#1  Edited By Lance Uppercut
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Baldy

Tough choice. I'll go with Grievous as he's has experiance fighting Jedi and Maul has no experiance with multi-limbed cyborg psychos.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

Darth Maul, people often talk of how he was just a killing machine. Little do they know he was also proficient in not only Force Push, but Force Grip(Choke) as well. He was also very intelligent, even built a 3PO droid like Anakin did. However he turned his into an assassin type droid, loading it up with all types of weapons.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Baldy
@Andferne said:
" Darth Maul, people often talk of how he was just a killing machine. Little do they know he was also proficient in not only Force Push, but Force Grip(Choke) as well. He was also very intelligent, even built a 3PO droid like Anakin did. However he turned his into an assassin type droid, loading it up with all types of weapons. "
Force Choke won't help here and push will be limited.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Baldy said:
" Tough choice. I'll go with Grievous as he's has experiance fighting Jedi and Maul has no experiance with multi-limbed cyborg psychos. "

XD
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hellos

Mual assuming he doesn't get c*cky
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

Maul honed a lot of his fighting skills against various robots, trained in all sorts of combat. Who is to say that he did, or did not have practice against a multi-armed individual. He was meant to be the perfect instrument for combat. Had he not gotten cocky in his fight against OB1 at the end, I have no doubt he would of been just as successful if not more so against the Jedi later on. Which is what Grievous was used for.

@Baldy said:

"Force Choke won't help here and push will be limited. "
I beg to differ. Force push can easily be used to throw his opponent around if he so chose. Knocking him prone to gain an advantage or even using it to kick up a smoke screen of dust to give him a tactical edge. Force choke can be used just as effective. He could easily use it to crush one of the lightsabers Grievous wields, or even once he got in close he could do much like OB1 did and pry open his chest cavity. Then use force choke to squeeze his dried up heart.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baldy
@Andferne said:
" Maul honed a lot of his fighting skills against various robots, trained in all sorts of combat. Who is to say that he did, or did not have practice against a multi-armed individual. He was meant to be the perfect instrument for combat. Had he not gotten cocky in his fight against OB1 at the end, I have no doubt he would of been just as successful if not more so against the Jedi later on. Which is what Grievous was used for.

@Baldy said:
I beg to differ. Force push can easily be used to throw his opponent around if he so chose. Knocking him prone to gain an advantage or even using it to kick up a smoke screen of dust to give him a tactical edge. Force choke can be used just as effective. He could easily use it to crush one of the lightsabers Grievous wields, or even once he got in close he could do much like OB1 did and pry open his chest cavity. Then use force choke to squeeze his dried up heart. "
Hmm nice argument. Yeah, you're porbably right. Maul probably has this.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Maul.@Andferne said:

" Maul honed a lot of his fighting skills against various robots, trained in all sorts of combat. Who is to say that he did, or did not have practice against a multi-armed individual. He was meant to be the perfect instrument for combat. Had he not gotten cocky in his fight against OB1 at the end, I have no doubt he would of been just as successful if not more so against the Jedi later on. Which is what Grievous was used for.

@Baldy said:
I beg to differ. Force push can easily be used to throw his opponent around if he so chose. Knocking him prone to gain an advantage or even using it to kick up a smoke screen of dust to give him a tactical edge. Force choke can be used just as effective. He could easily use it to crush one of the lightsabers Grievous wields, or even once he got in close he could do much like OB1 did and pry open his chest cavity. Then use force choke to squeeze his dried up heart. "
An now thanks to Andferne i don't even have to make an arguement. Brilliant. 
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze
@Baldy said:
"Tough choice. I'll go with Grievous as he's has experiance fighting Jedi and Maul has no experiance with multi-limbed cyborg psychos. "

As far as you know...
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

As far as I know Grievous has not faced a swordsman or martial artist of Maul's caliber so I am giving it to Maul

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By vuviper

I vote Maul, he has force Grevious doesn't.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom
@vuviper said:
" I vote Maul, he has force Grevious doesn't. "
Didn't help those few dozen Jedis he slaughtered at the same time...

Cartoon Grievous wins, Movie Grievous gets chopped into pieces.
12marvel12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 12marvel12

Maul
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Strafe Prower
@AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
Didn't help those few dozen Jedis he slaughtered at the same time...  Cartoon Grievous wins, Movie Grievous gets chopped into pieces. "

None of them were on Maul's level of force use though.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
@Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
Didn't help those few dozen Jedis he slaughtered at the same time...  Cartoon Grievous wins, Movie Grievous gets chopped into pieces. "
None of them were on Maul's level of force use though. "
If I remember, at least one of them was a jedi master with a seat on the council.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Interesting battle.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strafe Prower
@AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
If I remember, at least one of them was a jedi master with a seat on the council. "

Do you remember Maul killing Qui Gon Jin? Master level wasn't much to him.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I have no knowledge of the animated version of Grievous. Based on film showings, I will take Maul here.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Strafe Prower said:

" @AtPhantom said:

" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
If I remember, at least one of them was a jedi master with a seat on the council. "
Do you remember Maul killing Qui Gon Jin? Master level wasn't much to him. "
You know he is going to answer that Padawan level proved to be too much for Maul though, right? :P
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
You know he is going to answer that Padawan level proved to be too much for Maul though, right? "

Anyone who was paying attention knows that Maul was fight both at the same time and Obi caught him when he let his guard down and got cocky. In a straight up fight, Obi would have got slaughtered.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
You know he is going to answer that Padawan level proved to be too much for Maul though, right? "
Anyone who was paying attention knows that Maul was fight both at the same time and Obi caught him when he let his guard down and got cocky. In a straight up fight, Obi would have got slaughtered. "
You missed the " :P " part of my post...
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
Anyone who was paying attention knows that Maul was fight both at the same time and Obi caught him when he let his guard down and got cocky. In a straight up fight, Obi would have got slaughtered. "
You missed the " :P " part of my post... "

I knew, but I went ahead and said that for anyone wanting to use the arguement :)
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
I knew, but I went ahead and said that for anyone wanting to use the arguement :) "
Seriously, whenever I see the scene were Obi Wan cut Maul in half, I want to break the screen. PIS at its finest.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AtPhantom
@Strafe Prower said:
" Do you remember Maul killing Qui Gon Jin? Master level wasn't much to him. "
I also remember Maul being killed by a padawan. XD

In all fairness though, Grievous was highly vulnerable to the force, as instances with Dooku and Windu proved. Griveous doesn't have a chance of overpowering Maul, he wouldn't stand a chance against any jedi that way. Grievous' key was always been confusing the enemy. Attacking from four to six different directions, striking at impossible angles, tossing and catching sabers, misleading moves, weird monkey style fighting style, and all this at the speeds even proficient force users can barely keep up with. He relies on freaking out the opponent so much they don't get the chance to concentrate and use the force. Every time the opponent does get a breather he disappears out of site and wait for another opportunity. 

I believe the same goes for Maul. He has the power to crush Grievous, but not the reflex speed to do it, and defend himself at the same time. So presuming they start at a reasonably close distance, I go with Grievous.

And I'm of course not paying mind to the movie version. That was utter crap.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @vuviper said:
I knew, but I went ahead and said that for anyone wanting to use the arguement :) "
Seriously, whenever I see the scene were Obi Wan cut Maul in half, I want to break the screen. PIS at its finest. "

Agreed. Obi Zero is actually one of my most hated characters of the series.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
You know he is going to answer that Padawan level proved to be too much for Maul though, right? :P "
GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strafe Prower
@AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" Do you remember Maul killing Qui Gon Jin? Master level wasn't much to him. "
I also remember Maul being killed by a padawan. XD  In all fairness though, Grievous was highly vulnerable to the force, as instances with Dooku and Windu proved. Griveous doesn't have a chance of overpowering Maul, he wouldn't stand a chance against any jedi that way. Grievous' key was always been confusing the enemy. Attacking from four to six different directions, striking at impossible angles, tossing and catching sabers, misleading moves, weird monkey style fighting style, and all this at the speeds even proficient force users can barely keep up with. He relies on freaking out the opponent so much they don't get the chance to concentrate and use the force. Every time the opponent does get a breather he disappears out of site and wait for another opportunity.   I believe the same goes for Maul. He has the power to crush Grievous, but not the reflex speed to do it, and defend himself at the same time. So presuming they start at a reasonably close distance, I go with Grievous.  And I'm of course not paying mind to the movie version. That was utter crap. "

While I understand that,  was able to keep multiple jedi at bay while smiling, seeming as if he was toying more than concerned. Also, Maul does have the reflexes, he traind blind against an assassination robot and if he didn't win, he died. He would probably confuse Grevious more because, to my knowledge, he hasn't faced anything close to Maul's fightning style. Maul of corse has been trained to fight from all angles. Not to mention he could make the distance after Grevious's first attack, which he could survive IMO.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
@Strafe Prower: 
1. Training blind is more of a sense training than reflex speed training.
2. I don't think an assassination robot has anything on someone who brought the trade federation to a near bankrupt because they were paying for his reconstruction.
3. But I presume he was trained to predict where the attack is coming from, while the entire point of Grievous' attacks is to be impossible to predict.
4. Not sure about distance, but if he does, he wins.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strafe Prower
@AtPhantom said:
" @Strafe Prower:  1. Training blind is more of a sense training than reflex speed training. 2. I don't think an assassination robot has anything on someone who brought the trade federation to a near bankrupt because they were paying for his reconstruction. 3. But I presume he was trained to predict where the attack is coming from, while the entire point of Grievous' attacks is to be impossible to predict. 4. Not sure about distance, but if he does, he wins. "

1.It most likely help both though. 
2.True, but eventually it became multiple ones and he didn't know where the blast were coming from 
3.I'm not sure, but with twice the lightsaber to block with and more acrobatic, I could see him dodging/countering it still 
4.He has Force Jump, Speed Burst, Push and Pull to help him get that distance and keep it. Not to mention he is pretty agile.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom:@Strafe Prower: 
Oh yeah? well in BattleFront 2 Maul was better than Grievous, lol
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strafe Prower
@vuviper:
LOL
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

You know he is going to answer that Padawan level proved to be too much for Maul though, right? :P "
GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!! "
LMAO

@vuviper said:

" @AtPhantom:@Strafe Prower:  Oh yeah? well in BattleFront 2 Maul was better than Grievous, lol "

That reminds me a guy who said Superman would defeat Silver Surfer because he has better stats than him in Heroclix. 

True story.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

LMAO

@vuviper said:

" @AtPhantom:@Strafe Prower:  Oh yeah? well in BattleFront 2 Maul was better than Grievous, lol "

That reminds me a guy who said Superman would defeat Silver Surfer because he has better stats than him in Heroclix. 

True story.
"
Heroclix is awesome, Despero and MM need better figures. lol
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
HeroClix... wow I havent engaged in that game in ages... 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

LMAO

@vuviper said:

True story.
"
Heroclix is awesome, Despero and MM need better figures. lol "
I've never played it, I'm afraid.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vuviper
@Morpheus_: You should try it, great game. They used to play it every week at my comic shop back home
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strafe Prower

I haven't tried it either.
gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gobstakid777

Grevious ftw

Just_Because

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Just_Because

darth maul was trained to be the next darth lord of the sith at sidious side

grevous was taught some basic jedi sword skill by dooku and nothing more

maul would destroy grevious as easily as kenobi did
thedeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thedeman87

Maul.  I don't remember the exact story but as he was training Maul, Sidious left him on a planet for a months time where he constantly was hunted and fought of assassination droids without food or rest.  After the Maul succeeded Sidious came down and told Maul he sent him off so he can begin training a new apprentice.  Enraged, Maul went after Sidious and this was his final test.  Sidious now made Maul a Sith Lord because he was willing to attack even Darth Sidous.  Maul went on to kill many Jedi and bounty hunters.  He took down entire federations at the request of Sidious and I also agree he no doubt would have killed Obi Wan as well as Qui Gonn if it wasn't for his lack of discipline.  I'm fully aware of Grevious in the cartoons, but even then I never felt he rivaled any of the top Sith in skill.  And Maul is certainly among the top Sith in skill.

12marvel12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 12marvel12
@Just_Because:
I agree Maul would win... but Kenobi almost got killed by Grevious
kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kagetaicho

Maul easy but Grievous is no punk. Obi beat them both because of luck. His accidentally fall of the edge and telekinetically grab someone Else's weapon trick worked on both of them and he used a similar tactic to beat Vadar only that time it was on purpose.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Andferne
@AtPhantom said:
"Grievous' key was always been confusing the enemy. Attacking from four to six different directions, striking at impossible angles, tossing and catching sabers, misleading moves, weird monkey style fighting style, and all this at the speeds even proficient force users can barely keep up with.
Maul trained against multiple combat/assassin droids constantly. I don't see him getting confused at Grievous flurry of blows from different directions or angles. His fight against Qui-Gon and OB1 was not his first run in against Jedi. Before the battle of Naboo he battled two more Jedi. One of which was Anoon Bondara who was renowned as a Jedi weapons master, and master of Teras Kasi. Maul slayed him and later on killed his Padawan Darsha. Not to mention Mail cleaning up the entire Black Sun (believe it was this group).
He has more than enough speed to not only keep up with multiple attackers, but also push the pace of the fight. 

@AtPhantom said:
"He relies on freaking out the opponent so much they don't get the chance to concentrate and use the force. Every time the opponent does get a breather he disappears out of site and wait for another opportunity.
I don't see Maul freaking out due to anything Grievous does. People often use Grievous 'skill' as a reason why he was able to defeat and kill so many Jedi. But to be honest the real reason is that because the Jedi of this age hardly had any actual battle training besides what went on at the temple. That is why so many got slaughtered at Genosha, the practiced and mastered a fighting style that to be frank sucked. That is the reason why Grievous had such success against so many Jedi. When he was faced off against talented fighters such as Windu, OB1, Anakin,  and even Shaak Ti he was hard pressed. Maul is at that level, but a trained killer.

@AtPhantom said:
"I believe the same goes for Maul. He has the power to crush Grievous, but not the reflex speed to do it, and defend himself at the same time. So presuming they start at a reasonably close distance, I go with Grievous. "
A lot here is also said above in my first statement. We've seen Maul deal with multiple attackers from very skilled fighters at the same time. There is no reason at all to doubt that he has the speed or reflexes to contend with Grievous and win. Like many stated had he not gotten cocky at the end, he would of slaughtered OB1. 

Maul for the win.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AtPhantom
@Strafe Prower:@Andferne: You know I could carry on this argument, but I guess you've convinced me. Maul wins.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Satyrquaze

Grevious couldn't handle Obi-Wan. And before someone says otherwise it wasn't a surprise win like when Obi-Wan killed Maul. In every saber vs. saber(s) engagment Obi-Wan had with Grevious Obi-Wan had the advantage or was outright winning. 

I'm sorry, but a non-force using cyborg is not going to beat a fully trained Sith Lord in lightsaber combat.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Push

I'll take Maul! I'f it's clone wars cartoon Grieves (and I mean his first appearance, not the new cgi ones) then's it's even better and closer fight but Maul still takes it, if it's ep III Grieves, Maul mauls him!
Sun King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sun King

Ah General Grievous, yet another slap in the face by Mr Lucus, yet another spit in the eye by Georgie boy. General Grievous (both movie version and especially cartoon version), goes against everything Lucus tells us about The Force in episodes 4 - 6.

All that crap about: "The power to destroy a planet is nothing when compared to the power of the Force", and "Size means nothing to a Jedi, for his ally is the force". But apparently the Force is no match for a 6 armed cyborg!!

Someone please tell me why OB1, or any of the dozens of Jedi Grievous fought, didn't simply use the Force to pick him up and just throw him around the room. Or Force push him, he can't weigh more that 3 normal droids. I mean if it's that easy to build and train a cyborg to kill dozens of your average Jedi, then why not build 20 Grievous (or did Grievous have the force before he became a cyborg). Anyway rant over.

Darth Maul easily wins this. In fact any half decent Jedi / Sith / Force user, should be able to wipe the floor, walls, ceiling and those hard to reach places with General Grievous. Jedi / Sith speed is super fast, even multiple attacks should not be a problem. The first thing a Jedi learns is how to defend against a laser droid while blindfolded. Plus Maul likes to incorporate the force in his fighting style, Grievous can't defend against that. Maul could pull him apart and smile while doing it.    

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Andferne
@Sun King said:
"Someone please tell me why OB1, or any of the dozens of Jedi Grievous fought, didn't simply use the Force to pick him up and just throw him around the room. Or Force push him, he can't weigh more that 3 normal droids. I mean if it's that easy to build and train a cyborg to kill dozens of your average Jedi, then why not build 20 Grievous (or did Grievous have the force before he became a cyborg). Anyway rant over.  "
It could be a stretch, but it could be because his feet were geared with magnitised devices. Another reason why he could fight from the sides of walls or on the roof of buildings etc.
thedeman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thedeman87

I knew the old, classic ideal about the Force from the old trilogy was in trouble the second they mentioned midichlorians in Episode 1.  LAME!