counterattack ?

Finally, even if Gladiator managed to get in the first attack (which I doubt), MM can withstand his first attack and then simply phase and mentally counterattack.

Avatar image for fallout_slaughter
Fallout Slaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen MM phasing to protect himself against Superman's heat vision and then beating him like some kind of super-strong enlogated man.

His telepathy could easily undermine Gladiator if Cassandra Nova did the same.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Zoom

The_Creator says:

"Zoom says:
"Kraven says:
Hulk really has nothing to do with this fight. Hulk doesn't have heat vision and doesn't move nearly as fast as Gladiator. He only has physical attacks. Against a phasing, flying telepathy, Hulk is severly hanicaped. Just because A beats B and B beats C does not necessarily mean that A beats C. MM and Glads are about physical equals. Gladiator can exploit the Manhunter's weakness with his heat vision. The Manhunter can exploit Gladiator's weakness with his telepathy. Who wins here will come down to who attacks first. Assuming no surprised attacks, Gladiator usually will attack first so he will win more than 50% of the time, though probably not much more."
Gladitor and MM are physical equals.....I personally don't think so. MM appears to be far more physcially powerful/faster (reactions) than Gladiator based on their entire list of appearances. MM does not suffer from a true physical/psychological weakness to fire now - not to the level he did before anyway - so there is no significant weakness to exploit. MM has heat vision to equal Galdiators anyway. If MM can phase to be immune to physical attacks and still attack with his mental powers, then how will Gladiator counterattack ? Finally, even if Gladiator managed to get in the first attack (which I doubt), MM can withstand his first attack and then simply phase and mentally counterattack. "

Being physical equals is something that is hard to argue.

Gladiator is supposed to be the physical equal to Superboy (Kal) originally but has evolved into something else as a character. Unless you subscribe to the "DC goes up to 11" principle, they should be pretty close to equal.

As for the whole Trial By Fire "I'm only hurt by flames of passion" thing, did they ever actually implement that? The way I saw it, they said it and then regular fire still hurt him and emotional fire never did.

Granted, he didn't fall apart at the sight of an open flame, but it still significantly hurts him last I checked, probably to the extent of giving Glads a big enough opening for Gladiator to rip him up.

However, I made a mistake when I first thought of this fight. Gladiator does not know MM has a weakness to fire. He does not start with his heat vision. He starts with his fists. J'onn doesn't start with his telepathy either, but he uses it more quickly than Glads uses his heat vision.

Therefore, Martian Manhunter should win.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Gladiator absolutely gets wrecked here, his TP resistance is immensely inconsistent (Oracle/Cass Nova can TP him just fine anyway) and his stats just aren't good enough even for regular J'onn.