Genos vs DCEU Superman

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#1 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5649 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Both are bloodlusted.
  • Genos isn't jobbing.
  • Fight takes place in an evacuated city. Starting distance 200 meters.

Round 1: Genos is Post Meteor.

Round 2: Post G4 Genos.

Round 3: Gouketsu Genos.

Bonus Round: Gouketsu Genos vs DCEU Superman and Doomsday.

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos

#3 Posted by Tony501 (714 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#4 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5706 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything post meteor I see genos winning

Any time before that and he becomes modern art

#5 Posted by Noone1996 (12729 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos stomps.

#6 Posted by Eobard21 (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos wins easily

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#7 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (5649 posts) - - Show Bio

bump!

#8 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably genos. Don't think supes has the speed to fully statue him and genos has powerful attacks I can see one shotting Clark.

#9 Posted by Batuxx28 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman easily.

#11 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos got punked by DSK and based on his feats I don't think he'd be able to hang with Clark, let alone a guy he stomped.

#12 Posted by BalancedTruth (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes easily

#13 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos got punked by DSK and based on his feats I don't think he'd be able to hang with Clark, let alone a guy he stomped.

Genos let his guard down. Genos has also been upgraded a few times since that fight.

#14 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@buildhare said:

Genos let his guard down. Genos has also been upgraded a few times since that fight.

Would need to be some pretty massive upgrades to make this close. Yes he let his guard down but he only did that because he was sufficiently outmatched in speed that he wasn't able to realize his attack did nothing and then was to slow to react to the blitz. I see no reason someone with better speed feats than DSK can't do exactly the same thing just quicker.

#15 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare:

Would need to be some pretty massive upgrades to make this close.

In a canon audiobook he supposedly 2 shotted the deep sea king in a simulation. I haven't read the audio book and only heard about it. Regardless even the weakest version of Genos did this:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

While superman did survive a nuke he was also left zombified by it. I don't see him shrugging off blasts of this magnitude.

Yes he let his guard down but he only did that because he was sufficiently outmatched in speed that he wasn't able to realize his attack did nothing and then was to slow to react to the blitz. I see no reason someone with better speed feats than DSK can't do exactly the same thing just quicker.

Out of curiosity does your knowledge of One-Punch Man stem from a debate on comicvine or have you read/watched the series? Because Genos never had an issue with the deep sea king's speed. The deep sea king rips his arm off because Genos underestimated him and thought he was dead which allowed the deep sea king to get the drop on him.

But Genos gets back up with one arm and begins trading blows with the deep sea king pretty evenly. In the Anime he seems to even have the edge even. But the deep sea king wins by spitting acid spit at a little girl which forces Genos to intercept it.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

For his current speed Genos was able to keep up with Garou and tag him, with Garou even admitting that he couldn't dodge all of genos attacks:

Admittedly Garou was in horrible condition, but when Garou was in the same condition as when he fought Genos he did deflect a bunch of Gatling bullets from death gatling who used a special technique to speed up rate of fire of his gun.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

So its still very impressive IMO.

#16 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

While superman did survive a nuke he was also left zombified by it. I don't see him shrugging off blasts of this magnitude.

Certainly not shrugging off but this isn't going to near on kill him or anything. A nuclear blast is more powerful than that attack (at least visually) to the point it's not comparable. Even if we disagree on how wide the speed disparity is I think we can probably agree Supes is faster, it seems unlikely a charge attack from Genos is the way to go here.

Out of curiosity does your knowledge of One-Punch Man stem from a debate on comicvine or have you read/watched the series?

One debate here and watching the series loosley (as in plot, I've seen all the fights). No real knowledge on the manga outside of DSK having feats that would be outliers for his show appearance. Given that I'm not really confident debating for Superman against Composite Genos because he could be wildly better than his show version.

Because Genos never had an issue with the deep sea king's speed. The deep sea king rips his arm off because Genos underestimated him and thought he was dead which allowed the deep sea king to get the drop on him.

In their exchange afterwards DSK is laughing while trading blows with him so I don't think Genos is really near him. Blitzing is blitzing. Having the drop is relevant but if they were equals that would not have been possible for DSK.

But Genos gets back up with one arm and begins trading blows with the deep sea king pretty evenly. In the Anime he seems to even have the edge even. But the deep sea king wins by spitting acid spit at a little girl which forces Genos to intercept it.

re; laughing. He doesn't get curbed like I remembered but DSK is toying with him for sure.

For his current speed Genos was able to keep up with Garou and tag him, with Garou even admitting that he couldn't dodge all of genos attacks:

when Garou was in the same condition as when he fought Genos he did deflect a bunch of Gatling bullets from death gatling who used a special technique to speed up rate of fire of his gun.

So its still very impressive IMO.

It's good but not out of the league of people like Origins Wade or DCEU WW. It should go without saying that is not going to be enough to keep up with Superman here.

#17 Posted by eri123 (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos stomps.

#18 Edited by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is faster than genos.

"Genos isn't jobbing" lol

#19 Posted by Zuriel-el (3779 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins. he is faster and stronger and more durable.

#20 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos all rounds easily Superman can’t survive his incinerator canons

#21 Posted by Sy8000 (36003 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare:

The Sea King is fodder to Genos, Genos literally effortlessly blasted him away. Arguing he was "forced" to go that route is baseless.

Superman is not staying conscious after Genos' blast nor is he fast enough to react to Genos who outruns his own beam and clowns the Sea King. You aren't comprehending the gap in tiers here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6fe3f211bb
#22 Posted by deactivated-5cd6fe3f211bb (353 posts) - - Show Bio

genos 10/10

#23 Posted by buildhare (8866 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000:

The Sea King is fodder to Genos,

No Caption Provided

Going off the version pictured in the OP this is obviously the dumbest possible take you could have. Not sure if you're sourcing this from the manga or hentai or something but all I'm struggling to comprehend here is how shit a statement that is.

#24 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos stomps.

#25 Posted by Sy8000 (36003 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: All that proves is Sea King can hurt Genos...in an actual fight Sea King is utterly helpless agains him without sneak attacks...

#26 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare:

Certainly not shrugging off but this isn't going to near on kill him or anything. A nuclear blast is more powerful than that attack (at least visually) to the point it's not comparable. Even if we disagree on how wide the speed disparity is I think we can probably agree Supes is faster, it seems unlikely a charge attack from Genos is the way to go here.

Genos has shown he can incorporate these blasts in hand to hand against the deep sea king. He has the physicals to slug it out with superman if need be. As for speed I am actually not sure. Superman has the one feat where he statues the league but in MOS he was tagged by gatling gunfire a couple of times whereas I already showed how Garou fared against a gun that was even faster than typical gatling gunfire.

As for the nuke what's the strongest attack superman has tanked and remained conscious from? Genos can't zombify superman like the nuke did but I don't think he needs to, to one shot. Superman pretty much regenerated with the sun. He likely would have died without the sun.

One debate here and watching the series loosley (as in plot, I've seen all the fights). No real knowledge on the manga outside of DSK having feats that would be outliers for his show appearance. Given that I'm not really confident debating for Superman against Composite Genos because he could be wildly better than his show version.

Well I was sticking to the manga because its mostly the primary source but in the anime Genos feat of destroying the house of evolution is even more impressive. It looks like he totally obliterates the mountain.

Loading Video...

In their exchange afterwards DSK is laughing while trading blows with him so I don't think Genos is really near him.

Pretty sure the deep sea king was smiling because he was a sadistic killer and enjoys causing people pain.

Blitzing is blitzing. Having the drop is relevant but if they were equals that would not have been possible for DSK.

Blitzing is charging an enemy before they can react. Its not impossible to get a drop on someone who is your equal or even superior.

re; laughing. He doesn't get curbed like I remembered but DSK is toying with him for sure.

I don't agree. Regardless the deep sea king mostly relies on scaling anyways.

It's good but not out of the league of people like Origins Wade or DCEU WW. It should go without saying that is not going to be enough to keep up with Superman here.

That feat is far above what Origins Wade can do. I still haven't seen wonder woman beyond a few clips (its on netflix now so that will change) but unless she has some secret OP speed feat from that movie she isn't as fast as Garou in that condition either. Not only is gatling gunfire a lot faster than regular machine gun's. IIRC minigunn's can fire up to 6000 rounds per minute. And death Gatling's attack fired those bullets that his gun was emptied instantly. The bullets look like a stream of energy:

No Caption Provided

Yet Garou deflected each individual bullet with his bare hands. Comparatively we've seen superman get tagged by bullets in MOS:

Loading Video...

You can argue this is a low-end feat, that's fine. But I really don't think superman could replicate what Garou did easily. I think if superman is faster than Genos its not by much. What Genos really has over superman is destructive power.

#27 Edited by Eeef (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos all rounds. Speed is the only key issue, that he will have problems with.

#28 Posted by zxc6 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos stomp

#29 Edited by AlphaQ (6741 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit confused why people are saying Superman is faster than Genos. Genos was keeping up with Garou, blitzing post-training Sonic and outpaced his canon that was much faster than a meteorite, although I'm not sure about the canonicity considering that chapter seems to have been redrawn.

@buildhare There's a world of difference between Wonder Woman and Wade, and between Wade and Garou. Wonder Woman's feat is the equivalent of blocking 200 Mach 2.67 attacks per minute for less than ten seconds while outpacing a gunman's aim, being generous. Wade's is, conservatively, the equivalent of 900 Mach 2 attacks per minutes while cutting the bullets up precisely enough to kill his attackers and maintaining omnidirectional perception through the reflections on his blades. Garou's feat, taking a very conservative estimate based on Death Gattling's weapon being equivalent to a real life gun, is still the equivalent to deflecting 6000 Mach 2.5 attacks per minute. Garou is literally thirty times faster than Wonder Woman.

#30 Edited by AbstractRaze (3149 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman takes it with mid diff to low difficulties.

#31 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: Yea not a chance, Genos is faster and his output is far greater.

#32 Posted by Mister_Stark (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

You can really tell who hasn't read OPM. Garou's speed feat> anything Superman has and Genos can match him. He's also a mountain buster well before his recent upgrades.

#33 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: Personally I wasn't sure about speed because of the way superman statues Wonder Woman. I don't think we've seen genos do anything quite like that. I think he can keep up regardless.

#34 Edited by TakenStew22 (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's only advantage is speed, and even then Genos is still pretty damn fast.

#35 Posted by AlphaQ (6741 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@alphaq: Personally I wasn't sure about speed because of the way superman statues Wonder Woman. I don't think we've seen genos do anything quite like that. I think he can keep up regardless.

The Wonder Woman feat isn't super clear in my mind considering she did tag him earlier in that fight and Steppenwolf did seem to be moving in slow motion, although he might've opted to tank her hit and perhaps Clark perceived SW as even slower than we did. I honestly prefer going by the initial conception the creative team had for the fight, which had bullets passing both Superman and Flash as they fought, which would show that bullets aren't a threat to them but that they're not stationary either. It's been a while since I saw the gif though and I can't find it easily. Still, judging by how Superman can blitz Diana, who can deflect Mach 2.6 bullets, it shows he leaves Mach 2.6 well behind.

For Genos, you could make the argument that he is supposed to be as fast as his canon even if the feat he has of doing that is no longer canon (which I assume to be the case considering they adapted the redrawn fight for the anime, so it takes precedence). Although even if you don't think that he was basically as fast as Garou, who could dodge Genos's canon after it was fired and pull off the Death Gatling feat. He also dodged many attacks from someone who could react to a surprise attack from Genos's canon, this face peeler guy. Genos was also dodging lasers that curve on their target but it would be weird for him to be able to do that but still get outpaced by the likes of Awakened Cockroach (also Murata, albeit not a canon source, thought Boros's telekinetic lieutenant could fire his blasts at sub-light speed, faster than Tats, and Genos/G4 shouldn't be on their tier).

One thing that does make an impression on me is a comparison between the Superman vs Zod fight and the Genos vs DSK one. Admittedly, Genos is now much faster, considering Sonic could blitz him back then, although when he wasn't expecting it. In the Zod fight they were crossing the city as a side effect and even went to space and back, whereas Genos and the DSK only went around a single building, and bystanders could appreciate the fight. Not a great look for Genos.

#36 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: I think superman probably let Diana tag him. With Steppenwolf I just assume superman put less effort into statuing him.

#37 Posted by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

Using Garou's feat to scale to Genos' speed won't allow Genos to be faster than Supes.

Then using Superman not even trying to block a bullet from two movies ago, when Genos has constantly been tagged by characters slower than Supes is awful.

#38 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8423 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: They way they presented Superman in JL was a totally different ballpark compared to how he was presented in previous movies. He was definitely amped, or written in a completely different way.

That and Superman's travel speed should go perfectly hand to hand with his combat speed, which people dont really look at.

Loading Video...

He should be able to deflect bullets the way Garou did, and should have a solid double digit mach combat speed.

#39 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal:

They way they presented Superman in JL was a totally different ballpark compared to how he was presented in previous movies. He was definitely amped, or written in a completely different way.

There's no mention of an amp in justice league so I don't really assume that to be the case. I think he just got better feats. People always do this weird thing with CBM or CW shows where a character gets a high end or low end feat in one movie/season to the next people argue a character got amped or nerfed. But I just think its a matter that writers don't put much thought into feats.

That and Superman's travel speed should go perfectly hand to hand with his combat speed, which people dont really look at.

Yea I know about the guidebook. Not sure if I really believe that because even in MOS his travel speed was insane but the most you could find for his combat speed was breaking the sound barrier. But IIRC he flew at like mach 200 during his first flight.

He should be able to deflect bullets the way Garou did. With relative ease tbh.

I've always been unsure about supermans ability to catch bullets in the DCEU. His showings in justice league are very impressive and his travel speed feats should suggest he could do that if we take the guidebook as truth. But than you have stuff like in MOS when he was tagged by bullets. Than you also have the fact that he was tagged by Doomsday who couldn't tag batman at certain points or the bat plane. I guess you can argue that against Doomsday superman wasn't 100% because of the fight with batman and later tanking the nuke.

I will say if we equate superman's combat speed with his travel speed than I guess he is to fast for Genos.

#40 Posted by Kirkseven (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It's mentioned that the mother box can augment a creatures cells in the movie, it's certainly possible he got a permanent amp of some kind.

I think Superman takes it.

#41 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos

#42 Posted by jashro44 (54825 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It's mentioned that the mother box can augment a creatures cells in the movie, it's certainly possible he got a permanent amp of some kind.

I think Superman takes it.

Do you have the quote? Regardless that sounds kind of vague. Superman was dead. Anything that improves on that can be considered an augmentation.