#1 Edited by Nanji (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt

No Caption Provided

vs

Jaime Lannister

No Caption Provided

This is a swordfight. Both are book versions. Both are at their prime.

Both have seen the other fight in 10 duels.

Fight takes place on the open grassland.

To the death.

1.Round No magic allowed for Geralt.

2 Round magic allowed. Jaime fights with full Kingsguard from the beginning of GoT (Ser Barristan Selmy,Ser Arys Oakheart,Ser Boros Blount,Ser Mandon Moore,Ser Meryn Trant,Ser Preston Greenfield) at his side. Selmy is in condition from GoT, rest is at their best.

#2 Posted by OverLordArthas (2558 posts) - - Show Bio

Both rounds in favor of the witcher.

#3 Posted by cpt_nice (10040 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Geralt with medium difficulty

R2: Geralt lolstomps

#4 Edited by Xerolot (2990 posts) - - Show Bio
@cpt_nice said:

This. Geralt is suprerior in reflexes, strenght and swordplay. Geralt at his prime have better feats than Jaime.

#5 Posted by lubub55 (12941 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt wins, and the fight will play out exactly the same in both rounds. He wouldn't use magic on an ordinary human when he is already so far above him.

#6 Posted by Nanji (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: @xerolot: @lubub55:

I agree that Geralt has great agility, and all of the advantages of being a mutant. But although he won all the duels (except with Vilgefortz), he sometimes had problems, and here he is facing a master of the sword, one of the best in Westeros. So i think Jaime can win here 1 in 15 or something like that.

You all are right that R2 is a mismatch, so i added full kingsguard for Jaime in this round. Geralt fought multiple enemies at once, but it was mostly with fodder, how will he do against 7 skilled swordsman?

#7 Posted by cpt_nice (10040 posts) - - Show Bio

@nanji:

I agree Jaime can probably win once out a (few) dozen times, purely based on his skill.

I don't know about round 2 though. Even with the entire Kingsguard, magic just gives Geralt too much of an advantage. He faces multiple enemies literally all the time in the Witcher games, and his style is adapted to it. I don't think adding more fodder (most of which are far below Jaime) will make a difference

#8 Posted by Nanji (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice:

He faces multiple enemies in the games, but as stated in the OP, this Geralt gets only feats from the books (which are still impressive).

#9 Edited by Xerolot (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@nanji: He killed 6 deadly, skilled mercenaries in Blaviken. They fought in market place with full of people watching them. He killed them so fast that nobody noticed. I know he sometimes had problems, like the fight with Vilgefortz (who was strongest mage and fighter at his time, far above Jaime tier). With Kingsguard armor for Jaime this fight is even more easy for Geralt. Jaime in Kingsguard = slower Jaime, susceptible for Aard. With his Kingsguard friends. its more difficult. Barristan could be dangerous be he's to old. The rest of company make this more difficult but i think he can do it.

Do Geralt have access to alchemy before they fight? If yes its a stomp.

#10 Posted by lubub55 (12941 posts) - - Show Bio

@nanji: Even though Jaime is skilled, geralt is more so. Geralt spent his entire childhood training to fight, whilst Jaime's training wouldn't have been as dangerous because he is the family heir and he would have had to do other things. It is stated at some point in The Last Wish that Geralt trains every day, not daring to lose any skill. He also has nearly a century of experience, and is still in his physical prime. Jaime can't get any victories. Geralt is better than Jaime physically, mentally and even skillwise.

'As one,' ordered Civril. Blades hissed as they were drawn from sheathes, the group pressed shoulder to shoulder, bristling with blades. The witcher came on faster; his fluid walk became a run - not straight at the group quivering with swords, but circling it in a tightening spiral. As Geralt circled the group Tavik's nerve failed. He rushed the witcher, the twins following him. 'Don't disperse!' Civril roared, shaking his head and losing sight of the witcher. He swore and jumped aside, seeing the group fall apart, scattering around the market stalls. Tavik went first. He was chasing the witcher when he saw Geralt running in the opposite direction, towards him. He skidded, trying to stop, but the witcher shot past before he could raise his sword. Tavik felt a hard blow just above his hip, fell to his knees and, when he saw his hip, started screaming. The twins simultaneously attacked the black, blurred shape rushing towards them, mistimed their attack and collided with each other as Geralt slashed Vyr across the chest and Nimir in the temple, leaving one twin to stagger, head down, into a vegetable stall, and the other to spin in place and fall limply into the gutter. The marketplace boiled with vendors running away, stalls clattering to the ground and screams rising in the dusty air. Tavik tried to stumble to his trembling legs and fell painfully to the ground. 'From the left, Fifteen!' Nohorn roared, running in a semi-circle to approach the witcher from behind. Fifteen spun. But not quickly enough. He bore a thrust through the stomach, prepared to strike and was struck again in the neck, just below his ear. He took four unsteady steps and collapsed into a fish cart, which rolled away beneath him. Sliding over the slippery cargo Fifteen fell onto the flagstones, silver with scales. Civril and Nohorn struck simultaneously from both sides, the elf with a high sweeping cut, Nohorn from a kneeling position, low and flat. The witcher caught both, two metallic clangs merging into one. Civril leapt aside and tripped, catching himself against a stall as Nohorn warded off a blow so powerful it threw him backwards to his knees. Leaping up he parried too slowly, taking a gash in the face parallel to his old scar. Civril bounced off the stall, jumping over Nohorn as he fell, missed the witcher and jumped away. The thrust was so sharp, so precise, he didn't feel it; his legs only gave way when he tried to attack again. The sword fell from his hand, the tendons severed above the elbow. Civril fell to his knees and shook his head, trying and failing to rise. His head dropped, and among the shattered stalls and market wares, the scattered fish and cabbages, his body stilled in the centre of a growing red puddle.

Geralt almost effortlessly beats 7 skilled swordsmen at the same time. Earlier in the novel, it is said that these seven alone would be able to take out every guard in Blaviken. That gives you a good indication of their skill. There are the same amount of enemies here as there are in the Kingsguard, so this is a good comparison. Round 2 is a lot harder for Geralt now that it is full Kingsguard, because Jaime has allies but Geralt gains no advantages as he wouldn't use magic against humans in combat. The Kingsguard are most likely significantly more skilled than the opponents Geralt faced in the marketplace though, but Robert Baratheon was stated to have the worst Kingsguard in history, as people like Meryn Trant and Boros Blount were on it. I'd say Geralt takes this too with some difficulty.

#11 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Geralt get to drink his toxins/mutagens and hone/poison his sword (prep)? Geralt is written in a very down-to-earth way. He's a mutant superhuman but he's not on some Batgod PIS. And the Lannister that banged his sister is not impressive by Geralt's standards.

R1 (without) is a win for Geralt 9/10.

R1 (with) Geralt stomps.

R2 (without) even with his signs I'm calling it 50-50. Numbers and skill win everytime over badassery. Let's not forget that Geralt got killed in the novels for getting caught up in a non-human revolt by a lucky farmer's pitchfork.

R2 (with) He takes it 7/10. There are potions take make him more monster than man and he gets bloodlusted from some of the stronger ones. But he's still just one guy against several skilled guys.

#12 Posted by buildhare (8714 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice said:

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
#13 Edited by AllHailSkeletor (780 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt ultrawrecks Jamie both rounds. Game of Thrones couldn't handle the White Wolf.

#14 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt all rounds

#15 Posted by HercuThor (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt 10/10 first round

the only thing posing a problem in round two is if the kingsguard are wearing plate armor. If they are not he 10/10s that one too.

#16 Posted by rogueshadow (29376 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaime doesn't have as many feats as the likes of Barristan, but based on other warriors who are vastly inferior to Jaime, this is far closer than anybody is acknowledging. I question how many people here have even read ASoIaF.

#17 Edited by lubub55 (12941 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Book version of Geralt would actually be a good fight. He'd probably win but it'd be entertaining.
  2. Geralt gets stomped. He doesn't use Signs in combat in the books and now he's fighting seven great swordsmen.
#18 Posted by Xerolot (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:
  1. Book version of Geralt would actually be a good fight. He'd probably win but it'd be entertaining.
  2. Geralt gets stomped. He does use Signs in combat in the books and now he's fighting seven great swordsmen.

8 months ago you stated that in round 2 Geralt wins with medium difficulty. Why do you changed your mind?

#19 Posted by lubub55 (12941 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot: I think at that time I assumed game Geralt was being used in round 2 because it was specified that he was allowed to use Signs, which he doesn't incorporate into his fighting style in the books.

#20 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 Is for the Witcher to take

R2 Is most likely a win for the Team, considering that Geralt rarely till never uses his Signs, except Axii in one of the short stories, on humans. I don't know if their armor is an advantage or slight disadvantage, but if he only relies on his skill, I say it is 60/40 for him, with armor due to a speed advantage and if they don't wear armor considering that he still is faster and they are way more suspectible for damage, especially since it is stated that Geralts blade is extremely sharp. If he goes for his signs though he wins both rounds with less effort

#21 Posted by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Gerlat stomps both rounds.

#22 Posted by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55: I know this is old but no, even in round two geralt shoud easily win, most of the team get blitzed instantly and he beats others with ease he alredy beated 6 much better swordsman than anyone here jaime.

#23 Edited by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: Nah, even in rounds two he would easily win, most of the team would instantly get blitzed

#24 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

@darko1234: As mentioned , I think armor is the key here, with it they have better chances

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
#25 Posted by Consciouskeeper (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Jamie could possibly win unless Gerald is some high level swordsman in his world of witcher

Round 2 witches ROFLstomps

#26 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

@consciouskeeper: He is one of the best fighters, has atleast ninety-something years of training and is fast enough to easily deflect crossbow bolts or deflect two simultaneous attacks from to different angles quick enough that only one sound of colliding swords could be heard

#27 Edited by Consciouskeeper (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: rip jamie

**actually that doesn't sound so intimidating or far fetch for Jamie. Let me do more research

#28 Edited by Vulkanian (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Geralt has beaten superhuman elves with teleportation and vampires that run so fast they look like they teleport, and those are the lower tier vampires, he’s beaten higher ones that actually teleport too.

He stomps both rounds.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#29 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 Geralt not a stomp

R2 Geralt gets stomped

#30 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: Most of those are game feats though, this is just book Geralt

#31 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

@consciouskeeper: He is also good enough to take out city guards with a walking cane and for example strong enough to block a sword strike with enough force to make it bounce back and hit his attacker in the face

#32 Posted by KingCrimson (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: no vampires in the Witcherverse can teleport as far as we know, they just use speed and invisibility to give the impression they’re teleporting, not that that helps Jamie’s chances.

#33 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by Consciouskeeper (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: some notes I gathered on jaime.

1) Age 13 enters a dueling tournament against mostly grown experienced men and does exceptionally well.

2) before the age of 15 in his first real battle he crosses hair with the smiley knight who he described as "the mountain of his time" arthur dayne who was leading intervened in this fight but was so impressed he knighted jaime on the spot.

3) Jamie kills a member of a famous outlaw brotherhood group at the age of 15 as witnessed by baristan selmy.

4) After ned Starks guard leader kills a few men Jaime would kill him in 1 exchange.

5) played with new stark who played arthur dayne (controversially)

6) killed 10 of rob Starks men by himself before being taken prisoner.

7) while restrained toys with Brianne.

8) Rob stark denies a duel with him to end the war stating jaimie would win.

There is a few more things but I wanted to just note the named fighters he's encountered between book and tv show. The men Jaime has defeated or toyed with are no normal fighters in game of thrones so I feel like supernatural abilities aside he has a slight edge against Gerard in sword fighting.

The second round if it's only novel Gerard might be overwhelming with so many high class swordsman

#35 Posted by Vulkanian (660 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: That’s true, I didn’t see that.

Geralt still stomps though, he has speed of sound feats in the books.

He’s killed monsters that have wiped out trained soldier squads in full plate armor in the books. There’s also the assassins he killed in Blaviken.

#36 Posted by foxerdes (10259 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt both rounds. Not sure how Jamie is supposed to win here. There is only so much you can against someone with physical stats of Geralt's caliber and he is darn skilled as well.

#37 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate both rounds.

#38 Posted by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: "As mentioned , I think armor is the key here, with it they have better chances"

Getalt can cut trugh armor like if it was paper, besides like i siad armor would just slwo them down, and armor would not slow geralt down, and geralt would blitz most of the team faster than they can blink and would stomp jaime , he alredy beated 6 more powerful swrodsman than those here. He stomps.

#39 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: "As mentioned , I think armor is the key here, with it they have better chances"

Getalt can cut trugh armor like if it was paper, besides like i siad armor would just slwo them down, and armor would not slow geralt down, and geralt would blitz most of the team faster than they can blink and would stomp jaime , he alredy beated 6 more powerful swrodsman than those here. He stomps.

Depends on the book to be honest, his equipment fluctuates a lot. At his best it would be his Sihil and that would indeed allow him to filetize his opponents. And besides, I never mentioned that his opposition would win, only that he would have more work, especially since he doesn't use his signs often against humans in the book (in character), so that wouldn't change much

#40 Posted by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt curbstomps the first round with absolute ease, and wins the second round.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353
#41 Posted by deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt...if he loses this then he is fodder.

#42 Edited by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: I agree but it would not be hard at all, most of the team would get blitzed and he can stomp jaime in fight.He is just much better than they are , he alredy beateed 6 better swordsman than this with ease .Geralt wins both with low difficulty,hell even eredin king of wild hunt would stomp them with ease.

#43 Posted by azrael1973 (2966 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Rac95 (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

@darko1234: To be fair though, Eredin can teleport. He could easily surprise them without superior stats

#45 Posted by darko1234 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: yes eredin can teleport but he does not need to , he stats are much better, he is much stronger, much faster and more skilled than this team, and if he uses his magic this is crubstomp then, geralt like i siad can just blitz most of the team faster than they can see, and he is to fast for team to tagg him, and he is much more skilled, he would easily beat them.