• 70 results
Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Geralt of Rivia [Witcher] Vs Zodd the Immortal [Berserk] (35 votes)

Geralt 20%
Nosferatu Zodd 49%
Ends in sex 43%
No Caption Provided

Vs

No Caption Provided

- Geralt has feats from the books and the games

Who wins?

• 
Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Krishnyak  Online

its hard, but i think geralt should take this

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure what a win condition for Geralt would look like. Sure, it's possible to kill high-end apostles, but they possess incredible regenerative abilities, with Zodd himself casually reattaching both his arms after having them severed by Guts and Griffith. He also heals almost instantly from any wounds inflicted on his body, so Geralt's options in inflicting lasting damage to him are extremely limited.

This is completely ignoring the conventional stats like strength, speed, skill, etc. Geralt is clearly superhuman, but my impression of him is that he's still far from invincible against ordinary foes, capable of being felled by the blade of the common man under certain circumstances. Guts, by contrast, is a level of superhuman that leaves the chances of a regular person defeating him at basically zero. The hundred-man-slayer feat is one which I do not see Geralt replicating, and that was before Guts' abilities grew immensely and he gained the Dragonslayer sword, which he swings around casually at faster-than-eye speeds whereas Geralt appeared to have difficulties lifting - much less wielding - Imlerith's mace. And even that improved Guts was at the very best an equal of base form Zodd, and inferior to his transformed state. Signs give Geralt some unique offensive and defensive options, but I think he's just plain outclassed in terms of power level.

There's also Geralt's emphasis on preparation to consider. I think a lot of his success stems from his encyclopedic knowledge of his enemies as well as adequately preparing for his fights beforehand. He won't have those advantages if dropped into a fight cold, which I assume is the premise for this thread.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Geralt can pull it off.

Laufnyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going with Geralt in a hard fight

Nicov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod takes this. To much power and regeneration.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt takes this after one of his greatest fights.

Zodd's regen and strength advantages might be too much.

A weaker Golden Age Zodd was capable of not only stomping Wyald.

But even Human form Wyald can throw a man so high, he lands on top of a large building spike.

And Zodd then goes on to get better scaling via Guts. And can keep up with him in speed. The same Guts can react to, and dodge lightning.

So he gets the strength advantage, and equal speed to keep up with Geralt.

The main issue for Zodd is gonna be the hax Geralt has in his possession. So if Geralt managed to pop them off, he wins. If he can't, he loses.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Belando

@cryolancer47:

A weaker Golden Age Zodd was capable of not only stomping Wyald.

To be fair, Wyald was already beaten to an inch of death.

But even Human form Wyald can throw a man so high, he lands on top of a large building spike.

Not only that, but no one present caught what happened.

The same Guts can react to, and dodge lightning.

Guts never actually dodged lightning, and neither did Serpico. Rosine is the most consistent speed feat in the verse, and she's supersonic, which Guts truly struggled with. This makes Guts somewhat capable of dealing with supersonic threats, albeit barely.

That said, neither does Geralt or anyone he scales too. I'd say Guts and Geralt are rather similar in the speed department, but Geralt is a lot more agile.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CryoLancer47

@belando:

To be fair, Wyald was already beaten to an inch of death.

Wyald was still capable of murdering the Hawk's and Griffith, at that point. And their only hope in Guts was wrecked.

Which is why Zodd intervened.

Not only that, but no one present caught what happened.

Yeah. And he realistically couldn't have had time to transform in the middle of the day. We know he scales to Guts in strength who can swing his sword so hard it stopped Silat's iron whips that lift and instantly cut a human to pieces in a second.

And the same or weaker version of Guts was cutting falling giant wooden logs with his sword when they fall towards him under a waterfall.

So even more scaling for Wyald & Zodd.

Guts never actually dodged lightning, and neither did Serpico.

Didn't they, though?

Rosine is the most consistent speed feat in the verse, and she's supersonic, which Guts truly struggled with. This makes Guts somewhat capable of dealing with supersonic threats, albeit barely.

That's a weaker, and earlier version of Guts. And we know he got stronger and faster as time went on + Berserker Armor amps him above his levels peak regular levels.

And let's not forget that he managed to react to her and even tanked that big fall in their final fight.

That said, neither does Geralt or anyone he scales too.

Geralt is held as a lightning timer by feat. And many agree on that.

I'd say Guts and Geralt are rather similar in the speed department, but Geralt is a lot more agile.

Debatable. Guts will need an insane amount of agility to swing his sword and move/stop it as easy as he does without. And keep the balance on his body. Plus when he threw demon Mozgus and didn't fall with him. And it's not as if he didn't fight in locations that weren't the most sturdy, before.

They should be damn near equal when it comes to agility by feats.

And Berserker Armor Guts (If we bring him into this convo) is a lot more agile to a comical degree than his normal version.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Belando

@cryolancer47:

Wyald was still capable of murdering the Hawk's and Griffith, at that point. And their only hope in Guts was wrecked.

Which is why Zodd intervened.

For sure. But Wyald was already defeated, to the point where the Hawks believed he was dead. And Zodd, or anything would've intervened either way and been victorious due to causality. Griffith, in a twisted way, was actually immortal.

So even more scaling for Wyald & Zodd.

Yeah, I agree with this. Wyald is ridiculously powerful and fast. While Zodd is established as superior.

Didn't they, though?

Geralt is held as a lightning timer by feat. And many agree on that.

It's kind of interesting. Very many people think Guts and Serpico "lightning timed". But there's not a single instance of lighting being on the way and them acting after. I've made several long and detailed posts about this, but TL;DR Ganiskha manifests lightning in his cloud form before launching it.

The same is true for Geralt. There's not an actual feat where lightning is on the way and Geralt dodges. All we know is that Vilgefortz attacked with lightning magic and they avoided it. There's zero context or clues as to how they did or in which order the actions took place. There's also Djin's but no direct example of Geralt or anyone he scales to avoiding lighting after it's launched.

This is disregarding the debate on how fast lightning is.

Debatable.

And Berserker Armor Guts (If we bring him into this convo) is a lot more agile to a comical degree than his normal version.

I'd say both are in the range of being somewhat able to deal with supersonic attacks. Guts due to Rosine, arrows and crossbow bolts, and Geralt due to arrows and crossbow bolts at incredibly close range, etc. The Berserker Armor is a different case, true. While I could and would argue for Geralt having a chance even against Guts in the armor, there are few opportunities to cause damage.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is as close as people want it to be. Geralt is getting demolished.

Ningenoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ningenoid

Probably Zodd due to being faster and low level regeneration

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SainguineXshadow

Zodd, this isn't even remotely close. Guts has a feat while he's human of basically being a damn tornado while swinging that Dragonslayer of his around; he still cannot best Zodd or even meaningfully harm him.

I doubt Geralt could fight Grunbeld either.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on wheter Moon Dust and/or Brown Oil can counter Zodd's healing factor. If yes, then Geralt wins due to better speed. If not, Zodd outlasts.

Avatar image for benitoc98987253
BenitoC98987253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zodd wins

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt has no chance (and I stress *no* chance) if he doesn’t prep.

If he’s given time and info on Zodd as per his usual MO, he has a chance at surviving this through prep. He’d need Witcher potions and the like to be strong enough to deal with Zodd’s physical advantages.

Redsalmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Zodd

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wabubub said:

I don't think this is as close as people want it to be. Geralt is getting demolished.

I mean, you didn't exactly provide a case.

Geralt has no chance (and I stress *no* chance) if he doesn’t prep.

If he’s given time and info on Zodd as per his usual MO, he has a chance at surviving this through prep. He’d need Witcher potions and the like to be strong enough to deal with Zodd’s physical advantages.

Wanna fight, m8? It's good to see you :)

How much stronger (physically) is Zodd in your opinion?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: My man! Likewise :)

I’d have him a good bit stronger. Zodd is a ways stronger than Guts is (even in his human form), who I also have stronger than Geralt - at least consistently.

I’d peg Zodd as maybe 2 or 3 times stronger than Detlaff is.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the_wspanialy
@kingcrimson said:

I’d have him a good bit stronger. Zodd is a ways stronger than Guts is (even in his human form), who I also have stronger than Geralt - at least consistently.

I’d peg Zodd as maybe 2 or 3 times stronger than Detlaff is.

Just in case you didn't know about this feat (I myself stumbled upon it just a few months ago) strength-wise Dettlaff, in his first transformation, is (at least) equal to Regis, who shook a large underground chamber just by trashing inside his cage. And keep in mind that Geralt can trade blows with Dettlaff even without going through additional mutations which specifically increase his strength.

Not that I claim Dettlaff is stronger Zodd or anything, just that the example above might influence your perception ;)

Nicov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt was knocked out by a horse kick to the head and was unable to get up when a ladder fell on him. Any blow from Zod breaks all his bones and breaks him in two.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

Hmm… I do recall that mission, but don’t remember noticing that feat at the time. Pretty impressive honestly. I wouldn’t say it puts them over Zodd (he collapsed an iron mine with a headbutt IIRC), but it would have them closer than I initially thought.

Geralt’s fighting style is based on parries and pirouettes and essentially abusing his skill advantage against stronger foes though, right? Or do you have him as strong as Detlaff and co?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

Hmm… I do recall that mission, but don’t remember noticing that feat at the time. Pretty impressive honestly. I wouldn’t say it puts them over Zodd (he collapsed an iron mine with a headbutt IIRC), but it would have them closer than I initially thought.

Geralt’s fighting style is based on parries and pirouettes and essentially abusing his skill advantage against stronger foes though, right? Or do you have him as strong as Detlaff and co?

I don't have the exact quote right now, but I do remember it was stated in Blood of Elves that in combat witchers put the greatest emphasis on speed and evasiveness. I doubt Geralt would try to engage Zodd (a huge, clearly superhuman guy) in a contest of strength, he would put his (in my opinion) superior speed to full use, while using Signs to keep him off balance.

Well, we've seen Geralt trading blows with Dettlaff, so he should be at least comparable. And that's, again, without taking into account the additional mutations from Blood and Wine.

But frankly, unless we know whether Geralt can or cannot deal with Zodd's healing factor, it's all a moot point.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: I agree with that assessment, though Zodd isn’t slow. He’s frighteningly fast for his size, IMO.

From what I recall, Geralt was always deflecting his blows rather than matching them, which doesn’t take parity in strength, and the one time he didn’t, it was like Detlaffs one arm against his whole body, right?

Tbh I remember Detlaffs healing factor being relative to Zodds right? They can’t outright regrow body parts at a speed to be useful during combat but they can reattach them? A decap is a win though, I would think.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: I agree with that assessment, though Zodd isn’t slow. He’s frighteningly fast for his size, IMO.

From what I recall, Geralt was always deflecting his blows rather than matching them, which doesn’t take parity in strength, and the one time he didn’t, it was like Detlaffs one arm against his whole body, right?

Tbh I remember Detlaffs healing factor being relative to Zodds right? They can’t outright regrow body parts at a speed to be useful during combat but they can reattach them? A decap is a win though, I would think.

Didn't say Zodd is slow.

He either counters or straight-up blocks them.

Nah, Dettlaff puts his entire body (plus momentum and gravity) into this:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/11123/111235159/6190335-9320928291-61830.gif

Regis (in his human form) regenerated a hole in his chest in a couple of seconds, while Dettlaff (in his true form) after being bisected started to reattach his cut halves.

??? I could've sworn Zodd (or someone he should scale to) has a feat of regrowing a head...

callmebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking Zodd

Hentekorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zodd

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zodd

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt wins due to Magic.

I see him winning even without it tbh.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously it ends in sex

Avatar image for theheadmasterxx
TheHeadmasterXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheHeadmasterXX

Since game feats are allowed, Geralt has a more solid chance to survive this opponent.

It is not clear from the OP whether Geralt already has knowledge and preparation time, which in my opinion are the most relevant factors for a sorcerer in a fight against beasts that have a natural advantage.

I don´t know if Axii will work on a monster like Zodd, Assuming his Axii by game is full developed up to level 5 idk. Anyway, going by the other signs of Geralt and when he is full equiped with potions, he has a realistic chance to win this battle. A high level Yrden can slow Zodd down, while Quen will prevent Geralt from taking a deadly one-shot by his opponent.

I would say Geralt is more tactical in a fight with opponents, then Zodd. Zodd itself has the bad habit to toy around with his enemies, underestimating Geralt probably in the first moment, or will allow him to use all his signs, before Zodd will be serious.

Since both sides can be given some good speed arguments, i will avoid from a blitz argument for any side just in case.

With game feats, prep and knowledge allowed, also full equipment i say Geralt wins 7/10 while without i give it to Zodd with 3/10.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By tparks

Zodd would rip Geralt apart. Geralt isn’t stopping an Apostle that is bored from casually soloing entire armies at a time. Zodd wouldn’t even need his Apostle form.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zodd, eeze.

SoySpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Zodd would rip Geralt apart.

Not really, Imlerith can snap the neck of a guy hundreds of times more durable than a normal human, with one hand, and he still can't rip Geralt apart.

@tparks said:

Geralt isn’t stopping an Apostle that is bored from casually soloing entire armies at a time.

Detlaff can do the same, Geralt still beat him.

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 thoughts? I have Geralt well above Guts tbh. He timed lightning from a much shorter range than Guts did with Berserker armor.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eredin12

@pedrolopesmateus: Yea I do not think being able to beat army means you beat Geralt, as Dettlaff can do same and Geralt still beat him in the end just fine. That said, I am not much of an expert on Berserk tbh, but you know a lot more about it than me, how would you say Zodd compares to Dettlaff?

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@pedrolopesmateus: Yea I do not think being able to beat army means you beat Geralt, as Dettlaff can do same and Geralt still beat him in the end just fine. That said, I am not much of an expert on Berserk tbh, but you know a lot more about it than me, how would you say Zodd compares to Dettlaff?

I think Zodd is worse than Dettlaff in every way tbh. Scaling to Geralt in speed >> scaling above Guts. Zodd's stand-alone speed feats are like supersonic (sonic booms made while flying), nothing above Higher Vamps.

Zodd's strength feats are in the 10's of tons range. He ripped apart Wyald, a 4 meters tall beast, and flew through a castle's roof. But I don't think it compared to Dettlaff breaking like hundreds of tons of rock.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tparks

@pedrolopesmateus: Detlaff doesn’t compare at all to Zodd.

Guts is hundreds of times faster than Geralt. Thats not debatable.

Zodd is way more than a 10 tonner. His sword swings do more damage then canon fire, and that’s when he’s not an apostle. Not that he needs more then 10 tons to beat Geralt.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eredin12

@tparks: I am not an expert on Bersek, but Geralt has feats well above 10 ton level. If 10 ton level strength was enough to beat Geralt, Dettlaff for example, who is much stronger than that, would beat Geralt, but it was other way around.

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@pedrolopesmateus: Fair enough, I might go with Geralt then with magic as well.

Like I said, even without it I give Geralt the win tbh.

@tparks said:

@pedrolopesmateus:

Guts is hundreds of times faster than Geralt. Thats not debatable.

Pedro: Laughable, Guts is not even hundreds of times faster than sound, the best he has is evading lightning from hundreds of meters away, Geralt has more lightning-timing feats and from a much shorter distance. If you ignore the Lightning related feats from both Geralt is still well into the hypersonic range, Guts is not above that.

Not that he needs more then 10 tons to beat Geralt.

Pedro: What a joke, Stone Trolls, fodder monsters Geralt can take downs unarmed and without magic, can throw a stone weighting dozens of tons 100 meters away. That's not to mention Geralt overpowering a creature larger than a blue whale in comics and that dragon in The Witcher 2.

You think Zodd wins? Fine, but stop ignoring clear cut feats just because it goes against your preconceived notion of the character's power levels.

His sword swings do more damage then canon fire

Pedro: *snore* as if that's remotely relevant to a guy who matches Dettlaff in strength (who also punches way harder than 15th century canons), and blocks building+ level fireballs from Triss Merigold.

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@tparks: I am not an expert on Bersek, but Geralt has feats well above 10 ton level. If 10 ton level strength was enough to beat Geralt, Dettlaff for example, who is much stronger than that, would beat Geralt, but it was other way around.

Yup, even a stone troll would have stomped Geralt in that case, or the Kayran, or Eredin, or Imlerith, etc.

It's funny how after people have post clear cut feats, a lot of viners stubbornly stick to opinions from 10 years ago.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eredin12

@pedrolopesmateus: Yea Regis can violenty shake huge underground chamber just as a side effect of trashing inside of cage and Dettlaff casually goes through 126 cm thick stone wall like through paper, which would take more energy than a tank shell, and Geralt then immediately after stopped his bloodlusted finishing blow meant for Regis just fine, among other things. I do not know much about Berserk so I do not have issues if people think Zodd is superior, I just disagree that 10 tons is enough to beat Geralt, that was like stuff from 10 years ago where some people thought Geralt is on Nightwing level lol.

PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@pedrolopesmateus: I do not know much about Bersek

You'll probably enjoy it, one of the best dark fantasy series.

@eredin12 said:

@pedrolopesmateus: I just disagree that 10 tons is enough to beat Geralt, that was like stuff from 10 years ago where some people thought Geralt is on Nightwing level lol.

Lmao, yup, 10 tons isn't enough to escape Yrden or break quen, to begin with.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tparks

@eredin12: I thought it was PLP who said it. Lol. I’m also not offended, I’m just saying it’s toxic and makes it not worth commenting further. I stopped reading when I got to that point in my alerts, and didn’t realize you even tagged me. I’ll delete my comment too, if you did yours.