Gil
Gil
No Caption Provided
Meng
Meng

Rules:

• Both are pissed at each other
  • Standard Gear
  • Nascent Soul Meng Hao, regular Gilgamesh (no CCC or stuff like that)
  • Battle takes place in a generic open field

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#3 Posted by Just_Banter (12418 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for Meng?

#4 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: Has a ton of soul hax (burn it, freeze it, turn it into gold, rip it off, punch it, etc). In dc, I think the best is beating a guy who destroyed an island. Very strong healing, powerful shapeshifting, can rip the souls out of mountains and throw them at people.

His most op might be a time sword formation that ages people tens of thousands of years each second. Might have to restrict that if it's too much. Even in-universe is absolutely ridiculous . . .

#5 Edited by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear that this Meng Hao Character is like an Ancient Chinese Pre-Retcon Beyonder on Steroids according to Meng Hao fans and backers.

Is this true? If so, then this thread is settled.

#6 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_banter: Has a ton of soul hax (burn it, freeze it, turn it into gold, rip it off, punch it, etc). In dc, I think the best is beating a guy who destroyed an island. Very strong healing, powerful shapeshifting, can rip the souls out of mountains and throw them at people.

His most op might be a time sword formation that ages people tens of thousands of years each second. Might have to restrict that if it's too much. Even in-universe is absolutely ridiculous . . .

I know nothing of Gilgamesh.

Haowie faced off against a spirit severing cultivator when he was in the core formation...

I mean while that fight was one sided against him if we go by scaling and sense of scale...

Lord Revelation had long since caught sight of the oil lamp in Meng Hao’s hands. He looked down, his gaze sweeping the land once again. He lifted his hand, then waved it downward a second time.

This time light poured from his eyes, and the slit on his forehead opened up to the width of a finger. The blood red light poured out, and as his hand descended, the mountains for tens of thousands of miles in all directions began to rock and sway. In the sky above the quaking mountains, appeared… an enormous hand!

At first it didn’t seem very large, but amidst thunderous rumblings, it grew larger and larger, until it seemed as if it covered the mountains for tens of thousands of kilometres in all directions. The earth trembled, and the faces of the three Pseudo Nascent Soul Patriarchs were filled with shock. They fled at the fastest speed they could muster.

Meng Hao could only watch wide-eyed as the hand in the sky grew bigger and bigger. It covered everything, until it was the only thing visible in the entire sky.

Everything for tens of thousands of kilometers grew black. The hand covered everything. And then, it began to descend. The earth began to quake. Mountains buckled and collapsed. As the hand fell toward him, Meng Hao felt as if doomsday had arrived.

earths diameter is 12,756 KM according to google...

#8 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Only time I remember him fighting a Spirit Severing Cultivator in Core Formation was in that Snow city, and he only won because of the Agarwood. He fought that emotionless guy, but he was only in his First Severing. Revelations was using a gift from the Dawn Immortal to have the power of the Third Severing iirc. So Meng Hao wasn't at that level yet.

#9 Edited by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa: https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/i-shall-seal-the-heavens/issth-book-4-chapter-517

is the first encounter, I don't have the chapter for the second...

and he totally didn't stand much of a chance.

even using cheat items he didn't get smurfed was my point...

#10 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Meng didn't even fight the guy, Zhixiang had to save him. And that was a clone as well.

#11 Edited by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa: I can't remember... was it nascant he fought the guy? I swear I have read this entire novel 3 times, and still can't keep track lol.

#12 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Meng faced him once in Core Formation, and would get stomped without Zhixiang. Then they fought later when Meng got the five colored Nascent Soul and was still outclassed, although he won with the help of the Blood Mastiff.

Then he got the Spirit Severing body and stomped the guy with finger pokes. The thing is, the guy was at the First Severing. At his best in the Nascent Soul Stage, Meng could fight the Second Severing, although it's implied he'd lose. Revelations was wielding the power of the Third Severing, so Meng shouldn't scale to him at that point.

#13 Edited by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa said:

@sungsam: This is a weaker version.

Why do you Meng Hao fans like to reduce Meng Hao fighting low tiers like Gilgamesh when you should be pitting his max-potential against Beyonder, Hajun, LT, Oblivion, Lucifer Morningstar (not the TV version of course) and Divine Spawn?

You do realize that a Chinese character who becomes a MOTHERFUCKING ANCIENT CHINESE PRE-RETCON BEYONDER ON STEROIDS is a pretty big deal right? A badass concept. He should be up there with the fucking big boys instead of toddlers that Featherine sends to School like a Soccer mom. So why do you only use his weaker versions ever?

Just imagine Beyonder, decides to become Chinese, maybe Hokkien, Cantonese, Taiwanese or probably Hebei Han, doing Wing Chun attacks, flicking Bruce Lee nun-chucks around and shit, destroying infinite numbers of infinite numbers of infinite dimensional omniverses that have infinite dimensional multiverses because he has Chinese Steroids that made him more powerful than he ever was in SW. And hopefully, those steroids are actually good quality, unlike much of the stuff made in china. That's what Meng Hao is to my mind. At least according to you guys.

I think you should utilize his Composite Version more in these threads.

#14 Edited by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa said:

@thekillerklok: Meng faced him once in Core Formation, and would get stomped without Zhixiang. Then they fought later when Meng got the five colored Nascent Soul and was still outclassed, although he won with the help of the Blood Mastiff.

Then he got the Spirit Severing body and stomped the guy with finger pokes. The thing is, the guy was at the First Severing. At his best in the Nascent Soul Stage, Meng could fight the Second Severing, although it's implied he'd lose. Revelations was wielding the power of the Third Severing, so Meng shouldn't scale to him at that point.

That sounds... correct...

My brain isn't yet awake... and I really need to record down the feats for the nascent stage some time...

#15 Edited by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@sungsam: Because a huge chunk of the story is devoted to a time when he wasn't that strong and it would be interesting to see how he'd do against people who aren't nigh-omnipotent.

#16 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: You must really like that novel to read more than a thousand chapters three times.

#17 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

who is this Ming Hoe

#18 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa: The entire damn thing is all related... there are still details have missed...

#19 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: I feel ya. Sometimes he's in a bad situation and is saved by something that was mentioned in passing hundreds of chapters beforehand . . .

#20 Posted by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

who is this Ming Hoe

Meng Hao is a motherfucking Ancient Chinese Pre-Retcon Beyonder on Steroids.

#21 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@sungsam: Taking Meng Hao at his strongest point is fun and all, but the best part of the novel is the main characters trollish personality....

which shines best when he isn't top dog.

#22 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

So does this guy have actual feats, or is it all just Omnipotence fanboying?

(This came off saltier than I meant it to)

#23 Posted by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

So does this guy have actual feats, or is it all just Omnipotence fanboying?

(This came off saltier than I meant it to)

We're using Nascent Soul Meng Hao. What Omnipotence fanboying? I see no such thing here.

#24 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by HigherPower (12407 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still within the first several hundred chapters. To think Killeklok suggested the series to me over 8 months ago... oh well.

Also no one has been on-topic so far yet. I think Meng has everything he needs to beat Gilgamesh in terms of versatility, output and defense. So this probably depends on speed.

#26 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: @sungsam:You guys don't seem to understand that you need to support an argument with facts, not just assume other people will do your research for you.

#27 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: @sungsam:You guys don't seem to understand that you need to support an argument with facts, not just assume other people will do your research for you.

My argument is that more people need to read ISSTH because it's amazing...

get to it... chop chop...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
#28 Posted by deactivated-5b466be4b5981 (3660 posts) - - Show Bio
@sungsam said:
@jucaslucasa said:

@sungsam: This is a weaker version.

Why do you Meng Hao fans like to reduce Meng Hao fighting low tiers like Gilgamesh when you should be pitting his max-potential against Beyonder, Hajun, LT, Oblivion, Lucifer Morningstar (not the TV version of course) and Divine Spawn?

You do realize that a Chinese character who becomes a MOTHERFUCKING ANCIENT CHINESE PRE-RETCON BEYONDER ON STEROIDS is a pretty big deal right? A badass concept. He should be up there with the fucking big boys instead of toddlers that Featherine sends to School like a Soccer mom. So why do you only use his weaker versions ever?

Just imagine Beyonder, decides to become Chinese, maybe Hokkien, Cantonese, Taiwanese or probably Hebei Han, doing Wing Chun attacks, flicking Bruce Lee nun-chucks around and shit, destroying infinite numbers of infinite numbers of infinite dimensional omniverses that have infinite dimensional multiverses because he has Chinese Steroids that made him more powerful than he ever was in SW. And hopefully, those steroids are actually good quality, unlike much of the stuff made in china. That's what Meng Hao is to my mind. At least according to you guys.

I think you should utilize his Composite Version more in these threads.

This post killed me

#29 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Oh yeah, great argument. A fine display of intelligence and witty repartee.

#30 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Oh yeah, great argument. A fine display of intelligence and witty repartee.

Why thank you, More people need to read this masterpiece by Er Gen. The amount of effort and detail that has gone into this novel is jaw-dropping.

as for the battle, like I said earlier I know nothing of Gilgamesh. Normally I would just link you my respect thread for Meng hao, but the nascent soul cultivation goes on for a really long time and I got lazy...

#31 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Meng Hao keep up with a guy who flicks away lightning speed attacks and reacts to light? Can he deal with a Planet annihilating weapon that rips apart dimensions? Can he deal with hundreds of Hypersonic conceptual weapons being fired from all angles?

Until I see feats for Meng Hao and not just Flavour Text splurges I'll go with the King of Heroes.

#32 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

Can Meng Hao keep up with a guy who flicks away lightning speed attacks and reacts to light? Can he deal with a Planet annihilating weapon that rips apart dimensions? Can he deal with hundreds of Hypersonic conceptual weapons being fired from all angles?

Until I see feats for Meng Hao and not just Flavour Text splurges I'll go with the King of Heroes.

#33 Edited by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashingsabre said:
@chaos239 said:

Here is a small clip of Core realm Meng Hao facing his core realm tribulation. (book-4-chapter-384)

flicking away lightning you say? below is a clip from meng Hao's gold core tribulation, tribulation being where increasingly powerful/profound lightning strikes

Suddenly, the sky above went black. Ten lightning bolts shot down, carrying with them all the pretentious dignity of the Heavenly Tribulation. They descended directly toward Meng Hao, and as they did, the sky above suddenly burst into chaos. The massive clouds began to rotate to form a vortex. Shocking rumbling filled the air. If this scene could be painted onto a canvas, anyone who looked at it would never be able to forget it.

“Meng Hao is not the type of person to passively take a beating!” laughed Meng Hao. He lifted his hand up and pointed toward the sky. Suddenly, the power of the Eighth Demon Sealing Hex poured out from Meng Hao. Ghost images sprang up everywhere as the power shot up toward the Heavens.

“Demonic Qi! Art of Righteous Bestowal! Eighth Demon Sealing Hex!”

Heaven and Earth shook. An aura visible only to Meng Hao himself surged up from the crystalline ground and shot toward him. The countless strands immediately congealed together to form a churning mist.

This Demonic mist surged out to completely surround Meng Hao, as if he was calling upon the very essence of the land, and it was following his direction. It shot toward the incoming ten bolts of lightning.

A massive boom rocked everything above and below. The lightning descended, causing a shocking roar to fill the sky. It slammed into the Demonic Qi surrounding Meng Hao, causing it to shatter, layer by layer. As it did, the lightning slowly began to dissipate.

In the blink of an eye, only three of the ten Tribulation Lightning bolts remained. The Demonic Qi crumbled away, and the three remaining Tribulation Lightning bolts screamed toward Meng Hao. Immediately, the silk of the Eyeless Larva surrounded him, and yet, some of the lightning still managed to slip through.

A tremor shot through Meng Hao’s body, and a vast quantity of blood sprayed out of his mouth. His body shot down toward the ground like a meteor. A huge boom could be heard as he slammed into the crystalline ground. The ground shattered, cracks spread out, and a crater was suddenly visible.

The Tribulation Clouds up above churned, lightning dancing about within. Suddenly, the lightning began to congeal together, its color changing once again. Now the lightning had four colors. Peals of thunder crackled out.

Within the three thousand kilometer region, the remaining five Nascent Soul Cultivators coughed up blood. Two of them directly exploded. Their weakened Nascent Souls attempted to flee, but were obliterated by lightning.

Can he deal with a Planet annihilating weapon that rips apart dimensions? Can he deal with hundreds of Hypersonic conceptual weapons being fired from all angles?

hypersonic? nothing special.

see my sense of scale area of my respect thread to get an inkling why.

100 hypersonic attacks? this really doesn't seem special...

Hypersonic conceptual weapons... whoah I don't know about that senpei, depending on the conceptual attack that seems like it would be a little much for nascent realm Meng Hao?

but I have to ask... does Gilgamesh have any feats surviving soul crush?

or else this battle is going to be Soul crush GG. always add no soul crush to to the op when using meng hao lol.

#34 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashingsabre said:
@chaos239 said:

Here is a small clip of Core realm Meng Hao facing his core realm tribulation. (book-4-chapter-384)

reacting to lightning? below is a clip from meng Hao's gold core tribulation, tribulation being where increasingly powerful/profound lightning strikes

So he can do what Gil does with no effort?

"Instantly, thunder boomed outside the glass window when the arrow was within 20 meters from the hotel. Bright light dazzled, and innumerous small bolts of lightning ran across the sky. Of those, one had directly hit the arrow and dissipated what should have been a deadly blow in the air. Still, the shockwave shattered the glass, coming at all sides in the room.But the second shot had already been fired.

The bolts of lightning from the autodefensor activated and went to intercept the incoming arrow, but while several bolts had struck it, the arrow managed to slip through the lightning strikes and came for Gilgamesh. The speed at which electricity transmitted through the air, the speed of lighting in other words, is slower than light, but it should have been fast enough to catch a normal arrow. But the speed of the arrow went beyond the limits of humanity. Gilgamesh instantly manifested his armor and knocked the arrow away with his left gauntlet. However, apparently not completely nullifying its force, a portion of the armor broke and chips of gold fell to the floor."

Fate/Strange Fake

Also Gil still has better reaction feats.

The released beam of light made a cross-section of the entire hall, directly impacting the Grail that floated on the stage. Archer nimbly dodged this attack, but because he was in close proximity to the beam of light, its high intensity made him momentarily unable to execute the attack on Kiritsugu.

Fate/Zero

hypersonic? nothing special.

So omnidirectionle hypersonic weapon spam won't be tough?

see my sense of scale area of my respect thread to get an inkling why.

100 hypersonic attacks? this really doesn't seem special...

Sorry, I underestimated what a Serious Gil would do, he would light the sky golden with the amount of GoB portals he'd open.

Hypersonic conceptual weapons... whoah I don't know about that senpei, depending on the conceptual attack that seems like it would be a little much for nascent realm Meng Hao?

Things like causality reversal, regen negation, magic nullification etc

but I have to ask... does Gilgamesh have any feats surviving soul crush?

Servants eat souls to get stronger and the idea of them effecting each other is laughable.

or else this battle is going to be Soul crush GG. always add no soul crush to to the op when using meng hao lol.

I believe the correct term is 'Ea GG' since ya know, a Serious Gil in Strange Fake immediately opens with Ea vs Enkidu.

#35 Edited by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239:

So omnidirectionle hypersonic weapon spam won't be tough?

Things like causality reversal, regen negation, magic nullification etc

Then this character might be a little much for Nascent Soul Meng Hao...

barring maybe a start of match blitz or trololo soul crush. in generally it's hard to argue for specific "Got em" arguments against a character I know nothing about.

Servants eat souls to get stronger and the idea of them effecting each other is laughable.

In a Xianxia setting.... eating souls is child's play.

ISSTH is especially bad because of the following scaling.

a 6th level of qi condensation can soul crush a 3rd level.

the gap between qi condensation and foundation is the difference between heaven and earth, a comparison between realms is an infant trying to fight a strongman. (Main characters ignore this via cheats)

so basically what you get is this

Base human <<< Qi Condensation <<<< Foundation Realm<<<<< Core Realm <<<<< Nascent soul realm.

which is absurdity, hence why you always add the rule. "No soul crush" when using Meng Hao in battles.

and the worse part is this is actually somewhat quantifiable at points using the scale of divine sense(How far the soul can extend) as a marker... (At least if we are following the general rules of spiritual/divine sense some fictions go off and do their own thing. )

I believe the correct term is 'Ea GG' since ya know, a Serious Gil in Strange Fake immediately opens with Ea vs Enkidu.

No Caption Provided

what does that mean?

#36 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably meng hao.

#37 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Ea is a country+ space-time warping weapon which wipes everything it hits from existence.

#38 Posted by HigherPower (12407 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok:

When did he do that?

#40 Edited by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@jucaslucasa said:

@thekillerklok:

When did he do that?

pretty sure wang lvl 6 showed it off against a lvl 3 meng hao

edit https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/i-shall-seal-the-heavens/issth-book-1-chapter-17

but if you want wang bullying a weaker cultivator

Yin Tianlong’s face fell as he looked at the character ‘eight’ on the jade slip in front of him. Hands behind his back, he used his Wind Walking technique to float up onto the platform.

The moment his feet touched down, Wang Tengfei lifted his right foot, and suddenly the entire platform began to vibrate with a loud hum, as if some sort of blast was accumulating from all corners. Wang Tengfei didn’t move, but the massive invisible force shot toward Yin Tianlong.

When he saw this, Yin Tianlong’s face changed. Wang Tengfei had not even moved, yet the massive pressure bearing down on Yin Tianlong was already making it difficult for him to circulate his spiritual energy.

“I admit defeat…” he said immediately and without hesitation. Apparently, he didn’t want to hear any comments about his decision. Saluting deeply with cupped hands, he leaped off the platform and left the square.

#41 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower: Check any of the Type-Moon material profiles for it.

#42 Posted by HigherPower (12407 posts) - - Show Bio

What a cop-out.

#43 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@higherpower:

In Strange Fake, Ea is referred to as "the weapon of Void". It cracks reality, devours space-time and returns everything to its origin/nothingness. Therein lies the "erases things from existence".

Cracking of reality and space-time devours happened in Strange Fake and Extra CCC.

#44 Posted by Thekillerklok (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

@higherpower:

In Strange Fake, Ea is referred to as "the weapon of Void". It cracks reality, devours space-time and returns everything to its origin/nothingness. Therein lies the "erases things from existence".

Cracking of reality and space-time devours happened in Strange Fake and Extra CCC.

Ah... so this is why the op says

regular Gilgamesh (no CCC or stuff like that)

#45 Posted by Chaos239 (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

@higherpower:

Ah... so this is why the op says

regular Gilgamesh (no CCC or stuff like that)

That Strange/Fake Gilgamesh, Strange Fake takes place as a possible sequel to FSN.

#46 Posted by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Fuck it. Just use Composite Meng Hao vs Composite Gilgamesh.

Let em go all out and shit.

#47 Posted by SwagPack (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@sungsam:

Not sure why Meng Hao deserves pounding of such magnitude, but ok.

#48 Posted by FlashingSabre (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Strange Fake Gil IS normal Gil. If anything, Stay Night Gil is the odd man out.

#49 Edited by Raziel2014 (1403 posts) - - Show Bio

@swagpack said:

@sungsam:

you havent read ISSTH have you, Full power Meng hao would only need 1 hair to kill gilgamesh, time and space, void is all but crap in the eyes of meng hao,

#50 Edited by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@raziel2014 said:
@swagpack said:

@sungsam:

you havent read ISSTH have you, Full power Meng hao would only need 1 hair to kill gilgamesh, time and space, void is all but crap in the eyes of meng hao,

HOLY SHIT! the Gilgamesh Backers are up against a composite powered imaginary character like Composite Powered Meng Hao, totally alien to them, unknown to them that they have not had any experience to have argue against before!

Can the Gilgamesh Supporters survive this Shitstorm that Sungsam provoked them and baited them intentionally into so Sungsam may watch the shit storm for his entertainment? This time, can our Heroic Gilgamesh Backers win the same way they defeated the Altair wankers?

Find out, on the next page of this thread, next week's episode of Wank that Imaginary Character! Wank that shit, Smoke that shit, hit it!