User Lists: 0

bump

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

As a die-hard Witcher fanatic, I am very sad to say Full-Power Talion/Celebrimbor decimates. Geralt puts up a good fight but eventually loses. Talion has too much firepower. That being said, normal Talion vs Geralt = Geralt slaughterstomp.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reikai

You know, I don't think Talion has anything that Geralt hasn't already seen in some form or another. And I don't recall Talion ever facing a dragon. Granted the one Geralt fought wasn't the size of Smaug, but a dragon is still a dragon, and she was wrecking a castle.

As far as the Wraith, well there is the probability of Geralt killing it within Talion. I mean Geralt was able to harm and even kill the Riders of the Wild Hunt, whom were elves from another dimension that were effectively immortal and impervious to harm while in that realm during the Wild Hunt. Yet Geralt still managed to do them harm, which had been unprecedented.

I don't think an answer can be fully given until The Witcher 3 is released in Feb of 2015. Still, one must beware the White Wolf.

Loading Video...

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Legendary Weapon Abilities are too OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LkoPFrN-aE

Talion should win this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Feats for Geralt?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talion's main advantage is stealth, ranged attack, and maybe physicals (not by a lot). The tricky question is, when Talion's in wraith form, can Geralt's silver sword still do damage? Geralt's swordsmanship, on par or greater physicals (taking down Dragons, Kyrans, Griffins, etc), and magic help him out here. Setting traps with Yrden, giving himself a magical shield with Quen, keeping Talion at bay with Igni or doing blunt damage with Ard. Geralt for a slight majority imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Talion's stealth is a pretty decent wildcard, he can disappear for short periods of time (roughly 20 seconds) and continue fighting as if he put on the One Ring. As for ranged, he's a pretty insane marksman with a bow, and not only that but he can actually let loose fire arrows as well when he chooses. He can also teleport in combat and let loose powerful stunning blasts. As for physicals, he's actually a low level superhuman in terms of strength and speed partly due to the Wraith augmenting his physicals, and in terms of swordsmanship he's no slouch either. I'm not too well versed on Geralt though, I'd be happy to compare their feats if you want.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I would be happy to! Geralt can take potions to enhance his healing durability, strength, and senses. His standard gear consists of bombs, throwing knives, two large swords (one magical silver and the other just steel). He can use axes, daggers, and spears too but he mainly uses swords. Book wise he does not use arrows or anything of the like. Witcher 3 he's seen using a mini crossbow though. He was trained by Vesemir in the art of fencing and Vesemir is one of the oldest most experienced Witchers in their time.

He displays strength, skill, and tactics in this fight. Jumping dozens of feet from buildings without anything damage, toying with the cursed woman.

Loading Video...

He's able to block a crossbow bolts at close. There's a scene of it in Witcher 1 but I don't remember when it happens. (really can't remember a ton but I'll be replaying it)

Here he clears this rubble upon first relearning Aaard 28:10

Loading Video...

He goes on to defeat Savolla he's a pretty strong wizard. Note that Geralt still has amnesia and doesn't know all his spells or has perfected his swordsmanship. 6:28-8:22

Loading Video...

He's defeated the Kayran in Witcher 2

Loading Video...

Geralt is able to swing his sword so fast once he gains momentum that his sword looks like a blur. (Can't find good videos honestly)

Loading Video...

Defeats Saskia in her dragon form.

I will come up with more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable:

Geralt can take potions to enhance his healing durability, strength, and senses. His standard gear consists of bombs, throwing knives, two large swords (one magical silver and the other just steel).

Nice. Talion has superhuman strength, speed and agility due to the elven enhancements he receives from having an Elf-Wraith inside of him, along with enhanced senses. Celebrimbor also enhances Talion's swordsmanship and accuracy with his own skill.

His gear loadout consists of his sword and dagger, along with Celebrimbor's wraith bow and throwing daggers, and he has a bunch of wraith abilities as well. His weapons also have arcane runes on them but canonically speaking I don't know what that entails other than that they're magically enhanced like some of the others weapons in Tolkien-lore.

Book wise he does not use arrows or anything of the like. Witcher 3 he's seen using a mini crossbow though.

Hmm, I guess that gives Talion the ranged advantage then given how frequently he uses his bow, and how accurate he is. For reaction speed, he's been able to pull out his bow and let off a shot before a Caragor can finish leaping on him:

http://youtu.be/elN0yXN8I6E?t=28m47s

For accuracy, he hits hanging caragor bait from 152 feet away:

http://youtu.be/AibgIc2JDkc?t=6m54s

I'll post some impressive feats from his bow legend quests now, where the real accuracy feats are. I'll underline the most impressive parts.

Shadow Under Siege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzeqm_XO1QM

He waited beyond the iron walls, using anyone foolish enough to peer over the ramparts as target practice.

With his bow, Talion kills ten Uruks inside a fortress without even entering it himself. As per the description, he killed some of them by shooting the top of their heads as they peered over a wall, as if they were merely target practice, and as per the bonus objective, he kills five of them by shooting barrels and campfires to light them on fire.

There Is No Escape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAxf9ltuGFg

He watched as the creature chased down his enemies. He ensured they never reached the safety of their stronghold.

Five Uruks are running away from a Graug. Talion from a fair distance away shoots all five of them, preventing them from reaching their stronghold. He pins at least three of them in place by shooting an arrow into their ankles. Very quick and accurate shooting indeed.

And here's Celebrimbor showing some impressive accuracy with a double headshot, and some swordsmanship:

Loading Video...

He was trained by Vesemir in the art of fencing and Vesemir is one of the oldest most experienced Witchers in their time.

Not bad, but Talion and Celebrimbor's swordsmanship feats are pretty high-grade, especially when you factor in their teleporting. Same drill, I'll post some feats from his sword legend quests. Canonically Talion completes these quests primarily with his sword, since that's kind of the point of them - he's "forging the legend of his sword" by completing them, and he twirls his blade around at the beginning every time.

Arise

http://youtu.be/G5aMmMlyAPQ?t=57s

He was surrounded on all sides by an overwhelming force. Standing his ground, he faced down every foe until the will of his attackers was broken.

Talion is ambushed in a cave by over 40 Uruks, but despite being totally surrounded by them, he manages to hold his own by killing 40 of them, which scares away the rest of them.

Into the Pit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoJfrB7AIQQ

Trapped and cast into a pit by the Dark Lord, he was to be cut down to show that he was not immortal. He slew every enemy sent at him, including his captors.

Talion is thrown into a gladiator style pit/arena, and is left to fight a seemingly endless hoard of Uruks. After he kills fifty of them, however, the Uruks retreat.

They Shall Not Pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJnxzg5Dewg

Holding the bridge on his own, no enemy could cross. As the battle raged, bodies filled the span and tumbled into the darkness below.

Pretty simple. Talion guards a bridge against dozens upon dozens of Uruks, whilst preventing any Torchbearers from crossing. Judging by the lore description above, there were enough corpses by the end of it to fill the span of the bridge to the point they began falling off the edge.

To cap off, here's another flashback from Celebrimbor's past where he uses the One Ring against Sauron and his forces.

Loading Video...

He disappears and speedblitzes 10 Uruks in just five seconds, and casually launches one of them several feet through the air showing superhuman strength and speed. Then he teleports through Sauron and uses powerful blasts to down him.

Now I know these were performed with the One Ring, which Talion doesn't have, but the in-game lore notes that the Wraith inside Talion affords him the same powers one would get from wearing a Ring of Power. And abilities like teleporting (Shadow Strike), blasts (Wraith Stun/Blast) and disappearing (Shadow of Acharn) are all canonical abilities Talion has shown he can use, so this flashback kind of serves as a good visual representation of how he uses them. Here's the quote from the in-game lore:

Talion's swordsmanship, speed, resistance and training have all been augmented by the Wraith's presence within him as though he himself possessed the power of one of the great Rings.

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - Appendices

-

He's able to block a crossbow bolts at close. There's a scene of it in Witcher 1 but I don't remember when it happens. (really can't remember a ton but I'll be replaying it)

Ah, Talion can actually do this as well when he's about to be killed by an Uruk archer, he deflects their bolt with his sword. So they should be pretty even reaction-wise.

Here he clears this rubble upon first relearning Aaard 28:10

That's a nice power feat, I'm not sure if I remember Talion's Wraith Blast generating that kind of power but I'd need to check again.

He goes on to defeat Savolla he's a pretty strong wizard. Note that Geralt still has amnesia and doesn't know all his spells or has perfected his swordsmanship. 6:28-8:22

Ah, nice. Well, early on as well Talion has a similar feat, when he takes on and kills the Hammer of Sauron, one of Sauron's three head commanders. Guy is pretty beefy with some devastating AoE, and he had packs of Uruks backing him as well.

Loading Video...

He's defeated the Kayran in Witcher 2

Damn, that thing is huge. I think based on what I've heard Geralt is the more proven beast hunter, although Talion is no slouch. He's taken on and killed an especially fearsome Graug by himself:

Loading Video...

He leaps a massive distance over the thing to start with, further showing superhuman physicals, and then he kites it around the cave, making it run into walls and then leaping on top of it and dealing damage with his sword, lots of agility involved.

Geralt is able to swing his sword so fast once he gains momentum that his sword looks like a blur. (Can't find good videos honestly)

This sounds similar to Talion's flurry ability. We haven't seen it in a cutscene or anything but it basically involves Talion/Celebrimbor alternating between strikes for double speed. These guys have quite a lot in common..

Defeats Saskia in her dragon form.

Pretty impressive stuff on the beast hunting front. I mean, Talion has killed Caragors which can wreck Wargs (if you've seen the Hobbit/LotR films you'll know what I'm talking about) and take on groups of Uruks all by themselves. And he's taken down two Graugs with some help from Torvin, but he hasn't fought a dragon.

I will come up with more.

Alright, sweet. I think it's quite an even match due to how similar their powers and feats are.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poppin this as I've begun reading the Witcher books now, and the short comic. With how things are, I can't say Talion is comparable. Yeah, he can take out some wargs. But I mean, didn't Bilbo kill one? I mean, fricken Bilbo for cripes sake.

Talion's never encountered a dragon. Geralt has met two in his life that could speak and change form, the 2nd being Saskia whom he had to fight while she was under the control of a sorceress' spell. But aside from that, Geralt has taken on all manner of supernatural creatures from zombies to werewolves, leshey, striga, and several different varieties of vampire.

Early in the 1st book, "The Last Wish", he killed seven well trained professional swordsman and killers in mere moments with great ease. One of which was a half-elf. He's taken out assassins, sorcerers and even other Witchers.

I'll get into more specifics and give quotes as I read more. Still reading "The Last Wish", then I'll move onto "Blood of Elves" and from there "Time of Contempt". After that is "Baptism of Fire".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai:

Yeah, he can take out some wargs. But I mean, didn't Bilbo kill one? I mean, fricken Bilbo for cripes sake.

Sh*t like this is exactly why nobody takes your posts seriously when it comes to franchises like LotR and SW versus ones you like. You lowball whilst demonstrating how little you know.

Talion fights caragors, which eats wargs for breakfast. And yes, he's killed them, but you're acting as if this is his crowning achievement.

Talion's never encountered a dragon. Geralt has met two in his life

Good thing this isn't a dragon fighting competition.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talion.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By reikai

@i_like_swords:

Talion fights caragors, which eats wargs for breakfast. And yes, he's killed them, but you're acting as if this is his crowning achievement.

And from what I see, caragors are just slightly bigger, spiked wargs.

No Caption Provided

So...why should I be impressed by that? I'm not trying to downplay it, I'm just not impressed by it. I mean, Geralt has to deal with leshey in various forms. From humanoid to not-so-humanoid.

No Caption Provided

And those things're bigger and more dangerous than caragors. Especially since Leshey can use magic and control packs of wolves and flocks of crows. And a leshey in a forest is even more dangerous as a nature-aligned creature that draws power from totems it spreads around. The more totems it creates, the more power it has.

Then there are Bruxa, powerful and swift vampires, some of which can assume large batlike forms whose wails are a magical force that have broken even Geralt's defensive wards.

Good thing this isn't a dragon fighting competition.

Yeah. Talion would fail big time. Can't do this in Mordor.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai:

And from what I see, caragors are just slightly bigger, spiked wargs.

They're actually far superior to wargs. Small groups of them can kill a graug and a single caragor can decimate hoards of Uruks. Talion both kills and rides these things.

So...why should I be impressed by that? I'm not trying to downplay it, I'm just not impressed by it. I mean, Geralt has to deal with leshey in various forms. From humanoid to not-so-humanoid.

Don't bother being impressed by it. I'm not the one trying to say Geralt is equivalent to a Caragor so Talion can kill him (or in your case, the Talion/Dragon comparison). It's also, again, not the most impressive or relevant feat to bring up for why Talion would kill Geralt.

And those things're bigger and more dangerous than caragors. Especially since Leshey can use magic and control packs of wolves and flocks of crows. And a leshey in a forest is even more dangerous as a nature-aligned creature that draws power from totems it spreads around. The more totems it creates, the more power it has.

Then there are Bruxa, powerful and swift vampires, some of which can assume large batlike forms whose wails are a magical force that have broken even Geralt's defensive wards.

That's nice. So how good of a swordfighter are all of those creatures? Can they teleport? How fast is their combat speed? Do they have powerful AoE blasts? Are they accomplished archers? Can they disappear?

No?

Hopefully you're getting my meaning.

Yeah. Talion would fail big time. Can't do this in Mordor.

I mean, you basically do the same sh*t against Graugs, and again it doesn't really matter because not only are you lacking proof that Talion would "fail big time" in Geralts world, but it's also irrelevant if Geralt can fight a dragon. I want to hear about why he can fight Talion.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reikai

@i_like_swords:

They're actually far superior to wargs. Small groups of them can kill a graug and a single caragor can decimate hoards of Uruks. Talion both kills and rides these things.

Neither of which are anything to write home about either. A striga can rip through armor with its teeth and kill dozens of people. And they're created by people who've been cursed.

No Caption Provided

No?

Hopefully you're getting my meaning.

Did you forget the Sorcerers/Sorceresses, supernatural things and other Witchers who're all either very powerful with magic and/or master swordsman? Like Vilgefortz and Azar Javed. People who'd slaughter Talion. Geralt needed help from two other people to take on Vilgefortz, and with good reason. The guy shattered pillars with a staff reduced people to ash with spells, ripping through other sorcerers defenses with little effort.

I want to hear about why he can fight Talion.

You mean besides him being slightly super-human on a basic level and a master swordsman, and having magic on his own to use? And having a much broader character history, and having faced down bigger, tougher and more powerful enemies as part of his job description?

Geralt practices and hones his skills regularly when not killing monsters and bedding wenches. His senses are super-human and could tell when he was surrounded on the forest by a group of elven warriors, and could tell how many there were, as well as one of them being sick by his faint wheezing. Despite the fact that normal people could never have heard any of that.

He can see perfectly in near complete darkness. He can also channel the rage of the creature he's fighting and turn it back on itself in a mental attack. Which is different from his other ones. The Axii sign can be used to various effect, from mental attacks, to persuading others and even controlling minds to a degree. Geralt uses it to calm his horse, Roach, once in a while when its instincts tell it $hit is going down and it starts panicking.

Of course there is Aard, which is like Force Pushing an such. Igni, which is Pyrokinetic abilities, and Quen which is protective shields and barriers. There's also Yrden which is like Traps and binding abilities.

Geralt was also knocking crossbow bolts away midflight at close ranges. So arrows aren't even an issue. He also has a moderate healing factor. Nothing fancy. A normally fatal wound won't kill'im if he patches himself up quickly enough. And debilitating injuries that'd take months to heal for a normal person might take him only days or weeks. So nothing major, but still pretty good. And it can be amped, of course, using potions with his alchemy.

He's also the only person in the world to have ever injured, even killed, one of the Wild Huntsman, the Red Riders, who're elves from another realm/dimension, who couldn't he harmed while in this world. Yet Geralt had somehow managed to kill one of them, something that was entirely unprecedented. Something that led him to being MIA/Dead for 7yrs mysteriously before reappearing alive with no memory of what'd happened.

The final installment of the series will uncover all of Geralt's lost memories and uncover the truth behind the Wild Hunt.

Oh yeah, he's also immune to nearly all forms of poison due to his mutations, and the elixirs he carries with him that he can use to gain full control of his body and enhance his abilities, is pretty much toxic to anyone who isn't a Witcher and would kill them. Plus his medallion is enchanted and warns him of danger of the supernatural variety, whether it be akin to a striga, leshey, or some ghostly form. As well as curses and whatnot. Including seeing mystical energies imperceptible to anyone who hasn't studied the vocation or attuned enough to recognize it.

In other words he'd be fully aware that Talion is sharing space with a wraith.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By reikai

Startin to get quotes together. Here's one from "The Last Wish", without any elixirs.

The Witcher: The Last Wish pg138-140

Civril laughed nastily, ominously.

"Renfri said this would happen, witcher, and left us something special to give you. Right between the eyes."

The witcher kept walking, and the half-elf raised the crossbow to his cheek. It grew very quiet.

The bowstring hummed, the witcher's sword flashed and the bolt flew upward with a metallic whine, spinning in the air until it clattered against the roof and rumbled into the gutter.

"He deflected it...." groaned Fifteen. "Deflected it in flight--"

"As one," ordered Civril. Blades hissed as they were drawn from sheaths, the group pressed shoulder to shoulder, bristling with blades.

The witcher came on faster; his fluid walk became a run--not straight at the group quivering with swords, but circling it in a tightening spiral.

As Geralt circled the group, Tavik's nerves failed. He rushed the witcher, the twins following him.

"Don't disperse!" Civril roared, shaking his head and losing sight of the witcher. He sword and jumped aside, seeing the group fall apart, scattering around the market stalls.

Tavik went first. He was chasing the witcher when he saw Geralt running in the opposite direction, toward him. He skidded, trying to stop, but the witcher shot past him before he could raise his sword. Tavik felt a hard blow just above the hip, fell to his knees and, when he saw his hip, started screaming.

The twins simultaneously attacked the black, blurred shape rushing toward them, mistimed their attacks and collided with each other as Geralt slashed Vyr across the chest and Mimir in the temple, leaving one twin to stagger, head down, into a vegetable stall, and the other to spin in place and fall limply into the gutter.

The marketplace boiled with vendors running away, stalls clattering to the ground and screams rising in the dusty air. Tavik tried to stumble to his trembling legs and fell painfully to the ground.

"From the left, Fifteen!" Nohorn roared, running in a semi-circle to approach the witcher from behind.

Fifteen spun. But not quickly enough. He bore a thrust through the stomach, prepared to strike and was struck again in the neck, just below the ear. He took four unsteady steps steps and collapsed into a fish cart, which rolled away beneath him. Sliding over the slippery cargo, Fifteen fell onto the flagstones, silver with scales.

Civril and Nohorn struck simultaneously from both sides, the elf with a high sweeping cut, Nohorn from a kneeling position, low and flat. The witcher caught both, two metallic clings merging into one. Civril leapt aside and tripped, catching himself against a stall as Nohorn warded off a blow so powerful it threw him backward to his knees. Leaping up, he parried too slowly, taking a gash in the face parallel to his old scar.

Civril bounced off the stall, jumping over Nohorn as he fell, missed the witcher and jumped away. The thrust was so sharp, so precise, he didn't feel it; his legs only gave way when he tried to attack again. The sword fell from his hand, the tendons severed above the elbow. Civril fell to his knees and shook his head, trying and failing to rise. his head dropped, and among the shattered stalls and market wares, the scattered cabbages, his body stilled in the center of a growing red puddle.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on the Runes you equip Talion can infinitely slow down time and just spam arrows. Geralt could knock the first one off target but his sword can't cover two spots at once.

What are Geralt's defensive wards? What do they do?

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Redzkz

@i_like_swords:

Here is his fights against main villain from the books series.

Also I think that Geralt will lose. He isn't all that great against peak humans:

The Sorcerer took a step back. Geralt tensed, ready to pounce and deliver a blow. But Vilgefortz did not raise his hand, he stretched it a little to one side. Suddenly, in his hand, materialized a thick staff, about six feet long.

‘I know,’ he said. ‘what bothers you in a reasonable assessment of a situation. I know it is complicated and difficult to predict the future, your right. This is your arrogance, Geralt. I’ll undo your arrogance. I’ll undo it with this wand here.’

The witcher narrowed his eyes, lifting his blade slightly.

‘I tremble with anticipation.’

Some weeks later, cured thanks to the efforts of the Dryads and the water of Brokilon forest, Geralt reflected on the mistakes made during the fight. He came to the conclusion that he had not made any. The only error he committed was before the fight. He should have fled before the fighting began.

The Sorcerer was fast, the wand in his hand flashed like lightning. Greater was the astonishment of Geralt, when the wand rang against his sword. But there was no time to wonder. Vilgefortz attacked, the witcher had to dodge and squirm in evasion. He was afraid of parrying with his sword. The wand was made of iron and magic.

Four times he found himself in a position to counter attack and strike. Four times he struck a blow. In the head, neck, arm and in the thigh. Each of the blows would be fatal. But each was parried.

No man would be able to parry those blows. Geralt started to understand little by little. But it was too late.

He saw the blow that the sorcerer struck him. The impact threw him against the wall. He pushed with his back, failed to make a jump, to make a feint, the stroke had deprived him of breath. He received a second hit in the shoulder, flew back again, hitting his head against the pillar, against the chest of a caryatid. Vilgefortz turned away in a deft leap, he waved his stick and punched him in the stomach, below the ribs. Hard. Geralt doubled over and was struck on the side of the head. His knees weakened below him suddenly and he fell. And that was the end of the fight. In essence.

Clumsily he tried to shield himself with his sword. The blade pierced the wall and the pilaster, he erupted in a groan vibrant and clear. He protected his head with his right hand, the staff fell and broke his forearm. The pain blinded him completely.

‘I could ruin your brain through your ears.’ Vilgefortz said from far away. ‘But this is a lesson. You made a mistake, witcher. You have confused the surface of a pond as the sky with stars at night. Oh, did you vomit? Good. Brain injury. Do you bleed from the nose? Great. So, I’ll see you. Someday. Maybe.’

He saw nothing and heard nothing. Sinking, sinking into something warm. He thought that Vilgefortz had gone. He was surprised, then, when his leg felt the vengeance of the iron wand, shattering his femur.

Any following blows, even if they occurred, he could not remember.

Under the archway stood Vilgefortz.

'I'm impressed,' he said quietly. 'I'm really impressed, witcher. You are hopelessly naive and stupid, but your technique is really impressive.'

'Your underlings,' Yennefer said calmly, 'just took off and left you. Give us Ciri and we'll leave you alone.'

'You know, Yennefer,' sneered the wizard, 'that is the second generous offer I've had today? Thank you, thank you. And here is my answer …'

'Look out!' Yennefer screamed and jumped. Geralt also jumped to the side at the last minute. A pillar of fire roared from the wizard's hands and burst through the place Geralt stood a moment before, hissing and burning the area. The witcher wiped soot and the charred remains of an eyebrow from his face. He saw Vilgefortz again raise his hand. He dodged and ducked behind a column. The boom popped his ears. The whole castle shook on its foundations.

A thunderous noise, a flash and the column from where they were hiding a moment before, crumbled apart. The core broke; the decorated column crashed to the floor and crushed a terracotta mosaic. From the side flew a hissing ball of lightning. Yennefer stopped it, uttering spells and gesturing.

Vilgefortz walked towards them, his cloak billowing out behind him like dragon wings.

‘I’m not surprised by Yennefer,’ he said walking. ‘She is a woman, so she is evolutionarily lower and ruled by her hormones. But you, however, Geralt, you’re not only a man who is inherently reasonable, but a mutant, exempt from emotions …’

He gestured. Thunder. A flash. Lightning rebounded from Yennefer’s shield.

‘But despite your better judgement,’ continued Vilgefortz, passing fire from one hand to another, ‘you demonstrate a remarkable consistency and know nothing. You constantly want to paddle against the current and piss into the wind. It had to end badly. Know that today, here; in castle Stygga, you have pissed into a hurricane.’

The stone walls trembled, beams cracked and glass poured from lead frames.

‘Watch out, Geralt!’

He dodged again at the last minute. Brilliant lightning ploughed a furrow in the ground, the air hissed with colour, murderously sharp fragments from broken windows. Lightning hit the column, behind which the witcher hid. The column broke up into three parts. It broke from the roof and collapsed to the floor with a deafening crash.

Geralt, lying flat on the floor, his head cupped in his hands, was aware of how miserable a shield this was from the falling debris. He prepared for the worst, but nothing happened. He jumped up and could see the glow of a magical shield around him, he realised Yennefer’s magic had saved him.

Vilgefortz threw a bolt of lightning at the other column behind which the sorceress was hiding. He roared furiously and a cloud of dust and smoke appeared. Yennefer deftly slipped between them and retaliated with her own flash of lightning, which bounced off of the wizard with no visible effect. He answered with a crushing blow that knocked Yennefer to the ground.

Geralt wiped the dust from his eyes and attacked. Vilgefortz turned his eyes towards him and pointed his arm, and from his hands roared fire. The witcher instinctively swung his sword. The dwarven blade, covered with runes, shielded him and but the stream of fire in half.

‘Ha!’ roared Vilgefortz. ‘Impressive, witcher! What do you say to this!’

The witcher said nothing. He was hit by an invisible battering ram, flew backwards, fell on the floor and slid until he found the base of a buttress. A pillar flew apart and again tumbled from the roof. This time he did not have Yennefer’s protection. The heavy carved block struck him in the side, fortunately, not fully, but even so it hurt and completely paralysed him.

Yennefer chanted spells and threw them at Vilgefortz one after another. However, none of them hit, and they all bounced harmless off of the wizard’s magical shield. Vilgefortz suddenly spread his arms wide. Yennefer wailed in pain and started rising from the ground. The wizard clapped his hands together and his fingers started to shake and if squeezing a wet rag. The sorceress cried shrilly. And started to squirm.

Geralt clenched his teeth in pain and rose to return to the fight. But he was overtaken by Regis.

The vampire came flying from out of nowhere in the shape of a giant bat and rushed at Vilgefortz quietly. Before the sorcerer could raise a protection spell, Regis attacked his face with his claws; he missed the eye because it was so unnaturally small. Vilgefortz yelled and waved his arms in surprise. Yennefer freed from the spell, fell with a scream of surprise into a pile of rubble, blood spurting from her mouth and down her chin and breasts.

Geralt was already close. He raised Sihil ready to deal a blow. But Vilgefortz had no intention of surrendering. He pushed the witcher with a powerful surge of energy and attacked the vampire with a dazzling white beam, which passed through a stone pillar like a hot knife through butter. Regis deftly evaded the beam and returned to his usual form. He materialised at Geralt’s side.

‘Be careful,’ the witcher grunted, trying to discern what was wrong with Yennefer. ‘Be careful, Regis …’

‘Be careful?’ said the vampire. ‘I? That’s not why I came here!’

With an incredibly long and fast leap he reached the wizard and grabbed him by the throat. His vampire fangs glistened.

Vilgefortz scream with rage and terror. For a brief moment, it appeared this was the end of him. But it was premature. The wizard had an arsenal of weapons for every occasion. And against every opponent – even vampires.

The wizard hands grasped Regis and heated up like red hot irons. The vampire screamed. Geralt also cried out, seeing that the wizard was literally tearing the vampire. He jumped to his friend’s aid. But was too late. Vilgefortz pushed the vampire into a column, with both of his hands burning with white fire.

Regis screamed.

He screamed so loud that the witcher had to cover his ears with his hands. The remains of the windows shattered noisily. The column simply melted. And the vampire melted with it, turning into a shapeless stone.

Geralt cursed furiously and desperately. He jumped forward and swung Sihil. The wizard turned and hit him with magical energy. The witcher flew the entire length of the hall, hit a wall on the other side and slid down it.

He lay there gasping for air, like a fish out of water, wondering not what was broken, but what was whole.

Vilgefortz walked towards him. In his hand materialised a six-foot-long iron rod.

‘I could reduce you to ashes with a spell,’ he said. ‘Or I could melt you into a glassy mass, as I did with that monster. But you, witcher, you deserve a different death. In combat. Maybe not a fair fight, but still.’

Geralt did not believe he could stand up. But he did. He spat blood from his cut lip. He gripped his sword tighter.

‘In Thanedd,’ said Vilgefortz, approaching him, twirling the rod, ‘I settled for giving you a beating, in moderation, to serve as a lesson. But I can see that you have not learned anything, this time the beating with be thorough and I will not leave a healthy bone in your body. Nobody will be able to put you back together again.’

He attacked. Geralt did not try to escape. He accepted the fight.

The rod flashed and whirled, spinning around the sorcerer. Both opponents dodged around each other in a deadly dance. The rod flicked like lightning. Geralt managed to parry the hammering blow. Vilgefortz skilfully deflected. Each time steel meet steel it groaned pitifully.

The wizard was quick and nimble like a demon.

Geralt was fooled by a swing at his torso and a mock punch from the left – the opposite end of the stick hit him n the ribs. Before the witcher could get his wind back, he received a strong blow to the hip that almost knocked him down. He dodged a blow to the top of his head, but did not escape the stab at his stomach. He was thrown against the wall. He had enough presence of mind to fall to the floor. Just at the moment, the iron rod brushed his hair and it slammed into the wall raising sparks.

Geralt rolled; the rod drew sparks from the ground right next to his head. A second blow came and hit his shoulder. The shock sent numbing pain and weakness down his legs. The wizard raised the rod. His eyes burned in triumph.

Geralt clenched his fist around Fringilla’s medallion.

The rod fell. It struck the floor, a few inches from the witcher’s head. Geralt rolled to the side and quickly got up on one knee. Vilgefortz jumped after him and swung again. Again he missed by inches.

He shook his head unable to believe his eyes. He hesitated a moment. Then sighed, realising what was happening. His eyes twinkled and he leapt and swung his magical weapon. But it was too late.

Geralt quickly slashed him across the stomach. Vilgefortz screamed, dropped the rod and took a few steps backwards. The witcher followed. Kicked him between the stumps of two columns and slashed his sword in a wide arc diagonally across the wizard’s torso to his collarbone. Drawing blood.

The wizard screamed and fell to his knees. He lowered his head and look at his chest and abdomen. For a long time he could not look away from what he saw.

Geralt calmly waited with Sihil raised, ready to strike.

Vilgefortz lifted his head and wailed shrilly.

‘Geraaaaaalt …!’

The witcher did not let him finish.

As you can see even with massive help, Geralt nearly lost in his second fight against Vilgefortz, even when Vilgefortz started to fight only using melee attacks. And Vilgefortz is a mage in the first place. Sure he had some training:

‘The Druid Circle in Kovir,’ the wizard took a moment ‘found me in the gutter in Lan Exeter. They took me in and educated me. As a druid, of course. You know what a druid is? They are tramps, that walk through the world and kneel before the sacred oaks.’

The witcher stayed silent.

‘And then,’ continued Vilgefortz ‘during some druidic rituals my talents surfaced. Talents that clearly and without a doubt allowed them to determine my origins. I was conceived, of course, by accident, by two people, of whom at least one of them was a sorcerer.’

Geralt was silent.

‘The druid who discovered my humble abilities, of course, had fortuitously met a sorcerer.’ Vilgefortz calmly went on. ‘And he generously offered me an education and development and the prospect of joining the Brotherhood of Sorcerers.’

‘And you,’ said the witcher hollowly ‘accepted the offer.’

‘No.’ Vilgefortz voice became increasingly cold and unpleasant. ‘I rejected it in a less than polite, even rude way. I unloaded all of my rage on him. I wanted him to feel guilty, him and all his magical brotherhood. Guilty, for the gutter in Lan Exeter, guilty for one or two rogue sorcerers. The sorcerer, it was clear, neither understood nor was he bothered by what I said then. He shrugged and walked away, thus marking himself like all of his brethren, insensitive, arrogant, bastards worthy of the highest contempt.’

Geralt remained silent.

‘I was sick of the druids already.’ continued Vilgefortz sincerely. ‘So I left the sacred oak trees and went out into the world. I did many things. So I am ashamed of still to this day. I finally became a soldier for hire. My life unfolded as you can imagine, as a stereotype. A victorious soldier, a beaten soldier, a marauder, robber, rapist, murderer, and finally a fleeing fugitive to the end of the world from the noose. I ran away to the end of the world.

But ask yourself, just how good such training could be? Vilgefortz is very young for a mage (only about 60 years, almost same age as Geralt) and he obviously was forced to spend a ton of time to study magic (otherwise female sorcerers would've kill him long time agon). So he didn't have much time to study combat (unlike Geralt), yet he was beating Geralt every time. If such training is enough to beat Geralt twice, why Talion who spam teleport attacks and died a lot of times (so he should learn something from this), can't do better?

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterguyman: Geralt's. Quebec makes him gives him magical force fields to protect him from not only physical damage and also Magical damage for a limited time a for a couple of massive and powerful blows.

And Geralt also got blasted with Aard through a thick Stone wall while fighting Letho another Withcer.And resumed the fight as if that was a minor annoyance.

That's a nice durability feat.

When Geralt isn't exploring new cities and f***ing hookers. I don't know if that's exactly what Getalt really does all the time but I do all the time in the game. Wasting countless of Gold coins or sex. Aggressive....now I feel like playing the Witcher 2 again. Too bad I uninstalled it. Moving on!!!

Geralt normally takes care of hordes of monsters and traibed officers all at once eith nothing butt his wits. And he uses strategy to win. Putting every single par if his arsenal to good use. In terms f skillz in swordplay I believe that Geralt is above Talion. Power is obviously Talion. Durability? Talion. Speed? Talion. Reaction? I don't know. Arsenal?Geralt. Overall experience with stuff? Geralt.

I believe that Geralt will give Talion a run for his money. Geralt's senses won't allow foe him to get Stealth attacked by Talion. So imagine Geralt's as a war chief in the Shadow of Mitford game.

Geralt of Rivia

-Weaknesses

-Can be harmed by combat finishers, long range attacks and mounted Caraghors.

Strenghts

-Super senses- Immune to Stealth finishers.

-Fearless -Isn't afraid of sh#$

-battle Hardened - A lot harder to kill.

-Witcher Race- Increased Superhuman stats.

And so on and on.

I beieve that Geralt will triumph after a awsome fight.

I've only played the Witcher 2 and I loved it. Can't wait for the wild Hunt. I saved my money for it. And I'm interested in knowing a lot more about the Witcher lore and more about Geralt's life. So can is there like any free story online that I can reason from other download or do I have o buy a book?

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy:

And I'm interested in knowing a lot more about the Witcher lore and more about Geralt's life. So can is there like any free story online that I can reason from other download or do I have o buy a book?

All books are already fan-translated, you can find them everywhere. You will like books they are awesome. There is also official translation and I highly recommend to buy them all ( IMO they are very cheap http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Wish-Introducing-Witcher/dp/031602918 )to support and thank the author for his hard work, but personally I think that fan-translated are much closer to original.

Scrapps898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it seems like with multiple games and books, Geralt fans are too emotionally invested in him and can't accept anyone or anything could get the best of him. I believe Talion would win easily. As mentioned above, his wraith strike would be the deciding factor. All of the above mentioned strengths Geralt possesses, his witcher abilities, alchemy, immunities, etc would only work if he KNEW in advance the fight was coming. Talion would only need to see Geralt from however far away, aim his bow, vanish, and he would only reappear when when his sword was through Geralts neck. The fight is over before it ever began for Geralt.

Of course the things that exist in Geralt's world don't exist in Talion's so none of their feats mean anything to each other. "Oh you've killed a Striga ands some mages? I don't know what those are" just like Geralt would say "Who the hell is Sauron?"

Noxifer626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talion's greatest strengths are his Legendary Abilities for his weapons.
Storm of Urfael: Infinite instant kills for 20 seconds. Some of them would eventually put a dent on Geralt.
Flame of Azkar: Infinite time slowing + infinite fire arrows to the face for 15 seconds has to hurt.
Shadow of Acharn: 20 seconds of time slowing + invisibility.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Kill GG.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By noah_ouellette

@reikai: the wild hunt was simply THOUGHT To be immortal because no one powerful went up against them.

Geralt kills them because they are simply mortal. Cerebrimbor stomps so hard.

WimpyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that Shadow of War is out, Talion has way more feats that show how powerful he is.

Talion fights, kills and dominates drakes and graugs like it's nothing. He goes one on one with the spirit of nature, and defeats it easily (its a very easy boss). Talion also manages to fight and defeat all the the Nazgul at once (excluding the Witch King).

Lastly, Talion (with help from the spirit of nature) manages to take down a Balrog. Of all the things Geralt has killed, I don't think any of them compare to an immortal fallen angel of fire and shadow.

MarvelFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt kills Talion with or without the Wraith, moon dust reveals where he is so no point in stealth that way, Geralt has a skill that can parry arrows, his bombs can hurt Talion badly, White Raffard potion can heal him, poison is useless because of Quen, Yrden would force Talion out of Wraith form, Geralt has slain the Wild Hunt, which is equal and above the 9 mortal men doomed to die,Spirit of Nature, and Balrogs.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfanatic: recommend you play shadow of war or watch the end because now Geralt is outclassed an outmatched.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Geralt is indefensible here. Talion wins by a wide margin.

High_Noon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, as of Shadow of War, Talion destroys

MarvelFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ParagonNate

Talion won this after the first game.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I backed Tallion as of Shadow of Mordor, and I back him even more since Shadow of War was released. He only got stronger, by a very large degree.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talion, his Wraith abilities are more impressive to me than anything Geralt can do.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4
deactivated-5cb3fdda884d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe Geralt could resist Celebrimbor's base mind control, but he's not tanking threw the New Ring. He becomes another cog in the war machine.