General Maximus(Gladiator) vs Achilles (Troy)

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theicon

Who wins  and why.......Each  know of the other's legend Greece is invading Rome.....both men meet in the arena......animals allowed   

No Caption Provided

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fire-brand

gah, this is really close. maximus has faced much more challenging opponents (tigris in a rigged match) and come out the victor. plus, maximus is a gladiator. gladiator had brutally short life expectancies, so for him to last as long as he did is evidence of his skill. that being said, achilles is faster, younger, and has just as much experience. however, having seen what maximus went through, plus the fight that hector put up, i'd have to say maximus wins 6-7/10. maximus, with full knowledge of who he is facing, will not mess around or underestimate achilles.

NiKKaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles is very skilled: mobility, shield defense and offense are very high, swiftness of blade is high also, finesse.

Maximus was a very efficient killer, tactical, alert, rugged.

I will go for Achilles his movement will create openings that gladiator will not be able to stop.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Achilies wins

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

close fight imo toss up

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is close but Achilles vs. Theseus and its a stomp.

Y u do dis CV?

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Achilles.

SirDmanIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles will take it. Faster and more skilled. The fight will pan out pretty much the same as his fight versus Hector.

LyingCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is close, but i think Maximus would win.

It's true that Achillies is faster and more skilled, but he is too cocky. Scene in my head: Maximus lying on the ground, totally defeted ... Achillis standing on top of Maximus, full of himself, taking some time before killing Maximus, so he can celebrate his victory ... In that point Maximus would found half of an spear in the sand (as he did in Gladiator, when he was thinking of killing Commodus) and hit Achillis in the heel. The end. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lyingcat said:

This one is close, but i think Maximus would win.

It's true that Achillies is faster and more skilled, but he is too cocky. Scene in my head: Maximus lying on the ground, totally defeted ... Achillis standing on top of Maximus, full of himself, taking some time before killing Maximus, so he can celebrate his victory ... In that point Maximus would found half of an spear in the sand (as he did in Gladiator, when he was thinking of killing Commodus) and hit Achillis in the heel. The end. :)

When has he ever shown himself to be cocky?? Ever? I don't remember him being cocky against Boagrius who he could have ran rings around if he wanted to. He wasn't cocky storming the beach of Troy with 50 men. He could be considered somewhat cocky when he faced Hector in the temple but really that was just movie dialogue, and also, he wouldn't be delaying this fight in the same way he delayed that fight with Hector. There really isn't anything solid to go on to suggest Achilles is cocky in fights. He is anything but cocky.

Also, you basically just described Maximus winning through a plot device.....

Achilles should win. He's better in every important area.

LyingCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: After Achillis stormed the beach with 50 men, he met Hector in the temple of Apollo and what did he say to him: '' Why kill you now prince of Troy, when there is nobody here to see you fall?''. For me this is cocky. I just think that the biggest flaw of Achillis is this craving for fame.

You are right about the plot device. Maybe Maximus would just bite him in the heel. (just joking :) )

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lyingcat said:

@i_like_swords: After Achillis stormed the beach with 50 men, he met Hector in the temple of Apollo and what did he say to him: '' Why kill you now prince of Troy, when there is nobody here to see you fall?''. For me this is cocky. I just think that the biggest flaw of Achillis is this craving for fame.

So.. Achilles is going to deliberately run away from Maximus until he has a crowd to watch them fight? Is that what you're saying?

They're in an arena in this fight anyway so the non-existent cockiness isn't an issue anyway. Achilles is just better and wins.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Achilles wins, but Maximus is more badass.

Gambit1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles wins and he's cooler by leagues

LordDamian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achilles is younger and faster, has better balance, skills and offensive. He wins 7/10.

Maximus Decimus Meridius wins 3/10, because:
2/10 Maximus is an excellent gladiator, he doesn't give up and with a little luck he can deliver a surprising decisive blow.
1/10 Achilles is cocky and he fights for fame. "Get up, Prince of Troy! I won't let a stone rob me of my glory!"