Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Gladiator

No Caption Provided

Rules

• 616/Standard versions (except Maestro)
  • In character.
  • Win via death, KO or BFR.
  • She Hulk is pre upgrade/Slim She Hulk.
  • Battle takes place on a indestructible planet.
  • Begin 30 meters apart.

The gauntlet

1. Grey Hulk.
  2. She Hulk.
  3. Red Hulk.
  4. Professor Hulk.
  5. Maestro.
  6. Savage Hulk.
  7. Immortal Hulk.
  8. World War Hulk.
  9. World Breaker Hulk.

Bonus: Stable Sentry assists Gladiator, how far does the duo make it?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-629ab5c9a8387
deactivated-629ab5c9a8387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Clears.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at him clearing. He stops at like 3.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator

Ross beats him

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator
Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be super generous and say he makes it up to 6 and stops there but he would likely stop way before that.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takenstew22  Moderator
rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jojjimbo

I think if he uses his speed... I don't see how He's even touched by any of the Hulks. realistically, someone that can move and react FTL shouldn't have a problem. I say he clears it or ties with one of the WW/WB Hulks.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo said:

I think if he uses his speed... I don't see how He's even touched by any of the Hulks. realistically, someone that can move and react FTL shouldn't have a problem. I say he clears it or ties with one of the WW/WB Hulks.

Because his speed is as consistent as the amount of times Hulk has flied in comics. Plenty of characters can move at FTL, Thor can move at FTL and Gladiator has one nanosecond reaction feat and dozens upon dozens of feats of getting tagged by everyone from Hulk to Wolverine to Thor to the Thing to Gambit. He has been tagged more times in comics than i can count. Most recent Sunspot caught a spear throw from a bloodlusted Gladiator and proceeded to boast how he is both faster and stronger than him

So no he is far away from clearing this gauntlet, in fact even if he had the speed in some cases he literally lacks the damage output to put down several Hulks in this thread.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jojjimbo

@underfire47 said:
@jojjimbo said:

Because his speed is as consistent as the amount of times Hulk has flied in comics. Plenty of characters can move at FTL, Thor can move at FTL and Gladiator has one nanosecond reaction feat and dozens upon dozens of feats of getting tagged by everyone from Hulk to Wolverine to Thor to the Thing to Gambit. He has been tagged more times in comics than i can count. Most recent Sunspot caught a spear throw from a bloodlusted Gladiator and proceeded to boast how he is both faster and stronger than him

So no he is far away from clearing this gauntlet, in fact even if he had the speed in some cases he literally lacks the damage output to put down several Hulks in this thread.

Well that's the inconsistency of the writer and not the character himself. If its established he has FTL reaction time, then I fail to see how any of the Hulk can touch him without the aid of the writer? again, in the comics writer often ignore powers(and power levels) in order to make a fight between characters. again, applying both of their abilities, no Hulk should be able to even see Gladiator.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry would stop at Immortal Hulk.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo said:
@underfire47 said:
@jojjimbo said:

Well that's the inconsistency of the writer and not the character himself. If its established he has FTL reaction time, then I fail to see how any of the Hulk can touch him without the aid of the writer? again, in the comics writer often ignore powers(and power levels) in order to make a fight between characters. again, applying both of their abilities, no Hulk should be able to even see Gladiator.

How is it not the inconsistency of the character? He has been written that way by dozens of different writers. It's not established he has FTL reaction time i dunno where you got that. It's kinda funny because Gladaitors own creator wrote Gladiator as someone who is only slightly above someone like Colossus which is why the 2 of them famously knocked each other out once when fighting with Gladiator waking up faster than Colossus, but his high end feats all come from other writers but i digress. I can understand your logic if Gladiator had dozens, hell even 3-4 feats of FTL reaction speed in the last 40+ years but he has none, his best feat of nanosecond reaction is slower than light and it's his only feat of that kind and is about as consistent as Thors microsecond feat or Hulk moving his hand thousands of times faster than a centrifuge, it's simply put an outlier.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jojjimbo

@underfire47:

"""How is it not the inconsistency of the character? """

Because he has the ability to move/react at tfl speeds, yet in some fights fails to use it maybe?

""He has been written that way by dozens of different writers."""

And? when a writer(or writers) want to make a fight happen they ignore power, that's just the way it is. but here we don't use PIS/CIS/WIS. we go by thier abilities.

"""It's not established he has FTL reaction time i dunno where you got that."""

He can move FTL, so how on earth is he maneuvering at those speeds if he DOSNT have FTL reaction?

""It's kinda funny because Gladaitors own creator wrote Gladiator as someone who is only slightly above someone like Colossus which is why the 2 of them famously knocked each other out once when fighting with Gladiator waking up faster than Colossus, but his high end feats all come from other writers but i digress.""

So a character cant evolve? originally Superman couldn't fly, nor was he FTL. but guess what? he does now. so I fail to see how this is an argument against Gladiator.

""I can understand your logic if Gladiator had dozens, hell even 3-4 feats of FTL reaction speed in the last 40+ years but he has none, his best feat of nanosecond reaction is slower than light and it's his only feat of that kind and is about as consistent as Thors microsecond feat or Hulk moving his hand thousands of times faster than a centrifuge, it's simply put an outlier.""""

Again, he has the ability to travel faster than light, and just because writers choose to ignore this in order to make it a fight then that's on them and not on the character, ill give you a perfect example, Hulk can move around mach 2, however when fighting a lesser character(Wolverine for example) He's always show to be slower. why is this when he has demonstrated mach speed? well that to make the fight more balance and help the lesser character...comics do this all the time, now if you don't accept that well then there's his fight with the Silver Surfer. Norrin also has FTL speed/reaction(or are you gonna deny this too?) yet the writers always ignore this when he and Hulk fight...why? because Hulk has no chance otherwise that's why.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo: Because he has the ability to move/react at tfl speeds, yet in some fights fails to use it maybe?

That's the problem there, he doesn't have that speed. There are also a ton of characters that have at some point moved at FTL speeds in some way or close to that and yet are not FTL. He doesn't fail in most fights, he fails in 99% of the fights to use it.

And? when a writer(or writers) want to make a fight happen they ignore power, that's just the way it is. but here we don't use PIS/CIS/WIS. we go by thier abilities.

In that case Hulk can move/react to FTL speeds, can tank universal attacks, has multiversal damage output, has infinite strength and infinite stamina, as well as the ability to heal from being turned to ash. If we were to go by all the abilities he has ever shown, does this make sense? Or does it make more sense to go by the consistent abilities a character has shown?

He can move FTL, so how on earth is he maneuvering at those speeds if he DOSNT have FTL reaction?

Because comic book logic, the same way characters talk in the vacuum of space, Thor can move at FTL speeds yet has no FTL reaction speeds and has been confirmed multiple times by writers and characters to not be faster than most street tiers, so what now?

So a character cant evolve? originally Superman couldn't fly, nor was he FTL. but guess what? he does now. so I fail to see how this is an argument against Gladiator.

The problem is he has devolved, all of his best feats happened decades ago, there is a reason he is consdired one of the biggest jobbers now. It's an argument because the character isn't what you portray him to be, he literally isn't being written as that even in modern times.

Again, he has the ability to travel faster than light, and just because writers choose to ignore this in order to make it a fight then that's on them and not on the character, ill give you a perfect example, Hulk can move around mach 2, however when fighting a lesser character(Wolverine for example) He's always show to be slower. why is this when he has demonstrated mach speed? well that to make the fight more balance and help the lesser character...comics do this all the time, now if you don't accept that well then there's his fight with the Silver Surfer. Norrin also has FTL speed/reaction(or are you gonna deny this too?) yet the writers always ignore this when he and Hulk fight...why? because Hulk has no chance otherwise that's why.

Being able to travel faster than light does not give him FTL reaction speed, i have explained this, this is extremely faulty logic and no one is gonna take you seriously if you try to argue it. The forums make a distinction between travel speed and combat speed, because the comics and their writers do to

No Caption Provided

Hulk can move way faster than mach 2 btw, even if we go by his consistent speeds he has jumped between continents and escaped Earths atmosphere with a jump which would require several dozens of machs speed to do, but that's still travel speed. Here is one question for you, if all those characters have their speed nerfed to match other characters why is never their strength nerfed? Or durability? Or any other powers? Why isn't Hulks strength brought down to Wolverines? Why doesn't Wolverine KO him with a punch? Why is it always speed? Is it because he never had that impressive of combat speed to begin with?

Norrin has way more feats of super speed than Gladiator, he also is a written as a pacifist a lot of the times where he holds back, so he can be forgiven when he doesn't just blitz everyone in comics, even though he is perfectly capable of doing so. The writers don't need to ignore the speed difference between Hulk and Surfer because Hulk has no chance regardless, Surfer is just a more powerful being than him in every away except for raw physical strength which isn't all that important as some other abilities.

twrtwrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3. Red Hulk should be above Maestro, since he can put a good fight against pós-core breach Savage Hulk.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He ain’t clearing that’s for sure lol

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkwave32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 8

AnnamalHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 9 if he isn't jobbing

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Underfire47

He could be amped and not jobbing and he still wouldn't have a way to get past 7, the guy had his face busted by a weakened pre-core breach Hulk, but of course that must be because he is jobbing, you see only real characters job 98% of the time but show their true powers in that 2% of not completely sucking.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@noobmaster2001: If you high ball Grey Hulk he could beat Gladiator but by consistent showings I'd put him below.

I'd say he stops at 5-6.