Rules:

• Composite Geralt
  • In character
  • No prior knowledge
  • No prep time
  • Standard equipment
  • No Signs for Geralt
  • 20 meters of starting distance
  • The fight takes place in L:abirynth of Lost Souls. Simply replace Kassandra/Alexios with Geralt

Music:

#3 Posted by Reddsevil34 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Geralt still shitstomps. His body is still superhuman and he's still a highly trained swordsman with experience dealing with similar foes

#4 Posted by KingCrimson (5658 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt should take this with some difficulty.

#5 Posted by Pierpat (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt's strongpoints are his prep and his glyphs, you stripped both away.

That said, he's still a guy with nearly a century of experience in fighting stuff that is bigger and stronger than him, has superhuman stats and incredible skill.
He should take this.

#6 Posted by darthbane77 (2114 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt should have this with minor issues.

#7 Posted by o0Deadman0o (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt with light difficulty since you took his glyphs away. With them he babyshakes.

#8 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Geralt best feats from the Witcher 3 come without prep against detlaff, but for the most part I agree with your outcome.

#9 Edited by Doofasa (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Geralt wins in a moderately difficult fight. He's a tier above foes like this even without his glyphs.

#10 Posted by RandomGuy287 (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt

#11 Posted by Pierpat (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Geralt best feats from the Witcher 3 come without prep against detlaff, but for the most part I agree with your outcome.

While his feats against detlaff are truly amazing i still think that stuff like beating a vampire by just letting it suck your blood because you made it poisonus via a potion is awesome, so Geralt with prep is still a superior fighter than most preppers, even if obviously he's still quite good without prep.

#13 Posted by One_of_Two (88 posts) - - Show Bio

How superhuman is Geralt? The Minotaur was capable of smashing Precursor Stone with ease and that material is harder than steel.

#14 Edited by Pierpat (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

@one_of_two said:

How superhuman is Geralt? The Minotaur was capable of smashing Precursor Stone with ease and that material is harder than steel.

He has Blur/FTE speeds(deflects crossbow bolts, moves faster than eye can follow, blitzes numerous trained fighters), above human strenght to an unclear extent (likely he's just under 1 ton, he has broken bones with casual hits, beaten huge bears down to death with his fists and won struggles with trolls that could lob big rocks dozens of feet away). His durability and regen is good but nothing amazing, his pain tolerance is incredible though.
The Minotaur is surely stronger than him, but that's no novelty for Geralt, most of his previous opponents have been stronger than him.

#15 Posted by reaverlation (25881 posts) - - Show Bio

Geralt

#16 Posted by One_of_Two (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat said:

He has Blur/FTE speeds(deflects crossbow bolts, moves faster than eye can follow, blitzes numerous trained fighters), above human strenght to an unclear extent (likely he's just under 1 ton, he has broken bones with casual hits, beaten huge bears down to death with his fists and won struggles with trolls that could lob big rocks dozens of feet away). His durability and regen is good but nothing amazing, his pain tolerance is incredible though.

The Minotaur is surely stronger than him, but that's no novelty for Geralt, most of his previous opponents have been stronger than him.

Sounds similar to Kassandra and Alexios. He should be able to take down the Minotaur then.

#17 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: I do agree that it makes him way more badass

#18 Posted by phillip33 (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@one_of_two: I haven’t played the game, but I have a hard time believing that Cassandra or Alexios come anywhere near Geralt.

#19 Edited by One_of_Two (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: Oh, they are quite powerful. I think Odyssey has the strongest protagonists out of all the AC games so far.

I'll put this in spoilers in case you don't want the game spoiled but...

They have access to an Isu weapon in the form of Leonidas's Spear from the very get go. Said spear grants them healing, invisibility, temporary invulnerability, time slow, energy projection, the ability to shoot arrows that go trough matter and others.

A single kick from them can send a man flying several feet trough the air. They can take down a bear that is the size of an elephant (if you are high enough level, even bare handed). Their most impressive feat in my opinion is taking down the cyclops. Video of it here

#20 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

If AC oc could do it I don't see how Geralt doesn't.

He's faster and his sword is potent enough to cut Minotaur head off in one swipe. Geralt easily wins.

#21 Posted by Reddsevil34 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing it isn't Kratos vs Minotaur. We all know how that's gonna go down