General Grievous vs Anakin Skywalker.

Bigdadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll General Grievous vs Anakin Skywalker. (31 votes)

Grievous. 23%
Anakin. 74%
Too close to call. 3%

•Canon Anakin.

VS

•Canon Grievous.

Random encounter. In character. Who wins and why??

• 
BananaVist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BananaVist

I say Grievous kills him but if Lucas or any other director/author were to write that fight down they wouldn't have it end this way.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was few Jedi who could actually face him and get out alive. Kit fisto shown in the clone wars, Obi wan, Yoda, and Mace windu.

LichVanAstrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin should be able to take him overall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wtf is with this thread Anakin defeats him just as easy if not easier than Obi Wan.

Avatar image for deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4
deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends what version of anakin.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annie

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon Grievous is garbage unfortunately

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76:

Canon GG may be slightly inconsistent, but he legitimately defeated a slightly pre ROTS Kenobi in TCW S7...

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: Fair point, although we do have to take into account his losses as well. Which there are numerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76:

Losses to kenobi or in general? I remember a lot of inconclusive fights, but no real losses, bar the ROTS one that is circumstantial, anyway. Their typical fight is GG landing kicks/physical blows and Kenobi force pushing him...

And he was officially stated to be a close match for kenobi.

I would say GG major embarrassment is losing to ventress, albeit she should have been amped by dathomir nexus. I am not counting his fights with Ashoka which are blatant PIS.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: Losses in general. Ventress was the one I had in mind, but there's also his "duels" with Ahsoka (which, while PIS, still exist unfortunately), his inability to kill Kit Fisto on his home turf, and the, uh...gungan incident.

Plus, in many of his Kenobi fights, he was saved by luck (for example, when the droid yells "general behind you" and he very narrowly blocks Kenobi's attack).

Keep in mind Grievous is probably my favorite character who lived during the time frame of the movies (because of his EU feats) but I gotta be real here and call out the writers for making him pathetic

Banasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Banasura

Grievous is trash in canon, he's never won an on screen 1v1 (With out help from droids) fight against any named character.

Well with the exception of Grievous lair but he had to use a gun instead of lightsaber to win so he still sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76:

Ehh, TCW is prone to PIS unfortunately. Not to mention Dooku with the pirates and Anakin with Hondo.

xanadu253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: everything is prone to “pis” because fights serve the plot not the other way around. PIS is an intrinsically stupid term because if it happened canonically then it shows it’s possible within the universe regardless of people’s outside opinions on it, Star Wars power levels (in both canon and eu) are not cut and dry like a lot of people on the vine like to treat them and most of the time how the plot would favor certain characters matters more. Nobody in canon is blitzing anyone else because Star Wars doesn’t operate that way, and fights like Hondo and Anakin, or just about any Cad Bane encounter showcase that. On that note Anakin should one hundred percent beat Grievous because as previously mentioned Grievous tends to fight from an advantageous position because for the most part he can’t defeat Jedi in straight confrontations.

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DrunkHC

Yes, Grievous takes advantage of the power of his army. He is an opportunist and a coward.

Ventress subdued him by viciously attacking him with his Lightsabers in combat 1VS1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGYnSUDdRY

I see Anakin doing the same

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu253:

“PIS is an intrinsically stupid term because if it happened canonically then it shows it’s possible within the universe regardless of people’s outside opinions on it, Star Wars power levels (in both canon and eu) are not cut and dry like a lot of people on the vine like to treat them and most of the time how the plot would favor certain characters matters more.”

Plot armor or PIS, call it as you prefer, Early TCW Ahsoka not getting instantly chopped by Grievous is an example of it.

“Nobody in canon is blitzing anyone else because Star Wars doesn’t operate that way, and fights like Hondo and Anakin, or just about any Cad Bane encounter showcase that.”

And it’s PIS or moral restraints.

“On that note Anakin should one hundred percent beat Grievous because as previously mentioned Grievous tends to fight from an advantageous position because for the most part he can’t defeat Jedi in straight confrontations.”

Grievous has defeated or stalemated Jedi in fair fights various times.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: I agree, and yeah the fact that Dooku couldn't beat those pirates is just awful writing

DrunkHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrunkHC

I agree, Hondo and his pirates dominating Darth Tyranus and Gungans stomp Grievous is ridiculous

Zyrille64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon Grievous, hell no

Legends Grievous, yes

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96:

There was no PIS in early-TCW Ahsoka's duel with Grievous. He quickly dismissed her, and then in the following, more protracted duel, he was just toying with her as per Filoni -- deliberately prolonging the fight.

17 year old Ahsoka competing with Grievous towards the end of the war is PIS.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

I see no reason to give Anakin the win, especially considering that in ROTS he struggled against Grievous' noticeable inferior in IG-102. Grievous just has better feats, so he wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6c50bd36886
deactivated-5e6c50bd36886

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin dances on Grievous in canon or legends.