Genjutsu (Naruto) vs KS (Bleach)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c97780a71ae4
deactivated-5c97780a71ae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Considering that other thread got took down i figured i'd put this one up cause i was enjoying the show.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was probably deleted by the OP with good reason, also this thread already exists.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godren

Comparing KS and Genjutsu in 2019 lmfao, you'll only see this still on CV.

The only similarity between the two is they're a form of mind manipulation, although Naruto has nothing like KS which is total and complete hypnosis. Genjutsu does exist in Bleach anime filler though via Koga Kuchiki.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

KS is apparently Genin level Genjutsu

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60ecae36801
deactivated-5c60ecae36801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until KS can do the following don't @ me.

• Make someone live their entire life within 1/1000000000000th of a second.
  • Alter reality
  • Effect an entire planet, including people with TP resistance feats.

Genjutsu stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/westwood_trevor/blog/naruto-why-genjutsu-works-on-people-without-chakra/132475/

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/can-genjutsu-be-used-on-characters-without-chakra-1595542/

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:

@limitlesssigil said:

@ezrael: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/can-genjutsu-be-used-on-characters-without-chakra-1595542/

LMAO you're argument got shut down in that thread tooo.

Jesus you need to open them eyes son.

Last response I'm making, KS is like combining every Genjutsu into one and then throwing in steroids.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was probably deleted by the OP with good reason, also this thread already exists.

yeah it did get derailed pretty heavily also i just figured i'd make a new thread anyway attract more people to the discussion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:

@limitlesssigil: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/westwood_trevor/blog/naruto-why-genjutsu-works-on-people-without-chakra/132475/

Lmao you guys tagged each other at the exact same time.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

That's just crap Naruto debaters on CV spew to try and belittle Bleach in every way possible lmao.

You can just as easily call it useless via Genjutsu never being shown to work on spirits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:

@limitlesssigil said:

Last response I'm making, KS is like combining every Genjutsu into one and then throwing in steroids.

Injecting it with roids, you don't toss stuff in roids.

@ezrael said:

Until KS can do the following don't @ me.

• Make someone live their entire life within 1/1000000000000th of a second.
  • Alter reality
  • Effect an entire planet, including people with TP resistance feats.

Genjutsu stomps.

Rekt

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

@limitlesssigil said:

@godren said:

That's just crap Naruto debaters on CV spew to try and belittle Bleach in every way possible lmao.

You can just as easily call it useless via Genjutsu never being shown to work on spirits.

Lol, I'd love to see their attempt at countering this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a
deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Man, another one.

Both control five senses - Kyoka suigetsu is featless against anyone with illusion resistance. Sharingan, on the other hand, is not. It can also be used to hypnotize and take opponents out of commission.

READ THE GODDAMN LINK!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil:

No Caption Provided

Man, another one.

Both control five senses - Kyoka suigetsu is featless against anyone with illusion resistance. Sharingan, on the other hand, is not. It can also be used to hypnotize and take opponents out of commission.

READ THE GODDAMN LINK!!

Just in case you still don't understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesage: what can i say i was enjoying the debate so i made this thread to continue it

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil: 'Spirits' in Bleach age, die, produce offspring, have normal organs, bleed and can be interacted with by the human world. They even have brains.

In terms of the way they interact with each other and the human world there is no reason at all to think that Genjutsu wouldn't effect them. Outside of obvious bias.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesssigil: 'Spirits' in Bleach age, die, produce offspring, have normal organs, bleed and can be interacted with by the human world. They even have brains.

In terms of the way they interact with each other and the human world there is no reason at all to think that Genjutsu wouldn't effect them. Outside of obvious bias.

Except they're made of a completely different form of matter, and exist in a different plane of existence. Being able to age is irrelevant which is only because of their high amounts of energy they need to replenish it.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I explained the difference in the other thread way before the flame war began but nobody paid attention. This will probably end being another flame war cuz people can't debate w/o throwing insults smh.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll just repost this here.

In the Novel Shusui stated that his Mangekyou allowed him to side step some of the requirments for genjutsu but this only seems exclusive to Shusui’s Kotoamatsukami since Itachi’s MS and Sasukes EMS were still required to make eye contact with Kabuto to use genjutsu so that means it also needs to affect the flow of chakra to work.

KS has no such limits and can work on supernatural sensing abilities and one’s sense of time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: What's not relevant is what their made from, they both have brains, senses, nerve networks, blah, blah, blah.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@godren: Not sure if you are aware but this battle forum has an equalization rule so they don't 'exist in a different plane of existence' for the purposes of this example.

And again, humans are capable of interacting with them so them being 'made of different matter' doesn't have any bearing on whether they can be interacted with.

But I already know it's pointless to argue with you. I mean in another thread you claimed that Ywach is at least solar system level, so frankly you are a joke.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:

@godren: What's not relevant is what their made from, they both have brains, senses, nerve networks, blah, blah, blah.

Besides looking the same, do you have any actual proof? you're entire argument relies on appearance which doesn't matter at all.

Quincy are the closet things to human.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Godren

@man_of_miracles said:

@godren: Not sure if you are aware but this battle forum has an equalization rule so they don't 'exist in a different plane of existence' for the purposes of this example.

This isn't how verse equalization works, verse equalization puts them on neutral field so similar abilities can work on one another. I bet you think anyone can look at someone like Cthulhu via verse equalization huh?

And again, humans are capable of interacting with them so them being 'made of different matter' doesn't have any bearing on whether they can be interacted with.

Except normal humans can't derp.

But I already know it's pointless to argue with you. I mean in another thread you claimed that Ywach is at least solar system level, so frankly you are a joke.

Lmao you think I give a shit what you think about me on the internet? keep your feeling to yourself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren:

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Godren

@ezrael said:

@godren:

@man_of_miracles said:

Why did you repeat irrelevant information? show me a scan of it working on spirits. i'm sure you can find one in the war arc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: You're not getting anywhere, nothing you said shows that it wouldn't work.

you brought this up first, it's on you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll just repost this here.

In the Novel Shusui stated that his Mangekyou allowed him to side step some of the requirments for genjutsu but this only seems exclusive to Shusui’s Kotoamatsukami since Itachi’s MS and Sasukes EMS were still required to make eye contact with Kabuto to use genjutsu so that means it also needs to affect the flow of chakra to work.

KS has no such limits and can work on supernatural sensing abilities and one’s sense of time.

You can keep on posting as many times as you want, since you don't seem to understand it yourself.smh

The requirement that koto step sides is the eye sight requirement one, since you need eye contact for sharingan genjutsu to work. Koto doesn't need eye contact to work.

Kotoamatsukami is a powerful but subtle mind-controlling genjutsu that belonged to the Mangekyou Sharingan of Uchiha Shisui. The Sharingan’s eye of hypnosis holds the power to dominate the will of its target with that of the caster’s at its highest level, suppressing the victim’s consciousness to force them to do whatever the caster desires. Kotoamatsukami is that very ability taken to even greater heights.

It controls the target by implanting an idea into their mind and reshapes their thoughts and decisions with false experiences to make them believe that the idea is entirely their own. The victim would obey Shisui’s command without realising they were being manipulatedwhile perfectly rationalizing their future decisions based that implanted thought. Kotoamatsukami is not even an ongoing genjutsu; it takes only seconds for the illusion to warp the victim’s mind to follow the caster’s bidding after it has been activated.

Once the command takes root, the jutsu ends without leaving any trace of its existence within their chakra system to detect or counter, so the caster does not need to maintain it. And unlike practically every other genjutsu cast by the Sharingan, eye contact is not a necessary requirement to effect an individual. As long as they are within the eye’s line of sight, they are a potential target.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:

@godren: You're not getting anywhere, nothing you said shows that it wouldn't work.

It's never worked on spirits, nor has it ever been implied too. Just post a single scan of it working on a spirit. I can show KS working on spirits and humans :).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

It's never worked on spirits, nor has it ever been implied too. Just post a single scan of it working on a spirit. I can show KS working on spirits and humans :).

This implies that Naruto and Bleach spirits are the same when Naruto spirits are pure energy and Bleach spirits are made of physical matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: Ichigo's physiology hasn't changed at all when it comes to how his basic senses and mind works.

You don't have an argument, it's more of a attempt to save face.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:

This implies that Naruto and Bleach spirits are the same when Naruto spirits are pure energy and Bleach spirits are made of physical matter.

Spiritual matter is not physical matter.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KS has never caused any physical or mental damage, nor do anything besides show illusions.....fodder Genjutsu have physically blinded, taken over people's bodies, put massive amount of people under hypnosis, completely controlled people, killed people, and can manipulate the soul.......this isn't even the high-end Genjutsu that can seal, reality warp, zombify, etc.

Bleach fanbase and practically every user that debates for it is utter cancer.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is getting nowhere why are people so hung up on genjutsu working on soul reapers, even if it did(I'm not saying it does) it wouldn't be that effective as soul reapers have another soul with them kinda like a jinchuriki (their zanpaktou) that can sense this and fluctuate their spirit pressure to get them out of it.

KyokaSuigetsu on the other hand only has to be seen released and your in it and the only way to get out would be to be touching the blade itself. It also can stay active for at least 100 years as long as you have seen it.

A lot of people on CV like to call KS the same as basic genjutsu which is false. They are not the same, do similar things but are not the same please stop equating them as such.

I don't care about which is better. SMH.

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genjutsu wins. It does whatever KS Does.

Genjutsu Has more feats too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invadedtbd:

This is getting nowhere why are people so hung up on genjutsu working on soul reapers, even if it did(I'm not saying it does) it wouldn't be that effective as soul reapers have another soul with them kinda like a jinchuriki (their zanpaktou) that can sense this and fluctuate their spirit pressure to get them out of it.

This doesn't allways work, Obito controlled a Jin for years, IT worked on perfect jins.

KyokaSuigetsu on the other hand only has to be seen released and your in it and the only way to get out would be to be touching the blade itself. It also can stay active for at least 100 years as long as you have seen it.

Longevity =/= potency

A lot of people on CV like to call KS the same as basic genjutsu which is false. They are not the same, do similar things but are not the same please stop equating them as such.

They do the same shit, KS just lasts a long time.

I don't care about which is better. SMH.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hope_w said:

KS has never caused any physical or mental damage, nor do anything besides show illusions.....fodder Genjutsu have physically blinded, taken over people's bodies, put massive amount of people under hypnosis, completely controlled people, killed people, and can manipulate the soul.......this isn't even the high-end Genjutsu that can seal, reality warp, zombify, etc.

Bleach fanbase and practically every user that debates for it is utter cancer.

pretty much agree with this tho i dont think the potency of KS should be underestimated it may work the same as a regular Genjutsu but its potency would be far higher

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:

@godren: Ichigo's physiology hasn't changed at all when it comes to how his basic senses and mind works.

Is this some dumb joke? you're using Ichigo as the basis of your argument? Ichigo is not a Shinigami. It's funny because even here you're wrong because Ichigo literally doesn't have a heart and he's walking around completely fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:
@ezrael said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait hold on hold on hold on HOLD ON!

So according to you guys(bleach fans), IT doesn't work on bleach characters because it didn't work on the edo tensei hokages.( was said by you guys)

Kabuto was able to put an edo tensei itachi in a genjutsu, why wouldn't it work on bleach characters if their the same as edo tensei according again to you guys?

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

You got to pick one side and stay there, dude.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:
@ezrael said:

Is this some dumb joke? you're using Ichigo as the basis of your argument? Ichigo is not a Shinigami. It's funny because even here you're wrong because Ichigo literally doesn't have a heart and he's walking around completely fine.

And yet he's comparable to any SR.....

The only joke here is you.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren said:
@ezrael said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait hold on hold on hold on HOLD ON!

So according to you guys(bleach fans), IT doesn't work on bleach characters because it didn't work on the edo tensei hokages.( was said by you guys)

Kabuto was able to put an edo tensei itachi in a genjutsu, why wouldn't it work on bleach characters if their the same as edo tensei according again to you guys?

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

You got to pick one side and stay there, dude.

No Caption Provided

The hell you talking about? that's a weakness for IT. also Edo are not like bleach character the hell. the closest thing to that is god damn gigai.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valorknight: I never once flip flopped lmao.

Also this post is Genjutsu….. Are those not genjutsu? Ok so hop off.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael said:
@godren said:
@ezrael said:

And yet he's comparable to any SR.....

The only joke here is you.

This isn't an argument, what are you even trying to say?

Ichigo was consistently called a disappointment at being a Shinigami, what does this even have to do with anything were arguing right now? he's a Quincy/Hollow/Fullbringer/Shinigami/Human he's legit the same race as God in Bleach which is legit everything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren:

It doesn't matter, his mind is that of a human, and he's comparable to any other SR.

You're trying way to hard to make this fact disappear

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael: refrain from tagging me, I refuse to debate with you because when you are losing in a debate you start to spam flag people and a debate with you will only lead to insults being thrown. Im not here for that. So please don't tag me anymore. Thanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invadedtbd: I've not once flagged anyone on CV.

And if you read the rules, when you get karma you deserved it, Don't blame me for others flagging you.