• 56 results
Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Gauntlet Of The Week: Thor Odinson Runs The Gauntlet (60 votes)

Round 1: Blue Marvel 3%
Round 2: Skaar 0%
Round 3: Supergirl 0%
Round 4: Captain Marvel (Shazam) 3%
Round 5: The Sentry (Stable) 22%
Round 6: Wonder Woman 10%
Round 7: World Breaker Hulk 37%
Round 8: Superman 3%
Round 9: Martian Manhunter 5%
Round 10: Silver Surfer 17%

Gauntlet Of The Week: Thor Odinson

Shout out goes to @hittheassasin for the idea of this thread, In any case This is a new series that's different from the traditional Battle Of The Week Threads which is called Gauntlet of the week. A character runs the gauntlet and you viners must vote on where he stops at simple as that. For this first one the son of Odin Thor Odinson will run the gauntlet does he clear if not how far does he make it.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Random Encounter, No Prep time
  • Thor's morals are off, opponents are in character unless otherwise specified
  • Thor Odinson is regular version
  • Offensive TP is restricted off all counts
  • Opponents are also regular versions unless otherwise specified
  • Thor is in Warrior's Madness Mode
  • These combatants are fighting in an generic city, 500 feet apart from eachother and visible
  • Thor Odinson has 5 hours of rest in-between rounds
  • Wins are by Incapitation, Knock Out, BFR (Battle-Field Removal, Basically knocking someone so far the fight cannot continue) or Death of all counts as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss as well "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future, Note: Going to a different location in the environment to catch a breathe or two or for a tactical advantage doesn't count as a tactical retreat.
  • Please do treat everyone within the debate with respect, It also shows signs of a good debater and If you think someone is saying something that isn't true then go ahead and stick out facts to point out why as there is no need for insults or rudeness just because you disagree with someone else's opinion. As of course this is talking about a fictional fight and all so no need for immaturity
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last until Monday afternoon, 21:00 UK time, or in EST is 16:00. and remember Votes don't determine who wins just who the majority sides with

So how far can the son of Odin go.

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by jay_z94 (8341 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Round 7 against World Breaker Hulk.

I believe that he gets past Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and Supergirl due to his incredible durability and versatility in the form of Mjolnir throws and lightning which should even out the speed difference.

#3 Posted by Royal_Warrior (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH below superman and MMH?

MMH above Clark?

Sentry below Wonder Woman?

Stops st sentry but would beat both WW and MMH who's above him

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#4 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see any versions specified for DC characters. Regardless, he should stop at 7. Rebirth Superman shouldn't be that high up.

#5 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Sentry ever been stable? Anyway this is out of order and I'll say he stops at Hulk.

#6 Posted by Chronicplane (9207 posts) - - Show Bio

@royal_warrior: It's called subjective opinion my friend, I think Clark can beat WBH as well as MMH with hax and similar physicals to supes, and I'm definetly certain WW is above Stable Sentry higher skill, stronger and faster.

@all-father I said regular version meaning Post Crisis Clark.

#7 Posted by dondave (41753 posts) - - Show Bio

Stopss at MMH.

#8 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should be higher than superman, Thor stops dead once he gets to Bruce.

#9 Posted by Cable_Extreme (16791 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Supergirl.

#10 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Clear or stops at surfer

#11 Edited by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

Can clear but may stop at Superman or MMH depending on versions. I think he beats Surfer though.

#13 Posted by Con7879 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he stops at WBH.

#14 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

WBH should be higher, Thor stops there, although Warrior's Madness makes it a good-ish fight.

#15 Posted by cosmic_reign (3596 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at WWH

#16 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Diana the skyfather.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#17 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6590 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: aha ha I voted at 22:15 UK time *cue in hit em up*

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#18 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11922 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at WBH who should be one higher, maybe two.

#19 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears. Thor being in Warrior madness already stomped an in-character Silver Surfer, the only character here who could potentially beat WM Thor in a fight is WBH, however Thor can just BFR Hulk for the win as the rules allow it.

#20 Posted by destinyman75 (14765 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor via already beating Norrin and BFR on the hulk

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#21 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: I don't see a morals off in character Thor in warriors madness BFRing anyone he will fight them until they or he is dead

Stops at WBH

Superman and MMH are way to high if they're post crisis

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#22 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4446 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at WBH.

#23 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at WBH, who should be higher.

#24 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelanddcfan24:

I don't see a morals off in character Thor in warriors madness BFRing anyone he will fight them until they or he is dead

He BFRed hulk and tried to BFR PG Drax while in warrior madness, so it is in-character.

Stops at WBH

I'll likely make a post sometime this week on why WM Thor beats WBH.

#25 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Warriors Madness Thor beat Power Gem Drax who would probably beat WBH

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#26 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

WW above Stable Sentry and Shazam??????????

#27 Posted by StormShadow_X (16772 posts) - - Show Bio

SHazam is cool but he's a bit overhyped. Other than the few stories when he's magically Supermans Equal in everyway in stories that don't involve Superman it's seems Cap is quite a bit weaker than most think. Combine that he's got nothing thor couldn't handle between being just a flying brick with no combat experience that shoots magical lightning.

If I had to say who would give Thor a better fight I'd defiantly side with Diana.

#28 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Lel, horribly out of order. WBH should be 9th, and he probably stops there.

#29 Edited by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly stops at WBH.

Most likely if not definitely stops at WW, Supes or MM.

People always say that "Thor holds back against mortals." But his combat speed is just sad... against powerhouses also.

No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by Battle123axe (9056 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Edited by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:

in stories that don't involve Superman it's seems Cap is quite a bit weaker than most think.

Here're some of his feats for you to assess(not arguing for him, many just generally aren't aware of his showings apart from fighting Superman, alone):

Summary and origin. Shakes off Plastic Man.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Basically holds his own against The Justice League of America, who were under the influence of Neron; so basically without morals. It's also worth noting that, initially, Lady Blaze being in such close proximity was also dampening his power: so he was even WEAKER, at the start of the fight, than he is regularly.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Dreadnought nullifies the power(s) of, and dominates Superman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Elongated Man

Captain Marvel knocks him around.

Literally can move faster than gravity.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Fares better in Neron's Hell than any other member of The League. Overpowers Felix Faust's magic.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Battle with Lobo "rocks the cosmos". Tanks a blast from Jack Knight. KOs Superman in two hits.

Given enough time, his lightning is perfectly capable of killing Superman.

Takes a hit from Eclipso possessed Superman with no ill effect. Power Girl admits to him being in all likelihood faster than she is.

Uses the Wisdom of Solomon to command armies. Stops one of Guy Gardner's constructs. Weathers the Thunderbolt's power, as commanded by Ultra-Humanite.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Keeps up with Wally West, who compliments his speed. Is unaffected by The Spear of Longinus. Tanks a hit from, and survives being literally turned inside out by The Void Hound.

VS Superman while at 1/3rd power.

VS Martian Manhunter, while trying to ward off mental-attack from The Gray Man.

Upon receiving his powers for the first time...proceeds to nearly beat the sh!t out of The Wizard(in the Rock of Eternity, no less).

Lastly; the Wisdom of Solomon allows him to discern the nature of enemies' powers, and see through illusions.

VS Lobo.

Superman considers him an equal "in every way". Smashes a crystal petrifying Superman's upper body.

Accidentally punches an enemy so hard...he creates "A black hole that is pulling everything back to eternity". VS Captain Nazi.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Avatar image for christianrapper
#32 Posted by christianrapper (6297 posts) - - Show Bio

he could lose to everyone in that gauntlet.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#33 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not losing to everyone in the Gauntlet and on top of that Worldbreaker Hulk should be second to last. That being said, he stops hard there.

#34 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Sentry should be above Wonder Woman and World Breaker Hulk should be above Superman. Stops at Sentry, would lose to Superman and MMH too, has little chance of beating World Breaker Hulk or Silver Surfer.

#35 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I agree Sentry should be above Wonder Woman and World Breaker Hulk should be above Superman. Stops at Sentry, would lose to Superman and MMH too, has little chance of beating World Breaker Hulk or Sentry.

Even with warriors madness? He gave a physical beatdown to Power Gem Drax, who with the possible exception of World Breaker Hulk none of the people on this list are even comparable to in blunt force durability. If he loses to anyone, but Hulk it would be due to speed and Hax, but I don't think that Sentry can beat him when normal Thor can give Sentry a good fight.

#36 Posted by Marishtar (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#37 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the odds this turns toxic due to Wonder Woman being involved?

#38 Edited by Marishtar (2099 posts) - - Show Bio
@_kingoflatveria said:

Are you kidding?

Even pre52 is Diana comfortably above Billy, current nigh featless Billy shouldn't even be above Kara.

I agree about Sentry though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#39 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar:

Scroll up to see some feats for Shazam. He's a lot more powerful that ppl give him credit 4

#40 Posted by Marishtar (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar:

Scroll up to see some feats for Shazam. He's a lot more powerful that ppl give him credit 4

I give him credit and like Billy a lot, doesn't changes the fact that Diana even in pre52 overall better feats had and he since new52 barely any good feats has.

#41 Edited by Grekko (130 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Warrior Madness Thor already fought a deranged Professor Hulk and couldn't defeat him even though they fought for more than a hour and Thor directly stated he was trying to kill him. So i don't see how WM Thor is taking down WBH, outside of a possible BFR which would be very, very difficult.

#42 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

He stops at 7.

#43 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: You think that Thor can’t take Sentry?

#44 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedailybagel: Certainly not regular Worthy Thor. WM Thor may make it closer but in its recent uses, WM Thor only managed to stalemate an unstable Professor and beat up a not fighting back Beta Ray Bill. Even if WM does give Thor a 10x strength boost, he loses to the last 4 since WM doesn't boost his durability.

#45 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@kevd4wg said:
@lvenger said:

I agree Sentry should be above Wonder Woman and World Breaker Hulk should be above Superman. Stops at Sentry, would lose to Superman and MMH too, has little chance of beating World Breaker Hulk or Sentry.

Even with warriors madness? He gave a physical beatdown to Power Gem Drax, who with the possible exception of World Breaker Hulk none of the people on this list are even comparable to in blunt force durability. If he loses to anyone, but Hulk it would be due to speed and Hax, but I don't think that Sentry can beat him when normal Thor can give Sentry a good fight.

He didn't give a beatdown to PG Drax, he was fighting evenly with him. I certainly don't recall Drax being easily beaten by Thor in that state. Also, Thor wasn't suffering true Warrior's Madness, this was Blood and Thunder Thor who had gone insane and had his strength boosted by a combination of adrenaline and insanity according to an editorial letter response. Also normal Thor and Sentry haven't really fought outside of the initial scuffle in Siege #1 and I don't think Thor could have done any better than Sentry did against WWH.

#46 Edited by jay_z94 (8341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: To be fair, Sentry during Siege was more powerful than he was during WWH.

#47 Posted by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: tbh I’d place even regular Thor a decent bit above Sentry.

#48 Edited by Thedailybagel (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: sentry wasn’t sentry during siege, it was Void. That was shown several times like when Ares stabbed him and tendrils came out.

#49 Posted by TheOriginalOne (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Superman above WBH? Anyway, thor stops at WBH.

#50 Posted by jay_z94 (8341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: sentry wasn’t sentry during siege, it was Void. That was shown several times like when Ares stabbed him and tendrils came out.

Exactly, hence him being more powerful than he was during WWH.