Gear 4 luffy vs Aquaman

• 136 results
#51 Posted by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't New 52 Aquaman Namor level?

#52 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace said:

@enemybird: Is that suppose to be a feat..?

Just a bit flabbergasted by your question. Did you even read the posts in this thread?

I read them,and then asked for feats. Which apparently everyone here is incapable of providing Luffy's superior strength feats. I'm just curious but the idea of him even having the feats at this point sounds fictional.

#53 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't New 52 Aquaman Namor level?

No he's WW level. At least New52 WW level.

#54 Posted by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

Just a bit flabbergasted by your question. Did you even read the posts in this thread?

I read them,and then asked for feats. Which apparently everyone here is incapable of providing Luffy's superior strength feats. I'm just curious but the idea of him even having the feats at this point sounds fictional.

There are scans in this thread of Luffy's gear 4th punching power. Are you looking for scans of Luffy lifting weights at the gym or something?

#56 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Based off what?

Showings where their next to each other, writer statements, etc.

If you want evidence just let me know just don't want to bombard you with a reply you might not want.

#57 Posted by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 said:

If you want evidence just let me know just don't want to bombard you with a reply you might not want.

Go ahead.

#58 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird said:
@ecstaticgrace said:
@enemybird said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

There are scans in this thread of Luffy's gear 4th punching power. Are you looking for scans of Luffy lifting weights at the gym or something?

By stronger I assumed it was meant by lifting strength like being able to rip him apart.

The striking feats I honestly see Aquaman able to replicate...

#59 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 said:
@ecstaticgrace said:
@deathhero61 said:

Go ahead.

Ever since Flashpoint where Aquaman and Wonder Woman had an entire physical war against each other I'd argue the new52 tried to mimic the idea of them being on par.

Justice League Throne of Atlantis

Aquaman vs The Trinity

Aquaman Annual 2

Later in Aquaman annual 2 a stronger Wonder Woman than the one in Throne Of Atlantis shows up.Why was she stronger here than she was in Throne of Atlantis? Because here she was already God of WAR and in Throne of Atlantis she wasn't.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman fight The Giantborn, where Wonder Woman suggest that if they hold back both of them would die.

Aquaman vs The Giant Born Note: Reference

The first link Aquaman is fighting them in a later instance by himself

Later in the book Aquaman and Wonder woman are mind controlled to think each other are enemies. which results in grappling and striking.

Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

:Character Statements

Strength: "In our League?"

Strongest people on Earth

Writer

Abnett on Aquaman's powerlevel

DC homesite

No Caption Provided

Aquaman also oneshotted King Shark (Who held his own against Omac and Superboy on different occasions).

#60 Edited by superprohero (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace:

feats for you

strength feats

By propelling himself upwards at Crocodile, Luffy punches him up through tens of metres of solid bedrock. Crocodile is launched into the sky, and surrounding buildings are toppled

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Punches down a wooden door and sends the ‘giant’ behind it flying.

No Caption Provided

Luffy’s first use of Gear Third occurs off-panel, smashing open a steel vault door and shaking the tower.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A Gear Third enhanced stamp smashes a Galleon, which has thick metal plating around the wooden frame.

No Caption Provided

Luffy picks up a building-sized boulder and throws it at a precipice, destroying it.

No Caption Provided

Luffy knocks out the multi mountain sized Kraken while 5km under the sea(now i can also wank about billion tons)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Luffy punches Hody at a rock face and destroys it. Note he’s not using any of his gears here.

No Caption Provided

Luffy almost destroyed the small country size Noah

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

sends Doflamingo flying all the way from his castle to the town below with one punch.

No Caption Provided

Luffy KO’s Caesar, smashing him through a steel vault door and sending him flying down a long tunnel.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The actual length of the tunnel isn’t stated, but it has to be pretty far – here’s a map showing the size of the tunnel in relation to the rest of the facility https://imgur.com/sUIvduU , and the strawhats spend an entire chapter driving down it at high enough speed to wibble Luffy’s face.Caesar went the whole way through without hitting the ground.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Luffy’s King Kong Gun is powerful enough to break through Doflamingo’s spiders web and smash him into the ground hard enough to fold the city at the centre of Dressrosa inwards. Spider’s web has stopped a stone building thrown at him by Law and blocked Luffy’s elephant gun attack (the one that knocked out the Kraken and broke Chinjao’s head).

No Caption Provided

speed

luffy vs rob lucci

Loading Video...

Luffy contemptuously dodges a laser attack

Loading Video...

also luffy is immune to Blunt force.

if you want i can also post those.

Aquaman vs The Trinity

Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

does those feats prove anything? just one or two punches means nothing, also superman and wonder woman were holding back.

can you post some real speed feats or striking feats for aquaman and don't give me the crap that he punched superman almost everyone has done that including karate kid.

one more thing if you think aquaman is demon level than luffy is dragon level.

#61 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace:

feats for you

strength feats

By propelling himself upwards at Crocodile, Luffy punches him up through tens of metres of solid bedrock. Crocodile is launched into the sky, and surrounding buildings are toppled

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Punches down a wooden door and sends the ‘giant’ behind it flying.

No Caption Provided

Luffy’s first use of Gear Third occurs off-panel, smashing open a steel vault door and shaking the tower.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A Gear Third enhanced stamp smashes a Galleon, which has thick metal plating around the wooden frame.

No Caption Provided

Luffy picks up a building-sized boulder and throws it at a precipice, destroying it.

No Caption Provided

Luffy knocks out the multi mountain sized Kraken while 5km under the sea(now i can also wank about billion tons)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Luffy punches Hody at a rock face and destroys it. Note he’s not using any of his gears here.

No Caption Provided

Luffy almost destroy the small country size Noah

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

sends Doflamingo flying all the way from his castle to the town below with one punch.

No Caption Provided

Luffy KO’s Caesar, smashing him through a steel vault door and sending him flying down a long tunnel.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The actual length of the tunnel isn’t stated, but it has to be pretty far – here’s a map showing the size of the tunnel in relation to the rest of the facility https://imgur.com/sUIvduU , and the strawhats spend an entire chapter driving down it at high enough speed to wibble Luffy’s face.Caesar went the whole way through without hitting the ground.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Luffy’s King Kong Gun is powerful enough to break through Doflamingo’s spiders web and smash him into the ground hard enough to fold the city at the centre of Dressrosa inwards. Spider’s web has stopped a stone building thrown at him by Law and blocked Luffy’s elephant gun attack (the one that knocked out the Kraken and broke Chinjao’s head).

No Caption Provided

speed

luffy vs rob lucci

Loading Video...

Luffy contemptuously dodges a laser attack

Loading Video...

also luffy is immune to Blunt force.

if you want i can also post those.

Aquaman vs The Trinity

Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

does those feats prove anything? just one or two punches means nothing, also superman and wonder woman were holding back.

also can you post any real speed feats or striking feats for aquaman and don't give me the crap that he punched superman because even normal street levelers has done that.

Creating a thread that you solely debate in and a obvious spite thread by using a physical character against someone who your suggesting can't be harmed by blunt force. Regardless lifting strength should suggest Aquaman rips Luffy in half.

Just because a Kraken is a certain size doesn't make it as durable as whatever size it is. Same with stuff like wooden ships. Durability also consistent of the density of an item.

Striking feats

Aquaman volume 7 #30

Punches Hercules across an island that had several mountains, a tourist site, etc.

No Caption Provided

Damages a lava trolls jaw with a punch.

No Caption Provided

Deflects karaku the Lava God's punch with his fist.

No Caption Provided

Causes a shipwreck opening a portal to Xebel

No Caption Provided

Speed feats

Blocks a laser

No Caption Provided

Reacts to a laser

No Caption Provided

Bullrushed Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

Comic characters aren't your Forte you should stick to anime..

also can you post any real speed feats or striking feats for aquaman and don't give me the crap that he punched superman because even normal street levelers has done that.

Wonder Woman was mind controlled she wasn't holding back. Of course 1 or 2 punches mean something it means Aquaman can take them or deliver back on them. on top of that his fight against Wonder Woman suggested he could break out of her grip which is strength and skill related. Writer statements negate your attempts to lowball as well cause they match up with the comic.

Your going to have to show me the comic you read where a street level character BFR'd Superman passing by Wonder woman starting yards away in order to do so. Also not using any of superman's weaknesses or Superman being weakened.

Punches Superman (Who then is missing for 5 pages)Note: Reference Note: Reference

Cause honestly Aquaman removed Superman from the battlefield and charged at him from a distance to do so. That's on panel no denying just as the fact Superman's body density makes him really durable. Wonder woman hurt her hand punching him.

#62 Posted by Errorinscript (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: 1st Aquaman can just drown Thor , any feats of him underwater? Or even in deep water there's a big diffrence.

2nd Aquaman's strenght is on paralel with Superman , and in water he owns.

3rd He has a magical tridant , unlike a hammer, tridents are meant for gladiators and atacking. Whereas hammers are meant for carpenting.

#63 Edited by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: At least two of those fights weren't as intense as you said they were. Sending Superman flying isn't uncommon, if he's caught off guard, practically most people could send him flying, i wouldn't doubt if someone like iron man or namor could send him flying if he wasn't paying attention. If superman was fighting back then sure, but it didn't seem like that. WW herself seemed like she was holding back as well and trying not to fight him. Plus she sent him flying pretty easily. And fighting side by side doesn't mean you are equals.

#64 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 said:

@ecstaticgrace: At least two of those fights weren't as intense as you said they were. Sending Superman flying isn't uncommon, if he's caught off guard, practically most people could send him flying, i wouldn't doubt if someone like iron man or namor could send him flying if he wasn't paying attention. If superman was fighting back then sure, but it didn't seem like that. WW herself seemed like she was holding back as well and trying not to fight him. Plus she sent him flying pretty easily. And fighting side by side doesn't mean you are equals.

I never suggested any fight was intense everything I did however does hold.

Show me someone sending Superman away from the battlefield below Aquaman's Physicals, and keeping him gone just as long. Shouldn't be hard since it isn't uncommon.

The thing is you don't have feats to backup the idea of someone like Ironman or Namor doing anything of the such to Superman or anyone close to his level.

Writer statements back them up as equal. It's plausible Aquaman didn't expect the punch from WW when she sent him flying. Given that Aquaman doesn't go flying in a later instance against a mind controlled stronger WW. On top of that Wonder Woman has sent Superman and Green Lantern flying ironically before the Throne of Atlantis arc all bleeding after being sent flying.

You didn't lowball the mind control instance properly or forgot to mention it. Or the instance where Aquaman singlehandedly fights creatures Wonder Woman suggested could kill her.

On top of that Aquaman Annual 2 suggest Wonder Woman wouldn't hold back if she thought Aquaman was invading the surface. it's a bit silly to suggest on the brink of war their holding back.

#65 Edited by superprohero (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace:

Creating a thread that you solely debate in and a obvious spite thread by using a physical character against someone who your suggesting can't be harmed by blunt force. Regardless lifting strength should suggest Aquaman rips Luffy in half.

not at all lifting means nothing, plus Aquaman never lifted a thing he just pushed that small cliff downwards, if that's the case luffy did the same thing with that Kraken which makes him trillion tonner.

Just because a Kraken is a certain size doesn't make it as durable as whatever size it is. Same with stuff like wooden ships. Durability also consistent of the density of an item.

so multi mountain size means nothing and that ship was made out of half steel.

also what about this?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Luffy almost destroyed the small country size Noah

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman was mind controlled she wasn't holding back.

i'm not gonna lie, but luffy is physically stronger than new 52 wonder women.

Of course 1 or 2 punches mean something it means Aquaman can take them or deliver back on them. on top of that his fight against Wonder Woman suggested he could break out of her grip which is strength and skill related. Writer statements negate your attempts to lowball as well cause they match up with the comic

just because you can hold someone for little time does not mean you are as strong as him, also even batman and deathstroke has similar feats where they took down people like superman and flash so does this mean they are stronger then superman and flash??

Your going to have to show me the comic you read where a street level character BFR'd Superman passing by Wonder woman starting yards away in order to do so. Also not using any of superman's weaknesses or Superman being weakened.

and what is so great about that? batman has better feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cause honestly Aquaman removed Superman from the battlefield and charged at him from a distance to do so. That's on panel no denying just as the fact Superman's body density makes him really durable. Wonder woman hurt her hand punching him.

aaaaa what?, i can post multiple images where street levelers beated that crap out of superman.

seriously can you post any real feats? because from what i know bullets are>>aquaman

#66 Posted by DeathHero61 (18876 posts) - - Show Bio

@superprohero: Woooooooooah i gotta stop you there. Luffy is not physically stronger than New 52 Wonderwoman.

#67 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@superprohero said:

@ecstaticgrace:

not at all lifting means nothing, plus Aquaman never lifted a thing he just pushed that small cliff downwards, if that's the case luffy did the same thing with that Kraken which makes him trillion tonner.

Punches Superman (Who then is missing for 5 pages)Note: Reference Note: Reference

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman was mind controlled she wasn't holding back.

i'm not gonna lie, but luffy is physically stronger than new 52 wonder women.

Of course 1 or 2 punches mean something it means Aquaman can take them or deliver back on them. on top of that his fight against Wonder Woman suggested he could break out of her grip which is strength and skill related. Writer statements negate your attempts to lowball as well cause they match up with the comic

just because you can hold someone for little time does not mean you are as strong as him, also even batman and deathstroke has similar feats where they took down people like superman and flash so does this mean they are stronger then superman and flash??

aaaaa what?, i can post multiple images where street levelers beated that crap out of superman.

seriously can you post any real feats? because from what i know bullets are>>aquaman

Are you suggesting pushing a bolder off a land mass against the ocean is less impressive than lifting a bolder on regular land. Aquaman moved a mass of rock large enough to seal an oceanic trench closing off an entire race. That's really hard to downplay but there you go trying.

You haven't provided one feat that Luffy has to suggest he's physically stronger. Lifting strength does matter in a fight. If someone is physically stronger than you and grabs a hold of you it's pretty likely the fight could end there. Doomsday has taken Superman's punches but when it came to grappling Superman ripped Doomsday in half. Ares has taken Sentry's punches but again when it came to grappling Sentry ripped Ares in half. This had to do with their lifting strength getting them further then their striking power.

I'm really curios about Luffy being stronger than N52 wonder woman so please do tell.

My issue with how you debate is its pretty openly bias, without even fact checking some of the stuff you post.

I suggested to show me an instance of a street level character removing Superman from the battlefield. Instead you post an instance of a drugged up probably amped Batman fighting Superman. There's context to the fight that makes it more plausible. I'm pretty sure in the same arc Clayface was standing up to Superman because of the drug he got.

Batman and Deathstroke often rely on plot popularity or an in comic excuse where the writer tries to justify how their able to do something. Aquaman doesn't have that popularity or ever at least modern day get justification on being able to do something power wise in a comic book. I'm assuming next you'll post Slade under the Godslayer amp vs Superman ignoring the context there.

When you said street level character I'd assume you meant they'd be under normal physical levels when fighting Superman.

Also Mera has launched Aquaman into the stratosphere. The Noah comes off wooden and I don't see anything suggesting it's half metal. and Aquaman has torn through subs, as well as stabbed more durable items than steel.

A weaker animated Aquaman was shaking a city with his brother.

#68 Posted by superprohero (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@superprohero: Woooooooooah i gotta stop you there. Luffy is not physically stronger than New 52 Wonderwoman.

She really doesn't have any great feats for new 52, only reason why people overrate her because her previous incarnations were super strong.

#69 Edited by superprohero (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace said:

Are you suggesting pushing a bolder off a land mass against the ocean is less impressive than lifting a bolder on regular land.

yes, pushing something downwards is not= to lifting, also downwards water pressure and gravity made his job much easier.

Aquaman moved a mass of rock large enough to seal an oceanic trench closing off an entire race. That's really hard to downplay but there you go trying.

and luffy did the same thing with that multi mountain size Kraken

You haven't provided one feat that Luffy has to suggest he's physically stronger.

you are telling me that? lol you haven't even posted a single Quantifiable feat for Aquaman.

tell me what is so great about punching the superman? name me a single character who hasn't done that.

I'm really curios about Luffy being stronger than N52 wonder woman so please do tell.

ok let leave this for another time, why not post some real feats for aquaman?

My issue with how you debate is its pretty openly bias, without even fact checking some of the stuff you post.

can't i say the same thing for you?

I suggested to show me an instance of a street level character removing Superman from the battlefield.

1. superman was caught off guard
  2. that thing only lasted for short period of time and that moment should have been very short unless you think your gods fight at snail speed.
  3. plot so other people can get the chance.
  4. why are you making so big deal about that? do you have any better feats then that?
  5. can't i also say PIS just like you?

Instead you post an instance of adrugged up probably amped Batman fighting Superman. There's context to the fight that makes it more plausible.

it was just a hallucination drug and nothing else, also can you post the image where it says that drugs made him as strong as superman?

Batman and Deathstroke often rely on plot popularity or an in comic excuse where the writer tries to justify how their able to do something. Aquaman doesn't have that popularity or ever at least modern day get justification on being able to do something power wise in a comic book. I'm assuming next you'll post Slade under the Godslayer amp vs Superman ignoring the context there.

you are just making excuses and i can also post other examples.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

if low level characters can send him back then what aquaman did was nothing that great and can you show me how much damage that punch did to superman?

When you said street level character I'd assume you meant they'd be under normal physical levels when fighting Superman.

will this work

Also Mera has launched Aquaman into the stratosphere. The Noah comes off wooden and I don't see anything suggesting it's half metal. and Aquaman has torn through subs, as well as stabbed more durable items than steel.

why are you ignoring other feats? why do i have to post them again and again?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

seriously can you post some real feats for aquaman? and stop with your he punched the superman crap.

#70 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@superprohero: The only feat you posted that woed me most was the building falling because the impact.

If a strange scenario is provided wheras a character is operating above their tier, it should be addressed.

Your examples don't really work unless you ignore context. I'm pretty confident you either don't know the context to the feats you posted or don't care and trying to be sneaky about it. Slade with the Godslayer was able to fight characters above him. Like wonder woman, and other Gods.

#71 Edited by superprohero (872 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace said:

@superprohero: The only feat you posted that woed me most was the building falling because the impact.

well at least something impressed you.

If a strange scenario is provided wheras a character is operating above their tier, it should be addressed.

Your examples don't really work unless you ignore context. I'm pretty confident you either don't know the context to the feats you posted or don't care and trying to be sneaky about it. Slade with the Godslayer was able to fight characters above him. Like wonder woman, and other Gods.

Godslayer don't improve your normal stats Leaving Offensive power and it is not very clear how much Offensive power it grants you.

#72 Posted by SolarBear (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't luffy fly now.So he could fly over the water and hit him aquaman isn't as fast or strong.The owner doesn't say where they fight so they could be fighting in the desert or a city

#73 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: You clearly have a hard on for Aquaman. Luffy's king kong gun is miles above anything you've seen from Aquaman in terms of punching power.

#74 Posted by Overwarrior2 (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Aquaman touch or hurt G4 Luffy though. G4 Luffy has durability and speed feats far beyond Aquamans damage output, and no where near fast enough to tag G4 with precog.

#75 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: I was going to put a witty back trash reply back, but I'm trying to be optimistic in the way I act.

If you want to tell me why this "King Kong Gun" is and why it's so impressive feel free to. I don't watch One Piece and haven't had any interest to do so, I'm going off information given.

#76 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: I was going to put a witty back trash reply back, but I'm trying to be optimistic in the way I act.

If you want to tell me why this "King Kong Gun" is and why it's so impressive feel free to. I don't watch One Piece and haven't had any interest to do so, I'm going off information given.

ummm

No Caption Provided

#77 Edited by wbr17 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

so much people that know nothing about Aquaman

#78 Posted by JasonHawke (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

So from what I read up in everyone's comments, im going with....

Luffy

#79 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

So caused buildings to fall down in the city, by punching someone downwards into the city therefor creating in the impact. DC doesn't really like damaging their landmasses cause that would disrupt continuity. I'd confidently tell you Aquaman's durability is beyond that and his striking level has been shown above nuke level by using logic. That's not me highballing that's me using logic with what has already been presented.

@ecstaticgrace said:

ummm

No Caption Provided

#80 Posted by Overwarrior2 (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Wasnt knocking buildings over, it was more shattered the earth underneath them. Keep in mind this massive damage was just from Doffy flying into it at relativistic speeds like a projectile. If Luffy actually punched the island directly and not just launched someone into it, then it would have easily obliterated the whole island. For sheer force his punch is way above a nuke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUj3R6xFIc

#81 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7391 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecstaticgrace: Wasnt knocking buildings over, it was more shattered the earth underneath them. Keep in mind this massive damage was just from Doffy flying into it at relativistic speeds like a projectile. If Luffy actually punched the island directly and not just launched someone into it, then it would have easily obliterated the whole island. For sheer force his punch is way above a nuke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUj3R6xFIc

As in "Earth" all it seemed to do was affect the city block area where the impact of the guy was hit to. It looked more impressive in animated form but all that confirms is that it only destroyed part of a city in terms of cracking or shattering some land mass.

Nukes are city destroyers. As in a whole.

#83 Posted by Overwarrior2 (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, Luffy didnt hit the city. The damage to the island was JUST from the force of Doffy being projected into it. consider Doffy at most weighs 350- 400 pounds. Can you image the velocity he must have been moving at to cause that level of seismic destruction. And the amount of force to get him to move at that velocity. In G4 luffy is easily island busting. You cant compare it to a nuke because thats AOE force. This would be a targeted force from a direct mass accelerating.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
#84 Posted by AlmightyAmortal (953 posts) - - Show Bio

close fight..... but Luffy wins

#85 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#86 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@newworldorder: Interesting thing to bump. I actually thought Luffy has this before i saw enemybird debating for him. Now i don't think he has a chance.

#87 Posted by Amendment50 (16097 posts) - - Show Bio

Now i don't think he has a chance.

How's that?

#88 Posted by Sy8000 (36009 posts) - - Show Bio

Luffy still beats him up. Aquaman has one high end durability feat, his actual strength isn't proven on that level at all.

#89 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: Wanted to see if anyone was willing to back Aquaman.

#90 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid said:

How's that?

If the feats portrayed by him are good representation, Luffy does not pack enough of a punch. He is immune to blunt force damage, but a trident would pierce him quite nicely. Most of all, he debated horridly. I believe he would be able to convince me to vote against him in a cav where he represented the Hulk vs Labradoodle.

Luffy still beats him up. Aquaman has one high end durability feat, his actual strength isn't proven on that level at all.

It's not really true that Arthur only has one high end durability feat. He has one feat that puts him at continental levels of durability. And that one is his highest feat. However, he has a lot of showings against Superman level characters.

He fought Wonder Woman twice, both times with merely a bloody lip. He fought Martian Manhunter, Superman and even the Shaggy Man. All of those are high end durability feats.

#91 Posted by Sy8000 (36009 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid:

It's not really true that Arthur only has one high end durability feat. He has one feat that puts him at continental levels of durability. And that one is his highest feat. However, he has a lot of showings against Superman level characters.

His other feats aren't near as quantifiable.

He fought Wonder Woman twice, both times with merely a bloody lip.

Not sure what the second fight was but the one in Throne of Atlantis barely amounted to anything and New 52 Diana is lacking quantifiable feats.

He fought Martian Manhunter, Superman and even the Shaggy Man. All of those are high end durability feats.

Shaggy Man has barely any feats and Superman was holding back wasn't he? Arthur couldn't even one-shot Truth Superman. I'd need more context for the Martian Manhunter fight.

What actual feats does Aquaman have to be on par with Luffy splitting a city in half? When Luffy's normal blows are easily multi-city block?

#92 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid:

His other feats aren't near as quantifiable.

He fought Wonder Woman twice, both times with merely a bloody lip.

Not sure what the second fight was but the one in Throne of Atlantis barely amounted to anything and New 52 Diana is lacking quantifiable feats.

He fought Martian Manhunter, Superman and even the Shaggy Man. All of those are high end durability feats.

Shaggy Man has barely any feats and Superman was holding back wasn't he? Arthur couldn't even one-shot Truth Superman. I'd need more context for the Martian Manhunter fight.

In the second fight they were both made believe that the other one went insane and was killing innocents. He was capable of taking her blows and even breaking out of her submission and putting her into a hold. They were frozen in time at the moment he had the upper hand.

Shaggy Man was always portrayed as being Doomsday-esque. It is true that New 52 Shaggy Man has very few showings, but he still has some. And those show him trampling Manhunter before burning him and going through Atlantis like it was nothing. Statements also put his strength above Superman

Superman was holding back, but no more than he usually does, so it doesn't necessarily negate the feat. Arthur took multiple punches from him with very little damage showing.

Martian Manhunter was being controlled by angry spirits. Arthur took his punches with no damage showing. Simple as that.

Arthur was holding back against Truth Superman. In fact, Superman decided to goad him into BFR hitting him. Which proves that Aquaman was holding back a lot. Not to mention he didn't use his trident. It was obvious that Arthur didn't want to hurt him. So, not one shotting him is not something that would happen.

What actual feats does Aquaman have to be on par with Luffy splitting a city in half? When Luffy's normal blows are easily multi-city block?

He doesn't need to be on par with strikes. He has his trident that would one shot Luffy with no difficulty. Not to mention that we don't know which trident Aquaman would use. His regular trident would just cut Luffy up, Poseidon Blessing would provide him with too many ways to stomp Luffy and his JLA trident gives him the ability to create Tsunamis.

Arthur has enough Durability to take city block punches.

As we have constituted his highest end feat is continent level, and he has feats of tanking Superman and Martian.

#93 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
@amendment50 said:
@chimeroid said:

How's that?

If the feats portrayed by him are good representation, Luffy does not pack enough of a punch. He is immune to blunt force damage, but a trident would pierce him quite nicely. Most of all, he debated horridly. I believe he would be able to convince me to vote against him in a cav where he represented the Hulk vs Labradoodle.

You obviously and hilariously know very little about one piece/Luffy. Armament Haki protects Luffy from piecing/cutting attacks. Observation haki means that Luffy will know Aquaman's moves before he even attempts them. Gear fourth gives Luffy the strength, speed, and tactical advantage being able to fly and hit from long range. Because his gear 4 which makes use of his armament haki is limitless, Luffy is basically broken in this fight and Aquaman wont even be able to harm him.

#94 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: Aquaman pierced Darkseid. Someone with Planetary++ Durability. Armament haki wouldn't even slow him down.

#95 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: Aquaman pierced Darkseid. Someone with Planetary++ Durability. Armament haki wouldn't even slow him down.

No Caption Provided

#96 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: And what does that actually prove? Seriously, you are such a bad debater i can barely handle it. How fast are those pellets? From what i can see, he is barely moving the center of his body and most of t hose are missing him by a wide margin as is.

#97 Posted by Enemybird (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

@enemybird: And what does that actually prove? Seriously, you are such a bad debater i can barely handle it. How fast are those pellets? From what i can see, he is barely moving the center of his body and most of t hose are missing him by a wide margin as is.

Let's not get personal. We're debating the abilities of cartoons here . I dont really care what you think but it just makes you look stupid as hell when you get upset over something so trivial. Its called observation haki. Being able to predict your opponent's move before they do it. Luffy has that and a slew of other abilities that you are obviously clueless about. I really don't have the time to explain all this in detail nor do I care. So if that makes me a "bad debater" in your mind...so be it.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#98 Posted by Supermanforever (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman because luffy is crap :)))

#99 Posted by Sy8000 (36009 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid:

Shaggy Man was always portrayed as being Doomsday-esque. It is true that New 52 Shaggy Man has very few showings, but he still has some. And those show him trampling Manhunter before burning him and going through Atlantis like it was nothing. Statements also put his strength above Superman

He did nothing to J'onn before burning him. Shaggy Man had trouble with Hawkman of all people.

Superman was holding back, but no more than he usually does, so it doesn't necessarily negate the feat. Arthur took multiple punches from him with very little damage showing.

I've heard different accounts and would rather see scans or issue numbers. Also wasn't Arthur tired out from just running away from the military beforehand? Yeah...

Martian Manhunter was being controlled by angry spirits. Arthur took his punches with no damage showing. Simple as that.

J'onn really lacks striking feats Post Flashpoint from what I remember.

Also the issue in question is strength not durability.

Arthur was holding back against Truth Superman. In fact, Superman decided to goad him into BFR hitting him. Which proves that Aquaman was holding back a lot. Not to mention he didn't use his trident. It was obvious that Arthur didn't want to hurt him. So, not one shotting him is not something that would happen.

He would've treated Superman way worse if he were as strong as you're suggesting. Luffy would one-shot Truth Superman by accident.

He doesn't need to be on par with strikes. He has his trident that would one shot Luffy with no difficulty.

He can't tag Luffy. Luffy could easily blitz and disarm him of his trident.

Not to mention that we don't know which trident Aquaman would use. His regular trident would just cut Luffy up, Poseidon Blessing would provide him with too many ways to stomp Luffy and his JLA trident gives him the ability to create Tsunamis.

He doesn't have Poseidon's trident anymore.

Arthur has enough Durability to take city block punches.

So he can tank Luffy's weakest attacks.

As we have constituted his highest end feat is continent level, and he has feats of tanking Superman and Martian.

Yes, but he'll never tag Luffy and it's a bit much to say he could tank a blitz indefinitely.

#100 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Actually, you asked for durability feats not strength. I don't need strength feats for Aquaman at all since he uses a trident.

He doesn't have poseidon's blessing trident anymore. But he never returned the trident from Justice League of America.