This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#1 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

UltimateHero 
Sex: Male
Power: Spider-Man
Fighting Style: Shang Chi 
Brain: Charles Xavier
Skill: Perfect Timing
Offensive Weapon: Adamantium sword
Defensive Weapon: Adamantium/Vibranium alloy full plate armor and helm
 
CosmicSpiral 
Sex: Male 
Power: Dove 
Fighting Style: Iron Fist  
Brain: Tao
Skill: Mantis' control over her body 
Offensive Weapon: Ragman's cloak (Great Collector Artifact) 
Defensive Weapon: Black Panther's vibranium-weave suit 
 
The fighting stage is the Arena, a 100x100-yard square. Both opponents start on opposite sides of the Arena, west and east respectively. There is bullet-proof shielding every 10 yards in straight lines across the arena; there is 10 feet of space between every individual piece of shielding. Opponents may not leave the arena or use anything from outside of the arena, but they may use anything within the arena to their benefit.  
 
Good luck, Ultimate. You have the honor of the first post. 

Avatar image for ultimatehero
#2 Posted by UltimateHero (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you for the honor of first post and good luck to you as well.
 
My first action is to tear a large piece of bullet-proof shielding out of the ground, and using my super-strength and agility to throw the shielding at you frisbee-style. 
 
My perfect timing/spider-agility/ should offset its lack of true aerodynamics and be able to judge your body language and score a hit based on which way you will dodge.

Avatar image for ultimatehero
#3 Posted by UltimateHero (141 posts) - - Show Bio

If you would prefer a more debate oriented/point vs point style let me know and I can delete my initial post and utilize a more tradition form of battling.

Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#4 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero said:

" Thank you for the honor of first post and good luck to you as well. My first action is to tear a large piece of bullet-proof shielding out of the ground, and using my super-strength and agility to throw the shielding at you frisbee-style.   My perfect timing/spider-agility/ should offset its lack of true aerodynamics and be able to judge your body language and score a hit based on which way you will dodge. "

First problem is that the bullet-proof shielding may not be the correct shape to throw like a frisbee. You cannot overcome problems in aerodynamic design with agility or timing. Second, perfect timing does not equal perfect aim. Third, your armor will most likely prevent you from even moving let alone utilize Spider-Man's abilities to their fullest. If you throw it straight at me, Dove's abilities let me read its movement and dodge it.
 
While you throw the shielding, I jump on your head and smother you with my cloak.
Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#5 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

A quick rundown of my character: 
 
Dove's abilities grant me flight, enhanced durability and healing, superhuman agility, and the power to 'read' people and situations.  
 
Iron Fist's fighting style makes me a master of most of Earth's martial arts and K'un L'un's, a world where hundreds of people dedicated their lives to perfecting them. Daniel is easily one of the top fighters in the world in pure skill, but he often fails to live up to his potential due to many factors (the tendency to have overconfidence in his abilities, lapses in concentration, self-doubt, etc.) 
 
Tao (Tactically Augmented Organism) was built to be absolutely ridiculous in his strategic application of his superhuman intelligence. Barring his ability to manipulate your mind and logical thought processes by just speaking to you, he can also analyze situations and people much faster than any ordinary person. He can divulge your weaknesses, both physical and mental, just by watching you. 
 
Mantis' level of control over her body, a skill developed through rigorous training, gives me all of the abilities she has excluding powers shown as the Celestial Madonna or her more recent appearances. My character has the level of discipline needed to fully exploit Iron Fist's vast martial arts. Combined with Tao's resistance to pain and his relentless mind, I'll be able to draw more power from my offensive weapon than Rory Regan has ever been able to do.   
 
The Great Collector Artifact allows me to draw upon the life energy of thousands of evil souls within the cloak. I can temporarily borrow strength and speed from those people, as well as distribute pain and injury. I can forcibly regenerate myself in this fashion. I can also mentally control the suit to attack for me.  
 
The Vibranium suit absorbs kinetic energy, so your punches or slashes will be useless unless you cut against the grain. Vibranium can be also used to amp the magical abilities of Ragman's cloak (admittedly to an unknown degree). Depending on the limitations of what constitutes the suit, I also have his Anti-Metal claws and vibranium soles. 
 
I also just realized that Dove's powers are somewhat redundant. 

Avatar image for ultimatehero
#6 Edited by UltimateHero (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @UltimateHero said:

" Thank you for the honor of first post and good luck to you as well. My first action is to tear a large piece of bullet-proof shielding out of the ground, and using my super-strength and agility to throw the shielding at you frisbee-style.   My perfect timing/spider-agility/ should offset its lack of true aerodynamics and be able to judge your body language and score a hit based on which way you will dodge. "

First problem is that the bullet-proof shielding may not be the correct shape to throw like a frisbee. You cannot overcome problems in aerodynamic design with agility or timing. Second, perfect timing does not equal perfect aim. Third, your armor will most likely prevent you from even moving let alone utilize Spider-Man's abilities to their fullest. If you throw it straight at me, Dove's abilities let me read its movement and dodge it. While you throw the shielding, I jump on your head and smother you with my cloak. "
They are straight vertical walls. Easy for me to use spider-strength to rip a square section out.. The weight of the section along with my super strength will make aerodynamics moot as its weight will overcome negligible wind resistance.
No Caption Provided

 
i assumed you would most likely dodge...just wanted it to come close and make you close the distance to hand to hand which you did. And it was a fatal error.
  
The armor is fully articulated as you can see. Being able to lift 10+ tons will make the suit feel as light as a feather so it will not impede my movement in the least. it will fell to me as if it were lighter than aluminum foil.
 
 
 
 I threw the section
 
When you get close enough to attempt to choke me i use my far superior speed and agility and perfect timing to snatch your cloak off as i pull my sword with speed so blinding it will appear as if you're standing still and decapitate you. you fly fast but your reaction/speed and agility are only average human so you would appear to be standing still.(adamantium cuts vibranium, and with my super strength it will be like cutting butter with a hot knife).
Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#7 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

" @UltimateHero said:

" Thank you for the honor of first post and good luck to you as well. My first action is to tear a large piece of bullet-proof shielding out of the ground, and using my super-strength and agility to throw the shielding at you frisbee-style.   My perfect timing/spider-agility/ should offset its lack of true aerodynamics and be able to judge your body language and score a hit based on which way you will dodge. "

First problem is that the bullet-proof shielding may not be the correct shape to throw like a frisbee. You cannot overcome problems in aerodynamic design with agility or timing. Second, perfect timing does not equal perfect aim. Third, your armor will most likely prevent you from even moving let alone utilize Spider-Man's abilities to their fullest. If you throw it straight at me, Dove's abilities let me read its movement and dodge it. While you throw the shielding, I jump on your head and smother you with my cloak. "
They are straight vertical walls. Easy for me to use spider-strength to rip a square section out.. The weight of the section along with my super strength will make aerodynamics moot as its weight will overcome negligible wind resistance.
No Caption Provided
 i assumed you would most likely dodge...just wanted it to come close and make you close the distance to hand to hand which you did. And it was a fatal error.   The armor is fully articulated as you can see. Being able to lift 10+ tons will make the suit feel as light as a feather so it will not impede my movement in the least. it will fell to me as if it were lighter than aluminum foil.     I threw the section When you get close enough to attempt to choke me i use my far superior speed and agility and perfect timing to snatch your cloak off as i pull my sword with speed so blinding it will appear as if you're standing still and decapitate. you fly fast but your reaction/speed and agility are only average human so you would appear to be standing still.(adamantium cuts vibranium, and with my super strength it will be like cutting butter with a hot knife). "
Yeah, I'd prefer it if we had a more conventional argument. You still can't move because it's an adamantium/vibranium alloy, which means it directs all the kinetic energy directed at it both inside and outside. The suit would literally have to be skin-tight to work, and if it was then you would be immobilized completely. The cloak thing was a joke, because you can't kill me that easily. 
Avatar image for ultimatehero
#8 Edited by UltimateHero (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @UltimateHero said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

" @UltimateHero said:

" Thank you for the honor of first post and good luck to you as well. My first action is to tear a large piece of bullet-proof shielding out of the ground, and using my super-strength and agility to throw the shielding at you frisbee-style.   My perfect timing/spider-agility/ should offset its lack of true aerodynamics and be able to judge your body language and score a hit based on which way you will dodge. "

First problem is that the bullet-proof shielding may not be the correct shape to throw like a frisbee. You cannot overcome problems in aerodynamic design with agility or timing. Second, perfect timing does not equal perfect aim. Third, your armor will most likely prevent you from even moving let alone utilize Spider-Man's abilities to their fullest. If you throw it straight at me, Dove's abilities let me read its movement and dodge it. While you throw the shielding, I jump on your head and smother you with my cloak. "
They are straight vertical walls. Easy for me to use spider-strength to rip a square section out.. The weight of the section along with my super strength will make aerodynamics moot as its weight will overcome negligible wind resistance.
No Caption Provided
 i assumed you would most likely dodge...just wanted it to come close and make you close the distance to hand to hand which you did. And it was a fatal error.   The armor is fully articulated as you can see. Being able to lift 10+ tons will make the suit feel as light as a feather so it will not impede my movement in the least. it will fell to me as if it were lighter than aluminum foil.     I threw the section When you get close enough to attempt to choke me i use my far superior speed and agility and perfect timing to snatch your cloak off as i pull my sword with speed so blinding it will appear as if you're standing still and decapitate. you fly fast but your reaction/speed and agility are only average human so you would appear to be standing still.(adamantium cuts vibranium, and with my super strength it will be like cutting butter with a hot knife). "
Yeah, I'd prefer it if we had a more conventional argument. You still can't move because it's an adamantium/vibranium alloy, which means it directs all the kinetic energy directed at it both inside and outside. The cloak thing was a joke, because you can't kill me that easily.  "
Yeah.  The armor isn't one solid piece. It's articulated just as a knights plate armor is. Black panther can move in vibranium weave and i would be able to move perfectly just as Cap can.  Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy directed against it it does not negate movement around it. If that were the case cap wouldnt be able to throw his shield.
 
You're grasping at straws because you would have been easily defeated closing the distance like that. You didn't fight intelligently and you lost sooner than you would have if you had been more crafty. 
You lost, pure and simple.
Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#9 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero said: 

Yeah.  The armor isn't one solid piece. It's articulated just as a knights plate armor is. Black panther can move in vibranium weave and i would be able to move perfectly just as Cap can.  Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy directed against it it does not negate movement around it. If that were the case cap wouldnt be able to throw his shield. You're grasping at straws because you would have been easily defeated closing the distance like that. You didn't fight intelligently and you lost sooner than you would have if you had been more crafty.  You lost, pure and simple. "

It doesn't matter if it is one solid piece of not. Disregarding the fact that no one knows what an adamantium/vibranium alloy does (and that adamantium is partially composed of vibranium in the first place), BP's vibranium-weave suit is skin-tight. It may not absorb kinetic energy because the vibranium parts are on the outside, but if they are on the inside he would still be able to move: the suit moves a relative distance of 0 meters in relation to his skin. Cap can throw the shield because the shield is part of an accelerating system consisting of his arm. He is simply releasing the shield from it. It's the same reason that BP still get knocked back when he gets punched. All the kinetic energy at the site of contact is absorbed, but the opponent's arm is still moving and exerting force.  
 
A knight's plate-mail armor requires a gambeson and several other layers of garment underneath it. It is not pressed against the skin, so you need to direct kinetic energy against the inside to move. So you're stuck like a statue. 
 
You haven't presented an argument, just a hypothetical situation that would never happen. You haven't shown why your character will beat mine. Plus you can't make your character do anything, because it isn't you. He can't run or swim or jump in the air because you say so; he acts according to the way you built him. 
Avatar image for ultimatehero
#10 Edited by UltimateHero (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @UltimateHero said: 

Yeah.  The armor isn't one solid piece. It's articulated just as a knights plate armor is. Black panther can move in vibranium weave and i would be able to move perfectly just as Cap can.  Vibranium absorbs kinetic energy directed against it it does not negate movement around it. If that were the case cap wouldnt be able to throw his shield. You're grasping at straws because you would have been easily defeated closing the distance like that. You didn't fight intelligently and you lost sooner than you would have if you had been more crafty.  You lost, pure and simple. "

It doesn't matter if it is one solid piece of not. Disregarding the fact that no one knows what an adamantium/vibranium alloy does (and that adamantium is partially composed of vibranium in the first place), BP's vibranium-weave suit is skin-tight. It may not absorb kinetic energy because the vibranium parts are on the outside, but if they are on the inside he would still be able to move: the suit moves a relative distance of 0 meters in relation to his skin. Cap can throw the shield because the shield is part of an accelerating system consisting of his arm. He is simply releasing the shield from it. It's the same reason that BP still get knocked back when he gets punched. All the kinetic energy at the site of contact is absorbed, but the opponent's arm is still moving and exerting force.   A knight's plate-mail armor requires a gambeson and several other layers of garment underneath it. It is not pressed against the skin, so you need to direct kinetic energy against the inside to move. So you're stuck like a statue.  You haven't presented an argument, just a hypothetical situation that would never happen. You haven't shown why your character will beat mine. Plus you can't make your character do anything, because it isn't you. He can't run or swim or jump in the air because you say so; he acts according to the way you built him.  "
this is pure bs at it's finest. 
caps shield is made of adamantium/ vibranium alloy
No Caption Provided
  This bull about not being able to move vibranium is laughable.You just fought poorly and didnt fight like you had a genius brain.
Your strange theories make no sense and you're a poor loser and act like a child really...argue your inane ideas with yourself troll..i wont respond to you again.
Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#11 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero: I believe I've been trolled.
 
Wrong again. Cap's shield is a vibranium-iron alloy mix. The attempt to replicate it resulted in adamantium. That entire article is wrong: if adamantium was the result of trying to replicate the shield. how can it say that the shield is a special version of adamantium? Since the ingredients for adamantium have been kept secret, no one knows what goes into it (except maybe the Children of the Vault). Vibranium is one of the most likely factors, since it was a known composite for the original shield. 
Avatar image for ultimatehero
#12 Posted by UltimateHero (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @UltimateHero: I believe I've been trolled. Wrong again. Cap's shield is a vibranium-iron alloy mix. The attempt to replicate it resulted in adamantium. That entire article is wrong: if adamantium was the result of trying to replicate the shield. how can it say that the shield is a special version of adamantium? Since the ingredients for adamantium have been kept secret, no one knows what goes into it (except maybe the Children of the Vault). Vibranium is one of the most likely factors, since it was a known composite for the original shield.  "
It's not an article you moron its from the original marvel handbook series.  I never said adamantium is a result of trying to replicate the shield...some writer did who was too dumb to know the real story behind his shield. It says it was a special version because the subsequent adamantium he created wasnt as strong as the first. 
 
the Adamantium in his original shield is an alloy not a composite. hahaha...go slink back to your wiki pages and bag of cheetos to regenerate troll.
 
This is the original version of what caps shield is made out of...anything else is retconned you buffoon.
This will be the last time i message you again i just wanted everyone to see what an obsessive troll you really are. Its a disease..hahaha..you can't stop arguing about it.
 
3000+ posts. hahaha..you need therapy to stop...what kind of idiot wastes 3000+ posts arguing about comic books? get a life loser.
I know your obsession with being a professional forum troll will make it impossible for you not to respond as trolls seem to feel the uncontrollable need to type the last post but i strongly suggest some professional help for you. 
 
I know this post will bring the other trolls out of hiding..i wont respond to you either...hahaha..you people dont know how to enjoy anything...all you do is bicker on here and take out your low self-esteem issues and sociopathy on each other.
Avatar image for DedmanWalkin
#13 Posted by DedmanWalkin (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you are a troll!

Avatar image for cosmicspiral
#14 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

" @UltimateHero: I believe I've been trolled. Wrong again. Cap's shield is a vibranium-iron alloy mix. The attempt to replicate it resulted in adamantium. That entire article is wrong: if adamantium was the result of trying to replicate the shield. how can it say that the shield is a special version of adamantium? Since the ingredients for adamantium have been kept secret, no one knows what goes into it (except maybe the Children of the Vault). Vibranium is one of the most likely factors, since it was a known composite for the original shield.  "

It's not an article you moron its from the original marvel handbook series.  I never said adamantium is a result of trying to replicate the shield...some writer did who was too dumb to know the real story behind his shield. It says it was a special version because the subsequent adamantium he created wasnt as strong as the first. 
 
the Adamantium in his original shield is an alloy not a composite. hahaha...go slink back to your wiki pages and bag of cheetos to regenerate troll.  This is the original version of what caps shield is made out of...anything else is retconned you buffoon. This will be the last time i message you again i just wanted everyone to see what an obsessive troll you really are. Its a disease..hahaha..you can't stop arguing about it. 3000+ posts. hahaha..you need therapy to stop...what kind of idiot wastes 3000+ posts arguing about comic books? get a life loser. I know your obsession with being a professional forum troll will make it impossible for you not to respond as trolls seem to feel the uncontrollable need to type the last post but i strongly suggest some professional help for you.   I know this post will bring the other trolls out of hiding..i wont respond to you either...hahaha..you people dont know how to enjoy anything...all you do is bicker on here and take out your low self-esteem issues and sociopathy on each other. "
Meh. The handbook series is wrong, and was wrong for a long time before Marvel finally corrected it. Read the original issues.  
 
Sticks and stones. Don't be on a comic book site if you know nothing about comics. Are you ready to make a real argument about your character?
Avatar image for final_arrow
#15 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @UltimateHero: I believe I've been trolled. Wrong again. Cap's shield is a vibranium-iron alloy mix. The attempt to replicate it resulted in adamantium. That entire article is wrong: if adamantium was the result of trying to replicate the shield. how can it say that the shield is a special version of adamantium? Since the ingredients for adamantium have been kept secret, no one knows what goes into it (except maybe the Children of the Vault). Vibranium is one of the most likely factors, since it was a known composite for the original shield.  "
It's not an article you moron its from the original marvel handbook series.  I never said adamantium is a result of trying to replicate the shield...some writer did who was too dumb to know the real story behind his shield. It says it was a special version because the subsequent adamantium he created wasnt as strong as the first. 
 
the Adamantium in his original shield is an alloy not a composite. hahaha...go slink back to your wiki pages and bag of cheetos to regenerate troll.  This is the original version of what caps shield is made out of...anything else is retconned you buffoon. This will be the last time i message you again i just wanted everyone to see what an obsessive troll you really are. Its a disease..hahaha..you can't stop arguing about it. 3000+ posts. hahaha..you need therapy to stop...what kind of idiot wastes 3000+ posts arguing about comic books? get a life loser. I know your obsession with being a professional forum troll will make it impossible for you not to respond as trolls seem to feel the uncontrollable need to type the last post but i strongly suggest some professional help for you.   I know this post will bring the other trolls out of hiding..i wont respond to you either...hahaha..you people dont know how to enjoy anything...all you do is bicker on here and take out your low self-esteem issues and sociopathy on each other. "

Do not insult other users, use the flag system if you have a problem, 
 
Locking this thread as I see it going nowhere now.