• Current Genos, Standard Galan

Fight Takes Place:

• Starting distance is 50 feet apart
  • Visible
No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Chronicplane (9409 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos takes it. Several times faster, and Galand has no energy durability feats worth mentioning. Genos vaporises him. Also has Higher physicals.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
#7 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos would have to keep his distance to have a chance here. Galand would slice him apart in CQC.

I don't know how well Genos would be able to keep his distance though because Galand is capable of traveling dozens of miles nigh instantly and outright blitzing lightening timers.

#8 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: I really don't see how Genos has higher physicals than someone who casually overpowered Meliodas, casually vaporized half a town in one swing, and was capable of destroying a large portion of a small mountain with a blow that's shockwave cut the top off mountains several miles away.

Genos energy output is obviously superior. But I question his ability to reliably tag Galand.

#9 Posted by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles:

I really don't see how Genos has higher physicals than someone who casually overpowered Meliodas, casually vaporized half a town in one swing, and was capable of destroying a large portion of a small mountain with a blow that's shockwave cut the top off mountains several miles away.

Post Goketsu Genos was capable to doing this against Elder centepede:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Keep in mind Second phase Elder Centipede was comparable to Mountains in term of sheer size, So Genos would have had Several mountains worth of thrust sending him forwarding, making this feat a Minimum of Mountain to Multi mountain. Even Metal bat could not scratch Elder centipede, and he himself is arguably Mountain Level.

Genos energy output is obviously superior. But I question his ability to reliably tag Galand.

NNT BoS characters aren't consistently fast from what I've heard, with all scaling relying on Mel Lightning timing at chapter 5, which could be argued as an Outlier. Anyway, Genos Laser is easily MHS in speed as it managed to cross hundreds of Meters/KM before a Meteor(which are at least Mach 33) managed to move any significant distance. Elder Centipede managed to react to this Laser quite casually, Yet Genos was easily moving too fast for the big guy. In fact, Elder centipede only tagged Genos once, and that was when Started to engage in H2H Combat(Which he doesn't do often). Though Genos managed to spam blasts at EC before he could move any notable distance:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Safe to say, Genos should easily be in the Mid Triple digit machs, and can keep up with Galand, if not outright blitz him, quite easily.

#10 Posted by EcoBlitz (5292 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: how is mel lightning timing an outlier when he does it more than once and casually at that even while holding back??

thats some downplay lmao.

#11 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8519 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand bisects him.

#12 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: 1) I'm sorry but having that large of a thrust trail does not mean that his striking is mountain or mountain + at all. I'm not sure how you even figured that was the case. And Metal Bat is like solidly City Block level. He has no feats anywhere near mountain level.

Genos is mountain to mountain+ in energy output but isn't anywhere near that in striking. Unless you can provide proof of actual striking on that level.

2) Your interpretation of NNT speed is dead wrong. Meliodas has several clear cut on panel cloud to ground lightening reaction feats while holding back in his lowest form. Galand out right blitzed him to the point where he was helpless. There is no inconsistency there at all.

This isn't even mentioning that Galand was able to move several dozen miles nigh instantly and return faster than Mel could even process much less react too.

Galand's feat could be quad digit mach but at the very least he is twice as fast as Mel which would put him at 600 mach minimum (2 x 300 mach). Genos doesn't have the speed feats to blitz him at all.

#13 Posted by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:

@vsw: how is mel lightning timing an outlier when he does it more than once and casually at that even while holding back??

thats some downplay lmao.

Didn't he get tagged by it repeatedly? Anyway he has no other feats at that level. Regardless Genos is still as fast if not faster.

Galand bisects him.

This implies Galand can do that before getting Vaporised, Which he can't. Plus Piercing attacks don't actually work on Genos as he can put himself back together(Slicing him in half Vertically might work though, But doesn't Galand always strike Horizontally? He did agaisnt Escanor which seems to be his fighting style).

#14 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos gets rekt...........again.

#15 Edited by TourneyMaster (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand is faster by a margin, and stronger possibly. God forbid Genos says some dumb shit in battle too. Anything a lie, as in stated out loud and not true, turns your ass to stone. Making shit talking or stating hyperbole in the middle of battle your worst enemy vs Galand.

#16 Edited by Qawsedf234 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw said:

This implies Galand can do that before getting Vaporised, Which he can't. Plus Piercing attacks don't actually work on Genos as he can put himself back together(Slicing him in half Vertically might work though, But doesn't Galand always strike Horizontally? He did agaisnt Escanor which seems to be his fighting style).

Genos is his old body can put himself back together, but his current manga body is purely focused on firepower rather than general utility so I don't think we can say he kept the feature. His current webcomic body also hasn't shown the ability to reconnect itself after being dismembered.

#17 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8519 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: Genos isn't nearly fast enough to be able to blitz Galan regardless, and a jumping bullrush from Galan would probably do him in. And yes, Galan does actually often go for horizontal slices, one of his go to moves is Critical Strike, a horizontal bisection attack.

#18 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: He only got tagged when he was a) severely holding back b) distracted or fighting multiple people. In fact the only time he got fully tagged was on purpose to help break the spell over the princess.

Also what the hell do you even mean he doesn't have other feats on that level?? He reacted to lightening on panel several times in base. It literally doesn't get more clear than that for establishing base line lightening level combat speed.

I mean does Mel need to revert to his unsealed base level and react to lightening again every few chapters for you to be happy?

#19 Posted by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles:

) I'm sorry but having that large of a thrust trail does not mean that his striking is mountain or mountain + at all. I'm not sure how you even figured that was the case.

Having severals Mountains worth of thrust/force focsued on a single point should be mountain level, But that would requite myself getting into Calcs which i dislike and it would take some time, so I'd rather just scale off of Metal bat.

And Metal Bat is like solidly City Block level. He has no feats anywhere near mountain level.

Metal bat Damaged Melzegard who could no sell the destruction of City A(Which is large enough to house multiple Mountains, may I Add).

2) Your interpretation of NNT speed is dead wrong. Meliodas has several clear cut on panel cloud to ground lightening reaction feats while holding back in his lowest form. Galand out right blitzed him to the point where he was helpless. There is no inconsistency there at all.

My knowledge of NNT isn't the best as i rarely debate for or against it, But Didn't Mel get tagged by it several times?

This isn't even mentioning that Galand was able to move several dozen miles nigh instantly and return faster than Mel could even process much less react too.

Travel speed. Doesn't apply to combat.

@vsw: Genos isn't nearly fast enough to be able to blitz Galan regardless, and a jumping bullrush from Galan would probably do him in. And yes, Galan does actually often go for horizontal slices, one of his go to moves is Critical Strike, a horizontal bisection attack.

I Misspoke, maybe Genos cannot full out blitz Galand, But in a contest of speed i lean towards the former. A Bullrush is a viable option, but does Galan resort to that frequently? And Yea, Horizontal slices won't really affect Genos, so i can see Galand Slicing Genos, letting his guard down, and then getting Vaporised.

#20 Posted by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles: @hittheassasin: Actually i just remembered myself and shirso have a debate about this Topic coming up in the next few month(s), So I'll refrain from replying as of right now. Of course feel free to do so yourselves, but don't expect a reply any time soon.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

#21 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand destroys

#22 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: 1) Melzegard resisted the destruction due to his regenerative capabilities not his durability so this is a moot point. Further Metal Bat was able to do exactly 0 lasting damage to him until he found the source of his regenerative power. Metal Bat has no feats on mountain level at all.

2) I explained this in a previous post.

3) Except it is combat applicable because he had to react to Merlin casting her spell (reaction speed). Then instantly move outside the spells range, then return to the battlefield before anyone could react (combat speed).

#23 Posted by Yray (627 posts) - - Show Bio

Current genos would win standard galan, but if galan gets the chance to go critical over then the result of the battle would depend on who hits who first

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
#24 Posted by Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

Galan blitzes him to dust unless someone can convince me Genos is faster

#25 Posted by Pierpat (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

Galan's feat against Merlin's tp puts him into the triple-quadruple digits, before going critical.
While i do believe genos is Hypersonic in his own regard, i don't believe he's that fast.

He's also lacking the durability feats to tank slashes thare are multi-mountain in power.
So... he gets cut in half. I'm sad for my robo-boy

#26 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8519 posts) - - Show Bio

@vsw: No problem, mate. That picture of Galan is really, really good, just as a side-note.

#27 Posted by SkySanji (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

Galan bisects him with this:

No Caption Provided

#28 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

The town in Galan's cracking the ground doesn't mean much, it's a visual sham at our viewpoint. Galan jumping out of Merlin's TP is also an outlier, stop using it already people.

With that said, Galan should still win this mid diff.

#29 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: Ok I'll bite.

1) We can clearly see the size of the slash he makes in comparison to the surrounding countryside? How is that a visual sham? Explain.

2) How is his avoidance of Merlin's spell an outlier when he has the limited number of showings? Does he have a contradictory feat that I'm not aware of?

#30 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

The town in Galan's cracking the ground doesn't mean much, it's a visual sham at our viewpoint.

How is it a sham? It's pretty clear that Galand's attack was town(max lowball)-city level at least. He should be at this level anyways considering combat oriented BOS Sins are town level at least.

Galan jumping out of Merlin's TP is also an outlier, stop using it already people.

Galand's jump was used as a means to avoid Merlin's spell, so he was likely using his Max speed. How is Galand having a Max speed of high 3 digit-low 4 digit mach inconsistent with him blitzing lightning timers? His casual speed is more likely mid-high 3 digit mach via blitzing BOS sins, but that doesn't mean we should disregard such a feat.

With that said, Galan should still win this low diff.

Yeah.

#31 Posted by Sy8000 (35758 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos lacks piercing durability. Galan just slices the air until he tags him.

#32 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles:

1) Not surprise your comprehension fails again. I'm talking about the red square of the town, Sky is trying to make it seem that crack made the town look small. Nothing to do with the countryside.

2) Taking 72 steps to camelot.

#33 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofruin6:

1) Talking about how the red square is irrelevant to that feat. Of course Galan is city level.

2) Even if it was at max speed, 1 jump could never be greater than 72 steps. Besides, it's a travel speed, him blitzing the gang is irrelevant.

#34 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth:

1) Nice of you to start out with attacks, typical.

The town highlighted is to highlight the length the shockwave traveled not the width. Besides anyone with two eyes can simply look at how wide the crack is in comparison to the town at the point where it lies perpendicular to the town instead of using the width in the foreground. That's like feat interpretation 101.

2) Except his travel to Camelot was casual, his reaction to Merlin's spell wasn't. We also don't know the distance he had to travel to Camelot, nor the amount of time it took.

This is like saying because it takes me 20 minutes to walk a mile there is no way that I could run 40yds in 5 seconds.

Comparing the two doesn't even make sense.

#35 Edited by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio
@man_of_miracles said:

@faradaysloth:

1) Nice of you to start out with attacks, typical.

Yeah, sure thing buddy, sorry if I hurt your feelings by the way.

The town highlighted is to highlight the length the shockwave traveled not the width.

Which wouldn't make sense because we don't even know the size of the town, thus making the red square would be meaningless...

2) Except his travel to Camelot was casual, his reaction to Merlin's spell wasn't.

One Jump doesn't equate to 72 Steps lol.

We also don't know the distance he had to travel to Camelot, nor the amount of time it took.

None of this is relevant (shockingly) because we (supposedly) already know how large Merlin's spell AoE is, and it exceeds Edinburgh, which Galan took off from to go to Camelot. Compare Edinburgh to the location where Camelot would be in real life Britain, the speed is Hypersonic+-High Hypersonic...

This is like saying because it takes me 20 minutes to walk a mile there is no way that I could run 40yds in 5 seconds.

Dumbest. Analogy. Ever.

Comparing the two doesn't even make sense.

You're right that analogy was ass.

#36 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofruin6:

1) Talking about how the red square is irrelevant to that feat. Of course Galan is city level.

Well the village buildings and the countryside as a whole are kinda obscure in the backround, so I thought it was worth pointing out. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

2) Even if it was at max speed, 1 jump could never be greater than 72 steps. Besides, it's a travel speed, him blitzing the gang is irrelevant.

The average human can jump much further than he/she can step. Galand was most likely stepping casually too considering he was just travelling to Camelot and not in combat, whereas the jump was an emergency which was performed in a combat situation.

#37 Posted by KingCrimson (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand is the kind of monster that Genos gets wrecked by to make Saitama look cool.

#38 Posted by WorldofRuin6 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles: We are both debating Faraday about the same subjects, so unless you want to drop out I will.

I hate debating multiple people about the same topics cuz it entails basically repeating the same mess over and over, and I bet Faraday does too.

#39 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand in a one sided stomp

#40 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofruin6: You are good to keep going, I don't have much more time for this today anyway.

#41 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofruin6: 1 Jump never equates to 72 steps, whether combat or not, whether emergency or not, whether casual walking or not.

#42 Edited by WorldofRuin6 (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth said:

@worldofruin6: 1 Jump never equates to 72 steps, whether combat or not, whether emergency or not, whether casual walking or not.

Yeah, and fictional characters can't react to lightning. Oh wait......

Saying that an emergency full power jump can't be greater than 72 casual steps with no evidence is baseless assumption. In the scans when Galand takes off for Camelot and lands in Camelot, we can see that Galand's 72 steps were meant to launch him up and forward, which would mean it would take more time for Galand to land again. If Galand jumped straight forward out of Merlin's radius with his full strength, he would have lost much less speed than if he had to slow down upon re-entry like his 72 step feat.

There are multiple reasons why Galand's jump is relevant, but you have just taken to using a form of real life logic that doesn't really apply when there could have been more than one factor in making Galand's jump consistent with his 72 step feat.

IE:

The step feat was casual, but the jump wasn't.

The steps would slow him down upon re-entry, but if Galand jumped straight, he wouldn't lose any speed in the process.

Humans can naturally jump much further than they can step.

On top of all of this, Galand being high(EDIT) 3 digit Mach would be completely consistent with him blitzing a Demon mark Mel even tho base Mel is a lightning timer.

Galand's jump feat is only applicable to his max travel speed anyways, so I don't know why this is such an issue.

#43 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18661 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand is the kind of monster that Genos gets wrecked by to make Saitama look cool.

#44 Posted by FaradaySloth (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth said:

Yeah, and fictional characters can't react to lightning. Oh wait......

Uh your point being?

Saying that an emergency full power jump can't be greater than 72 casual steps with no evidence is baseless assumption.

Saying a full powered jump can be greater than 72 steps that came out of nowhere, without any proof, is worse than a "baseless assumption"

In the scans when Galand takes off for Camelot and lands in Camelot, we can see that Galand's 72 steps were meant to launch him up and forward

Like a jump.

which would mean it would take more time for Galand to land again. If Galand jumped straight forward out of Merlin's radius with his full strength, he would have lost much less speed than if he had to slow down upon re-entry like his 72 step feat.

Yeah, not disagreeing with anything here, just that there is no way (and no proof nor logic) that Galan can go greater than 72 steps with one jump.

There are multiple reasons why Galand's jump is relevant, but you have just taken to using a form of real life logic that doesn't really apply when there could have been more than one factor in making Galand's jump consistent with his 72 step feat.

IE:

The step feat was casual, but the jump wasn't.

This proves nothing. You need to show me how a not casual jump suddenly travels greater distances than 72 steps.

The steps would slow him down upon re-entry, but if Galand jumped straight, he wouldn't lose any speed in the process.

Still proves nothing, in fact I just realize, in the page before Galan appears, you see him jump from the hill he was on. We see the destruction he causes when he lands, right?:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

How come the gang didn't notice when he landed on the hill then jumped right back up? I'm saying that it was because he was in constant motion (and he immediately goes right down to camelot, so the "slowing down" thing is kind of moot at this point)

take this into account and the fact he was fighting, there is still no way he should have that energy to make that much of a distance.

So yeah, even more proof that Galan shouldn't have been able to make that jump.

Humans can naturally jump much further than they can step.

Uh true, but I don't cross the distance that's greater than 72 steps of mine...

On top of all of this, Galand being high(EDIT) 3 digit Mach would be completely consistent with him blitzing a Demon mark Mel even tho base Mel is a lightning timer.

What Galan did was travel speed, not combat speed, him blitzing Meliodas is irrelevant.

Galand's jump feat is only applicable to his max travel speed anyways, so I don't know why this is such an issue.

Me too, it is travel speed, people however use it as a way to scale and treat it like a combat and reaction speed feat.

#45 Edited by vsw (2933 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles: as I said earlier, I'm CaVing this later so I was going to avoid replying, but you're first statement is off topic so I'll reply to it.

Even assuming Melzegard did in fact Regenerate after the destruction of city A. no matter what, Melzegard orbs would have had to survived the destruction, or Mel couldn't have regenerated . Metal bat then broke those Orbs. Hence Mountain level striking.

#46 Posted by ManimalMan (876 posts) - - Show Bio

Galand takes this via better overall stats

#47 Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving it to Galand virtually just off having better speed, better DC feats and durability.

Suiryu is a lightning timer, and we can assume that Genos would be faster with his upgrades (No proof that he is though.)
Galand has actually confirmed feats of CASUALLY blitzing lightning timers and even demon mark Meliodas who should be above lightning timing seeing as his base BOS form could react to ground lightning virtually.

Galand also has the feat of dodging Merlin's teleportation, he moved a distance of around 370 or so miles in around a second or so which is like a mach 2.5k+ feat.

This is a travel speed feat though, so doesn't matter TOO much.

#48 Edited by Streak619 (8040 posts) - - Show Bio

Genos wrecks him hard. Galan is slow.

#49 Edited by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619: How so? Genos can't scale to Atomic Samurai as he obviously isn't as fast and he can only really scale to base lightning timing seeing as Suiryu was capable of such things, Galand was casually blitzing lightning timers in base.

#50 Posted by ValorKnight (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Galan does to Genos what he did to Slader.