Gellert Grindelwald runs the gauntlet

SithEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules:

(1) Gellert Grindelwald is at the height of his power and bloodlusted.

(2) Grindelwald has his own wand and the Elder Wand as well.

(3) Winner by death or KO.

(4) The fight takes place in the Ministry of Magic, the same place where Dumbledore fought Voldemort and won.

Can Gellert make it through?

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Neville Longbottom

Round 2: Harry Potter

Round 3: Hermione Granger

Round 4: Bellatrix Lestrange

Round 5: Severus Snape

Round 6: Minerva McGonagall and Lucius Malfoy

Round 7: Tom Riddle (Lord Voldemort)

Round 8: Albus Dumbledore

Round 9: (Canon version) Darth Vader

Boss fight: (Canon version) Darth Sidious

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Dumbledore.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 7 or 8.

The only debate worth discussing here is Voldy vs Grindy. It's very obvious that Grindy, Voldy and Dumbledore are the top 3 and are head and shoulder above the rest of the verse.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rbt said:

Stops at Dumbledore.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's either gonna be Voldemort or Dumbledor who stop him.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 krisbishop  Moderator

Stops at Dumbledore.

To me Grindelwald is above Voldemort.

He stops at Dumbledore because it's been stated that Dumbledore is just a shade above him. And he's beaten him before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 or 8. I see Grindelwald as the superior duelist compared to Voldemort though.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly five but hard stop at 7

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll come down to him and Dumbledore. In the Harry Potter world, those two were considered the best of the best in recent years. Not asking for a debate or a reply, I've already seen the 10+ page thread on the subject matter, and I don't want the thread to derail, but my eye twitched at Hermione being placed above Harry as a duelist in the gauntlet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Riddle or Albus. There isn't much debate here, tbh.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

@richard96 said:

Feats for Grindelwald?

Considered an ultimate magical genius on par with Dumbledore in his youth.

Soloed about two dozen Aurors from MACUSA.

Stalemated a prime Dumbledore.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@nehyolaw said:

@richard96 said:

Feats for Grindelwald?

Considered an ultimate magical genius on par with Dumbledore in his youth.

Stalemated a prime Dumbledore.

Plus he was taking on a small army of Aurors:

Loading Video...

And his wandless magic was pretty OP. He could ragdoll cars through the air with a wave of his hand:

Loading Video...

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krisbishop  Moderator

@rogueshadow: yeah, I forgot to add in the Auror feat. Thanks for adding on!

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"the same place where Dumbledore fought Voldemort and won." uhh... what? Movies that was a clear upper hand for Voldy, books it's a stalemate. There is no version of that fight where Dumbledore won.

He loses to Voldemort in a close fight. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time for a reason.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Voldemort. Pretty sure he was confirmed stronger.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Voldemort can beat Gellert, Dumbledore admitted that he was only a shade more skillful, whereas Dumbledore was stomping Voldemort. Granted, Dumbledore might've got better but I remember working the dates out and he was in his sixties when he beat Gellert. He likely didn't have much to improve at that age.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

@richard96: yeah he did, but after a really long time and quoted as "the greatest wizarding duel of all time". Dumbledore was described to be "only a shade" more skillful than Grindelwald.

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:

"the same place where Dumbledore fought Voldemort and won." uhh... what? Movies that was a clear upper hand for Voldy, books it's a stalemate. There is no version of that fight where Dumbledore won.

He loses to Voldemort in a close fight. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time for a reason.

Not sure where you got your information from. In the movie it's a stalemate. Albus was simply keeping him at bay for the Minister and Aurors to arrive. In the books Albus was overpowering Voldemort and Bellatrix together while protecting Harry.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

Pretty sure this gauntlet was made so OP could put SW characters above the entire HP universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore wins against him again. Voldy can't beat him.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
bluekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grindelwand beats Voldemort. Still loses to Dumbledore though.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the movie, it was a stalemate.

Voldemort got stomped in the book, considering the details of the fight.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, Voldemort was referred to as the greatest dark wizard of all time, but by Rita Skeeter, and her opinion doesn't have much basis in fact, as was repeatedly shown.

He could go either way with Voldemort. Dumbledore fought a far more even contest with Grindelwald but the latter had the elder wand, not Dumbledore, and that was decades before Dumbledore's prime( not that I'd believe Dumbledore would have improved by much anyways).

He stops decisively at Dumbledore.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cdiddyman911

Stops at Dumbledore.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nehyolaw said:

@richard96: yeah he did, but after a really long time and quoted as "the greatets wizarding duel of all time". Dumbledore was described to be "only a shade" more skilful then Grindelwald.

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:

Not sure where you got your information from. In the movie it's a stalemate. Albus was simply keeping him at bay for the Minister and Aurors to arrive. In the books Albus was overpowering Voldemort and Bellatrix together while protecting Harry.

@lordofthelight

That's honestly ridiculous bias if anyone says Dumbledore stalemated in the movies. Dumbledore was knocked onto his ass and ended the fight weary and on his knees. Voldemort was cackling the whole time and clearly had loads more in him.

Quote any passage at all from the books where Dumbledore 'overpowers' Voldemort, any at all.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@nehyolaw said:

@richard96: yeah he did, but after a really long time and quoted as "the greatets wizarding duel of all time". Dumbledore was described to be "only a shade" more skilful then Grindelwald.

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:

@lordofthelight

That's honestly ridiculous bias if anyone says Dumbledore stalemated in the movies. Dumbledore was knocked onto his ass and ended the fight weary and on his knees. Voldemort was cackling the whole time and clearly had loads more in him.

Quote any passage at all from the books where Dumbledore 'overpowers' Voldemort, any at all.

I can't help someone if they willingly shut themselves off to reality.

You have to be blind to make the assertions you are making.

Con7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly stops at voldy/dumbly, IIRC Grindlewald may have surrendered to dumbledore because they were friends and didn't want to kill them.

Vader probably pulls a kylo and freezes AK midare and force pulls him onto his lightsaber.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:
@nehyolaw said:

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:

@lordofthelight

I can't help someone if they willingly shut themselves off to reality.

You have to be blind to make the assertions you are making.

Well then prove me wrong; how have I shut myself off from anything when you've yet to support your position and I'm actively encouraging you to prove me wrong, surely that's the precise opposite of shutting myself off from anything? I'll ask again: quote me any passage at all that shows that Dumbledore had even the slightest upper hand.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might stop at 7 but he definitely stops at 8. Dumbledore is described as a "shade more skillful" than him, as evidenced by him defeating an Elder Wand wielding Grindelwald. Voldemort may be able to beat him, but I have my doubts as to that. Grindelwald has very few feats outside of the movies, but he's implied to be incredibly powerful.

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might stop at 7 but he definitely stops at 8. Dumbledore is described as a "shade more skillful" than him, as evidenced by him defeating an Elder Wand wielding Grindelwald. Voldemort may be able to beat him, but I have my doubts as to that. Grindelwald has very few feats outside of the movies, but he's implied to be incredibly powerful.

+1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: Wasn't DD "a shade more skilful" than Elder Wand Gellert? That would suggest that DD is significantly above him, though it's still close.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: I don't think so, to be honest. Dumbledore never seemed to believe himself to have a massive edge over Grindelwald, and the duel itself was described as "the duel of the century." I doubt it'd be viewed that way if it was a pretty one-sided confrontation. If Dumbledore is above Grindelwald, it's a slight advantage if anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: Never said that the gap is huge, just significant - as in, DD is clearly above, but the gap isn't big.

DD >/= EW Gellert > Gellert.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: That's fair. I believe that the gap is enough for Dumbledore to secure a win more often than not, but the advantage lies in skill rather than overall power, in which they're most likely equals. It's why I said he might stop at 7 but he almost certainly stops at 8.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator

I still think Grindelwand was supposed to be better than Voldie all around. If anything because of his duel of the century with Albus. He did wild the elder wand sure, but how big is the difference?

And Dumbledore is obviously more powerful than either of them.

@penguinlover: @darthfallax: Pretty sure the elder wand has to do more with power. Skill level is he matter of the wizard themselves. That said, I don't remember the statement correctly.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

I still think Grindelwand was supposed to be better than Voldie all around. If anything because of his duel of the century with Albus. He did wild the elder wand sure, but how big is the difference?

Agreed. Grindelwald is stated to be second to Voldemort in power, however it's also implied that very few people remember Grindelwald's reign of terror. I'd say being an academic peer and magical rival to Dumbledore throughout your life, even before the Elder Wand, puts him above Tom.

And Dumbledore is obviously more powerful than either of them.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Dumbledore claims that he only won due to skill, and the two were often considered equals throughout their lives. It's been a while since I've read the book, but I'm pretty sure there's a quote where someone says about Dumbledore finally meeting someone who is his equal. Dumbledore is definitely more skilled, but power? I'm not so sure.

Pretty sure the elder wand has to do more with power. Skill level is he matter of the wizard themselves. That said, I don't remember the statement correctly.

The Elder Wand definitely amps the wizard/witch's power, but we don't know to what extent. Even so, the fact that skill can be a deciding factor in a duel against it means it's not an all-powerful plot device. The fact that Grindelwald was able to fight Dumbledore and lead to the duel being called the "duel of the century" suggests that there must be some form of comparison between the two.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator

@penguinlover: Skill, power,Albus is all around better is my point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: @anthp2000: Yeah, GG was Albus' rival, while Tom was certainly inferior.

Also, do you have the quote for Tom > Gellert?

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: It's not really a singular quote. There's several throughout the series where they talk about Voldemort being the most powerful dark wizard of all time. Again, I wouldn't really take it seriously considering it would put him above Morgan Le Fay, Grindelwald, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover: Well, we don't know anything about Le Fay and other ancients, and I doubt the witards know their exacty power level, and Tom being > Gellert isn't absurd

That being said, I wouldn't trust any Brit except for Albus on that matter, as Gellert terrorized everything but Britain, and Voldemort only Britain, so Brits should be a bit biased lol

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: Yeah, that's pretty much how I view it. So few actually remember Grindelwald compared to Voldemort that they're obviously going to view him as the greater threat, lol.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DJudgment

Raw power i believe Voldemort has the edge over GG, but GG had a great knowledge of magic and was a lot more skillful in the usage of them, and his power wasnt that far behind either so id give GG the win.

Stopes at Dumbledore though, no one gets past good old Dumbledore.

Question (Off Topic) : At the time of the duel between Dumbledore & Voldemort, was Dumbledore dying from a curse from one of the horcrux? Or did that come later?

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Dumbledore. If he didn't have the Elder Wand he might stop at Voldermont.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemates with Albus Dumbledor. Grindelwald is insanely powerful and not a joke. Pretty sure his downfall will come though Aurelius D. That ending feat is so far beyond anything that does and should exists in the Harry Potter Universe. It's like comparing the original Star Wars trilogy to the prequels lmao.