Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Geralt (Witcher) runs Guts (Berserk) gauntlet

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ultimate Street tier Monster Hunter vs Ultimate Street tier Demon Hunter.

Some of these later versions of Guts seem too much, but how about the earlier versions? How far can Geralt go?

Composite Netflix/Games/Books Geralt, standard EQ.

1. Teenager Guts (Backstory version)

No Caption Provided

2. First Griffith Duel Guts (BOS version)

No Caption Provided

3. 100 men slayer Guts (Prime Golden Age version)

No Caption Provided

4. Dragonslayer Guts (Tower of Conviction version)

No Caption Provided

5. Berserker armor Guts (Current version)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only a chance for Geralt in round 1 and 2, unless i forgett something. Later versions of Guts are too versatail and too fast. Early version like round one can be beaten easy with magic, round 2 is a bit diffictult, but i would going with Geralt here. Every round above 2 is a horrible stomp, at least i don´t see Geralt beating Guts in the Prime Golden Age. 4 and 5 oneshots.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Geralt stomps
  2. Geralt wins handily
  3. Geralt wins in a good fight
  4. Could go either way. Engaging Guts in a swordfight would most likely end badly for Geralt (unless we count his cameos from Soul Calibur and Monster Hunter), but he has many alternative ways of dealing with him (Yrden, bombs, poisons, et.cet).
  5. Guts stomps. Way too powerful, durable and relentless.
Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Geralt stomps
  • Geralt with ease
  • Geralt wins with not so much troubles. Guts is not going to go down without swinging though.
  • Geralt dies. He have possibly better reflexes and reactions thanks to his further enhancements in Blood and Wine and scaling to Dettlaff, but he is outmatched in anything else save for skills. Geralt in character does not abuse signs and there is no prep here.
  • Guts stomps. Too fast, too strong, resilience durability and endurance beyond anything Geralt can expect to beat, among other things. For Geralt that would be like fighting a stronger version of Dettlaff with an extremely unorthodox fighting style and with better fighting instincts and who can use a sword proficiently. I would be surprised if he could last more than 15-20 seconds.
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5 tparks  Online

Possibly stops in round 2, but definitely does in round 3.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: How in the world do you see Geralt losing to 18 years old Guts ? Geralt fought and killed stuff mighter warriors than this version of Guts consistently, Wild Hunt generals for example or Olgierd. I cannot see how Geralt will be bested by Golden Age Guts, Geralt have everything for him except for strength and durability.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eredin12  Online

Stops at 5

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tparks  Online

@herculean: I don’t think he loses to 18 year old Guts, but I think there’s a possibility he could. Guts still nearly beat Griffith, and even his longsword is a one hit kill on Geralt. There’s at least a possibility Guts can win, specially since everyone underestimated him so much at that age.

Golden Age definitely beats Geralt though. Guts was a one man army in Golden Age, and has every advantage on Geralt besides signs. His damage soak is way higher, his speed is way higher, his skill is better, and his strength is better. Could you imagine an unarmed Geralt during The Eclipse fighting through as many apostles as Guts did? He’d be dead instantly. A single Apostle would be incredibly strong in the Witcher, let alone dozens of them at the same time, all while injured to the point of near death just moments before, and unarmed.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Herculean

@tparks:

I don’t think he loses to 18 year old Guts, but I think there’s a possibility he could. Guts still nearly beat Griffith, and even his longsword is a one hit kill on Geralt. There’s at least a possibility Guts can win, specially since everyone underestimated him so much at that age.

Games Geralt is far too fast, far too skilled, far too everything for this Guts to have a chance. If this was novels Geralt then I actually think Geralt might be in for some troubles, but not composite Geralt man. Also, Guts only nearly bit Griffith because said Griffith was holding back, even then this is a stretch. If the fight was serious Guts would be dead in seconds.

Golden Age definitely beats Geralt though. Guts was a one man army in Golden Age, and has every advantage on Geralt besides signs.

Guts does not have the advantage in speed and reflexes. Geralt fought and basically beat on his own Dettlaff , a guy who was stated by Geralt to be able to kill a hundred of the best knights of Toussaint and even the whole army on his own. Yes, GA Guts is a one man army, but Geralt fought and WON against a one-vampire army who is frankly superior than anything Guts overcome in the Golden Age.

His damage soak is way higher,

Not relevant when Geralt pierce his guts or cut his head off.

his speed is way higher,

What ? How ? Pure swordswinging speed might be debatable, I guess. But for the rest Geralt is far faster than this Guts. He fought and won against Dettlaff someone who, again, was confirmed by Geralt to be able to best the army of toussaint on his own due to notably his speed. And who is a legit supersonic foe.

Loading Video...

Does Golden Age Guts have any feat suggesting he can fight a guy who is casually FTE and supersonic in his rushes and have regeneration+very haxi abilities and stuff not to mention actual fighting skills ? In fact, Dettlaff clearly left a sonic boom here. This is a actual canon scene , not gameplay

No Caption Provided

his skill is better

Geralt killed Eredin without being wounded or even got his blood drew from his sword even once. Eredin is noted to be a outstanding swordsman. Geralt also beat Olgierd another masterful swordsman with literally demonic abilities. Guts is not more skilled than him, his best scaling is to Griffith and Boscogn, the former who is nothing impressive by Geralt standards and the later impossible to properly judge.

and his strength is better.

Agree, swordswinging strength from this Guts is better.

ould you imagine an unarmed Geralt during The Eclipse fighting through as many apostles as Guts did? He’d be dead instantly. A single Apostle would be incredibly strong in the Witcher, let alone dozens of them at the same time, all while injured and unarmed.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.. No I cannot image Geralt killing Apostles with his bare hands, or Geralt having the same resilience and durability as GA Guts, but I do not need to do so. This is a fight involving swords, not a fistcufff.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tparks  Online

@herculean:

Games Geralt is far too fast, far too skilled, far too everything for this Guts to have a chance. If this was novels Geralt then I actually think Geralt might be in for some troubles, but not composite Geralt man. Also, Guts only nearly bit Griffith because said Griffith was holding back, even then this is a stretch. If the fight was serious Guts would be dead in seconds.

I don't disagree with much of this, besides this part:

Also, Guts only nearly bit Griffith because said Griffith was holding back

That is so wrong. There's no way you can say the most important fight of the entire series had Griffith holding back. It would go against his character so much to hold back. This whole fight is mirrored in Departure, and it's made pretty evident that Griffith never saw Guts as anything but his property, and he would rather see Guts dead then not own him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Griffith isn't someone who would half-ass anything, and specially not when he met Guts, and instantly fell madly in love with him. It goes so much against the entire story of Berserk to say that Griffith was holding back in their first fight. He's an obsessive psychopath, and demanded Guts be his property. Griffith was obsessed with Guts ever since he saw him fight off his own men with ease.

Now, if you're trying to say Griffith held back on his first strike, when he intentionally avoided Gut's heart, I get it, but that wasn't really a fight. In the fight that followed, they both were going all out, when it was the fight to determine if Guts would walk free, or become Griffith's property.

And please don't try and say Griffith's demeanor or him offering to postpone the fight would be him holding back, because that's just how Griffith acts at every moment in the series. Even when he's raping Casca in front of Guts, his face is completely devoid of emotion. Even when he was basically a walking skeleton after being tortured for a year, he still had the same nonchalant look on his face. In their fight to determine Guts' freedom, both of them had to go all out.

Even in their first fight, Casca saw Griffith was already obsessed with Guts

No Caption Provided

Does this really look like Griffith was holding back?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Guts does not have the advantage in speed and reflexes. Geralt fought and basically beat on his own Dettlaff , a guy who was stated by Geralt to be able to kill a hundred of the best knights of Toussaint and even the whole army on his own. Yes, GA Guts is a one man army, but Geralt fought and WON against a one-vampire army who is frankly superior than anything Guts overcome in the Golden Age.

He absolutely does. Guts' reaction times and reflexes are way better then Geralt's. I don't think this is even a contest.

You're trying to prove that Geralt's reflexes are better because of a short burst of movement from Detlaff, which is just a pretty typical thing street levelers face all the time.

No Caption Provided

Yes, this is incredibly fast, but...

No Caption Provided

Moon Knight has moved this fast:

He was standing on the ground next to Spider-Man, when a shooter had Spider-Man in his sights from the top of the building.

No Caption Provided

Moon Knight notices the sniper, and is able to make his way from the ground, to the roof, behind the sniper, and knock him out, all before the sniper ever even sees Moon Knight move, or even pull the trigger.

No Caption Provided

Yet no one is going to claim Moon Knight could possibly beat Guts.

Ash was able to kill Eligos, who is way faster then Detlaff. Eligos can move so fast, that he completely disappears from sight, for extended periods of time.

Loading Video...

Being completely invisible in a small room from movement speed is much faster then Detlaff doing a short burst of speed, and yet no one would claim Ash stands a chance against Guts.

A burst of travel speed is just not nearly as deadly as combat speed. The other important thing is, Geralt wasn't the one moving that fast. But even if you wanted to do the scaling game and just say everything Geralt ever fights, he matches with the exact same stats, which is just wrong, it's still just a short burst of travel speed, which is not nearly as deadly as combat speed, which I'll get to with Guts now.

Does Golden Age Guts have any feat suggesting he can fight a guy who is casually FTE and supersonic in his rushes

I just went through why I'm not convinced Detlaff's short burst of travel speed is all that big of a deal, specially when it wasn't even Geralt who did it, but Guts does have FTE combat speed in Golden Age, way faster then both Geralt and Detlaff's combined:

No Caption Provided

"A-Amazing!! You can't see their weapons!!"

"If...if you approached now you'd get caught in their blade-wind!!"

Neither Detlaff or Geralt have any speed feats even remotely close to this. Not only was this FTE combat, but it was so fast, that the army around them couldn't even approach because of the wind being generated by their sword swings, and that was happening while on horseback. That's way beyond Geralt's abilities.

Which brings me back to this:

Not relevant when Geralt pierce his guts or cut his head off.

Definitely not happening, when Guts' combat speed is so much faster. Specially since his weapon has so much range too. If Geralt tried to get a sword swing in on Guts, he'd be cut in half before he could react.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.. No I cannot image Geralt killing Apostles with his bare hands, or Geralt having the same resilience and durability as GA Guts, but I do not need to do so. This is a fight involving swords, not a fistcufff.

You can't do this with Geralt, because you can't compare Geralt to Guts. Guts is so much more powerful then Geralt. It's why Guts could fight through dozens of enemies all powerful enough to solo Geralt, all while Guts was near death from so many injuries, and unarmed.

You are right that I'm comparing apples and oranges, because Guts is in another league then Geralt.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Herculean

@tparks:

That is so wrong. There's no way you can say the most important fight of the entire series had Griffith holding back.

This being the most important fight of the serie means nothing, this is besides the point and literally is no proof whatsoever to support your argument. I can name you various series in which the so-call most important fight involve a character not holding back . Really not sure why I need to explain the obvious.

It would go against his character so much to hold back.

No, it would not. Griffith wanted to have Guts with him and he literally one-shotted him in their first engagement with the slightest effort. The fight was literally the following. Guts and Griffith charge, Griffith block Guts strike with no efforts and then outmaneuver his guard and one-shots him

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Then Guts himself confirm to us in the following chapter than Griffith was holding back in that instance and made sure not to kill him

No Caption Provided

This whole fight is mirrored in Departure, and it's made pretty evident that Griffith never saw Guts as anything but his property, and he would rather see Guts dead then not own him.

You are missing the very obvious and outstanding narrative differences between the two fights and Griffith means to obtain what he desire in each of them, precisely. In the first fight Griffith is blatantly confident that he can beat Guts without killing him and easily defeat him to force him to join the Band. This is literally what their whole conversation is about and why Griffith spared Guts in the first place

No Caption Provided

And if this was not evident enough for you what about actually paying attention to the fight itself in which Griffith literally stomps Guts while playing around with him. He block and counter with no efforts all his attacks during the first part and then proceed to literally blitz his guard and wounds him , with again no effort. The fight could have ended right there if Griffith so wanted. Something which Guts himself noted

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If this is still not obvious for you Griffith literally said after injuring him that he do not wish to fight him in his wounded condition, he is not sweating or showing any signs of struggle or seriousness. I am not sure how you not grasp such obvious and clean narrative messages and intent

No Caption Provided

Griffith isn't someone who would half-ass anything, and specially not when he met Guts, and instantly fell madly in love with him. It goes so much against the entire story of Berserk to say that Griffith was holding back in their first fight. He's an obsessive psychopath, and demanded Guts be his property. Griffith was obsessed with Guts ever since he saw him fight off his own men with ease.

I have provided facts, you provided nothing but a bad interpretation of the narrative. Griffith is an obsessive psycho yes, but he is also a 200 IQ genius and combat prodigy who have a perfect grasp of his talents and prowess. He wanted Guts in his band and he wanted him as a follower, saying he is not holding back when he already did and can stomps him any time is pure lunacy. He knew he was far far better than Guts at this point which is why he knew he could beat him without killing him. He is literally TOYING with him by cutting and piercing him time and time again with Guts being not capable to parry even a single strike from him. All of this with a smile om his face.

No Caption Provided

The whole duel is about Guts being totally powerless and not being capable to react to a SINGLE attack from Griffith while the later counter and evade everything he does in swordplay without breaking a sweat and comment various time on how Guts is hopelessly outmatched and should give up.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile the duel in departure take place after 3 full years of Guts fighting stronger and stronger foes while getting each time more of a beast in every aspect. The narrative literally explain via the voice of judeau how Guts is actually with massive chances to beat Griffith unlike the last time in which he had no chance. The narrative even explain to us that Griffith is dead serious unlike last time due to Guts being a genuine challenge for him

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Something that Griffith confirm himself by saying he cannot hold back and must go all out immediately

Does this really look like Griffith was holding back?

Ah yes, using the moment in which Griffith literally sparred Guts from a death-blow like twenty times and then finally got surprised by Guts insanity and relentlessness as evidence. Despite the fact that Griffith literally seconds after that submit him in close combat and ask him once agan to give up. Flawless logic.

He absolutely does. Guts' reaction times and reflexes are way better then Geralt's. I don't think this is even a contest.

No feats, no scan ? Ok. Guts in Golden Age have zero feats better than fighting a casually FTE vampire with multiple abilities and regen who create sonic booms.

Yet no one is going to claim Moon Knight could possibly beat Guts.

Moon Knight is a character with like dozens of differents authors who have god know how many versions and references and who have more than 50 years of existence. Consistency matter. Depending on which feats of Moon Knight you use with no regards for consistency, you could argue him to be Captain America tier up to Spider-Man. So your argument does not mean anything. And I am pretty sure consistent Moon Knight is considered to be above Guts in the Golden Age given that he is considered by many experts on the character to be a bullet timer with various supersonic reaction showings and massively superhuman speed. Nonsense argument.

And the showing you pushed forward for Moon Knight would for sure allows him to outstrip Golden AgeGuts in speed and beat his ass by a margin if this is consistent.

Ash was able to kill Eligos, who is way faster then Detlaff. Eligos can move so fast, that he completely disappears from sight, for extended periods of time.Being completely invisible in a small room from movement speed is much faster then Detlaff doing a short burst of speed, and yet no one would claim Ash stands a chance against Guts.

I am talking about Golden Age Guts, not a stronger version of Guts. And no, what you showed is not better than Dettlaff consistently doing various sonic booms and moving FTE from a witcher perspective who is a very high-arrow timer in the games BEFORE his mutation in blood and wine. Dettlaff not staying FTE longer than Eligos does not make him slower than Eligos, this is what we call a speed burst. The scene you also showed is questionable in perspective given that it is in slow motion.

Also, the validity of a FTE speed depends on to who the character is FTE in the first place. Being FTE to Geralt who scale above characters who fuck up random arrow-timers is not the same thing as being FTE to your standard peak-human. But I do not know the show to talk in details about it.

I just went through why I'm not convinced Detlaff's short burst of travel speed is all that big of a deal, specially when it wasn't even Geralt who did it, but Guts does have FTE combat speed in Golden Age, way faster then both Geralt and Detlaff's combined:

Fighting with his weapons at massive blur speed is not better than being FTE to a witcher who scale massively above random arrows timer BEFORE his mutations in blood and wine. Nor is it better than a guy who is supersonic casually in his base form. Not to mention what you are talking about is combat speed, or rather weapon-swinging speed,not reactions. Dettlaff by logic when he transforms in his stronger form is like supersonic +. Coincidentally a stronger version of Guts literally was not able to see the first supersonic character he fought. He was only able to barely notice the charge and brace himself

No Caption Provided

Guts was pushed at his very limits to beat the first legit supersonic character he fought and this was a version of himself MUCH stronger and faster than GA Guts, something Guts confirmed himself when doing the comparative with Zodd. What makes you think he would beat Dettlaff who is faster than Rosine, much more versatile , a massively better fighter and as strong as some mid-tier Apostle by feats.

either Detlaff or Geralt have any speed feats even remotely close to this. Not only was this FTE combat, but it was so fast, that the army around them couldn't even approach because of the wind being generated by their sword swings. That's way beyond Geralt's abilities.

Swinging your swords FTE does not matter much if you cannot that much react to said speed blitz. Also, Geralt does have various FTE combat feats in the novels in which he is massively weaker than his games counterpart. Albeit clearly not as impressive as the feat you brought up for Golden Age Guts, but still this is something to note and relevant as I will explain.

In literally the first book Geralt kills 3 randoms so quickly than no one see nothing but Geralt pulling his sword out to fight before noticing all of them as corpses on the floor

No Caption Provided

Geralt sword is confirmed to be too fast for the eye to properly see

No Caption Provided

He moves so fast that he form a blur and massacre people left and right moving at superhuman speed

No Caption Provided

And keep in mind this is Geralt either in the books (when he is much much weaker) or pre-mutations in Blood and Wine. In blood and wine the writers made clear than even in combat speed both Regis and Dettlaff are very very superhuman they exchange a serie of blows at massively FTE speed and you only see the sparks of their blows from Geralt perspective

Loading Video...

Even shorts burts and movements leave sonic booms. Golden Age Guts is not dealing with that.

Even if Guts have a superior combat speed due to his sword-swinging speed, Geralt have other means to fight a faster foe in combat when he have the reflexes, acrobatics, and reactions advantage. For example he can literally burn Guts face and then cut his head off. Geralt can casually vaporize the legs of a superhuman-strong and durable werewolf with his Igni

No Caption Provided

He can one shot and blast away predators with a single blast

No Caption Provided

Definitely not happening, when Guts' combat speed is so much faster. Specially since is weapon has so much range too. If Geralt tried to get a sword swing in on Guts, he'd be cut in half before he could react.

Geralt fought and reacted against a supersonic+ foe who would blitz the helll out of this version of Guts,no matter if Guts is faster in combat and it is even debatable by which degree Guts is faster given the various statements and feats of Geralt being a blur or having his sword FTE or cutting various opponents down before anyone understand anything. So in the case of Guts having such massive advantage Geralt would just jump out of the way and keep his distance with signs or is acrobatics. Geralt have much better blur feats and movement speed than this version of Guts who have only a advantage in combat speed. His reactions and reflexes are way way better.

Keep in mind that many of Geralt blur and FTE feats are from the novels in which he is between peak-human and low- superhuman, essentially much more grounded. In the games he is faster stronger and with additional mutations. He is obviously limited by gameplay. Guts being faster when swinging his sword is not an auto win when Geralt can get out of the way before getting cut down. Higher vampires spam bullrushes and teleportation in combat, they leave many sonic booms and clear signs of massive speed, if Geralt can react to this he is not getting overwhelmed by Guts unless he is idiot enough to get into a direct swordfight with him blow to blow.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tparks  Online

@herculean: NGL, that’s a pretty terrible comment.

You just hand waved half the stuff I said, and even ignored parts of my comment about Griffith, like about him avoiding his heart before the actual fight.

You also just hand waved MK and Eligos like it’s nothing, but then are still wanking Detlaff like he’s somehow more special. I mean… you seriously are going to tell me Detlaff is faster than Eligos, who is moving so fast he’s invisible for extended periods of time? That’s just objectively wrong.

Then saying someone swinging a sword fast enough at stated FTE speeds so fast that it causes winds that don’t let an army approach as just a mere “blur”, when literally every action based prose novel describes combat as a blur. That’s nothing special. Actual extended fights at FTE speed are much more impressive then a few quick sword swings, and definitely more when it’s causing wind that doesn’t let an army approach. You can’t be serious if you’re actually comparing those prose feats that are typical of prose in any action novel to what Guts did.

That’s pretty weak. Just take the “L” if you’re just going to hand wave.

You also were clearly replying to parts of my comment before even reading the whole thing, since you said I posted “no feats” of his speed, and then when you actually got to the speed feat, you just hand waved it as merely a blur.

Come on, dude…

There’s no point in a debate if you do this, specially when you start quoting and replying before even finishing reading my entire comment.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Herculean

@tparks:

You just hand waved half the stuff I said, and even ignored parts of my comment about Griffith, like about him avoiding his heart before the actual fight.

I hand waved nothing my man. I explained to you point by point why Griffith going all out against Guts in the fight you used as reference is not only false but literally something obvious for anyone who actually read said manga. I literally brought up various examples and comparatives from statements, feats and the narrative explaining as to why Griffith was totally and massively holding back in the fight you are talking about. And if you failed to notice the obvious ( again) I did not ignored your comment about the heart part I simply engaged in the response BEFORE you edited you post to change stuff and put other arguments. The fault does not lie with me, when you post something I am not responsable for you editing it after to push forward new stuff.

In either case what you added in your edit was debunked and explained in details as demonstrably false with my analysis of said fights.

You also just hand waved MK and Eligos like it’s nothing, but then are still wanking Detlaff like he’s somehow more special.

What ? Have you no decency to push such bold and ridiculous claims ? I literally explained in details while providing arguments as to why your references for MK and Eligos are freakin nonsense and do not support your argument in any shape or form. You are just trying to save face friend.

Then saying someone swinging a sword fast enough at stated FTE speeds so fast that it causes winds that don’t let an army approach as just a mere “blur”.

The definiton of FTE is something you cannot see. The soldiers did not see clearly the blades but they clearly saw the swings-effects created by it. But fair, if you want I can change this to the weapons being FTE, no problems since they did not saw the weapons per see but their effects. It changes nothing literally nothing for my point. And the fact that you try to get away from actually answering my counters with Ad Ridiculum and nitpicking shows really how few arguments you can really support.

That’s pretty weak. Just take the “L” if you’re just going to hand wave.

You should read this, because if you are serious I am concerned for you. If not you are just a man who lack honesty to admit a debating beatdown.

https://www.healthline.com/health/projection-psychology#:~:text=According%20to%20Karen%20R.,their%20partner%20is%20being%20unfaithful.

No Caption Provided

You also were clearly replying to parts of my comment before even reading the whole thing, since you said I posted “no feats” of his speed, and then when you actually got to the speed feat, you just hand waved it as merely a blur.

Please, spare me this farce. At least try to form a coherent counter-argument if you want to lie. The feat you posted for Guts as you said yourself are COMBAT SPEED FEATS

In the part that I claimed you posted no feats this is what we were talking about and I am quoting your own words here

Do you really want to continue with the lies ?

There’s no point in a debate if you do this, specially when you start quoting and replying before even finishing reading my entire comment.

Yeah, yeah. Try to debate with honesty or get lost.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Herculean

Stop editing your messages to add new stuff and then cry that I did not adressed them. But I will adress what you just edited

I mean… you seriously are going to tell me Detlaff is faster than Eligos, who is moving so fast he’s invisible for extended periods of time? That’s just objectively wrong.

I literally explained this to you in a way that anyone with a functionning sense of analysis can understand. Eligos moving so fast that is FTE for a so-call extended period of time does not make him faster than Dettlaff when Dettlaff is using BURST he is using burst to attack and move, he is not moving around with FTE speed for a long time. You are not making sense, what you are saying basically is that if a character is FTE for 7 seconds during a fight he is faster than the guy who is FTE for 1 second in the same fight but who clearly demonstrate supersonic booms unlike the other. God, you are not making any sense.

I will even give you the definiton of speed-burst

A sudden marked burst or increase of activity or speed. spurt. rush. sprint.

All that matters is how much we can actually prove how fast he was in the said FTE instance. Someone being FTE for 1 second during a fight via a short burst but who can be proved to be hypersonic during the said instance will be much faster than a guy who is FTE for 10 seconds who is only FTE to random humans. I should not have to explain such common sense.

, when literally every action based prose novel describes combat as a blur. That’s nothing special

First of all proof, secondly good thing I actually gave you GAMES FEATS AND STATEMENTS to support the point. Good job ignoring the vampire combat speed argument, as for the rest of your nonsense

Actual extended fights at FTE speed are much more impressive then a few quick sword swings, and definitely more when it’s causing wind that doesn’t let an army approach. You can’t be serious if you’re actually comparing those prose feats that are typical of prose in any action novel to what Guts did.

I literally explained to you that Geralt fighting and reacting to a guy who is supersonic and who have actually demonstrable supersonic feats in a form in which he is not even at his strongest, means that Geralt can react and get out of the way of Guts sword range and superior combat speed even if Golden Age Guts is faster in combat. You are really doing some serious mental gymnastics if you think that ignoring my points and twisting my words and literally editing your posts after I already adressed them to try to fool me is something making you winning the debate.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tparks  Online

@herculean: Dude, you’re acting like I edited my messages and added new stuff after you replied or something. There was an hour between my edits for spelling and your replies.

This is also pointless if you actually believe that a guy who can do a short burst of travel speed is actually more deadly than someone who is faster in combat speed.

That’s like saying Usain Bolt would beat Mike Tyson in a boxing match.

And seriously, comparing me to a cheating spouse just because I called you out on a bad argument? Grow up. Don’t take this stuff so personal. We’re talking about fanfic battles here.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Belando

@herculean: @tparks: Be nice to each other <3

Griffith didn't hold back against Guts in their showdown. Not only goes Griffith state this with an internal monologue, but it's also narratively built up until that point, that the thing Griffith cares about the most is his goals. At that moment, he was going to kill Guts if he left. Guts, however, had honed his battle-skills the entire time. This is also built up narratively.

But back to the thread itself.

I think Geralt wins the first two relatively easily and would find a challenge in the third round due to Guts' technique and combat ability at that point, seriously struggling in round 4 as I would be amazed if Geralt could block dragonslayer without breaking his weapons, and losing round 5, as the armor is too much.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Why even try to argue with Witcher fans that follow Eredin arguments of exaggeration and few outliers as gospel? You cant win against ignorance.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tparks  Online

: @belando:

No Caption Provided

@sirfizzwhizz: Ya, but Herculean seems alright. I’ve seen some other posts from him, and he seems at least somewhat reasonable usually. I just miss the days where we could call each other out on BS, and not have it taken so damn personal. There used to be an actual community, where we could call each other stupid, and laugh about it after. I expected him to come back at me hard, which would be awesome, but not have him compare me to a cheating spouse. Lol

I do think it’s kind of disingenuous to say Detlaff using a burst of speed is all that big of a deal for a street level character. That type of thing is so common across fiction, and street levelers deal with it a lot. I could have posted more examples from Black Widow, Wolverine, Punisher, Batman, etc…, but wanted to use just MK and Ash, since I know those characters so well, and thought anything more would be redundant, since those two don’t hold a candle to Guts.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@tparks:

I do think it’s kind of disingenuous to say Detlaff using a burst of speed is all that big of a deal for a street level character. That type of thing is so common across fiction, and street levelers deal with it a lot.

Anyone can use " burst of speed", what is notable is that he was moving so fast that he was making sonic booms, I cannot recall any street tier doing that, at all, let alone a lot

I could have posted more examples from Black Widow, Wolverine, Punisher, Batman, etc…,

Could you show us just one example of Batman, Window, Punisher and likes making mach cones? Of course you cannot, because they never did that

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eredin12  Online

Anyway, Idea that Golden Age Guts is faster and stronger than Geralt is nonsense. FTE stuff is something that even child Ciri has, not only is Geralt confirmed to be 10 times faster then any human but when Ciri fought elite Elven Wariors she was pretty much statue to them, and yet Letho, Witcher on same level as Geralt was blitzing and massacring those same elven warriors. Then you also have all lightning timing feats Geralt has. Here for example, when attacked by Mage who was able to keep up with Yen, confirmed lightning timer, he is able to dodge her lighting spell at point blank and blitz her:

No Caption Provided

Strength wise, not only was he clashing with Dettlaff, but he was able to stop charge of this monster as well:

No Caption Provided
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@eredin12 said:

@tparks:

I do think it’s kind of disingenuous to say Detlaff using a burst of speed is all that big of a deal for a street level character. That type of thing is so common across fiction, and street levelers deal with it a lot.

Anyone can use " burst of speed", what is notable is that he was moving so fast that he was making sonic booms, I cannot recall any street tier doing that, at all, let alone a lot

I could have posted more examples from Black Widow, Wolverine, Punisher, Batman, etc…,

Could you show us just one example of Batman, Window, Punisher and likes making just single mach cone? Of course you cannot, because they never did that

Can you show me Geralt making mach cones. I can show Ultimate Wolverine responding to Ultimate quicksilver blitz attempts and stated super speed reactions.

Quicksilver speed reaction is pretty tried and true too by feats. Quicksilver reacts to a bullet at close range already fired, and left the barrel. catching the bullet while KOing the soldier at the same time. Wakes up and in the next panel the world is still to him. Reacts to a rocket bullet fired at Scarlet Witch after it been fired.

Quicksilver has feats of running from Washington DC to middle of Europe and back in the time frame of a eye blink. Quicksilver is shown able to react to lightning bolts from Thor. Quicksilver is so fast to destroy on the molecular level Hurricane who moves Mach 10 no issues with speed alone.

No Caption Provided

Ultimate Quicksilver is stated in bio to have reaction time equal to his speed.

AND YET!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolverine has reacted to a blitzing Pietro before attempting to catch Cyclopes, and tagged him before he could react after chatting with him. Wolverine again was able to surprise Pietro with a ambush and tag him again before Quicksilver could react. Even though we seen Quicksilver show reactions to bullets well after they are fired, stated to see the world in slow motion at ALL TIMES, and travel at triple to quadruple mach speeds.

We all know Wolverine is not even near hypersonic speeds or lightning. So I ask again where is Geralts MACH CONES and such indications of speed? Its all scaling to Detlaff speed bursts it seems. Can you show me Witcher making after images in speed? How about Witcher running across the country in minuets? I mean why does he even need a horse for races right?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@sirfizzwhizz:

Can you show me Geralt making mach cones. I can show Ultimate Wolverine responding to Ultimate quicksilver blitz attempts and stated super speed reactions.

Fizz, first of all, I do not care about Ultimate Wolverine and Ultimate Quicksilver . I was specifically asking about characters that I mentioned, since that is what Tparks mentioned, implying that something likes of Window, Batman or Punisher have done in any way compares to Dettlaff speed wise, which is of course not true .

Geralt himself did not make match cones, but he did match someone who did, meaning he scales to him. And he also has other feats that are consistent with that

We all know Wolverine is not even near hypersonic speeds or lightning.

Yea speedsters job all the time. Batman tagged Reverse Flash. That has nothing to do with my point though, because I did not use such PIS. I use Geralt beating higher vampires, which he has consistently done and intended to be able to do, with high effort yes, but he is able to do so.

So I ask again where is Geralts MACH CONES and such indications of speed? Its all scaling to Detlaff speed bursts it seems. Can you show me Witcher making after images in speed? How about Witcher running across the country in minuets? I mean why does he even need a horse for races right?

He uses horse for same reason Metal Gear Raiden uses bike, you save stamina. As for after images/FTE stuff, that is something child Ciri has done , which is at least massively subsonic feat :

They wanted to slaughter each other, that was clear to see. She to murder him and he her. They flew at each other, came together for a split second and there was a mighty clash of swords. They exchanged mebbes two, mebbes three blows each. There ain't a man who could of counted it, by sight or by hearing. So swiftly did they strike, m'lord, that not a man's eye nor ear could have grasped it.

The Tower of the Swallow

Here you can see that Elven warriors are so much faster than her that that it seemed that it would " take ages for her sword to be drawn" while Elven warriors were moving as blurs and whirlwinds at the same time:

Ciri was left alone.

She reached for her sword. The blade which throught her training had leaped out from her back in a flash would not let itself be drawn for anything; it resisted her, stuck in its scabbard as if glued in tar. Amongst the whirl seething around her, amongst the moves so swift that they blurred in front of her eyes, her sword seemed strangely, unnaturally slow; it seems ages would pass before it could be fully drawn.

Letho blitzed those same elite Elven units. Here's also confirmation about witchers being ten times faster than normal humans:

You'll say that a witcher is never unarmed? That he's a mutant well-versed in every form of combat, twice as strong as a normal fellow and ten times as fast? Who can fell three armed thugs with a cooper's oaken stave in no time? That to cap it all, he can work magic using Signs, which are no mean weapon? True.

Season of Storms

And here's Geralt fighting two witchers at once and beating them:

Loading Video...

This would put him in hypersonic range rather comfortably, that is why him being able to fight with Dettlaff is not PIS, like Logan fighting Quicksilver would be.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tparks  Online

@eredin12: Never said those characters have bursts of speed that fast, but they have feats of fighting against characters that fast, but no one is claiming those characters are faster then their own feats because of it, but that’s what’s happening with Geralt.

Also acting like Guts was merely FTE, and that’s it, when the wind generated from his sword swings was strong enough to not let an army approach is disingenuous. Basically every street leveler has been called FTE at some point, specially in prose novels, but they aren’t creating wind from their fights that don’t let an army approach.

A burst of speed is not that special in street level fights. It’s a great feat, but it’s wanking to act like that makes Geralt faster, when he wasn’t even the one moving like that, and even if he was, it would still just be a short burst of travel speed, which is great, but not nearly as deadly as combat speed.

Also, Widow’s cup feat is more impressive then Detlaff’s short burst of speed.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eredin12  Online
@tparks said:

@eredin12: Never said those characters have bursts of speed that fast, but they have feats of fighting against characters that fast, but no one is claiming those characters are faster then their own feats because of it, but that’s what’s happening with Geralt.

Also acting like Guts was merely FTE, and that’s it, when the wind generated from his sword swings was strong enough to not let an army approach is disingenuous.

A burst of speed is not that special in street level fights. It’s a great feat, but it’s wanking to act like that makes Geralt faster, when he wasn’t even the one moving like that.

It is not though. I, the_wspanialy and many others have been posting speed feats Geralt himself has which are on same level. Also, let us be fair, those characters reacting to Flash or Quicksilver and such relativistic/FTL characters is nothing but PIS. That is why nobody uses that. While Geralt matching Dettlaff is consistent with his own feats as well as with fact that he has beaten several Higher Vampires in Witcher 3. Higher Vampires are intended to be something that tests him to his limits, but something he can defeat in the end.

I agree that Guts is not just FTE, but neither is Geralt. as I said, even child Ciri is FTE, and she is nothing to Geralt speed wise

" Burst of speed" is , again, meaningless term. Both Flash and Daredevil can use " burst of speed". But there is levels to speed. Dettlaff simply moves much faster than those street tiers. And Geralt fast enough to keep up with him, which is extremely good feat, that, along with his other feats, makes him much faster than street tiers like Batman, Cap and so fort. Geralt himself has blitzed Mage that could keep up with Yen, confirmed lightning timer:

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tparks  Online

@eredin12: Timing lightning is something street levelers do all the time.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eredin12  Online
@tparks said:

@eredin12: Timing lightning is something street levelers do all the time.

I mean, even if that was true, Geralt blitzed someone who can do that. She used surprise to attack him ( see her hand glowing behind her back ) with her red lightning, and he dodged it at point blank and then crossed 5 meter distance between them and grabbed her before she could even react.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tparks  Online

@eredin12: It’s undeniably true, and that feats is definitely nothing special at all.

He needed to move as she pointed her hand at him, unless you’re suggesting Geralt’s reflexes are so slow that he didn’t see her hand move before the lightning shot, but that would just make that feat seem like Geralt is fast, but has terrible reflexes, which is untrue.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eredin12  Online
@tparks said:

@eredin12: It’s undeniably true, and that feats is definitely nothing special at all.

He needed to move as she pointed her hand at him, unless you’re suggesting Geralt’s reflexes are so slow that he didn’t see her hand move before the lightning shot, but that would just make that feat seem like Geralt is fast, but has terrible reflexes, which is untrue.

He did see it, but he was caught by surprise, which is why we see that he did not move until lightning was already fired and very near him:

No Caption Provided

I hope this image helps you see it clear enough, I tried to zoom it as much as I could.

Also, I did not see that you edited this:

it would still just be a short burst of travel speed, which is great, but not nearly as deadly as combat speed.

Also, Widow’s cup feat is more impressive then Detlaff’s short burst of speed.

It is not travel speed when he uses it in combat to blitz while moving his entire body that fast. Window does not have any feat that is even 1/100th as good as that, much less her being faster than Dettlaff lol. This is also not short burst, it is speed at which he fights. Reason it might seem short in gif posted is because him crossing that distance and killing that guard indeed took short time, and as soon as he killed that guard, he stopped moving that fast, as his job was done.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tparks  Online

@eredin12: I saw it the first time, but you’re viewing that image like it’s a literal snapshot. Comic art is designed to convey motion.

But if that is how you want to look at it, then his reflexes were slower then her hand moving.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@tparks said:

Thats because Eredin is dishonest and hypocritical in every debate. He will make a claim, then when you show something similar and throw it back in his face, he will backtrack or handwave it away.

Eredin: Geralt fights a fast guy who is so fast! Show me your character doing that.

Tparks: I can show Guts fighting at super speed with FTE blade swings like Geralt..

Eredin: not good enough, show me Guts making a Mach Cone in speed.

Sirfizzwhizz Enters Chat: I can show tons of character fighting quantifiable hypersonic speedsters and never making mach cones themselves. Also show me Geralt making mach cones since you want proof Guts directly doing it now.

Eredin:........... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, its not the same, whine whine whine....

Tparks and Sirfizzwhizz: 'cue eye rolls'

Typical.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eredin12  Online
@tparks said:

@eredin12: I saw it the first time, but you’re viewing that image like it’s a literal snapshot. Comic art is designed to convey motion.

But if that is how you want to look at it, then his reflexes were slower then her hand moving.

Because it is, we see lightning being fired and coming at him before he moves. To suggest that he moved before hand, despite panel showing otherwise would not only be arguing on no evidence, but arguing against shown evidence, which would pretty much erase any bullet timing feats.

She herself is very fast character and she caught him by surprise. It is common for much faster characters to be caught by surprise in such ways when they are not expecting attack. But we saw how fast his reflexes are after that, when he dodged her lightning at point blank range.

Also idea that Black Window is faster that Dettlaff is an obvious nonsense. Not sure why you edited that in.

@sirfizzwhizz:

Thats because Eredin is dishonest and hypocritical in every debate. He will make a claim, then when you show something similar and throw it back in his face, he will backtrack or handwave it away. Typical.

You are projecting Fizz. You are literally hypocrisy personified in one person lol. You seem to have problem with Geralt scaling to characters he consistently beats, but you scale Thragg to Invincible speed or strength feats in every thread, despite him himself having never shown those feats. It seems that scaling is very much fine when it is about verses that you like, but it does not not count for verses you do not like. That is very weak way of debating honestly

I am also not sure how Wolverine fighting Quicksilver, obvious PIS, is similar to Geralt fighting Higher Vampires, enemies on same level as him

Tparks: I can show Guts fighting at super speed with FTE blade swings like Geralt..

You mean like Ciri? Because Ciri fights at super speed, with FTE swings. She is much slower than Geralt. I also do not doubt that Guts is more than just FTE as well. My point was just to show speed feats Geralt has

Eredin: not good enough, show me Guts making a Mach Cone in speed.

Sirfizzwhizz Enters Chat: I can show tons of character fighting quantifiable hypersonic speedsters and never making mach cones themselves. Also show me Geralt making mach cones since you want proof Guts directly doing it now.

Eredin:........... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, its not the same, whine whine whine....

Tparks and Sirfizzwhizz: 'cue eye rolls'

At no point did I ask for scans of Guts making Mach cones. If you are going to try to make fun of something, at leas tread it lol. I made fun of Batman and Window doing that. To counter that, you brought literal PIS of Logan fighting speedster much faster than Dettlaff. While I was using consistent showings Geralt against higher vampires, which are intended to be something he can compete with. I also did not just ask for Mach cones, there are plenty of characters who never made them, but are still much faster than sound. Geralt himself has such feats as I mentioned. But Window and Batman do not, which was the point

So again, you are attacking strawman here, I am afraid

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tparks  Online

@eredin12: Most bullet timing feats people use are BS, so I’m fine with saying that. People on vs sites always try to ignore comic art as motion, and only look at it as literal snap shots.

But either way, I don’t think that feat is all that big of a deal for a street leveler. Either he was too slow to react to her hand but fast enough to dodge lightning, or he just reacted to her hand.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eredin12  Online
@tparks said:

@eredin12: Most bullet timing feats people use are BS, so I’m fine with saying that. People on vs sites always try to ignore comic art as motion, and only look at it as literal snap shots.

But either way, I don’t think that feat is all that big of a deal for a street leveler. Either he was too slow to react to her hand but fast enough to dodge lightning, or he just reacted to her hand.

We need evidence that snaps showing something are not literal. If we have it, then fine, but when we do not, like here, when nothing suggests that, then we have no choice but to go with wha twe see

No street tier has feats on this level, other than Spidey. Feel free to show otherwise though, and I would gladly concede . He was caught of guard, and, even more importantlly , he also did not feel need to react to her hand, given that he himself knows that he can react to her lightning as well, since he has reacted to it before many times.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@tparks said:

Funny enough, by Eredin logic, Guts is a lightning timer too.

No Caption Provided

And...

No Caption Provided

So Guts is a lightning timer as much as Geralt. Oooooh snap.

@eredin12 said:

I am also not sure how Wolverine fighting Quicksilver, obvious PIS, is similar to Geralt fighting Higher Vampires, enemies on same level as him

Geralt beats one Higher Vamp and its not PIS? Wolverine pulls his feats off, TWICE, and its PIS. Ok mate, keep lying and being dishonest. Im just debating the same way you do. Dont like looking in the mirror just now? Dont blame ya. Its how us honest debaters feel debating with you.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tparks  Online

@eredin12: You have a choice, you’re just choosing to ignore comic art, and taking whatever makes it seem like it’s faster, and in this case, either way you look at it, is not as fast as you’re making it seem anyways, so I don’t see the point of beating this dead horse.

And if you think that’s something beyond street level, then just go read any comic. I don’t think you would require a list of feats to have seen every street leveler dodge lightning, lasers, etc.. at some point, many of them without getting to look directly at the person firing it at them like Geralt was. That’s just basic feats that most people don’t even bother mentioning, since it happens in such abundance.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@eredin12: You have a choice, you’re just choosing to ignore comic art, and taking whatever makes it seem like it’s faster, and in this case, either way you look at it, is not as fast as you’re making it seem anyways, so I don’t see the point of beating this dead horse.

And if you think that’s something beyond street level, then just go read any comic. I don’t think you would require a list of feats to have seen every street leveler dodge lightning, lasers, etc.. at some point, many of them without getting to look directly at the person firing it at them like Geralt was. That’s just basic feats that most people don’t even bother mentioning, since it happens in such abundance.

No Caption Provided

Tparks finishing the argument like a boss.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tparks  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: There’s actually more justification for Guts being a lightning timer, since Ganishka was covering the battlefield in lightning, and Guts was having to dodge or tank it constantly.

I’m not going to claim Guts is as fast as lightning because of it though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tparks  Online
Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: In armor, and again, I am not doubting his speed lol. Read my comments here for love of God before commenting on them. I was debunking idea of Batman , Punisher and Window having feats on level of Dettlaff and Geralt.

Geralt beats one Higher Vamp and its not PIS? Wolverine pulls his feats off, TWICE, and its PIS. Ok mate, keep lying and being dishonest. Im just debating the same way you do. Dont like looking in the mirror just now? Dont blame ya. Its how us honest debaters feel debating with you.

First of all, he beat several, not just one. Let us see how many times did he do it. This is 1 example

Loading Video...

Second one, who is also confirmed by guidebook to be higher vampire

Loading Video...

And of course, there is Dettlaff. That is 3 examples, not one. And no, you are not debating anything like me. If you did, you would know that QS is tiers above Dettlaff, street tiers reacting to him is of course clear PIS, but Derttlaff and Geralt are intended to be on same level

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@tparks:

@eredin12: You have a choice, you’re just choosing to ignore comic art

But you are one doing that, not me. After all, comic art clearls shows him dodging lightning after it was fired and very near him. It is you who argues that we should ignore panel/ art over your own theory that is backed by nothing that we can actually verify

, and in this case, either way you look at it, is not as fast as you’re making it seem anyways, so I don’t see the point of beating this dead horse.

How am I making it seem like what though? My point was just that he dodged lightning after it was fired and blitzed her after that, both of which clearly happened

Okay, if that was the the case, then could you please just show me Batman, Frank, Cap or Window dodging lightning after it was fired at point blank and blitzing other lightning timers. Surely if there are many examples of that, you can show at least one.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@eredin12: You posted Vampire's who are inferior to legit Higher Vampires like Detlaff, and shown no super speed, and pawn them as same as Regis or Detlaff? Vampires that are killed by normal Vampire means unlike Detlaff or Regis who can only be killed by one specific shown way via another Higher Vampire? For shame...

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4olj80/question_regarding_higher_vampires_in_the_witcher/

https://youtu.be/E_ovP-N2ly4?t=375

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy10DLvvRnw&ab_channel=xLetalis

Lets see, your dishonesty still expose.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tparks  Online

@eredin12: Why do you want to die on this hill, for this feat? You seriously think Geralt dodging that is somehow better than every street level character in existence?

How much time do you have? I’m just going to comment on events I can think of off the top of my head, but if I wanted to just do a google search, I could fill this thread with examples of street levelers dodging lightning, lasers, etc.. from short range. It’s kind of incredible that you’re ignorant on this.

You’re even asking about Batman, the guy who dodged Omega Beams at what you’re calling “point blank range”, even though your earlier comment said it was 5 meters away, but that was because you thought including closing those 5 meters would make Geralt seem even faster, but now it’s point blank because shifting the goal posts again make it seem faster.

Batman’s also dodged Dr Light’s beams from 5 meters away.

Black Widow has dodged enough lasers that you shouldn’t need a specific feat.

The TMNT have dodged lasers from 5 meters away. Mike can spin his nunchucks fast enough to create a shield that deflects lasers, and all of them can deflect lasers with their weapons. Don has put his head in his shell as the blast travels overhead from close range, and with his time stop powers, he’s even stopped a laser blast in mid flight, from 5 meters away. They’ve all also dodged charged particle beams, which are just under the speed of light in canon, from about 5 meters away, and did it effortlessly, while exchanging banter with each other.

Punisher has dodged blasts from Electro at least twice, from about 5 meters away.

Wolverine has deflected Scott’s beams from close range.

Captain America has dodged lightning from multiple sources, and some from less than 5 meters away.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@sirfizzwhizz:

@eredin12: You posted Vampire's who are inferior to legit Higher Vampires like Detlaff,

Both are confirmed to be Higher Vampires. Idea that there is " legit" Higher Vampire, as opposed to " non legit Higher Vampire" is nonsense you expect on youtube comment sections, it is not canonical. In canon, there are lesser vampires, like Bruxa or Katakans, and Higher Vampires

and shown no super speed,and pawn them as same as Regis or Detlaff? Vampires that are killed by normal Vampire means unlike Detlaff or Regis who can only be killed by one specific shown way via another Higher Vampire? For shame...

Yea because unlike them he had much less appearances . Higher Vampire only being able to be killed by Higher Vampires is Wild Hunt retcon, it was not always the case, and I guess you can say that he did not kill them but just disabled them enough for them to take very long time to heal back

But honestly you never explained why Geralt fighting Dettlaff is PIS in the first place. Because Dettlaff made sonic booms? Geralt himself has feats that are above that. Only way to argue that this is PIS is to use your, very lowballed view of Geralt as subsonic, but that is contradicted by actual canon.

Lets see, your dishonesty still expose.

I have no idea why you think that reddit threads and youtube comments expose my "dishonesty", which is actually using actual canonical information that we have been given, but sure.

@tparks:

@eredin12: Why do you want to die on this hill, for this feat? You seriously think Geralt dodging that is somehow better than every street level character in existence?

Other than Spidey, yes. Not because I think you cannot find maybe one or two outliers for some of them in their 80 year history to argue that they are light speed or such nonsense, as people have tried. Because, unlike them, it is consistent for Geralt to react to lightning, he, despite having far less appearances then them, has done it over half dozen time, and unlike them, he does it after it is fired, he does not aim dodge it. He also blitzes lightning timers.

How much time do you have? I’m just going to comment on events I can think of off the top of my head, but if I wanted to just do a google search, I could fill this thread with examples of street levelers dodging lightning, lasers, etc.. from short range. It’s kind of incredible that you’re ignorant on this.

Well post just 2 feats for those characters. It should be enough. But keep in mind that I do know that those two will be aim dodging feats. What I want to see is them dodging after we see that they did not move until lightning was already fired, as we do with Geralt

You’re even asking about Batman, the guy who dodged Omega Beams at what you’re calling “point blank range”, even though your earlier comment said it was 5 meters away, but that was because you thought including closing those 5 meters would make Geralt seem even faster, but now it’s point blank because shifting the goal posts again make it seem faster.

Batman dodged Omega Beams in DCAU cartoon. Where they were pretty slow. It was not their speed that was good, but their ability to follow their target. There is no shifting goal post here. Mage who fired it at him was 5 meters, that is what I meant, but we can see that he himself did not start to move until lightning was point blank away from him, that is why I posted you zoomed in picture showing that

Batman’s also dodged Dr Light’s beams from 5 meters away.

Black Widow has dodged enough lasers that you shouldn’t need a specific feat.

I could bet my house on all of those being aim dodging, but let us see for sure. I am not an unresonable person, so there is no need to post many instances. Post me just 2 for Batman or Cap, or Window, that should be more than enough and let us see did they actually move after it was fired, like Geralt did. After it wa

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Herculean

@tparks:

Dude, you’re acting like I edited my messages and added new stuff after you replied or something. There was an hour between my edits for spelling and your replies.

I saw your post 13 minutes after you posted it. I started my reply then. At this very moment there was not a bunch of arguments you added after the said time of edit. Again, I am not at fault. Anyone edit stuff for spelling, but you did not do that. You added arguments a decent time before you posted, so stops.

This is also pointless if you actually believe that a guy who can do a short burst of travel speed is actually more deadly than someone who is faster in combat speed.

I literally said myself and admitted that I do believe that Guts FTE sword-swing feat against Boscogn is better than anything Geralt clearly did in combat speed. The point is that combat speed is not everything in a batlle and I explained to you why.

That’s like saying Usain Bolt would beat Mike Tyson in a boxing match.

I gave you a very specific examples of Black Swordsman Guts fighting a speedster monster (Rosine) who just like Dettlaff use burts of speed and getting his ass totally smacked around for the majority of the fight. Geralt fought a vampire at his strongest who just like Rosine break the sound barrier in his base form . I am not sure how your logic hold up here. My point is that Geralt can get away from Golden Age Guts superior combat speed and use signs and whatnot to get an advantage with his superior reflexes.

The best feat of of reaction speed Golden Age Guts have at this point is being ambiguously various times faster than crossbows.

And seriously, comparing me to a cheating spouse just because I called you out on a bad argument? Grow up. Don’t take this stuff so personal. We’re talking about fanfic battles here.

Yeah, whatever you say. But anyway no grudges from my part.

@sirfizzwhizz

Why even try to argue with Witcher fans that follow Eredin arguments of exaggeration and few outliers as gospel? You cant win against ignorance.

No Caption Provided

Go read this thread https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/letho-of-gulet-the-witcher-vs-general-boscogn-bers-2229095/

Does it seems to you that I agree with Eredin views on the setting ?

I literally disagree with EVERYTHING he say ,be it from Geralt durability, Geralt being as strong as MCU Spider-Man, Geralt being a lightning-timer due to some nonsense magical feats interpretations .

I view Geralt as supersonic in reactions, Eredin think he is a lightning-timer.

I view Geralt as Captain America strong (or a bit below) Eredin think he is comparable to Spider-Man.

Are we really going to do this ?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tparks  Online

@herculean: How is Guts reacting to crossbow bolts his only reaction feat, when we’ve been talking about him in a sword fight that was fast enough to create wind too strong for an army? Who cares about crossbow bolts when he is reacting to someone swinging something at him in melee combat at speeds way beyond a crossbow?

Nozak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what's the difference between Elder and Higher Vampire? cuz Geralt gets wrecked by Elder vampire

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tparks  Online

@eredin12: Why do you always use examples from Marvel and DC to prove points, when you have never read a comic? You’re not going to find many comic book readers who don’t know that Batman has dodged Omega Beams. It’s one of his most famous accolades. I’m amazed you don’t know that from just being on the battle forums. You thought it was just in a cartoon?

I’ve posted several examples, but you’re just proving your ignorance on these. You are claiming with such surety that Geralt is beyond any street leveler because he did something that basically every comic book street level character has done, but don’t actually know anything about them.

Now you’re asking for more examples. You just wanted one, I posted several, of which you handwaved to all of them. Why would I do more? Why should I have to supply the information about something that you have 100% surety in. If you already have this surety, you should already know this, but you’re not letting your ignorance get in the way of wanking this insignificant feat.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Belando

I understand what Eredin is talking about, and we argued about this probably more than two years ago, and I guess we agreed to disagree back then.

But just to share what I believe. I'm confident that if we ask the animators what the mist - fog - shockwaves are, they won't say sonic booms, but probably say it's part of the vampires phasing ability boosting their movements. The same thing they use when they travel, stealth, and otherwise dash around. When I looked into these instances, it looks like the same thing to me, with the grey fog being far more visible and lingering compared to actual shockwaves.

I guess that's just my interpretation though, and I won't say I'm in the right. Would be cool with some input from the crew behind the effects.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Eredin12  Online

@nozak said:

what's the difference between Elder and Higher Vampire? cuz Geralt gets wrecked by Elder vampire

Unseen Elder is much more powerful than Higher Vampires. He can freeze them with a word. Basically Geralt vs strong Higher Vampire like Dettlaff is very close fight, while both of them are fodders to Elder