• Win by KO or death

Who wins?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Never read the Eiling fight but I know he's a teambuster.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

damn the pic

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eiling

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The General pretty easily. The entire league couldn't physically defeat him

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator's confidence will probably fall dramatically after the first minute of the fight

Avatar image for raustle_al_ghul
Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Eiling w/ context please?

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eiling grew back an arm and traded blows with Superman, Wonder Woman and Orion. His regen is pretty impressive

That being said Gladiator should win this

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

Eiling.

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Eiling.Gladiator has no way to put him down.

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Eiling is taking this

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Yeaahh. Eiling's regen is impressive but not enough to get around his rather more suspect durability. Batman blew off his arm with a err...bat grenade, Superman HVd his limbs off, I dont really see him doing that to a proper class 100, Orion's dog bit his arm off etc.Eiling's powerset was similar to Hulk's IIRC , he became larger in size , stronger and more durable as the fight continued.

Thing is, fight isnt going to continue here for very long. Having great regen =/= being impossible to knock out. For one thing Gladiator possesses a bit more firepower than anyone he fought with, for another in his first fight with superman and wonder woman , they knocked him down with their blitz , hurt him and he took a while to get back up to his feet.

Even spotting him lets say mach 3 reflexes, based on nothing at all, given he failed to react to a specific mach 3 blitz by supes and diana, he is akin to a statue here to the FTL Gladiator

I say Gladiator knocks him out for a 10 count

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kingant27

General Eiling should win handily, and in fist fight etc, Gladiator isn't putting him down, heck not even characters like Orion, Superman etc could...

Gladiator can only stand a chance via BFR'ing him.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That would be Gladiator under Eiling's hand.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eiling

The General pretty easily. The entire league couldn't physically defeat him

Gladiator's confidence will probably fall dramatically after the first minute of the fight

Eiling.

@tensor said:

:

Looks like Eiling is taking this

General Eiling should win handily, and in fist fight etc, Gladiator isn't putting him down, heck not even characters like Orion, Superman etc could...

Gladiator can only stand a chance via BFR'ing him.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You knew what you were posting when you made this thread. This is a huge stomp.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eiling wrecks

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody please explain to me how eling wrecks? Double standard on the vine yet again, i thought speed> everything else? Oh yh i forgot thats only when debating fr a DC character

Using DC logic, ealing got blitzzed at mach3, gladiator is MFTL and ealing hasn't shown durability needed to even withstand one hit..,..i mean srsrly when has anyone from justice league ever destroyed a planet with a punch.......oh yh they haven't -_-

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eliling actually did eat the astro force and Supermans punches without...yknow spontenously exploding / getting OHKOd

That being said , he needed to build up his size and strength for that. Something he isnt really going to get a chance to here

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@heirtothekingdom: Yeaahh. Eiling's regen is impressive but not enough to get around his rather more suspect durability. Batman blew off his arm with a err...bat grenade, Superman HVd his limbs off, I dont really see him doing that to a proper class 100, Orion's dog bit his arm off etc.Eiling's powerset was similar to Hulk's IIRC , he became larger in size , stronger and more durable as the fight continued.

Thing is, fight isnt going to continue here for very long. Having great regen =/= being impossible to knock out. For one thing Gladiator possesses a bit more firepower than anyone he fought with, for another in his first fight with superman and wonder woman , they knocked him down with their blitz , hurt him and he took a while to get back up to his feet.

Even spotting him lets say mach 3 reflexes, based on nothing at all, given he failed to react to a specific mach 3 blitz by supes and diana, he is akin to a statue here to the FTL Gladiator

This.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, I more or less agree.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eiling wins this :(

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By XiiX

@thegrayghost: I don't know where you're getting the idea he gradually increases his power as a fight goes on(similar to Hulk). It isn't true/was never indicated in any of the fights I saw him in......

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Yeaahh. Eiling's regen is impressive but not enough to get around his rather more suspect durability. Batman blew off his arm with a err...bat grenade,Superman HVd his limbs off, I dont really see him doing that to a proper class 100, Orion's dog bit his arm off etc.Eiling's powerset was similar to Hulk's IIRC , he became larger in size , stronger and more durable as the fight continued.

I heard this was a weaker version of Eiling.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@xiix: Superman or someone noted that he was becoming larger and stronger as the fight proceeded. Well I definitely at least remember the "larger " part, but Im in an airport now,dont have the issue , will get back later to you on this one in a couple of hours

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Relatively weaker. But as I said I dont have the issue right now so I will check and get back to you on this one later

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@thegrayghost said:

@heirtothekingdom: Yeaahh. Eiling's regen is impressive but not enough to get around his rather more suspect durability. Batman blew off his arm with a err...bat grenade,Superman HVd his limbs off, I dont really see him doing that to a proper class 100, Orion's dog bit his arm off etc.Eiling's powerset was similar to Hulk's IIRC , he became larger in size , stronger and more durable as the fight continued.

I heard this was a weaker version of Eiling.

Pffft. Bat-Grenade could harm Spectre, so it would harm Eiling in his prime.

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He got shot with the tactical nuke bullet and still regenerated. The League and Ultramarines couldn't knock him out or do any lasting damage to him. It's a stalemate.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kallark

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By the creator

Ultimately I think that Gladiator can only win via BFR, which he can effectively accomplish.

The General has stood up to the entire Justice League.

Batman himself notes that the Shaggyman was unbeatable and that the JL could only restrain him and that was when he was mindless.

Superman notes that he is unstoppable and calls for the league to use any means to subdue him.

We see Eiling manhandle both Superman and Orion at the same time.

Eiling always regens back anything destroyed and typically with 15 to 30 seconds (looking at the number of panels and discussion held as the regen takes place).

Eiling has proven himself on multiple occasions capable on taking on multiple top tier super humans at the same time.

Avatar image for deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth
Deadpool_The_Merc_With_A_Mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator is doomed. I feel sorry for him.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Veshark

On Batman's Bat-Grenades: It's worth noting that Bruce very clearly knew that the Shaggy Man wasn't to be messed with. He probably broke out the big guns with those grenades. They wouldn't be the same ones that he'd use against, say, street-level enemies. Plus, Huntress' life was being threatened. At any rate, durability has never been the Shaggy Man's strongest point - it's his healing that's the game changer. As Superman puts it - he regrows limbs within 'seconds'.

On the General's speed and physicals: I recall Eiling being fast enough to smack down a charging/flying Superman by using Orion as a baseball bat. Superman's exact speed is never mentioned on-panel in that instance, and I'm not saying Eiling's FTL or whatever, but he's not too slow either. As for his powers, there's no mention of him 'getting stronger' a la the Hulk, or that he started out in a 'weaker form', far as I'm aware. The General's just unkillable through conventional brute force, essentially.

I'm not weighing in definitively (my knowledge on Gladiator is a little limited), but I'd bank on Eiling for now.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By XiiX

@thegrayghost: Well I just skimmed over his initial appearance(where Eiling's brain was transplanted into The Shaggy Man's body), and when he was a part of The Injustice Gang(during World War 3), and there was no mention of what you're describing in the first encounter, though he was consistently described by Eiling himself, Batman, and Superman as "The one enemy The JLA could never actually defeat", "...unbeatable. The League was only ever to restrain him at best(and back then he was mindless)", and "He's unstoppable! Don't hold back!", respectively(the last was spoken by Superman while he Aquaman, Zauriel, and Wonder Woman attacked simultaneously to no avail). Then of course there's the instance he was shot point blank with the tactical atomic bullet, described as "clean microscopic" and "reckoned on being able to take Superman out", and it did absolutely NOTHING to him. Didn't make him bat an eyelash. Nothing. Lastly, as he was being BFR'd, Superman referred to his "freedom as threatening the entire planet".

All with no mention of his prowess gradually, or otherwise, increasing.

During his second encounter where he and Queen Bee infiltrated the Watchtower it was basically the same thing all over again; Superman noted him as "Invulnerable . Self-regenerating. Unstoppable." and suggested to Steel "full power" in their attack(s), to which Steel rather incredulously responds "Full power is our strategy?", and the attack results in nothing but Superman commenting on his strength AND speed(Eiling disengaged Superman and had already worked his way over to Steel before Superman could complete two sentences) with Steel nearly losing his hand in the process. Anyway, I'm sure you know the rest: More mentions of him being unstoppable, wading through the astro-force like a cool breeze, smacking Superman and Orion around like a kid playing with action figures, etc.

All that, but no mention of what you described.

It's also worth noting Superman was unusually heat-vision happy in both fights, but during the second, remarked on the futility of said tactic since The General kept regenerating in a matter of seconds anyway.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blackice709

@thegrayghost said:

This.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, couldn't have said it any better than that.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eiling was beaten by being teleported into the asteroid belt in JLA 26.

Gladiator can beat him by doing precisely the same thing....BFR.

Easy. Done.

End of story.