• 54 results
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Grievous never was injured by Windu and the duel happens in the same location as it did in Episode 3 (where Grievous died at).

MrPhil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrPhil123

Ah, the fight I would have loved to see in the movie.

I'm giving it to Grievous here, though it would be a good battle. If he was capable of defeating 5 jedi at once (one of them being a master) without even going all out, dodging continual gunfire from a clone battleship and easily beating Durge (sp?) and Ventress simultaneously, I just don't see him losing.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greivous would stomp obi, hell he would stomp obi and anakin. He was unstoppable before his injury

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467

Same outcome. Grievous was no more or less formidable before the Battle of Coruscant as he was afterward. Obi-Wan still wins.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Didn't Grievous fight Obiwan one on one in the Clone Wars tv show? I never watched it, but I seem to remember seeing a commercial of some sorts of the two fighting. Wasn't Grievous at good health during this series? What was the outcome of the battle?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@BiteMe-Fanboy: From what I have seen, all of Obi-Wan and Grievous' duels during TCW have been inconclusive.
_Son_of_War_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Son_of_War_

I wonder, why don't normal Jedi do to Grevious what Mace did to him? Was it ever explained?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@_Son_of_War_ said:
I wonder, why don't normal Jedi do to Grevious what Mace did to him? Was it ever explained?
Lack of opportunity and power, not to mention the general notion that a damaging telekinetic power of the type Mace employed is considered a dark side variant (despite there being no basis for how the Rise of the Empire era Jedi delineated Force powers into light and dark aspects, but this simply speaks of their incorrect traditional views). Also the fact that Mace's TK in the original CW show was exaggerated to an absurd degree. He has never displayed the telekinetic abilities in any other works that he did in that show and has in fact shown limitations far beneath what was portrayed there.
Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayfournines

Didn't this actually happen?

_Son_of_War_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Son_of_War_
@Silver2467: I figured the whole "Light/Dark" moral view would be a factor, but TK limitations? I've seen Obiwan lift dumpster sized pieces of metal with his TK (In his battle with Grievious to be exact). I always assumed that was basic, but I'm not a huge Star Wars genius so I don't know quite that much.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@_Son_of_War_ said:
but TK limitations? I've seen Obiwan lift dumpster sized pieces of metal with his TK (In his battle with Grievious to be exact). I always assumed that was basic, but I'm not a huge Star Wars genius so I don't know quite that much.
Ah, you meant just lifting and throwing Grievous? Jedi have done that before. I thought you meant damaging Grievous' armor plates, because that is outside the capacity of some Jedi to do with the Force.
Avatar image for decepticondave_
decepticondave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By decepticondave_

close battle, obi barely beat him in the movie and it was a PiS win if you ask me, grevious was stomping him...and lolrandom blaster on the floor....lol

_Son_of_War_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Son_of_War_
@Silver2467: Yea, I always wondered why they don't just lift him up in the air and throw him over a cliff or something (Well...if a cliff is available of course...). Someone argued that it was because of something about magnets on his feet on some thread, don't remember which one though.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@_Son_of_War_: Grievous does have magnetic clamps on his feet. This is how he has run up and down steep surfaces or stationed himself in place while meeting turbulence.
_Son_of_War_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Son_of_War_
@Silver2467: Well, I guess that explains the situations where he was vulnerable.

As for the thread, I'm going with Obiwan.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

I seen this fight. Obi won easily.
ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By ImmortalOne

Obi-Wan has the force. He rips Grievous apart.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@ImmortalOne said:

That doesn't mean anything. Grievous has killed dozens of jedi masters (even when it was 4 jedis against him). Skilled jedis. Obiwan could perhaps win through a tough hard fought battle, but easily winning is out of the question.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

Obi-Wan wins, like he did in Revenge of the Sith.

@ImmortalOne said:

That really doesn't account to much. Physically, Obi-Wan cannot rip Grievous apart, and he doesn't absolutely stomp. Even with the Force, he can't use it to rip Grievous apart without being attacked first.

@decepticondave_ said:

close battle, obi barely beat him in the movie and it was a PiS win if you ask me, grevious was stomping him...and lolrandom blaster on the floor....lol

It wasn't PIS..... It wasn't a random blaster at all... it was Grievous' blaster that had been knocked out of his hands earlier in the brawl.

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

Greivous would stomp obi, hell he would stomp obi and anakin. He was unstoppable before his injury

Absolutely incorrect. Grievous doesn't stomp Obi-Wan in his prime, definitely not Anakin and Obi-Wan. He isn't unstoppable, he never was. If you're counting the EU, then you are horribly horribly horribly wrong.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Trinity00

Stalemate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

In the clone wars cartoon grievous 90% of the time stalemates Obi-Wan in a 1 v.s 1 battle, and that's before he get's damage to his lungs.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

In the clone wars cartoon grievous 90% of the time stalemates Obi-Wan in a 1 v.s 1 battle, and that's before he get's damage to his lungs.

His injury really only made him cough. It really didn't impair his fighting, so both in their prime Obi-Wan emerges victorious. Most of the fights were stalemates because they didn't end properly, escape, help, or something else. I mean, Obi-Wan has defeated Ventress before, she has taken on both him and Anakin before, yet Grievous has been defeated by Ventress as well on Dathomir.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

His injury really only made him cough. It really didn't impair his fighting, so both in their prime Obi-Wan emerges victorious. Most of the fights were stalemates because they didn't end properly, escape, help, or something else. I mean, Obi-Wan has defeated Ventress before, she has taken on both him and Anakin before, yet Grievous has been defeated by Ventress as well on Dathomir.

Him losing to her in a saber fight in Dathomir is pure PIS, he's stomped her before, and he out classes her in every way it should have been impossible for her to even have hurt him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

Him losing to her in a saber fight in Dathomir is pure PIS, he's stomped her before, and he out classes her in every way it should have been impossible for her to even have hurt him.

It wasn't really PIS. I was just bringing that up, not really relevant anymore to this thread. He doesn't outclass her in every way. Honestly, provide something that really proves he is on par with Obi-Wan and that they would stalemate.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

It wasn't really PIS. I was just bringing that up, not really relevant anymore to this thread. He doesn't outclass her in every way. Honestly, provide something that really proves he is on par with Obi-Wan and that they would stalemate.

He's physically stronger and faster, blocking four light sabers with one is PIS too, grievous could have used two to attack obi and the other two to cut him in half.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

He's physically stronger and faster, blocking four light sabers with one is PIS too, grievous could have used two to attack obi and the other two to cut him in half.

No, its not. You obviously do not understand his form, Form III: Soresu, the most defensive of all forms. Darth Zannah has defended from monstrous attacks from an enhanced enemy before in the Darth Bane series, Obi-Wan is stated by Master Windu to be "Not only a master of Soresu, but the master of Soresu". His expertise in it has been demonstrated many times. Obi-Wan's enhanced precognition and reflexes would allow him to block all four of Grievous' blades, that maneuver won't cut him in half. Obi-Wan still has a plethora of Force Powers, Form I, IV, VI to fall back on if need be, and his cunning and strategy.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mad8Baller

Stalemate like all the times during the freaking Cartoon Clone Wars.
Grievous's style is unorthodox and leaves openings but he doesn't ever have to worry because of how he is basically a giant robot.
Meanwhile Obiwan still follows a little of his old Ataru style that Quigon taught him so he is highly nimble but he massively uses Soresu which is all out defensive and is only really countered by Juyo and that's only when Obiwan was an old man who couldn't block Vader's high powered strikes without being knocked backwards.
So in the end, it should be a giant tie but with a heavy advantage in Grievous's favor since Obiwan is paying more attention to movement and defense while Grievous has all the chances he could ever want to attack.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

Stalemate.

What? Reasons please?

No, its not. You obviously do not understand his form, Form III: Soresu, the most defensive of all forms. Darth Zannah has defended from monstrous attacks from an enhanced enemy before in the Darth Bane series, Obi-Wan is stated by Master Windu to be "Not only a master of Soresu, but the master of Soresu". His expertise in it has been demonstrated many times. Obi-Wan's enhanced precognition and reflexes would allow him to block all four of Grievous' blades, that maneuver won't cut him in half. Obi-Wan still has a plethora of Force Powers, Form I, IV, VI to fall back on if need be, and his cunning and strategy.

But Grievous was able to kill two jedi masters simultaneously by using his four arms, and they were sent to protect the chancellor.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@Mad8Baller said:

Stalemate like all the times during the freaking Cartoon Clone Wars. Grievous's style is unorthodox and leaves openings but he doesn't ever have to worry because of how he is basically a giant robot. Meanwhile Obiwan still follows a little of his old Ataru style that Quigon taught him so he is highly nimble but he massively uses Soresu which is all out defensive and is only really countered by Juyo and that's only when Obiwan was an old man who couldn't block Vader's high powered strikes without being knocked backwards. So in the end, it should be a giant tie but with a heavy advantage in Grievous's favor since Obiwan is paying more attention to movement and defense while Grievous has all the chances he could ever want to attack.

He has switched to Soresu entirely, and may possibly be the greatest master of it. He has bested Grievous already in EP 3. He uses Forms I, IV and VI in desperate times, but can switch forms in a fight.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00:None of that is relevant. They aren't Obi-Wan's equal, in EP 3, he has already demonstrated superior skill. Now I'm going to dinner, if you have any matters, I'll reply to you later.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mad8Baller
@ShootingNova: But Grievous was mentally and physically weakened in EP 3.  From my understanding, the OP said not to include the Mace Windu part.
Basically the battle of EP 3 is not to be considered at all.  Or anything in regards to EP 3 in general.

Basically OP is only letting us use feats and summations up to only the Clone Wars.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShootingNova

@Mad8Baller said:

@ShootingNova: But Grievous was mentally and physically weakened in EP 3. From my understanding, the OP said not to include the Mace Windu part. Basically the battle of EP 3 is not to be considered at all. Or anything in regards to EP 3 in general. Basically OP is only letting us use feats and summations up to only the Clone Wars.

OP never said that.

He said that Grievous' lungs were not to be crushed by Windu, he is fighting in a state prior to that.

Episode 3 is part of, and the ending, of the Clone Wars.

Grievous' fighting abilities were not debilitated as far as I know. He coughs and all, but his fighting skill is not impaired in any way.

TheronSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:
I made an account just to make this point:
In the Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 3, which is the comic book extension of the 2003 series (if that is canonical then so is this) grievous fought both Ventress and Durge (tentacle rape bounty hunter guy) at the same time and emerged victorious. This was how he was assigned to become the droid commander in the first place.

Lucas, for whatever reason, decided to nerf the hell out of Grievous after the 2003 series.
Maybe he was just jealous that most people agree that Tartakovsky's work eclipsed anything that he could produced since the originals or maybe the same brain bug that made him create Jar Jar Binks made him turn the intimidating Grievous into a dimwit who is as threatening as Team Rocket.

I was a kid when I watched the 2003 CW series and Revenge of The Sith.
I remember being so disappointed when I saw what happened to grievous.
I was expecting an awesome fight... and what I got was a half-assed shit tier fight.
I understand now that getting a fight nearly as good as the ones done in 2d is hard... but still, they could have given me more than "look at the shiny spinning lights and Obi-Wan poking fun at a threat that could have taken several Jedi on at once".
That is why I take that shit so personally... my childhood... it hurts :'(

infernoblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-wan wins. Grievous is trained in all lightsaber techniques, and he has perfected how to counter all techniques. Even yoda couldn't beat grievous, he would just get countered and curb-stomped, albeit with a lot of effort. Obi wan has no technique, he is a master of block form. At one point grievous is using a different technique with each of his arms, and obi wan is just there, blocking like "a Gatling gun is harder to block than this", until he just wins. I'm not sure how, but he does. Prove me wrong and I will email you a muffin

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Curbstomped but with a lot of effort? LOL.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... Lol

Been a weird week in these Star Wars threads..Nihilus is the most powerful Sith ever, Revan can beat Yoda and Sidious in an all-out fight, and now Grievous can beat Yoda... I just..no.

Back on topic, Obi-wan can beat Grievous due to his Soresu Being defensive in nature. Obi-wan takes a slight to good majority over Grievous. Imo.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really good fight but Obi wins in the end, though Grievous is much faster.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi wins. He's just superior enough to Grevious to be considered unarguably superior but not so much that Grevious can't win a few rounds, say 6.5-7/10. I would consider Grevious more dangerous overall though.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel this could go either way in a good fight. I'd likely back Obi-Wan Kenobi for a very slight majority though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@alphaq said:

Obi wins. He's just superior enough to Grevious to be considered unarguably superior but not so much that Grevious can't win a few rounds, say 6.5-7/10. I would consider Grevious more dangerous overall though.

Obi-Wan actually isn't superior in any way aside from having the Force, really, he just has a large stylistic edge over Grievous.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlphaQ

@i_like_swords

Yes, that's what I meant when I said that Grevious was more dangerous overall. It's just in a confrontation that Obi wins. I had forgot about Force though, mainly since Grevious has resisted Kenobi's attacks very well before.

Personally I consider style the next best advantage after skill, and over speed (within reason). Grevious and Obi are my favorite examples, or Dooku and Anakin.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

Obi-Wan actually isn't superior in any way aside from having the Force, really, he just has a large stylistic edge over Grievous.

Disagree with this, Obi Wan is ten times the swordsman that Grevious is. Grevious just enjoys the advantages of using a dual wield style without suffering from its disadvantages, that being the lack of power behind strikes and blocks. Give Grevious one lightsaber and he has absolutely no chance against Obi Wan, Dooku, Anakin, Yoda, Windu, or any of the great saber duelists of that era.

__hermes_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grievous fought Obi-Wan several times before and after his injury and never won so Obi-Wan takes this

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil Eh I could see an argument that Kenobi is better than Grevious skill-wise but he has matched Windu with two sabers and unfavorable conditions. That's very much within Kenobi's league.

Tranquil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tranquil

@alphaq: Like I said, though very few people use them with skill having two sabers against a person with one is an incredible advantage. And on top of that he's just as strong with each saber strike using one hand as a normal user would be striking with a two handed grip. Its like a boxer fighting a guy with four arms, sure the boxer's got skill on his side, but that other guy has more arms to block and strike with.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obiwan. the Force triumphs.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mace Windu stated after his fight that Kenobi might be the only Jedi capable of defeating grievous. It's a damn good fight either way. Without the damage grievous suffered, I'll give a very slight majority to grievous. Stylistically, this is a match made in heaven.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tranquil Nah, loads of people with incredible skill use multiple blades.

I know his arms are an advantage but he's mimicked Mace's style almost instantly, a style which takes years to learn, and pressed Count Dooku on multiple occasions during training sessions, when an untrained Grevious was getting stomped at first.

And this stat edge isn't that big, Kenobi was able to bend Grevious's arm like a cheap spoon and has a style that counters strength well, like how he matched Anakin, someone far stronger than him.