#101 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: TP= telepathy, I kinda new too since I started 2 months ago.

#102 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesage: I figured it was telepathy, but I just wanted to make sure for clarity sake. Why are we discussing anyone's resistance to telepathy when telepathy and genjutsu are not the same thing? Show me telepathic abilities in Naruto, because Bleach has something thts CLOSE but still not quite 'telepathy'

#103 Posted by Undre (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

@undre said:

@ultimatesage: He using the part sasuke cutt in half

Where are you getting this from?

He doesn't even mention madara here.

No Caption Provided

As much as a .Fan boy you are you should know this

Hes clearly coming from Madaras half

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#104 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz:

te·lep·a·thy

/təˈlepəTHē/

noun

the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.

synonyms:mind reading, thought transference;extrasensory perception, ESP;

clairvoyance, sixth sense;

psychometry

Now that that's out of the way, we got:

Genjustu is basically the equivalent of TP in the Naruto-verse.There are examples of genjutsu being used to control both the body and mind, connect people's thought across large distances, force people to reveal the truth, read people's minds etc.( I'mma post some feats later)

The yamanaka clan has telepathy just like Human Path but they don't have to put their hands on the person. You have Mind Body Switch Technique, Mind Body Disturbance Technique, Mind Disturbance Dance Performance Technique, Mind Clone Switch Technique, and Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique. They can also read emotions of others and feels them. They can read thoughts too.

#105 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesage: I figured we were using a much narrower definition of telepathy, as most genjutsu is illusion technique rather than actual mind tapping. It being the equivalent of TP doesn't make it ACTUAL TP, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to those later post because I think I can see a chink in the armor.

In my haste, I did forget the Yamanakas are telepaths, but tht is a technique unique to her clan. While it may be a Yin release jutsu, tht doesn't make it a genjutsu.

#106 Posted by Undre (2573 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Posted by Abc_voltage (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesage: it’s when he first appeared to the edo hokages hagoromo says he’s only able to emerge since the chakra from madaras lower half is finally one that’s it he then goes on to say he doesn’t have the power to use the jutsu he had in mind since he gave it away

#108 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

@undre said:

@ultimatesage: i see you ignored my post lol

You should be used to it. I have another life outside of ComicVine dude.

Do you remember the chapter since I can't seem to find it anywhere?

@ultimatesage: it’s when he first appeared to the edo hokages hagoromo says he’s only able to emerge since the chakra from madaras lower half is finally one that’s it he then goes on to say he doesn’t have the power to use the jutsu he had in mind since he gave it away

Do you remember the chapter it was in?

#109 Edited by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio
#110 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

Genjutsu has better feats and more uses, KS lasts a really long time and it's subtle, overall I'd go with Genjutsu

#111 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio
#113 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by Abc_voltage (74 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesage: not sure what exactly ur referring to as being common knowledge, just clarify a bit

#117 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: any counter for a TP based attack.

Tony Stark has one for example, his suit blocks all foreign telepathy based signals.

#118 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

@abc_voltage: Wow, so undre was right about something.

So sosp gramps used madara's lower that has ashura and indras together, he didn't do the Summoning jutsu in that body, he used it to come to the real world. So I'm still right:)

#119 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: you tagged me and said "KS works on everything with functioning sight" and I said that's common knowledge.

#120 Posted by Abc_voltage (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesage: he just uses the body to emerge he had the other kage power the jutsu since he didn’t have enough to do it

#121 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: ok so Stark is immune to ALL forms of illusionary techniques, including any cast by magic? Not sure what tht means because then no genjutsu based ability from either universe would work on him, including all Sharringan/Rinnegan genjutsu....

#122 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: Genjutsu wouldn't work on Tony. Neither would KS.

He's fought off much stronger TP user's than Aizen.

#123 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: Yes, I realized thts the point ur making, but not sure how it’s relevant to the thread. It just answer the question of ‘what if Tony Stank were here?’ lol

#124 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: you said it works with anyone who has eye sight, I said not if they have counters like Tony Stark.

The Sharigan and other dojutsu can see through TP based attacks as well.

#125 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

How did Tony Stark get involved in this?

#126 Posted by Gilateen (3478 posts) - - Show Bio

Genjutsu has more feats then Kyoka Suigetsu.

#127 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesage: tht what I was addressing, not or less with my last post

#128 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: Stark is FAR more technologically advanced than Naruto, and may have found a way to do tht. Naruto characters don’t have tht perk.

I feel it’s only appropriate to stop calling GENJUTSU, an illusionary technique used to assault the senses TELEPATHY, a mind to mind connection tht disregards senses to establish a mental link. Genjutsu is TP in only the broadest sense of TP

#129 Posted by UltimateSage (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

@undre:

@ultimatesage: he just uses the body to emerge he had the other kage power the jutsu since he didn’t have enough to do it

So how did you get he used madara's body to preform the jutsu undre.

#130 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: Genjutsu is a TP attack, it attacks the senses it's a mind based attack.

#131 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: Like I said, only in the broadest sense. Genjutsu is requires the connection be established through one of the senses. TP has no such requirement, is direct mind linking. The Yamanakas are basically the only TP users in Naruto

#132 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: No, KS is not telepathy. I’d say closest Bleach has to TP is Bakudo 77, and I could even argue tht it’s not full TP

#134 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: I don't see your point.

Both are mind based attacks. Genjutsu is probably stronger and that's what this thread is asking.

#135 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: my point is tht NEITHER is TP, so stop calling them tht. Genjutsu are sensory attacks tht fool ur mind, and being a mind altering attack does not instantly make it TP. Cleared?

I’ll say Naruto has genjutsu tht has a greater range, and they display their genjutsu talents more, but in terms of efficiency, KS takes it. The only genjutsu tht compare in power are extremely hard to perform, some taking plotting several years in the making, others not being usable again, all with outs tht don’t require the initial caster.

#136 Posted by maestromage (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitman Reborn Illusions slap both

OT: it’s hard to say. Obviously KS beats fodder genjutsu, but then there’s stuff like Tsukuyomi and Kotoamatsukami which are pretty nutty. If we’re only talking about the strongest genjutsu then I might give them the edge (versatility and can do more than “trick people”) but speaking overall, I might have to give it to KS because most Genjutsu is as powerful.

#137 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: KS has never once done some of this things that Genjutsu has, it's clear which is more effective.

Also they're both TP.

#138 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@maestromage: agreed Mukuro’s eye is hax, if only it packed the same punch. By and large, one of my fav ocular abilities

#139 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: List the specific genjutsu you’re referring to, and I’ll prove you didn’t comprehend all of the posts I made to you.

What justifies them being TP in ur opinion, because they aren’t in mine. I gave the exception of 2 things, tht I’d consider TP from each verse. Show me other ppl displaying Yamanaka levels of ‘TP’ and I’ll explain why they aren’t😉

#140 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: They're mind based attacks.

Making them TP attacks.

#141 Posted by maestromage (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: It’s not just his eye, by the end of the series they were doing some frankly nonsense things. Like making “real” illusions that can harm people and then making “real” illusions that can take down the strongest guys in the verse, illusions that can trick machines, and then they got tech that actually just made their illusions into reality lmao. Absolutely bonkers.

#142 Posted by silentNightz (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: nope, already explained ‘mind based’ and ‘telepathic’ are two very different things. Genjutsu relies on chakra making it magic at best, TPS have no such requirement, thts the biggest difference.

#143 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@silentnightz: Genjutsu does not rely on chakra, unless you me the user has to use chakra to use Genjutsu.

But if you mean the target needs chakra to fall into Genjutsu you're wrong.

Both are mental attacks and are subsequently TP attacks.

#144 Posted by gabrielbelmont (795 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, genjutsu needs chakra to work, this was said in the manga itself.

#145 Posted by maestromage (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: Not to intrude on your debate, but would you consider illusions TP out of interest? Because they also affect your mind and are a kind of mental attack.

#146 Edited by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@gabrielbelmont: no they don't that was disproved in this very thread.

The manga also doesn't state that you're miss interpreting what it says

#147 Edited by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@maestromage: depends on the illusion, if it's all in the person head yes.

If the illusion is real and everyone can see it like Mysterio then no.

#148 Posted by maestromage (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

@tetsukage: I think most people would say that’s illusions are different from TP but I suppose your stance is not unreasonable.

I suppose the next question would be what if you can do both with the same power (e.g. Hitman Reborn illusions)? Surely the same power wouldn’t sometimes be TP and sometimes not?

#149 Posted by FaradaySloth (8536 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto fans- Don’t know how KS works

Bleach fans- Wanking KS

This thread in a nutshell.

#150 Posted by Tetsukage (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@maestromage: if you can do both i'd still call it TP because you're able to effect a single persons mind.